Originally Posted By: THE Bastard
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
 Originally Posted By: PJP
Wow.

For a guy who's team just won the Series you sure sound bitter. First off you can sign a player without the agent being involved....in fact the Braves did it with Andruw Jones when they told him to leave Boras at home.

Secondly.....Gagne.

You have no right to criticize anyone after that move.

Not at all. It's just depressing to me that the Yankees went from making a very bold, courageous move to back-pedaling and looking like a bunch of pussies. If they really wanted to show some balls they'd either tell A-Rod "Thanks, but no thanks" or (if they absolutely needed to have him) have offered him a contract for a yearly rate of $20 Million, just to show him and Boras who had the power. I guess I overestimated them, shame on me.

Much as I hate da sawx and anything or anyone associated with them, I must agree with this statement.

A-Rod is arguably the best position player in the game and he will be for probably the next 5 to 7 years.

That said...WE ARE THE FUCKING NEW YORK YANKESS!!!!! We are the baseball. Hell, we are bigger than baseball. And we are damn sure bigger than a-fuckin-fraud.

The Babe.
Gehrig.
The Mick.
Yogi.
Joe D.
Reggie.
Goose.
Catfish.
Donnie Ballgame.
Jeter.
Even Bucky Fuckin' Dent.

The list is damn near endless.
Does we need him or does he need us?
Who else could pay him the coin? I mean REALLY?
WE had him with his ass bent and we still gave him what he wanted.

His ego needs for him to be the highest paid player. Didn't mean we had to make it so. Offer his punk ass $15M/year and see if he REALLY wants to be a Yankee. Add an escalator to his contract that says if you win the MVP in the same year that the team wins the World Series, your contract immmediately balloons to $30M/year. It could even be made retroactive to past years on the deal. That way you might one day do something in the playoffs.

WE need pitching, not this fuckin' prick.

Yeah....fire Torre and pay a-rod. That's how you win The Series.

Yanks are still my squad but, Goerge needs to give it up if he signed off on this shit.

I agree with everything Bastie just said.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi