Quote:

the G-man said:
No.

BTW, if you look at when most of the acts Lay was convicted of occurred, they happened before Bush took office.

In other words, they were getting away with it under a democrat administration. The were prosecuted under a republican one.

Hey G-man, I am not saying that Bush facilitated Enron's corruption or that Democrats are morally superior to Bush or the Republicans. Back when I was a right-wing idealogue I remember the furor that occured during Clinton's final days when he pardoned several of his cronies (I think they were part of the White-Water scam).

But, it seems painfully obvious that these two "Texas" businessmen traveled in the same social ciricles, even if they weren't in kahootz. I am glad that they are being prosecuted and I don't believe that successful jurisprudence is either Blue or Red. I'm just wondering if Bush will help out his old buddy before he leaves the Oval Office or if he will allow the court's ruling to stand like he did with regards to executions as the governor of Texas?

I'm glad I've got your prediction in print... I'll be sure to re-post it in two years.

I am a man with needs. Rack JLA!!!