Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
#647295 2006-03-21 6:29 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Also, if you guys are up for it, let's just create a whole new thread called "Vanguard". No 'Europe' or 'La Perdita' or anything. Just plain "Vanguard". We start with the characters we want, how we want, and go from there.

In essence, I would love it if we could keep the running background concept that the world is not right, and has not been right for over a year. This could keep us from having to deal with anything "continuity"-wise. Also, the character of Mxy should be something ominous, now. A presence that we won't see for awhile. The team of characters we choose to put together could make it their subtle mission to find Mxy, and figure how to make a god correct the world. Of course, high adventure and intrigue along the way. Death, destruction, sex, and mayhem.

So, let's all do alot of drinking, and smoke alot of pot, and take some acid, and bang our heads against the wall, and see if we can do some crazy 88 mph stories. Yes/No?

Quote:

No limits! We aren't limited by editors, the FCC, or the Comics Code Authority. I want you to dig deep, I-Man. Get in an explore your karma, and make spiritual babies with this stuff. It's been too long since I've seen you flex your writing muscle. But, don't write a fucking encyclopedia either...

BTW, I suggest we keep the current roster of characters we have (Adem, Ozzy, Lykopis, Icarus, and Victor), plus anyone Mxy or you wants to create. And unless the creator of said character comes along and removes him/her, we should feel that any and all liberties can be taken as we wish. I feel that, after almost six months, the writers would have come along and done something with their characters if they wanted to.

Either way, it's just fiction. There are no real rules,

And, I want to warn you guys of my latest inspirations in life:

Phillip K. Dick novels
The television show "LOST"
The television show "Battlestar Galactica"
Short storied by Robert E. Howard
DC's Infinite Crisis
unwanted sobriety

Take all of that how you will...

Quote:

I've made Icarus into something of a tragic character, at first. His body has been changed, and grafted with cybernetics (of your own design and choosing, I assure you). To me, at first, he's not gonna be too thrilled with what he's become. But, Like Johnny Storm, I expect him to jump after awhile and be even better than before. And, most importantly, more mature than before. Is he leadership material now? Could be.

Lykopis, I'm going to flesh out some. Take away a slight bit of her personal hardness. Remind her how to be a woman without having to be so utterly dominating. That was CJ's thing. Not mine. I think it's time she stepped up and helped lead a group anyway.

Victor is Victor, and Danny can do what he wants. I just took his sight to make him even more dangerous.

Adem without the ability of easy communication. But, his brain was always his power, not his mouth. Can he re-learn English? Why did he lose it in the first place?

Ozzy's skin is now metallic, ala' Colossus. And, he can't turn it off. Not much of an impediment. But, it's something to start with. I may do more.

These are just my initial ideas. I think it goes without saying that any creator may override my wishes. However, unless they're going to do something different than before, I would rather the character just be removed all together.

And, last but most importantly.....pick a character. And that's it, you know? No matter what Gaunt may have said in that last post, I have had no intention of having Paragon, or anyone else readily appear still the way they were. The world is changed. The La Perdita team...are they gone? What's happened? I stated that 11 people had vanished over a year ago, with six being the crew I spotlighted. With Gaunt gone, it's five. Who are the rest? Well, that's the hole I left open for others to bring a character in. Notice, my concept is that these characters that have been missing...they're the only ones that really know the world is different than it was.

And, really.....what happened to these eleven? What happened to the six we've seen so far? What happened to make them so different? What changed them? What took Victor's eyes? Adem's "tongue"? What scarred Lykopis, hardened Ozzy, and teched-up Icky?

That's the exploration I'm looking for from you guys. And, one that I hope isn't solved in a single story.

Does any of this make sense?

Quote:

Chewy, that's some damn good stuff, man! Seriously. I really dig the words you put in Ozzy's mouth, as well as how you are evolving Icarus...even in the slightest of ways. PLEASE keep it up...

Phil, if you or anyone else want to do your old characters with your old stuff, that's cool. But, you'll have to do it in a seperate thread, or something. This story...this new take...is about change and a new perspective. I'm simply against going back to any of the characters the way they were, or the stories/continuity left behind. If you or Euro want to "tie up" old stories, go right ahead. Just create a seperate story in this forum for it.

Now, if you want to really change Smith, or, create something utterly different, go right ahead and join in.

And guys? Let's keep the mood of the characters in perspective. Let's make sure that we remember (much like Chewy did with Icky) that this change has been abrupt and brutal. As far as their memories are concerned, it's only been a few hours since they were in Spain. Then BAM! Here they are...a year has seemingly passed...Drake and Foxe, both dead...and for the moment, they're simply trying to find their bearings, crashing at one of Montag's European castles. Shock and inner reflection are the name of the game at the moment...

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Damn you, Pro...

...now I'm starting to get ideas!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

As I said to my synapses last night:

Burn baby, burn!!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I'm pretty short on time and inspiration right now. and I'm really not high on the group writing concept at this time.

but we'll see how things develop.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
As with everyone, feel free to drop in at any time, as long as you have something new to say. And YOU, of all people, know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Oh, and I'm going to throw this out right now, and see if everyone is okay with it:

No Paragon. No Penny. No La Perdita, island or team. Nothing concrete to tie us back to the old storylines.

