Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Real Red Sox fans don't have to ramble incessantly about how much they hate the Yankees, pushing forward the false stereotype that Red Sox fans are jealous of the Yankees (we just sit back quietly and let the Yankees fans babble on about 26 rings while trying to avoid the facts behind 2004).

Disliking a team doesn't require envy of that team. Similarly, envying someone doesn't always equate to hating someone - just look at Jealous Rob and PJP. I talk about hating the Yankees because, well, it's fun, and it just so happens that I don't especially like the team.

Quote:

They also don't slam other Red Sox fans for their ability to pay compliments and respect where due.

All of us ogle the one solitary photo of Harley, and all of us descend to shameless lechery and fall over each other in a desperate hopeless quest to grasp those delightful boobies and that succulent ass, but that doesn't mean we go off half-cocked and jump ship at the slightest hint of flirtation from the salacious wench!

Quote:

Just because I'm apparently the only true Red Sox fans on these boards and the only non-Yankees fan who can read these threads with a clear head shouldn't make you jealous of me. What should make you jealous is that I'm a real Red Sox fan and you're a poser who can't get behind the Cubs or White Sox for whatever reason. Beeeeeeyotch.

I didn't get behind the Cubs or Sox because I'm not from Chicago. I didn't get behind the Indians because as a native of Cleveland, I know that hometown pride here brings nothing but depression. I starting liking Boston a short while after my favorite ballplayer (Manny) was traded there. Since that time (coincidence?) the team has played at an outstanding level and given me a number of new reasons to support them. And the Dropkick Murphys (one of my favorite bands) have supplied Red Sox Nation with quite a memorable anthem. I think my citizenship in the Nation is legitimate, my geographic location and dislike of the Patriots notwithstanding.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