Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Yeah it was a Two Morrows book. I believe there is another JSA one coming out soon that covers the All Star Squadron & Infinity Inc. stuff btw.

Thanks, M E M.

I hope it didn't look like I was implying that Grell was facing resistence from Levitz on the race stuff. Grell was vague in the interview & the [Tyroc] stuff he talked about all happened before Levitz came on board.

Not at all. I got the impression you meant at the editorial level, from DC. And Levitz was just a freelance writer and editorial assistant at that point (1976), a grunt in the DC army. Even among DC management, I think it was more about what they thought would or wouldn't sell, or what they thought would thin readership, that made them resistant to minority characters in those days.

I remember being dissapointed at first with the new Invisible Kid. It just seemed like a lame power for the 30th century. Levitz used him to good effect though & I had the impression that he was a favorite along with the White Witch & Element Lad.

Yeah, I was unsure of him myself, but Jacques Foccart grew on me, and developed nicely during the Darkness Saga (290-294) and especially in issues 298-299.

I also liked the developments with Chameleon Boy, Timberwolf and Blok, Colossal Boy and Shrinking Violet (from 287-305). Plus other developments in those issues with Braniac 5 and Supergirl, Cosmic Boy and Night Girl (especially 296-297), and others. There was character development, mixed with a lot of playful humor.