Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 137 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 136 137
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Does that mean that someone else is going to do it, and then send Pro the pictures?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
you mean that Pro isn't a hacker? I don't believe it!

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16
Pro: That is actually where and when I started.

Sweet! My number one man-crush is Chris Eccleston. After close to thirty years of watching Doctor Who, he's the closest I've ever seen come to dethroning the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker). Love me some Number 9...

10 can out act them both in comedy and drama.

Bow ties are coool.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

Ashley, whenever you get confused about the show, simply post your questions here and I will answer them for you...

I would just like to clarify that he said this show, referring to Doctor Who. He is in no way encouraging you to ask him about anything that confuses you. I don't think robs boards could handle that many posts.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Compared to Kwink's techical savvy, Pro could hack the CIA.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Does that mean that someone else is going to do it, and then send Pro the pictures?

As long as I get the pics...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
And that is when the secret is revealed that Harley is just one of Robs alts!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

Sweet! My number one man-crush is Chris Eccleston. After close to thirty years of watching Doctor Who, he's the closest I've ever seen come to dethroning the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker). Love me some Number 9...

You're utterly mad. I mean, slapstick? Maybe Tennant has the lead there. But, no one can wield the subtle "alien" wit like THE Baker. And drama? The gravitas Eccles brings to the role is like a fucking Black Hole; the man's intensity is second-to-none...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Uschi
Compared to Kwink's techical savvy, Pro could hack the CIA.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

You're utterly mad. I mean, slapstick? Maybe Tennant has the lead there. But, no one can wield the subtle "alien" wit like THE Baker. And drama? The gravitas Eccles brings to the role is like a fucking Black Hole; the man's intensity is second-to-none...

Eccleston and Baker were both great, but Tennant is better. Baker seemed to be playing himself (though he is himself a great character so it worked) and Eccleston was just moody and goofy. Tennant is more versatile then both of them though. You don't even have to go back farther than this last episode to see that.

Bow ties are coool.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Tennant is easily a better actor than both Baker and Eccleston, but he certainly isnt a better Doctor than Baker (although he wipes the floor with Ecclestons Northerness).

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
and besides Eccleston ditched out on the series after the first year so I don't think he should even qualify when comparing performances. He came in when fans would be eager for new Who and when everything seemed fresh. He got the easy job of introducing the elements of the show and then left. If he had maintained for even a second season you can make an argument for him but only 1 year? It's like comparing a sprinter to a cross country runner. It's easier to put everything into one short job but it is much harder to keep the level of the performance over years (and Baker deserves credit for going 7 years).

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Well, I see who your man-crush is on.

THE Baker is legendary. Epic, even. There is no comparison. And Tennant is far too frantic all the time for me to be able to really take his Doctor that seriously. He's playing a hodge-podge caricature of many previous incarnations, whereas Eccles created something wholly original with the part. And you can't judge a performance by length of stay. Christopher Eccleston had the struggle of re-introducing this bizarre, eccentric character to the entirely new audience of the twenty-first century, make it work, and make it the number one television show of the year. Yes, Tennant had to run with the ball...but, Chris created the ball. He's the one that put asses in the seats. He's the one that built the core audience. And he did all of that in a single season. That's fucking impressive. Heathen.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Well, I see who your man-crush is on.

i was looking for a funny one and then google showed me these 4 and i just couldn't post only one.
your Eccleston pictures, however, aren't funny. In fact they seem a bit gay.

Quote:
THE Baker is legendary. Epic, even. There is no comparison.

I'm just not really a fan of Colin Baker's work on the show and have to disagree with you.
 Quote:
And Tennant is far too frantic all the time for me to be able to really take his Doctor that seriously.

I think Tennant's performance is very layered. He always carries a certain sadness under the surface of his performance. I think his being frantic is him throwing himself into the exploration and the mystery, distracting himself from the lonliness and guilt he feels.

Quote:
He's playing a hodge-podge caricature of many previous incarnations, whereas Eccles created something wholly original with the part.

but shouldn't the Doctor have parts of past incarnations? The whole point of regeneration isn't starting over from scratch. Tennant may have attributes of past Doctors but he is also still very unique.

Quote:
And you can't judge a performance by length of stay. Christopher Eccleston had the struggle of re-introducing this bizarre, eccentric character to the entirely new audience of the twenty-first century, make it work, and make it the number one television show of the year.

No. He took an acting job that he thought would be interesting and then left the show before the first episode premiered. I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, I like his episodes, he's the first Doctor I really watched (not counting the 1996 movie). And you can judge quality based on quantity. It's easier to do quality in 13 episodes than it is to maintain quality for the 40 or so that Tennant has done.

