I'm with you on your point about the soundtrack making many of these shows a memorable part of Christmas, McGurk.

One I'd highly recommend is the A Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, by Vince Guaraldi.

I've thought of getting soundtracks for Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer and others, but I really hear them enough when I play the recorded Christmas specials.

But yeah, Christmas music is a huge part of the holiday atmosphere.

(I tried accessing your links, but they crashed my system. It's not your fault, there's a lot of links that cause my system to crash, particularly sound and video stuff. I haven't gotten around to getting my system cleared of spyware yet. I think it's a combination of spyware and not enough memory.)

Another great holiday story I thought of is in MARVEL FANFARE # 1 (Dec 1981).

link to full-size image HERE

A Daredevil story by Roger McKenzie and then-newcomer Paul Smith, inked by Terry Austin. It has some great Christmas scenes with the characters in Daredevil, as well as a nice human-interest story about a street-Santa experiencing a Christmas miracle. And beautiful Smith/Austin art.
This was just a few months before Smith did an X-men story in MARVEL FANFARE 4, and then took over X-MEN in issues 165-175, in one of the best runs on X-MEN.

And again, as I listed in my opening post, Smith followed up with a Howard the Duck Christmas story in BIZARRE ADVENTURES 34 for Christmas 1982. One of my all-time favorite stories, with some wild and charming twists on a classic Christmas story, Frank Capra's It's A Wonderful Life.