Now, the exception is, of course, if you have something new to do with Paragon, Penny, etc. If it's new...and I mean something different, fresh...then, fucking go for it. Go with your instincts. But, the first time we start getting too deep into pre-continuity, I'll start actively writing against it.

Is that cool?

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
So, is the Tezcatlipoca plotline off the burners for the Vanguardians currently? Cause, if so, and no one has any objects/fully developed ideas on it, I'm thinking of taking the plot on as a solo introductrory story for Qayin while I give time for my main plot to build in the New MBL storyline...

(And on a side note, shouldn't the story thread and talk thread get some numbering? This strikes me as a zero issue, but what title?

NEW VANGUARD #0?
VANGUARD [Volume 2] #0?
MORE WACKY ADVENTURES OF VANGUARD #0?

Come a new #1, if such a thing occurs, I see a bitchin' new team and mission profile...)

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Pro ingenuosly wrote:
Quote:

If you or Euro want to "tie up" old stories, go right ahead

Actually, Pro, Gooz "tied up" the old stories in a GREAT way in the first post of the New MBL storyline, on the line of a little suggestion I did some months ago, of doing a "one year later" story for the Vanguard Universe, to relaunch the writing here.

To say the truth, I have a mixed feeling for the "New Vanguard". Probably it's because they are Vanguard Europe character, I had no one in that group, and if you had resurrected Vanguard Intl maybe I would be much more excited.

What I feel is that here we are so few people willing to write (you said that T5, me TTT and Gooz are "writing like mad", but actually just I Man and to a lesser degree myself are consistently posting, as work keeps all of us very busy), that splitting the "duty" again over two team I think it's an unwise move.

Both team are based on the Vanguard Universe, both are set "one year later", both starts with the premise of "don't care about the past, concentrate over the present and tell a good story"; most of all, both stories have just an handful of persons willing to write them.

Why don't we unify the teams, bringing together the characters, and dedicate out time to a single story? I am not saying it has to be done now, let your "lost vanguard story" develop and complete, with all the time it needs, but then, why don't bring the two groups together? I think there would be a lot more chance to let our seven year old tradition of storytelling to survive into the future...

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Bah, scrap all what I said above, Pro, and simply come to join also the MBL.

If you say you are interested only in the Vanguard people, that demonstrates you are much more obsessed by the past and by continuity than myself.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Heh...

I-Man: I personally have no intention or desire to do anything with the previous plotline. So, go ahead and do what you will. Numbering the stories.....let's just see if this even goes anywhere first. For right now, it's just "Vanguard".

Euro: Well, to be honest I had NO idea about your MBL 'One Year Later' storyline. Seriously. It's weird, but, I just thought "Hey, here's a way to just go again..." Talk about synchronicity.

As for splitting duties between the teams, merging the teams, or what not, I have to say no. The "MBL" is, funny enough, the side of things I had no involvement and no interest in back in the original universe. TOMB was always my home, and the MBL was always a peripheral concept. So, I see no reason for it not to be so again.

I think you, and whoever is writing in those stories, should continue doing so. I, Chewy, I-Man, and anyone else who wants to come in will do this new Vanguard, and we'll just see where it takes us, Remember, this is how TOMB/MBL operated together for years, Little involvement. In fact, I think Chewy's old rule of "no crossovers" should be put back into place.

And, as for me being more into "continuity" than you? Ahem. Did I name this new team "TOMB", Mr. MBL?

Seriously, let's just all write what we want to write, and have fun. We'll worry about the specifics when they arise...

[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
If the Ministry story doesn't continue anytime soon, I'd like to import my character, John Argent, into this story.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
As you will my friend. Just let me get the current group back to Munich first...

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Posted again - bringing Montag into the fray...

Okay... not so much 'into the fray' as 'spotlighting for something in the future,' but, y'know...

Also, I was thinking that not all eleven characters who were 'taken' should be revealed right away. Give it some mystery for later on. Anyone?

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:

And, as for me being more into "continuity" than you? Ahem. Did I name this new team "TOMB", Mr. MBL?

I didn't call it MBL, it was Gooz (and I am not going to do the old joke, even if it was fitting); it's his HR Universe one year later story, a thing for which I will never be able to thank him enough and properly.

What I was trying to say is that, aside the fact that Gooz called it MBL (which by the way was the first name Vanguard had, too), he "rebooted" the Vanguard Universe without giving a damn about what happened in the previous year, while your story seems centered about discovering what's different and what happened. But don't get me wrong, I think it is very cool.

As for being the MBL not what interest you, I could just point out that TOMB, before Prometheus knoked to the door looking for a bathroom, was very different from what it was later. In any case, I concour that we need a strict policy of NO CROSSOVER (even no cross references, they are two different universes, even if they sprang from the same past).

Also, I am mildly tempted to join (bringing in the Edulcore Cicciotto werewolf from the Thoughened Glass Universe, a character I had a lot of fun with and that sadly I could not explore enough to my satisfaction in that early died story); I will see how Vanguard develops and if I find a good spot, maybe I will...