Quote:
Yes, Tennant had to run with the ball...but, Chris created the ball. He's the one that put asses in the seats. He's the one that built the core audience. And he did all of that in a single season. That's fucking impressive. Heathen.

Technically Davies "created" the ball. Just to be fair he ran the show and shaped what it is for better or worse. And I do like Eccleston, again he is the first Doctor I saw. But Tennant's a better actor. Look at their other roles. I've seen them in a few other things and Tennant is always different whereas Eccleston seems to be the same basic character. Maybe it's just me but I consider a good actor to be someone who has more than one way of acting. Again, maybe that's just me.

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
i was looking for a funny one and then google showed me these 4 and i just couldn't post only one.

Mine just showcase the fire and intensity that Eccles brings to any moment. Meanwhile you're giving me David Tennant in drag. Who's The Gay now, eh? Eh? EH?!

Quote:
I'm just not really a fan of Colin Baker's work on the show and have to disagree with you.

.....I just threw-up a little blood in my mouth.....

Quote:
I think Tennant's performance is very layered. He always carries a certain sadness under the surface of his performance. I think his being frantic is him throwing himself into the exploration and the mystery, distracting himself from the lonliness and guilt he feels.

Whereas, I think he wears his emotions on his sleeve, and makes his "sadness" far too contrived and obvious. The Ninth Doctor had a core of survivor's guilt that was far more volatile and believable than Tennant getting teary-eyes for the seventeenth time...

Quote:
but shouldn't the Doctor have parts of past incarnations? The whole point of regeneration isn't starting over from scratch. Tennant may have attributes of past Doctors but he is also still very unique.

Not saying Tennant isn't unique, or that I don't like him. I'm just saying that the 9th Doctor gave us new facets of the Doctor not seen before. Tennant is giving us re-interpretations of previously seen facets of his character. Both are fine. But, in the end, I prefer the originality of Number 9's pain, over Number 10's mourning.

Quote:
No. He took an acting job that he thought would be interesting and then left the show before the first episode premiered.

And then Tennant jumped on the coat-tails of the fame Eccles created and rode it on. The fact remains, Eccles made the show what it is: Successful.

Quote:
I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, I like his episodes, he's the first Doctor I really watched (not counting the 1996 movie). And you can judge quality based on quantity. It's easier to do quality in 13 episodes than it is to maintain quality for the 40 or so that Tennant has done.

So, thirteen chance to get it right, versus 40+ chance to get it right? Looks like Eccles had the harder job, and in comparison, was much more successful at it.

Quote:
Technically Davies "created" the ball.

No, "technically" Sydney Newman, Verity Lambert, and William Hartnell created the ball. Atheist.

Quote:
Just to be fair he ran the show and shaped what it is for better or worse. And I do like Eccleston, again he is the first Doctor I saw. But Tennant's a better actor. Look at their other roles. I've seen them in a few other things and Tennant is always different whereas Eccleston seems to be the same basic character. Maybe it's just me but I consider a good actor to be someone who has more than one way of acting. Again, maybe that's just me.

All I see is Tennant being zany as The Doctor, Tennant being zany as that guy in Harry Potter, Tennant being zany as Casanova, etc., etc.

You need to read the Bible, young man. This kind of satan-talk will get you nowhere...

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
49 is not 50 Memphis!

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Mine just showcase the fire and intensity that Eccles brings to any moment. Meanwhile you're giving me David Tennant in drag. Who's The Gay now, eh? Eh? EH?!

drag is funny, and it along with the others show a willingness to be funny and throw himself into any role, the mark of a good actor.
I wasn't, however, showcasing the fire and intensity of any man. because that sounds gay.
prometheus of legend stole fire from the gods and gave it to man. prometheus of the rkmbs is also flaming and what you give man i don't want to know.

not that i'm judging.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Quote:
No. He took an acting job that he thought would be interesting and then left the show before the first episode premiered.

And then Tennant jumped on the coat-tails of the fame Eccles created and rode it on. The fact remains, Eccles made the show what it is: Successful.

Eccles didn't create the fame of Doctor Who. And I think Tennant's run has been a bigger success overall.

Quote:
So, thirteen chance to get it right, versus 40+ chance to get it right? Looks like Eccles had the harder job, and in comparison, was much more successful at it.

and that would be a great point if i had said Tennant had more great episodes overall, but I'm talking about maintaining a level of quality for years.

Quote:
No, "technically" Sydney Newman, Verity Lambert, and William Hartnell created the ball. Atheist.

but you said Eccles created the ball and Tennant ran with it. I assumed you were talking about the current series which was really created by Davies and others.
the weed of lies bears bitter fruit, you vile old hag!

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
drag is funny, and it along with the others show a willingness to be funny and throw himself into any role, the mark of a good actor.

Yes, because getting into a dress is the sign of a great actor. Beatnik.

Quote:
I wasn't, however, showcasing the fire and intensity of any man. because that sounds gay.
prometheus of legend stole fire from the gods and gave it to man. prometheus of the rkmbs is also flaming and what you give man i don't want to know.

Oh you have a lot of room to talk, "Friendly Neighborhood Ray-Man". I see you like to insinuate that you're good for neighborhoods. Friendly, are we? Friendly to small boys, perhaps. And "Ray-Man"? What are a you, a Jew?

Quote:
not that i'm judging.

But I'm sure to lose the swimsuit competition without you!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
and that would be a great point if i had said Tennant had more great episodes overall, but I'm talking about maintaining a level of quality for years.

But, I thought you said RTD was the one responsible for maintaining quality over the years?

Quote:
but you said Eccles created the ball and Tennant ran with it. I assumed you were talking about the current series which was really created by Davies and others.

I don't see the dividing line. It's all one series. There have been many directors, producers, creators, and actors over the decades, but, it's all still one series.

Quote:

Your sorcerers ways mean nothing to my uni-god mind, Rape-Man!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
get a room!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

yes to the first, no to the second.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Twix are for kids!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
silly rabbit!

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Yes, because getting into a dress is the sign of a great actor. Beatnik.

obviously you've never seen Kids in the Hall.

Quote:
 Quote:

Oh you have a lot of room to talk, "Friendly Neighborhood Ray-Man". I see you like to insinuate that you're good for neighborhoods. Friendly, are we? Friendly to small boys, perhaps. And "Ray-Man"? What are a you, a Jew?

Friendly means friendly to all. I do think it raises some questions that you are so eager to find pedophilia in so many places.
And yes Rayman is a Jewish name.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

But, I thought you said RTD was the one responsible for maintaining quality over the years?

Quote:

I don't see the dividing line. It's all one series. There have been many directors, producers, creators, and actors over the decades, but, it's all still one series.

Quote:

Your sorcerers ways mean nothing to my uni-god mind, Rape-Man!

be gone before someone drops a house on you too!

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
NooOooo!

(I capitalized that middle "o" on purpose for range and effect. Am I not the master blaster?)

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
NooOooo!

(I capitalized that middle "o" on purpose for range and effect. Am I not the master blaster?)

NooooooOOOOOooooooooo

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Huge Spoiler Images for the Season Finale. I'm not kidding.

Warning, Spoiler:

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was an odd episode. very bleak and depressing. since it's obviously just a prelude to next week I can't really form a solid opinion on the main story aspects.
The big problem I had was that Davies seemed to be contradicting his own recent stories. In the Voyage of the Damned they said the Titanic hitting London would detroy the world, not just be a massive nuke. Also the Adipose lady only started killing when the Doctor rushed the timetable. Without him their would've been just people losing weight and no one being the wiser, not the millions of deaths shown in this episode.
And Rose looked off. Her mouth or something seemed different. And since when does Bad Wolf mean the end of the universe? Bad Wolf was a clue for Rose to defeat the Daleks. Apparently the phrase "Medusa Cascade" is the archword this season, so why didn't she say that? Why bring up something from year 1 which had faded to the point of being a joke at the end of year 2 (Bad Wolf Bay).
But again, I'll wait for the next few episodes to pass final judgment.

Bow ties are coool.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was an odd episode. very bleak and depressing. since it's obviously just a prelude to next week I can't really form a solid opinion on the main story aspects.
The big problem I had was that Davies seemed to be contradicting his own recent stories. In the Voyage of the Damned they said the Titanic hitting London would detroy the world, not just be a massive nuke. Also the Adipose lady only started killing when the Doctor rushed the timetable. Without him their would've been just people losing weight and no one being the wiser, not the millions of deaths shown in this episode.
And Rose looked off. Her mouth or something seemed different. And since when does Bad Wolf mean the end of the universe? Bad Wolf was a clue for Rose to defeat the Daleks. Apparently the phrase "Medusa Cascade" is the archword this season, so why didn't she say that? Why bring up something from year 1 which had faded to the point of being a joke at the end of year 2 (Bad Wolf Bay).

Why don't you just admit you're too stupid to watch the show.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I think Rose's odd sound and mouth was due to Billie Piper trying to remember Rose's accent, while at the same time, progressing the character's mannerisms. Also, Piper herself is older, thus there would be some measurable difference than when we last saw her.

Man, next week looks fucking a-w-e-s-o-m-e! Talk about crossovers!

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex

Why don't you just admit you're too stupid to watch the show.

rex, you're out of your element.

Bow ties are coool.
Page 60 of 137 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 136 137

Link Copied to Clipboard