he had ten days, starting today, to make his decision (or at least make his decision known) and chose literally the middle of the final world series game to announce it.

pure class, that arod.

its honestly sucha damn shame. he's the most talented player in the sport, and he just goes out of his way to annoy people.

if you didn't know, a day prior to the announcement, yanks floated the rumor of offering a 5+ year, $25-30 million extention to his contract. that'd keep him in a single uniform for like 10 more years, plus give him brazillions of dollars, and keep him on a competing team. ...thats sorta what every player wants.

and, especially in this case, "every player" should include arod, as all this year he made it especially known how much he loves new york, and that he's building a house nearby and all that stuff.

if y'dont wanna stay in new york, thats cool boyo. but don't be phoney about it.

personally, i've never liked him. respect his skills like a mother fucker (assuming mother fuckers respect great baseball skill sets), but never liked him. he just strikes me as a guy completely void of heart. like he's got all the talent in the world, but then just coasts on it. i wouldn't have minded having him stay around, as he'll likely shatter the bonds/aaron record in a few more years and the yanks could get that back in their name. but, other than that, i'll shed no tears.

i think its in the yanks best interest to note this, and all of last year, and learn from it. stop trying to piece meal a team of freelancers, and use this opportunity to build. 15 some-odd rookies went through the ranks last year did fantastic -- thats the direction to strive for.

giant picture