Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Spring in the air at Legends Field
By Chris Girandola / Special to MLB.com

Legends Field came to life Tuesday morning, and winter receded a little further into the background. The Yankees' first full-squad workout of Spring Training signaled a parade of superstars out of their clubhouse, and a longer parade of fans to watch them

In Florida, baseball and warmer weather have again kept their perennial date. The thermometer has been a little behind the pitchers and the catchers, who worked out in uncommon chill when their own drills began last Thursday.

But on Tuesday, shades of the old Bronx Zoo -- the Mike Mussina-Carl Pavano and Alex Rodriguez-Derek Jeter stories rattled the cages -- was replaced by a beehive.

After Jeter held the obligatory conference in the first-base dugout, he joined the hustle and bustle of the locker room.

The usual suspects and the new faces all took their places in the clubhouse. Except for that of Bernie Williams -- but it was apparent that camp had moved on without his presence.

Andy Pettitte was back in pinstripes where it seemed he should have always been.

Jason Giambi and Johnny Damon, whose lockers sit side-by-side, shared offseason stories with reporters.

Hideki Matsui sat at his locker in one corner of the clubhouse and worked on his pants, pulling and twisting them into shape. Doug Mientkiewicz and Andy Phillips talked shop about which glove they like to use the best, sharing and trying on each other's favorite mitt.

And a few lockers away, Bobby Abreu held court with fellow Venezuelens Miguel Cairo and and Alberto Gonzalez along with Dominicans Melky Cabrera and Humberto Sanchez as the group discussed the recent Caribbean World Series, won by the Dominican Republic.

It was strange to see more players than reporters surrounding Abreu, considering a year ago, just a few miles down the road in Clearwater, the slugger dominated most of the attention in the Phillies camp.

But such is the case with the jammed-marquee Yankees.

Fans lined up at the front of Legends Field well before the gates opened at 10 a.m. ET. When the word came, they rushed in faster than the bulls in Pamplona and, when the entire team sauntered out to the outfield area to stretch, a thunderous applause erupted from the stands as if Game 1 of the playoffs had begun.

"This is what it's all about," said Pat Amodio, 46, an engineer from Washington, D.C., who is in town with his family to see the Yankees. "You get that feeling like baseball is back. To see them up close like this, it just typifies what Spring Training means and the Yankees define it."

Yes, spring had definitely arrived.

Appropriately enough, as the Yankees spread out to warm up and play catch, the sun beamed down onto the field at Legends.

And, unlike the chill of Monday, it finally felt like things were in their proper places.

If the 70-degree weather suggested it, then Jeter and A-Rod playing catch confirmed it.

Soon, fans shed their windbreakers and donned suntan lotion. They shouted the names of their heroes in hopes a ball or an autograph might be had.

The atmosphere screamed of Spring Training and, when Damon exited the batting cages after smacking a home run and yelled, "Yeahhhhhhhh," the players knew it as well.

After practice, right-hander Tyler Clippard, 22, who is in Yankees camp for the first time, possibly summed it up the best: "It's hard to explain. To be surrounded by all these future Hall of Famers and to be a part of the mystique of the Yankees is pretty special. And, today, when everybody is here and the weather all of a sudden warms up like this, it seems like it all works out perfect. It's just a really special day."

The first of many special days, which is a thought that warmed participants and spectators as much as the sun itself.

giant picture
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Jesus Christ - if that isn't the best sports/thread title evar!!!1!

And it's so fucking true, too.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Oh, and nice to see that there is an article that isn't focused on the bullshit "cooling" between Jeter and ARod. Seems the last few days all the papers could talk about was that. Who cares if they're friends or not? Just win the damn series already.

Disappointed that Bernie's not there, but more disappointed with his behavior.

Psyched for Yankee domination again.

Is it April yet?

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Hey A-Rod, I've got your back

By Jim Caple
Page 2

I admit it. When the Yankees opened camp with their traditional first fundamental drill -- Alex Rodriguez inserting his foot in his mouth -- I was ready to ridicule A-Rod just like everyone else. After reading his comments about his declining friendship with Derek Jeter, my initial thought was to describe my own evolving relationship with A-Rod:

The reality is our friendship has cooled since Alex left Seattle. We aren't blood brothers anymore and we don't have sleepovers four or five nights a week anymore. Not that we ever were or did, but still, it's different between us now. In fact, the last time we spoke, he turned to a teammate and said, "Do you smell something?" and then walked away without giving me a hug. I don't know why our relationship has changed, though sources close to both of us suspect that it has to do with a 2001 article in which I wrote that A-Rod "never had to be the leader" with the Mariners and that he was "greedy and insincere" and "a traitor" and "a loser" and that he cheated on his income taxes and sold heroin to the clubhouse kids and that he was so cruel to animals that "he literally showed me the many ways there are to skin a cat." So we don't go out for dinner three or four times a week anymore (which we never did, even though I would have been more than happy to do so as long as he was willing to pick up the tab). …

Then I thought about detailing the troubled history of the Jeter/A-Rod friendship …

June 16: After three years, eight months, 17 days and three hours, Derek still hasn't returned my copy of "The Poisonwood Bible." I wonder whether he's even read it.

July 12: Derek went to see "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" without me!

A-Rod takes most of the heat, but Jeter has had bad postseason series, too.July 23: Derek removed me from his friends list on MySpace. What does this mean?!!?!?!?!

The column went on in that vein but by the time I finished writing, I thought, "Why? What's the point? Do we really need another column mocking A-Rod?"

I mean, what has he ever done that is so bad? Despite his best efforts at living a clean, responsible life, he has a worse reputation than Terrell Owens. I know I've mocked him as much as anyone, but now I mostly feel sorry for him. He's one of the best players in the game, and people act as if he's Bubba Crosby. Enough is enough. Forget the soap operas that stem from his silly insecurities -- any day now I expect him to shave his head -- I'm going to root for A-Rod this season. No more cheap shots, no more easy punch lines … from now on, I'm his No. 1 fan. Not quite like Kathy Bates in "Misery," but I'm pulling for him all the way.

And here's why you should root for him as well.

Root for A-Rod because years from now, you'll be bragging to your children and grandchildren that you saw one of the greatest players who ever took the field. You'll be able to say, "I saw Rodriguez hit .358 with 36 home runs and 123 RBIs in his first full season. I saw him hit 409 home runs by the time he was 30. I saw him win an MVP at shortstop for a last-place team one year and then win an MVP at third base for a first-place team two years later. I saw him hit .315 with four home runs in three American League Championship Series. I saw him play in 10 All-Star games his first 11 seasons."

It may not sound as sweet as telling your kids, "I saw A-Rod hit a World Series-winning home run in the bottom of the 10th inning," but it certainly sounds much better than telling them, "I threw fake dollar bills and garbage at A-Rod because he signed a contract that I would have killed to get."

Root for A-Rod because if you don't like Barry Bonds challenging Hank Aaron's home run record, just wait -- Rodriguez might wind up passing Bonds in a decade. A-Rod hasn't testified before a grand jury that he "unknowingly" took steroids, but he has hit 464 home runs, which is a total Aaron didn't reach until he was two years older than Rodriguez is now and a total Bonds didn't reach until he was almost four years older. Trust me, if A-Rod does set the home run record, you'll not only be rooting for him then, the commissioner will show up to see it.

Get off A-Rod's case, already. He has already hit 464 home runs at age 31.Root for A-Rod because despite all you hear about him choking in the playoffs (and yes, he has stunk the past two Octobers) he still has nearly as high a career postseason OPS as Jeter (.847 to .863). A-Rod also hit for a higher average and produced more runs in the 2004 postseason than Jeter did. In fact, Jeter has played in 24 postseason series and hit .233 or less in nearly one-third of them. That's not to knock Jeter, but only to point out that if you play enough postseason series, you're going to shine in some and stink in others. Give A-Rod another chance this fall, and he will rise to the occasion. Especially if he feels as if fans would rather see him succeed than bitch about his failures.

Root for A-Rod because, other than saying stupid things, he never does anything to embarrass his team or the game. He never gives less than his best. He never approaches the game with anything less than complete professionalism. So what if he can't help himself from making ridiculous statements in an attempt to please everyone at all times? There are far worse crimes for an athlete -- and we complain about them all the time.

