RKMBs
Posted By: the G-man Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-19 4:28 AM
Associated Press:
  • "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" has solved the mystery of who will replace departing CBS series star William Petersen: It's Laurence Fishburne.

Fishburne, an Emmy and Tony winner, will be introduced in the ninth episode of the upcoming 10th season, the network told The Associated Press on Monday. He'll play a forensics scientist with a secret.

Fishburne is a "CSI" newcomer in more ways than one. Asked if he's a fan, he told a teleconference Monday that he was embarrassed to admit he'd never watched before he was approached by producers.

He was their top choice, said executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Naren Shankar, with a deeply intelligent approach to his work that matches the drama's spirit.

This is the first ongoing series role for the in-demand film and stage actor since, improbably enough, he played Cowboy Curtis on "Pee-wee's Playhouse" in the late 1980s. He's not stepping away from movies with "CSI," Fishburne said, but embarking on a "welcome change."
Posted By: PJP Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-19 4:38 AM
why didn't they go with Liev Schreiber I liked him in the show.
Posted By: TK-069 Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-19 4:53 AM
'Cause they killed him.

SPOILERS.
Posted By: PJP Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-19 5:04 AM
Oh yeah I do remember that.
Posted By: TK-069 Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-19 5:55 AM
Doesn't mean they can't bring him back! ...he has a TWIN!

Yeah!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-19 6:16 AM
Maybe Laurence Fishburne is Liev Schrieber's twin. His funk soul brother as it were.
Isaac Liev Schreiber (born October 4, 1967) is an American Tony Award-winning actor. He became known during the late 1990s and early 2000s, having initially appeared in several independent films, and later mainstream Hollywood films, including the Scream trilogy of horror films.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-19 3:35 PM
Wrong alt, McDoogal.
Posted By: Rob Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-20 1:03 AM
lothar is mcdoogal??
Posted By: Queenie Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-20 9:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

Fishburne, an Emmy and Tony winner, will be introduced in the ninth episode of the upcoming 10th season, the network told The Associated Press on Monday. He'll play a forensics scientist with a secret.

His secret is that he's the Candyman
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-20 10:08 PM
But does he take the sunrise and then sprinkle it with dew?
Posted By: Queenie Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-20 10:10 PM
Prolly, I'm assuming he works nights with the rest of the Vegas crew.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-20 10:12 PM
Well, if he works nights, they probably won't be able to catch Wayne Newtown's show....
Posted By: Queenie Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-20 10:13 PM
I don't know what that is.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-20 10:14 PM
Wayne Newton?!? Mr. Las Vegas Showbiz!

Danke Schoen... Darlin', Danke Schoen...
Posted By: Queenie Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-20 10:18 PM
I don't watch much teevee.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Fishburne Joins CSI Cast - 2008-08-21 1:17 AM
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf
Wayne Newton?!? Mr. Las Vegas Showbiz!

Danke Schoen... Darlin', Danke Schoen...

I actually think Wayne Newton isn't playing Vegas any more. I think he might have moved to Branson.
...as the star of CSI
  • LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Cheers" star Ted Danson is joining TV forensic drama "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", replacing departing star Laurence Fishburne, broadcaster CBS said on Wednesday.

Danson, 63, will join the hit series in September, playing the new CSI supervisor for the graveyard shift when the show returns for its 12 season.

"You can create a new character on the page, but until the perfect actor comes along and breathes life into it, it's just words," said executive producer Carol Mendelsohn. "We're very excited Ted Danson came along."

The Emmy-award winning actor, best known for his role as skirt-chasing bar owner Sam Malone on the 1980s comedy "Cheers", will also keep his role on the HBO series "Bored to Death."
That's a shame. I liked Fishburne's character.

I have a problem seeing Danson doing anything serious. I mostly just know him as Sam Malone.
© RKMBs