Stevie Ray Vaughn "Little Wing"- I know you said that you don't like guitar instrumentals. I have been playing guitar for 15years and I hate most guitar instrumentals, even though I respect the musicianship involved. But, trust me, this rendition of the Hendrix classic is amazing and very accessible.

Metallica "Unforgiven" or "Fade to Black"- While I believe that the frentic pace of the outro solo of "One" contributes to the ambiance of the song and its subject matter, I can see where you feel that Hammett's solo has an almost Malsteem feel. On these two tracks, his guitar sound and style is more emotive, yet he still has a few impressive acrobatics.

Guns N' Roses "November Rain"- It may seem cliche, but it is the song that made me want to learn how to play guitar. Try to watch the video if you can, b/c Slash in front of a church in the middle of nowhere makes it even more epic. Heck while you are at it try listing to "Don't Cry," "November Rain," and "Estranged" in that order if possible. GNR intended them to form a trilogy and while pretentious, the three songs do an excellent job of showcasing Slashes guitar skills. "Civil War" is also worth checking out.

Pink Floyd "Shine on you Crazy Diamond" or "Comfortably Numb"- The minute David Gilmore plays a note on the guitar you know it is him; his guitar sound is immediately recgonizable. These songs are sonic masterpieces and Gilmore's solos take them to the next level. I would also recommend the song "Echos," but given that it is nearly 20min long it is mostly instrumental.

Led Zeppelin "Stairway to Heaven" or "Since I've Been Loving You"- It's "Stairway" nuff said, and the second song helps to showcase the fact that at their roots Zeppelin is a blues band.

Pantera "I'm Broken" or "This Love"- If you are in the mood for a quality heavy guitar solo, Dimebag is your man. RIP

I am a man with needs. Rack JLA!!!