Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
so, basically... i read most of the stuff here and i think i got the idea of what went down. beardguy posts, uschi mods, cj mods, worlds (writers block and deep thoughts, i guess) collide, rex hates everyone. mixed in were various opinions, spam, and other such stuff. more or less, right?

The first I heard of anything was when Beardguy PMed me about Uschi putting all these pictures in his story thread. I go to check it out, and there's an entire page worth of the same picture. I deleted them and messaged Beardguy and Uschi that I had deleted them.

Quote:
my feeling is that modding stuff is bad. i know there are "moderators" and that is inherently confusing if i then say moderating is bad, but... whatever. ill stand by it. i don't mind so much if a mod goes through and starts discussions or splits topics into two topics if they're different enough and warrant it or stickies (tee hee!) topics or whatever. yer basic stuff.

Damn right you got me confused. Why give us the option of deleting a thread? It's like giving Grimm your bottle of beer and expecting him to just give it back to you later.

I wasn't aware of any Mod's Code around this place.

Quote:
going further than that to edit someone else's posts or deleting stuff or whatever... its a slippery slope, and i'd just rather that didn't happen at all.

You call it a slippery slope, I think it could be considered housecleaning.

Quote:
rex, you're allowed to hate beardguy; beardguy you're allowed to hate rex. uschi, you can hate either or both. everyones allowed to post what they want, everyone's allowed to hate one anothers posts. and thats more or less it.

Yeah...I wasn't aware of any drama between all these parties...probably because I don't hang out in the Random Junk forum that much. And you're right, everyone can hate everyone else. I really don't care. This was not a case of me siding with Beardguy or against Uschi. This was me hearing a complaint about one user posting non-story material in another user's story thread.

"You're either lying or stupid."
"I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"
Megatron and Starscream