RKMBs
Posted By: K-nutreturns Superbad - 2007-08-21 3:55 AM
saw it yesterday. Its probably the funniest movie Ive seen all year. Go see it if you get the chance...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Superbad - 2007-08-21 4:17 AM
seriously...
Posted By: rex Re: Superbad - 2007-08-21 4:20 AM
I want to see. I'll probably wait for the second run theater.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Superbad - 2007-08-21 4:22 AM
It's gotten great reviews - might try to see it this weekend.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Superbad - 2007-08-21 4:34 AM
I wanted to see it this weekend, but the wife was in some dance recital so we couldn't go. Maybe this weekend.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Superbad - 2007-08-23 6:08 AM
Yeah, I'll be seeing this movie. The kid that played George Michael on Arrested Devlopment is just naturally hilarious...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Superbad - 2007-08-23 6:09 AM
saw it again with a friend of mine...loved it even more...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Superbad - 2007-08-25 9:51 PM
anyone?
Posted By: sneaky bunny Re: Superbad - 2007-08-26 12:31 AM
watched it last night.
might go pay to see it monday.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Superbad - 2007-08-26 6:06 AM
Looks dumb.
Not gonna see it.
Won't even rent it.
Posted By: sneaky bunny Re: Superbad - 2007-08-26 6:45 AM
lothar
is
dead
to
me
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Superbad - 2007-08-26 9:16 PM
Seriously, Lothar... it's pretty funny.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Superbad - 2007-08-26 9:49 PM
 Originally Posted By: sneaky bunny
lothar
is
dead
to
me

yeah. lothar is fucking up...
Posted By: Tobias Christopher Re: Superbad - 2007-08-27 4:45 AM
There's just something about George Micheal using the word 'fuck' that's just really hilarious.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Superbad - 2007-08-27 7:18 AM
That isn't George Michael. He is a good boy. GEORGE MICHAEL DOES NOT SPEAK LIKE THAT.
Posted By: the Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 7:48 AM
the G-man User Lawyers, Guns & Money
15000+ posts Sun Jan 13 2008 11:47 PM Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: Superbad
Posted By: the G-man Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 7:51 AM
I never got to see it in the theater but last night Mrs G and I watched it on DVD.

The movie was really funny, largely for the plot involving "McLovin" and the two cops.

The kid from Arrested Development was good. But I gotta admit: some of the things he said hit, ah, a little too close to home and my own memories of high school. \:\(
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 8:36 AM
I just couldn't see the kid saying "fuck" as much as he did, George Michael was such a nice kid. McLovin was hilarious, especially at the end when the two cops catch him at the party. Though I could have done without the nasty chick on her period. Fucking disgusting that was.
Posted By: ButterRican Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 8:39 AM
I own it. Love it.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 8:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: ButterRican
I own it. Love it.

Posted By: TK-069 Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 8:44 AM
It was OK.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 8:45 AM
you fail...
Posted By: TK-069 Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 8:47 AM
You're easily amused.

Now GRANDMA'S BOY? THAT was a movie!
Posted By: ButterRican Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 8:52 AM
"sometimes I dream to wake up in a world where everything was covered in semen"
Posted By: big_pimp_tim Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 12:02 PM
there's more green beer
Posted By: big_pimp_tim Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 12:04 PM
i liked it, i expected better though.

and i agree, the cops n mclovin were the best part by far

no, we're supposed to guide his cock, not block it
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 8:44 PM
GEORGE MICHAEL IS A NICE BOY.
Posted By: Hyrule's Handsome Hero, Link Re: Superbad - 2008-01-14 11:59 PM
Superbad, from the people who brought you The 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up. Thanks for the warning. All three movies are based on old and unoriginal plot ideas that have been done to death in movies or television for the past thirty years, except titles are all simplistic. Do yourself a favor and watch Meatballs 3, Fraternity Vacation, Screwballs, Fools Rush In, Cruel Intentions, and every third episode of Friends and Melrose Place. At least they knew what they were doing.

Next thing you know they'll make a movie called "Three Days to Live" in which someone overhears the wrong conversation and thinks someone is dying.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 12:58 AM
 Originally Posted By: TK-069
It was OK.

Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
you fail...

No, he's right. It was just ok. Sorry, Knut...
Posted By: Rob Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 1:14 AM
superbad was good. really good if you had moments of being an awkward adolescent male. especially good if you're still there.

<------

Posted By: harleykwin Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 1:27 AM
As movies about sex and awkward teenagers go, American Pie (the first one) was a bazillion times better.

And really, gob, you can't be as geeky as you were in HS - especially when your girl has the total hotness of the head cheerleader!

Posted By: PJP Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 1:32 AM
Rob learned how to use just enough rohypnol on a woman to still allow her to function in society.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 1:34 AM
Well, that explains how he managed to bag such a hotty...
Posted By: Rob Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 1:35 AM
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin
As movies about sex and awkward teenagers go, American Pie (the first one) was a bazillion times better.

meh, the only reason i didn't like american pie as much is because it was stuck in that era of "I AM SHOCKING AND THUS FUNNY" type movies, made famous by the farrelly brothers. superbad, to me, was just better written, but its all opinion.

And really, gob, you can't be as geeky as you were in HS - especially when your girl has the total hotness of the head cheerleader!

its like when the beautiful girl falls in love with the monkey in king kong, or howard the duck in ... howard the duck.

i live that adventure.

Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
Rob learned how to use just enough rohypnol on a woman to still allow her to function in society.

and sometimes not!
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 1:57 AM
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
superbad was good. really good if you had moments of being an awkward adolescent male. especially good if you're still there.

<------

yup...

superbad, to me, was just better written, but its all opinion.

double yup...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 2:17 AM

You're just saying that because most of the actors in American Pie were atypicaly pretty, just like you. The rest of us were a lot more like Jonah Hill or Michael Cera than Alysson Hannigan or Shannon Elizabeth.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 4:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

You're just saying that because most of the actors in American Pie were atypicaly pretty, just like you. The rest of us were a lot more like Jonah Hill or Michael Cera than Alysson Hannigan or Shannon Elizabeth.

I knew I liked you for a reason... ;\)

But getting back to the movies - no, American Pie really was much better than Super Bad - writing and laughs wise. I disagree with gob WRT the whole "I am shocking and thus better" thing about AP - well, about the original one anyways. I agree with him on that point WRT the sequels, though. Like he said, it's a matter of opinion and what have you.
Posted By: notwedge Re: Superbad - 2008-01-15 4:09 AM
"They said that would happen in health class." Quite possibly the most awkwardly hilarious line ever.
Posted By: rex Re: Superbad - 2008-11-07 1:30 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lucius Prometheus Vorenus
Yeah, I'll be seeing this movie. The kid that played George Michael on Arrested Devlopment is just naturally hilarious...

Saw it the other day. loved it.

Michael Cera was great in this movie. Now I want to see his other ones. The only kinda disturbing part is he looks almost exactly like one of my nephews.

The beginning of this movie was funnier than the beginning of Super Troopers.
Posted By: Rob Re: Superbad - 2008-11-07 3:25 AM

<------

rob for gob!
© RKMBs