But mostly, root for A-Rod because if he has another MVP season and shines in October, all those obnoxious Yankees fans will have to shut up and quit blaming him for everything that ever goes wrong with a team that has needed better pitching ever since it let Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte go.

Tell your statistics to shut up

After another winter in upstate New York, my friend Scooter is so desperate for spring training (he bought tickets to all the Giants games in Scottsdale even though he doesn't root for San Francisco) that he recently has taken to connecting players from different eras a la "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" on the baseballreference.com tool, The Baseball Oracle. His most recent connections: Luke Easter and Steve Christmas, Cookie Lavagetto and Candy Maldonado, Birdie Tebbetts to Mike Parrott, Three-Finger Brown to Antonio Alfonseca (who has six fingers on each hand) and Larry Sherry to Bill Terry to Ken Berry. Yes, this is a man who needs to get to Arizona. …

I may be alone on this, but the incredible outrage over the DirecTV deal seems all out of proportion to what is actually happening. I appreciate a lot of fans are upset about losing their baseball package -- I know the problems with satellite dishes -- but remember that we're talking about something that wasn't available to everyone in the first place. Hard as it is to believe, some people still don't have cable, and of those who do, only a small percentage actually subscribed to Extra Innings. Further, with ESPN and local team coverage, there is hardly a shortage of baseball on TV these days. If you're desperate, you can get XM Radio and listen to any game you want (don't columnists always tell us radio is the preferred medium for baseball anyway?). Or you can pay to watch the games on MLB.com. Also, the shift to DirecTV isn't just about a short-term increase in revenue; it's also being made in part to help baseball eventually get a TV channel that unlike the NFL package, won't be a premium service. Again, I understand why people are upset about this and I think a fair compromise would be for baseball to thank fans who paid for the old package by giving them a free year of coverage on MLB.com. …

If you feel as if the Cubs sold out by finally placing advertising on their outfield walls, don't. Outfield advertising goes back to baseball's good old days, when the game was supposedly pure (well, other than that color line thing) and Fenway's Green Monster was a giant Lifebuoy advertisement. So there is another ugly billboard in baseball. Get used to it. …

And finally … More proof that ballplayers live in a different world: Ken Griffey Jr. says he broke his wrist in a fall wrestling with his son on the family yacht. …

From left field
Ron Santo is up for another Hall of Fame vote this weekend, and if there is any justice in the world, the veterans committee will finally welcome him. Santo won five Gold Gloves, played in nine All-Star games, led the league in on-base percentage twice, hit 342 home runs and drove in 1,331 runs, and yet he still doesn't have a plaque in Cooperstown. What does a guy have to do to get in?

Well, it would help if he wasn't a third baseman, the toughest position at which to reach the Hall of Fame. After more than a century of major league baseball, only 13 third basemen have been judged worthy of Cooperstown, and three of those played in the Negro Leagues. That means less than one third baseman per decade gets into the Hall. No other position has so few players in the Hall.

The third basemen, as defined by the Hall of Fame, in Cooperstown:

Player Skinny
Frank Baker Home Run Baker led AL in homers four years; never hit over 12
George Brett Two batting titles, MVP and most of his 1,595 RBIs at third base
Wade Boggs Five batting titles and .328 career average
Jimmy Collins Only 1,998 hits, most before AL existed
Ray Dandridge Solid hitter and one of best fielders in Negro Leagues
Judy Johnson Team captain of Pittsburgh Crawfords
George Kell 10-time All-Star and .306 career hitter
Freddie Lindstrom .311 lifetime average
Eddie Mathews First third baseman with 500 home runs
Brooks Robinson 15-time All-Star, MVP and still the fielding standard for 3B
Mike Schmidt Unprecedented combo of power and fielding
Pie Traynor .320 career hitter
Jud Wilson Excellent hitter, still was playing in Negro Leagues at age 51

Infield chatter

"A great day for America, not such a great day for NASCAR. A bunch of drivers have been fined for putting jet fuel in their cars. That's the equivalent of steroids in NASCAR. It's very easy to tell which cars are on these steroids. They're the ones with the shrunken ball bearings."

-- Colin Ferguson

Jim Caple is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He can be reached here. His Web site is back up at a slightly different address, jimcaple.net, with more installments of 24 College Avenue. In addition to "The Devil Wears Pinstripes," his new book with Steve Buckley, "The Best Boston Sports Arguments: The 100 Most Controversial, Debatable Questions for Die-Hard Boston Fans" is on sale now.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I have a great feeling for this year. I really think the Yanks are gonna surprise alot of people. Some predicitions..Pavano will be great this year and Phil Hughes will see some serious time in the majors and dominate.

Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
any of you locals planning on attending more games this year and next, before they make the stadium asplode?

its my dream to get season tickets again for me and my pop

giant picture
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Fuck the yankees...that is all.

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Being embarrassingly jealous is not an attractive quality, hon...

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
No, no jealousy dear...just pure hate. And im not even a redsox fan.

"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Then, you're not even in the running.

And you have no excuse to hate the best gobdamned team in the universe, other than to be plain old jealous.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
The Cardinals sure mattered last year.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
The Cardinals sure mattered last year.

Then go talk about them on the Cardinal thread....

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
oh but i do have reason....You see when i was but a lad my father decided to take me to my first ever playoff game(of any sport). We got tickets to Game 3 of the 2001 ALDS...im sure all you yankee bastards remember that game (and that particular play) against my A's. So because the yanks ruined my first ever playoff experience...i hate them. Hell, even if we had one that series i still would hate them just because of that game.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
so i reiterate. fuck the yankees...that is all.

400+ posts
400+ posts
Guys, let the Yankees fans have their little place. It's the only place where the Yankees actually matter.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Brad Lee said:
I'm bitter that people ignored my hockey threads.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Knutreturns said:
oh but i do have reason....You see when i was but a lad my father decided to take me to my first ever playoff game(of any sport). We got tickets to Game 3 of the 2001 ALDS...im sure all you yankee bastards remember that game (and that particular play) against my A's. So because the yanks ruined my first ever playoff experience...i hate them. Hell, even if we had one that series i still would hate them just because of that game.

Ok, so you're jealous that the Yankees are better than your team. Got it.

400+ posts
400+ posts
Sure, Harley, suuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrre.

You do know that the Tigers have the bragging rights this year, right? Last season did happen. You are my bitch right now.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Knutreturns said:
Fuck the yankees...that is all.

I am rolling with knutreturns at an accelerated pace on this one.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

Knutreturns said:

Harley, you are a wonderful girl and I would without question fuck you for an extended period of time in a diverse array of positions, but I'm afraid I just can't let you get away with this nonsensical rambling about the yankees not being deserving of our undying hatred.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Brad Lee said:

Wow. Didn't think you'd so easily acknowledge that you're a bitter bitch about those hockey threads. Good on you for being able to admit it.

Quote:

You do know that the Tigers have the bragging rights this year, right?

And you do know that the ongoing magnitude of the Tigers' suckage far outweighs one decent season, right?

Quote:

Last season did happen. You are my bitch right now.

Oh dear. I hit a nerve.

I didn't realize that someone so self-righteous could stoop to such language!

So, "I'm your bitch" because I hurt your feelings about your hockey threads, or because you have to admit that the Tigers had only one decent season after being the biggest fucking joke for years on end? (Remember 2003? Oh, and "go Randy!" and even after he was fired they still continued to royally suck!) Jesus, Brad, it was about fucking time they did something right. Yet, you didn't see me raggin' on them for their win, did you? No. I come into a Yankees' thread to joke around and cheer for my boys, and people come in here to bitch and moan about them - and that's ok, because for the most part its all in good fun - friendly rivalry and all that - and because at the end of the day the Yankees are legend - and everyone is jealous of a legend - especially whiney, sanctimonious creatures like yourself.

Oh, and how many times have the Tigers actually won the Series?

Yeah, I thought so.

But you go on and milk that win for as long as you can, honey.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

Knutreturns said:

Harley, you are a wonderful girl and I would without question fuck you for an extended period of time in a diverse array of positions,

Quote:

but I'm afraid I just can't let you get away with this nonsensical rambling about the yankees not being deserving of our undying hatred.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
so sammitch...how much do you hate the yankees?

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Gah!

And you seemed so nice when you first got here...

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Knutreturns said:

As much as a Red Sox fan who [unlike others here] won't be converted just by one woman, no matter how hot she may be.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Knutreturns said:

As much as a Red Sox fan

I didn't think anyone could hate the Yankees as much as a Red Sox fan...

Quote:

who [unlike others here] won't be converted just by one woman, no matter how hot she may be.

I'll get you my little pretty...

Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Knutreturns said:

As much as a Red Sox fan who [unlike others here] won't be converted just by one woman, no matter how hot she may be.

Real Red Sox fans don't have to ramble incessantly about how much they hate the Yankees, pushing forward the false stereotype that Red Sox fans are jealous of the Yankees (we just sit back quietly and let the Yankees fans babble on about 26 rings while trying to avoid the facts behind 2004). They also don't slam other Red Sox fans for their ability to pay compliments and respect where due. Just because I'm apparently the only true Red Sox fans on these boards and the only non-Yankees fan who can read these threads with a clear head shouldn't make you jealous of me. What should make you jealous is that I'm a real Red Sox fan and you're a poser who can't get behind the Cubs or White Sox for whatever reason. Beeeeeeyotch.

PS: I was in the stands for Game 3 of the 2003 ALDS near where Trot Nixon hit the game-winning home run. Then I watched as the A's choked their way through the rest of the series and whined afterwards about "obscene gestures". Fuck the A's. Buncha whiny bitches.

PPS: Fuck the Yankees, too. But not as much as the Choakland A-Holes.

Uschi said:
I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

[Linked Image from i6.photobucket.com]
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Knutreturns said:

Real Red Sox fans don't have to ramble incessantly about how much they hate the Yankees, pushing forward the false stereotype that Red Sox fans are jealous of the Yankees (we just sit back quietly and let the Yankees fans babble on about 26 rings while trying to avoid the facts behind 2004).

Hush, you!

Quote:

PPS: Fuck the Yankees, too.

Oh, bite me you jealous bitch.

Is it April yet?

Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Hush, you!

2004...not a great year for the Yankees. On my birthday they tied a few records for a single game loss. And, of course, I don't have to remind anyone - particularly Yankees fans - about that year's ALCS.

So I will: greatest choke in the history of the game AND the first time a choke of that proportion ever happened in baseball.

Mo--->

Quote:

Is it April yet?

Not yet...not soon enough. How's that Pavano working out for you?

Uschi said:
I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Real Red Sox fans don't have to ramble incessantly about how much they hate the Yankees, pushing forward the false stereotype that Red Sox fans are jealous of the Yankees (we just sit back quietly and let the Yankees fans babble on about 26 rings while trying to avoid the facts behind 2004).

Disliking a team doesn't require envy of that team. Similarly, envying someone doesn't always equate to hating someone - just look at Jealous Rob and PJP. I talk about hating the Yankees because, well, it's fun, and it just so happens that I don't especially like the team.

Quote:

They also don't slam other Red Sox fans for their ability to pay compliments and respect where due.

All of us ogle the one solitary photo of Harley, and all of us descend to shameless lechery and fall over each other in a desperate hopeless quest to grasp those delightful boobies and that succulent ass, but that doesn't mean we go off half-cocked and jump ship at the slightest hint of flirtation from the salacious wench!

Quote:

Just because I'm apparently the only true Red Sox fans on these boards and the only non-Yankees fan who can read these threads with a clear head shouldn't make you jealous of me. What should make you jealous is that I'm a real Red Sox fan and you're a poser who can't get behind the Cubs or White Sox for whatever reason. Beeeeeeyotch.

I didn't get behind the Cubs or Sox because I'm not from Chicago. I didn't get behind the Indians because as a native of Cleveland, I know that hometown pride here brings nothing but depression. I starting liking Boston a short while after my favorite ballplayer (Manny) was traded there. Since that time (coincidence?) the team has played at an outstanding level and given me a number of new reasons to support them. And the Dropkick Murphys (one of my favorite bands) have supplied Red Sox Nation with quite a memorable anthem. I think my citizenship in the Nation is legitimate, my geographic location and dislike of the Patriots notwithstanding.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
You're still bald. And gay. And "Tessie" sucks. Now "Skinhead On The MBTA" and "Finnegan's Wake", on the other hand...

Uschi said:

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Hush, you!

2004...not a great year for the Yankees. On my birthday they tied a few records for a single game loss. And, of course, I don't have to remind anyone - particularly Yankees fans - about that year's ALCS.

So I will: greatest choke in the history of the game AND the first time a choke of that proportion ever happened in baseball.

Mo--->

I don't like you, and your momma dresses you funny.

Quote:

Is it April yet?

Not yet...not soon enough. How's that Pavano working out for you?

If he actually plays, I'll let you know!

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
half-cocked and jump ship at the slightest hint of flirtation from the salacious wench!

I like it.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Knutreturns said:

Real Red Sox fans don't have to ramble incessantly about how much they hate the Yankees, pushing forward the false stereotype that Red Sox fans are jealous of the Yankees (we just sit back quietly and let the Yankees fans babble on about 26 rings while trying to avoid the facts behind 2004). They also don't slam other Red Sox fans for their ability to pay compliments and respect where due. Just because I'm apparently the only true Red Sox fans on these boards and the only non-Yankees fan who can read these threads with a clear head shouldn't make you jealous of me. What should make you jealous is that I'm a real Red Sox fan and you're a poser who can't get behind the Cubs or White Sox for whatever reason. Beeeeeeyotch.

PS: I was in the stands for Game 3 of the 2003 ALDS near where Trot Nixon hit the game-winning home run. Then I watched as the A's choked their way through the rest of the series and whined afterwards about "obscene gestures". Fuck the A's. Buncha whiny bitches.

wow. the enemy of my enemy is my enemy?Damn dude i thought our common hatred for the yankees could unite us. Guess not. I didnt complain about that series at all (except for the A's decision to let terrence long bat the last out of game 5). But thats fine. I also agree that the Yanks suffered the worst choke job in the history of sports and cheered my ass of when the redsox won that series and the next one...all out the window now.

still....fuck the yankees.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Gah!

And you seemed so nice when you first got here...

you havent seen my nice side yet pretty lady...

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Knutreturns said:

God Bless You Mama.

Rob...when are you gonna make me a mod of this forum so I can start taking care of business?

Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Knutreturns said:
wow. the enemy of my enemy is my enemy?Damn dude i thought our common hatred for the yankees could unite us. Guess not. I didnt complain about that series at all (except for the A's decision to let terrence long bat the last out of game 5). But thats fine. I also agree that the Yanks suffered the worst choke job in the history of sports and cheered my ass of when the redsox won that series and the next one...all out the window now.

still....fuck the yankees.

Nah. We's cool. I just had to respond to Sammitch's swipe and you got caught in the crossfire. Blame Sammitch, the bastid. Try to rattle my cage...

Uschi said:

400+ posts
400+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

Brad Lee said:

Wow. Didn't think you'd so easily acknowledge that you're a bitter bitch about those hockey threads. Good on you for being able to admit it.

Quote:

You do know that the Tigers have the bragging rights this year, right?

And you do know that the ongoing magnitude of the Tigers' suckage far outweighs one decent season, right?

Quote:

Last season did happen. You are my bitch right now.

Oh dear. I hit a nerve.

I didn't realize that someone so self-righteous could stoop to such language!

So, "I'm your bitch" because I hurt your feelings about your hockey threads, or because you have to admit that the Tigers had only one decent season after being the biggest fucking joke for years on end? (Remember 2003? Oh, and "go Randy!" and even after he was fired they still continued to royally suck!) Jesus, Brad, it was about fucking time they did something right. Yet, you didn't see me raggin' on them for their win, did you? No. I come into a Yankees' thread to joke around and cheer for my boys, and people come in here to bitch and moan about them - and that's ok, because for the most part its all in good fun - friendly rivalry and all that - and because at the end of the day the Yankees are legend - and everyone is jealous of a legend - especially whiney, sanctimonious creatures like yourself.

Oh, and how many times have the Tigers actually won the Series?

Yeah, I thought so.

But you go on and milk that win for as long as you can, honey.

I make you waste your time on crap. I win again!

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
That's the best you could come up with?

But when your team sucks as badly as yours does, I guess there's nothin you can say.

400+ posts
400+ posts
The more you say, the more I win.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard