Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 137 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 136 137
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
my computer's broken

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
oh hey, what's with this old lady chillin' with the Doctor? I mean, she's not THAT old, but she reminds me of my mom when I was 10. Plus she's a whiny cunt.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Uschi
oh hey, what's with this old lady chillin' with the Doctor? I mean, she's not THAT old, but she reminds me of my mom when I was 10. Plus she's a whiny cunt.

She's just a different flavor, is all. Donna is cool. She doesn't fall for The Doctor like most of the others do. She's just in it for the adventure.

Have you seen any of the 2005 season with the previous Doctor (Christopher Eccleston)? You should really start there if you have the opportunity to do so. Damn good stuff.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I caught the end of last nights episode, and Catherine Tate showed once again why I have avoided this series.
She is fucking awful!

And she looks like a horses cunt!

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: Uschi

She's just a different flavor, is all. Donna is cool. She doesn't fall for The Doctor like most of the others do. She's just in it for the adventure.

Have you seen any of the 2005 season with the previous Doctor (Christopher Eccleston)? You should really start there if you have the opportunity to do so. Damn good stuff.

I'm DVRing anything playing on SciFichannel. So I'm getting Tennant current and old ep.s every Friday.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Well, if you ever get the chance to rent or download the 9th Doctor...

...do yourself a favor and check it out. It's a lot tighter than some of the current stuff that's been out.

But, if you're just asking about Donna Noble (Catherine Tate)...

...she first met the Doctor on her "almost" wedding day. Then, a year or two later she met up with him again, and decided to take him up on his offer to see the universe.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman

And she looks like a horses cunt!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Oh, right. And Cunty wants to fuck her, biblically, in the anal gape...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Why would I wanna fuck her in the Prometheus?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
Why wouldn't I wanna fuck her in the Prometheus?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
It's better if you actually just download the torrents. You don't have to wait two weeks for Sci-fi to air them, or have to worry about the shows being edited.

how are they edited? are they adjusted for American audiences so that they have actors dub over words like "theatre" with "theater." and whenever there are scenes with driving they flip the print so it looks like it's on the right side of the road?

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
i like Donna. she is in no way an attractive person but she has a great personality and brings some smart and funny observations to the show. she works well with Tennant.

Bow ties are coool.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
This episode displays one of the reasons I became a fan of Doctor Who. It has the ability to do any kind of story it wants. The solution to the murders was a bit weak but a lot of fun getting to it (like most murder mysteries). In all it was a good episode. Helps to make of for last week's shitfest.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
It's better if you actually just download the torrents. You don't have to wait two weeks for Sci-fi to air them, or have to worry about the shows being edited.

how are they edited? are they adjusted for American audiences so that they have actors dub over words like "theatre" with "theater." and whenever there are scenes with driving they flip the print so it looks like it's on the right side of the road?

Edited for time in order to fit in with the American run times and commercials.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

Edited for time in order to fit in with the American run times and commercials.

oh. i really like downloading the torrents because it's 5 minutes longer than most shows.

Bow ties are coool.
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
yeah getting the torrents rock, I hate watching the show on SCIFI. I like the BBC airings of them. Much more Gooder

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I usually grab it from the newsgroups. It's a faster download time.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yep. I have my online sources. I can't stomach having to watch it while the bottom half of the screen is taken up by an animated Ghost Hunters banner, or some other mindless shit. The worst the Beeb do is talk over the ending credits. Big whoop.

SciFi is not only a poor, poor network...it's very image taints the product it's trying to sell. Can't they think of better ways to spend their budget than on blatant b-movies like "Aztec Rex" and bland shows like "Eureka"?

NBC is just wasting that channel...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!

Link

• Steven Moffat to be Doctor Who Lead Writer and Executive Producer

Date: 20.05.2008
    Printable version

BBC Wales and BBC Drama has announced that BAFTA and Hugo Award-winning writer Steven Moffat will succeed Russell T Davies as Lead Writer and Executive Producer of the fifth series of Doctor Who, which will broadcast on BBC One in 2010.

Moffat has penned some of the series' most unforgettable and acclaimed episodes, including Blink, with its terrifying weeping angels, for which he was awarded the BAFTA Writer Award 2008 on Sunday 11 May.

His previous work on Doctor Who includes The Girl In The Fireplace for series two, which earned him his second Hugo Award.

His first was for the series one two-parter The Empty Child, which became famous for its terrifying refrain "Are you my mummy?"

For the current series, Moffat has written Silence In The Library, a two-parter starring Alex Kingston which transmits on 31 May and 7 June 2008 on BBC One.

Steven's career began with the landmark ITV children's drama Press Gang in 1989, for which he won his first Bafta. Coupling, the hugely popular and award-winning sitcom he created and wrote for BBC Two, began in 2000 and ran for four seasons. Jekyll, his six-part thriller starring James Nesbitt and Michelle Ryan, transmitted on BBC One last year.

Steven will continue as one of the directors on the board of Hartswood Films which produced Coupling and Jekyll, where he is also working on his new comedy Adam & Eve with wife Sue Vertue.

He has just delivered the screenplay for Tintin – the first instalment of the trilogy of films featuring the iconic Belgian comic-strip hero – to Steven Spielberg who will direct it for DreamWorks. Thomas Sangster and Andy Serkis will star.

Steven Moffat says: "My entire career has been a Secret Plan to get this job. I applied before but I got knocked back 'cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven.

"Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television. I say toughest 'cos Russell's at my window right now, pointing and laughing."

Lead Writer and Executive Producer Russell T Davies says: "It's been a delight and an honour working with Steven, and I can't wait to see where his extraordinary imagination takes the Doctor. Best of all, I get to be a viewer again, watching on a Saturday night!"

Jane Tranter, Controller, BBC Fiction, says: "Scripts and writers are at the heart of what BBC Drama is all about, and especially at the heart of Doctor Who. The past four series have been brilliantly helmed by the spectacularly talented Russell T Davies.

"As Lead Writer and Executive Producer, he has overseen the creative direction and detail of the 21st century relaunch of Doctor Who and we are delighted to have his continued presence on the specials over the next 18 months.

"But the challenge and excitement of the fifth series is now being handed to Steven Moffat. The Tardis couldn't be in safer hands. Steven's talents on both Doctor Who and beyond are well known. He is a writer of glittering brilliance, comedy and depth, with an extraordinary imagination and a unique voice.

"Steven has a wonderful mix of being a committed Doctor Who fan and a true artist, and his plans for the next series are totally thrilling."

The announcement follows the news that Piers Wenger will take over the role of Executive Producer from Julie Gardner on series five of Doctor Who.

Piers Wenger says: "The challenge of taking Doctor Who to a new future is a huge and thrilling one and BBC Wales is blessed to have someone with Steven's extraordinary talent in charge.

"His imagination and creativity have already given birth to some of the series' most unforgettable monsters though in this instance no-one need fear; time, space and the future of The Doctor are safe with him."

Wenger and Moffat are already working closely together on the planning of the series.

Menna Richards, Controller, BBC Wales, says: "BBC Wales is very proud of Doctor Who's phenomenal success. Steven Moffat is an extraordinary talent and we are very much looking forward to him joining the Doctor Who team."

Series four has achieved some of the show's highest audience figures to date and forthcoming episodes feature a stellar line-up of guests including Lesley Sharp, Lindsey Coulson, Alex Kingston, Colin Salmon and Michael Brandon.

Doctor Who will return in 2009 with four specials, and the full-length fifth series is currently scheduled to be broadcast on BBC One in Spring 2010.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
I'm happy for you two! No really, stoked even!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Who asked?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
So basically Jermery wants to sleep with you both.

the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Prometheus cool User Escapologist
15000+ posts Tue May 20 2008 09:29 PM Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: The Official Doctor Who thread

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the "Who's Online" obsessor
Prometheus cool User Escapologist
15000+ posts Tue May 20 2008 09:29 PM Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: The Official Doctor Who thread

This is true!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
BULLSHIT!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
finally, the show will be good again!

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
while I don't have the hate for RTD that you guys do, I am glad Moffet will be taking over. He has written the best episodes each season, the episodes that got me hooked on the show so the idea of him running things is great.

Bow ties are coool.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Maybe we will get lucky, and he will kill Tate!

100+ posts
100+ posts

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16559

Quote:
THE SANDS OF TIME

I understand that Neil Gaiman has been approached to write for the popular TV series "Doctor Who," for broadcast in 2010.

So what's going on here? Let's find out.

THE MAN WITH TWO HEARTS

Well we all know Russell T Davies is leaving "Doctor Who" after next year’s four episode non-season.

My wife will tell anyone who listens that when Eve was born three years ago, she wasn’t sure what I was more excited about, her birth or "Doctor Who" coming back. I think that's a little unfair, but I do remember watching "Father's Day" with Eve in my arms blubbing like a baby. And now we all watch it together.

Not only did Russell bring back one of my fondest childhood memories, but he turned it into the country’s prime television icon. More people in the UK are exposed to science-fiction through modern "Doctor Who" than everything else put together. It’s a social phenomenon in a multi-channel, online splintered world.

The online geekish criticism Russell gets for his work seems so minor compared to his huge and continuing achievements with the series. Complaints about deus ex machinas, power of love ending, discarded plot points, and out of kilter humour seem like pointing out that Mohammed Ali had a pimple during his big fight. They mean nothing compared to the pure joy, excitement, the spread of genuine subversive ideas under a cosy blanket while simultaneously binding the family unit for a shared experience. And doing it all with bloody Doctor Who as well.

It’s quite possible he’s actually helped reduce violence, and increase social cohesion in the country as a whole with this silly, brave, wonderful television show.

Thank you Russell. We’ll miss you. Please keep writing episodes.

ONE LIFE FURNISHED IN EARLY MOFFAT

So, what does Steven Moffat showrunning "Doctor Who" mean (apart from giving old LITG columns a Google lift)?

Well, we all know his "Doctor Who" work " "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances," "The Girl In The Fireplace" and "Blink." Some of us also know "The Curse Of Fatal Death," "Timecrash" and "Continuity Errors." If you like early "Buffy," "Veronica Mars" and early "Smallville," then "Press Gang" will knock your socks off. Along with "Hitchhikers" and "The Goons." "Press Gang" made me want to write in the first place, managed to make sex symbols out of Julia Sawalha and Dexter Fletcher and given its time slot, probably pushed the boundaries more than Russell T Davies’ "Queer As Folk" did. One episode may have had the "honour" of being swiped by Alan Moore for "WildCATS" while abother featured a Colonel X character seemingly drawn straight from Jon Pertwee's Doctor.

Steven went on to write "Joking Apart," the absolutely perfect sitcom farce, and "Coupling" which seemed to try and top each episode for impossible swallowing-its-own-tail structures, reaching a pinnacle with "Remember Me," as well as a character who ran a comics-and-sci-fi shop. And then there was the genuine fear and invention of "Jekyll." Still gives me chills that one.

Steven is also writing the upcoming "Tintin" screenplays, a new sitcom called "Adam And Eve" and there is still talk of his Bruce Willis-less movie "Me Again" and a revival of "Press Gang" with the original cast.

As for "Doctor Who?" Well, some people see Steven as transforming Doctor Who into something very different. That’s not true, Steven has been a cheerleader for Russell’s work on the project from Day One and will continue in that vein. Indeed, he may well fight aganst what is expected of him. But odds are we’ll get some more fun time travel stories out of it, maybe a slight tweak towards intricate structure, and some interesting geek-friendly names.

Such as the rumour running around my BBC sources that Neil Gaiman being approached to write an episode for 2010. That would be this Neil Gaiman, comic author, fantasy novelist, screenwriter, poet and writer of the Duran Duran Biography 1985. With possibly the most non-committal non-confirmation I’ve ever read. And I’ve read the responses of current Labour ministers.

In fact when I asked Neil if he’d care to comment, he pleaded the Francis saying, "You may very well think that, but I could not possibly comment."

I do very well think that. I do.

Of course, nothing will actually have been commissioned by the BBC at this stage, and there's many a slip 'twixt cup and prosthetic lip, but it's looking good.

So who else? I hear mention that Rob Shearman, who wrote "Dalek" for the Christopher Eccleston season and reportedly had a parting of ways with Davies, has been approached to return to the series.

The one question I really want answered is, as a straight man, will Steven pursue a lesbian agenda on the show?

And as for a new Doctor in a few years time… Dexter Fletcher? Robert Bathurst? Richard Coyle? James Nesbitt? Gina Bellman?? Explore the Moffatverse yourself...

And you know, it was Steven who requested that Jenny survive at the end of "The Doctor’s Daughter," so…

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
I dunno, I still like Martha. She's spunky!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Martha is hotness. And spunky!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
Martha is hotness. And spunky!