Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
people can boo or cheer barry bonds all they want this year, and his legacy or disgrace will march on for yeras and years. ... 8 or 9 of them. cuz, major catastrophes aside (jinxes beware!), arod will be rounding the bases on his 800th homer before 2015.

Bonds Views Arod as the Future
By Tim Brown, Yahoo! Sports

The single-season home-run record has been Barry Bonds' for nearly six years. And what glorious years they've been. The career home-run record should be his in weeks, an event for which the commissioner and the standing home-run king might have other plans. Things come up.

While these are fine and hallowed records, and presumably mean something to him in the ways of work and reward and whatever else, Bonds said Tuesday that Alex Rodriguez can have them both. "I would be ecstatic," he said. "It wouldn't bother me one bit."

As for where that would leave him, Bonds laughed. "I'm happy with me," he said.

Bonds, at 42, has been on a decent enough pace – six home runs, five since April 13 – to stand at 740 career home runs, an inevitable 15 behind Hank Aaron. But, it is Rodriguez who has taken April with an astonishing 14 home runs, again raising the possibility that Bonds will hold the career record for as long as it takes Rodriguez to get there.

Rodriguez, 31, has 478 career home runs. Bonds, at about the same age, had 298.

i knew it was lopsided, but holy fuck, thats 200 "missing" home runs.

the article continues...

Bonds arrived here on Tuesday for the opener of a three-game set with the Los Angeles Dodgers. He went 0-for-2 with two walks in a 5-3 victory – the Giants' sixth straight. It is still ugly for him at Chavez Ravine, assuming he notices, assuming he cares. Part of it is the San Francisco Giants uniform, of course, and the other part, well, you know. The people chant things, toss cartoonish steroid bottles onto the warning track behind him, boo, all part of a traveling show for which only the faces change.

bwah hahahaha

giant picture