i thought he was a muslim, bsams. at least that was what you were saying last week.
 Quote:
"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations," Obama said.

what exactly is wrong with this quote? can you honestly say that small communities don't develop antipathy towards outsiders? do you honestly think that there is no aspect of xenophobia in the recent anti-immigrant sentiment? the same type of anti-outsidersentiment that pops up during every hard time in the history of humanity? what exactly is the problem with what obama said? to me it sounds honest, more honest than anything i have heard from a politician in a long time. it's not a soundbyte trying to blow smoke up someone's ass, and it's not like the candid moments from bush where he sounds like a hick. obama expressed a very real and valid opinion, and it sounds more like frustration that this type of bitterness exists. quite frankly it sounds like he actually cares.

Bow ties are coool.