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
As with everyone, feel free to drop in at any time, as long as you have something new to say. And YOU, of all people, know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that...

no, what do you mean?

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

Eurostar said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:

I didn't call it MBL, it was Gooz (and I am not going to do the old joke, even if it was fitting); it's his HR Universe one year later story, a thing for which I will never be able to thank him enough and properly.

What I was trying to say is that, aside the fact that Gooz called it MBL (which by the way was the first name Vanguard had, too), he "rebooted" the Vanguard Universe without giving a damn about what happened in the previous year, while your story seems centered about discovering what's different and what happened. But don't get me wrong, I think it is very cool.

As for being the MBL not what interest you, I could just point out that TOMB, before Prometheus knoked to the door looking for a bathroom, was very different from what it was later. In any case, I concour that we need a strict policy of NO CROSSOVER (even no cross references, they are two different universes, even if they sprang from the same past).

Also, I am mildly tempted to join (bringing in the Edulcore Cicciotto werewolf from the Thoughened Glass Universe, a character I had a lot of fun with and that sadly I could not explore enough to my satisfaction in that early died story); I will see how Vanguard develops and if I find a good spot, maybe I will...

we knew that Pro was the old Gooz, but who knew that Euro was the old Pro?

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
MY HEAD A'SPLODE!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
we knew that Pro was the old Gooz, but who knew that Euro was the old Pro?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
Also, I was thinking that not all eleven characters who were 'taken' should be revealed right away. Give it some mystery for later on. Anyone?

That was my exact thinking. Let's leave a certain air of mystery to this new world. That's half the fun..

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Oh Chewy! Awesome! I could literally taste the film of wealth in that post. Excellent, excellent...

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Yeah, yeah... Not making any promises.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Fan-fucking-tastic Mxy!!

Seriously, that's really fucking cool, man. I was really hoping you would bring Link back. Please join in when you can!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
BTW, nice bookend with the title of the post...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Oh, and my post wasn't to discredit Grimm's character or anything. But, since we wouldn't ever be seeing him again, I thought it would be the only appropriate way to clean up the lines about Paragon.

I have an idea about how to get them from the castle to Munich. Not saying they'll stay in Munich, though...

Any thoughts?

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
MY HEAD A'SPLODE!

Is there candy inside?

Looks like Prester John found someone to play with...

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Seriously, everyone - good work all around! I can already tell that this is going to be fun...

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Fine, I'll play.

Mxy: Your Link post disturbed the hell out of me.

A request: No one use Danny yet. I want to play around with him in the one year gap.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
Danny #647322 2006-03-22 12:56 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Excellent Dan-o! You really know how to go with the flow. Love the infra-red vision and all. Again, great.

As for Danny, I don't think anyone had even considered it. I was thinking we were going to go with the characters we had. But, if you can bring Danny in some new fashion, go for it. Let's just not overpopulate the story yet.

And, also, keep in mind....only eleven people in the world know things have changed. Would Danny be one of them? I can't tell if Grissom does or not. Guess we'll find out...

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
I only mentioned it 'cause above someone talked about not worrying about VE or V Prime or whatever, so someone may have been tempted to reference the La Perdita team. Which is cool, just use characters other than Danny. Like... I dunno... Bruteforce. And not the squirrel, 'cause he's dead. Dead like a squirrel.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Posted again.

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Woo!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Yeah, that's what I said...

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Hope no one minds me playing in the background...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Chewy, damn good!

I-Man, I don't think anyone minds "background playing", but, personally, I feel we need to concentrate on the main cast first, before anyone starts creating background groups, organizations, characters, and the like. Only due to past problems with these types of things, I fear any idea called "Strikeforce Vanguard". But, hey, I don't know exactly what you're doing, so, I'll just wait and see.

BTW, do you understand the characters we're using right now? Do you know their abilities and personalities, and the like? If not, let us know and we can give you a bit of fill-in. If so, feel free to write some scenes with them in the castle.

Phil, I can only assume a certain telepath will be meeting up with our group at some point. I look forward to the advancements you've made with him...

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Icarus 2.0 = The Drummer?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Abso-fucking-lutely! I love it. This is exactly the evolution Icarus should take. Although, I would think it's half Drummer and a good half Engineer...

Posted again. I'm just doing some small little character posts right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll get everyone on their way back to Munich...

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
let me write my own arrival.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Done.

All you need to know about Grimm:

superstrong
nigh invulnerable
fighting style is a cross between street fighting and grappling.

he's a little standoffish at the moment because he doesn't really trust the others.

that's it.

no axe.

no avatars.

no haven.

no asylum.

yadda yadda

whatever.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Well, GREAT work so far.

I will join when Prometheus will write my character in.

I want to be surprised like the others.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Oh, and I should probably mention (for I-Man's benefit, since he's been writing more with the character than I have) that the Grissom of this 'brave new world' is not a meta... just an ordinary human.

I'll be writing some more once I get back from work. Cheers!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard