Originally Posted By: PJP
THE COUNTDOWN TO 95 WINS

3 games ago I was looking at the Yankees record and they were 50-46. I said to myself, "if they win 95 games at the end of the year they will put themselves in a good position to win the wild card or division. So that means they have to go 45-21 the rest of the way."

Well now 3 wins later they are 53-46 and have to go 42-21(not so hard) the rest of they way. Basically they can't lose more than 21 games or it will probably be over. But seeing how they are playing so well and getting very healthy it seems like a very real possibilty. I'm excited....we'll see.
Yanks lost tonight to scumbag Toronto and have to go 32-16 the rest of the way. Yanks are now 63-51 but Boston looks like shit.
Boston lost to Baltimore tonight and better still the Yanks beat the Indians 6-1 riding a dominant pitching performance by Phil Hughes and now the Yanks have to go 31-16 the rest of the way.
Yanks won big again against the Indians 11-2....Moose pitched great and Arod hit 2 homers while Giambi hit 1 as a pinch hitter.....Yanks need to go 30-16 the rest of the way.
Yanks swept the Indians by winning 5-3 and are now JUST 4 GAMES BEHIND BOSTON!!!!! Pettite pitched great and Mariano looked good too plus Giambi homered for the second day in a row in just his second game back! Yanks need to go 29-16 the rest of the way.
Yanks won yesterday but lost today to baltimore and need to go 28-15 the rest of the way.
Yanks lost wed and thurs but won last night and need to go 27-13 the rest of the way.