RKMBs
Posted By: the G-man Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-09 6:48 PM
Supposedly, Michael Caine is telling people that Johnny Depp is signed for the Riddler and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin.

Hoffman has tits so that should make Pro happy, even if Halle Berry doesn't come back as Catwoman.
Caine is talking out of his arse probably.
Probably. But according to the original article, Caine has something of a rep for giving out accurate spoilers. Allegedly, he was the guy who first starting telling people Nolan had cast Ledger as the Joker.
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-09 7:10 PM
would adding depp and/or hoffman to the film force the franchise over the shark in fans minds? casting the "hot hand" big name like depp, or whatever, sounds more like a WB decision and less like nolan decision, from what very little i know.

personally, i trust nolan to no end with the franchise. the first two movies were phenomenal, so he's earned it. you wanna cast cher as catwoman? fine. sounds odd as fuck, but i trust the guy to write it up good.
Personally, if they brought Depp aboard I would have thought they'd have him playing the Joker, on the theory that he's about the only guy (maybe Daniel Day Lewis being the other) who might be able to 'replace' Ledger and not cause a backlash.
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
Caine is talking out of his arse probably.
And Depp would suck balls as The Joker. I'd also cast Crispin Glover as The Riddler long before I'd cast Depp...
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
And Depp would suck balls as The Joker....

Based on?
hopefully Depps attempt at making his suicide seem accidental will be a little more believable....
this is Heath Ledger's bro.
And Depp would suck balls as The Joker. I'd also cast Crispin Glover as The Riddler long before I'd cast Depp...

I dont like Depp but Ledger's body of work before playing the Joker was worse. I have to think Ledger's performance was more director than actor driven...
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
I have to think Ledger's performance was more director than actor driven...

I can see that. I think it's more that he saw an opportunity as an actor with Chris Nolan. Nolan would let him get out there and be the weirdest fuck he wanted to be with the role, and wouldn't require him to play the pretty-boy hearthrob. And it worked! Like you, at no point would I have guessed Heath Ledger (of all people) would make a good Joker...
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-09 10:47 PM
The writing made the character, not the actor. He added absolutely nothing. He played a suicidal loser. That's what he was in real life. Anyone can replace him.
 Originally Posted By: rex
He added absolutely nothing. He played a suicidal loser. That's what he was in real life.

So... you plan on auditioning?
Posted By: Pariah Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-09 11:18 PM
It's kinda true though.

Just about anyone could play a charismatic bad guy. All that ir takes to make the character appealing are the acts he commits. And that is strictly writer/director driven.

The same could be said for the dude who played mullet boy in No Country For Old Men. They were ready to give that guy an Oscar for a part that required more writer and camera perspective than actual acting.
So basically what you are all saying is that any actor can play a role if you have a good director.
I'll remember that next time you are all moaning about an actor you dont like.

Pariah and Clooney springs to mind here!
Yeah, cuz you wouldn't need someone with charisma to play a charismatic character.
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-09 11:33 PM
I'm saying that ledger brought nothing to the role. The writing and directing was great but the acting was average. Just like he did with all of his other roles.
I think while Pariah has the Seal of Disapproval, Reax needs something. Something that reflects his ability to unconditionally and illogically hate anything or one that's loved by others. Maybe a 'Reax Badge of Jealousy'?
Posted By: PJP Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-09 11:40 PM
this is Heath Ledger's bro.
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-09 11:47 PM
I think while Pariah has the Seal of Disapproval, Reax needs something. Something that reflects his ability to unconditionally and illogically hate anything or one that's loved by others. Maybe a 'Reax Badge of Jealousy'?

Its bitterness. Pay attention reax!
"Brian's Badge of Bitterness" then?
So basically what you are all saying is that any actor can play a role if you have a good director.

learn to read cunt! i said that Heath Ledger never did a good job before this (or after!), so it could be a director. think of wrestling, in many eyes the lowest form of acting, you can take a guy like Ric Flair and put him in the ring with a crap guy and with his direction the guy seems like a total pro, the guy wrestles next week and is shit again!

a great director can hide a actors weakness, and focus on his strengths. may Ledger had one great part to his acting game and Nolan saw it and focused on it.

now put Brokeback Mountain back in the DVd player and piss off!
Posted By: PJP Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 12:11 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
He added absolutely nothing. He played a suicidal loser. That's what he was in real life.

So... you plan on auditioning?
As his agent I think my client would be great for the Joker role. However, he will be busy filming his next role a direct to DVD film called Sling Blade 2: The Grocery Store Bagger. It was a role that was made for him. I even had the director write in a scene with sock fucking in it.

learn to read cunt! i said that Heath Ledger never did a good job before this (or after!), so it could be a director. think of wrestling, in many eyes the lowest form of acting, you can take a guy like Ric Flair and put him in the ring with a crap guy and with his direction the guy seems like a total pro, the guy wrestles next week and is shit again!

a great director can hide a actors weakness, and focus on his strengths. may Ledger had one great part to his acting game and Nolan saw it and focused on it.

now put Brokeback Mountain back in the DVd player and piss off!

Look around the other posts here, apparently any actor could play the role.

No matter how good a director is, they cant make a truly shite actor look great.
By some peoples logic here, Nolan might as well have picked someone like Rob Kamphausen for the role, and he woulda played it exactly the same!

Theres a saying, you cant polish a turd!
Acting is very different to wrestling.
In wrestling the focus would be on Flair, in a movie the focus was on Ledger.

Oh, and from what Nolan says, a lot of the stuff Ledger did was Ledgers own ideas, and allowed him to improvise!
Hoffman as Penguin is news to Hoffman
Actor is NOT Confirmed for Third Batman Film

• Tue Sep 9, 2008 — by Robert Greenberger

The problem with smash hit films is that everyone immediately begins speculating about the sequel. After all, Hollywood is driven by success and “tent pole” films are necessary for business. Its one reason, studios stake out release dates years in advance, sometimes before there’s even a script (see Spider-Man 4).

Since the box office records shattered with The Dark Knight, everyone has been running around guessing who might be in the running for the third film from Christopher Nolan. Actors have let it be known they’re interested whether appropriate or not to the part. The merest hint news sends news around the Internet in a nanosecond.

As a result, retractions, clarifications or denunciations follow just a tad slower.

No sooner did the dust settle from the Cher-as-Catwoman nonsense, MTV began reporting that Michael Caine received Warner Bros. confirmation that the next movie in the series will offer up Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin.

Of course, Nolan insists he hasn’t thought once about the next film, preferring to concentrate on a non-Bat feature as a palette cleanser before returning to Gotham City.

Hoffman, who would be terrific in just about any part short of Catwoman, told The Stone Report that ''Some friend of mine told me he read that [rumor]", Hoffman reported from the Toronto Film Festival. "First I heard of it. I don't think so.

"I grew up a comic book fan, so I love that stuff. I love going to that stuff. I think what they're doing with that whole Batman story is really true to what that whole Batman thing has always been. It's one of the darkest origins of a super-hero, to get all nerdy and geeky on you. That character sees his parents gunned down as a young child. I remember when I was a kid reading that story, so seeing it now come to life as the dark tale that it really is as an intense, really dark, very visceral, adult tale that they're doing now, all the great work people are doing on it, of course I wouldn't say, ‘Well, no, no no.' But I don't know the reality of it, so I wouldn't say ‘yes' to you."

Marvel isn’t immune from this nonsense either as they had to quickly stomp out the word that Will Smith was being cast as Steve Rogers in the Captain America movie. Previously, rumor had it Cap would be played by Matthew McConnaughy.
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 1:21 AM
he sharted
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 1:22 AM
general question: do you think nolan wrote out a third movie in his mind whilst writing the previous films? do you think he has crafted an overall story, with an end, or at least additional chapters?
No. Next question.
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 3:01 AM
it was a question for generals, not the likes of you

then you no shite about wrestling, John Cena is the focus of his match yet he cant make a turd look great like Flair, Hulk Hogan is the focus of his matches yet he cant/wont make a turd wrestler look great. The list can go on and on. You can polish a turd and make it look great as evidenced by Ledger. His acting has always been meh.

Quote:
Oh, and from what Nolan says, a lot of the stuff Ledger did was Ledgers own ideas, and allowed him to improvise!

as if it would be great for his career to say that the performance of this dead guy was owed all to himself, it's called being gracious after a death!
Posted By: PJP Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 4:03 AM
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
general question: do you think nolan wrote out a third movie in his mind whilst writing the previous films? do you think he has crafted an overall story, with an end, or at least additional chapters?
Yup....just like George Lucas!
then you no shite about wrestling, John Cena is the focus of his match yet he cant make a turd look great like Flair, Hulk Hogan is the focus of his matches yet he cant/wont make a turd wrestler look great. The list can go on and on. You can polish a turd and make it look great as evidenced by Ledger. His acting has always been meh.

If Cena or Hogan wrestled themselves, then you'd have a point. However, as either man is in the ring with at least one other guy, I award the battle of rhetoric to Nowhereman.
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf

If Cena or Hogan wrestled themselves, then you'd have a point. However, as either man is in the ring with at least one other guy, I award the battle of rhetoric to Nowhereman.

do you just close your eyes and type now? that made no sense.
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
Yup....just like George Lucas!

Batman and the lawyer chick are really brother and sister.
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf

do you just close your eyes and type now? that made no sense.

Didn't it, bsams? Didn't it?
nope.
Keanu Reeves is a suck actor, and has been in a lot of movies. Is it because he has or hasn't found the right director?

I think he probably has a basic idea of the overview he wants to give to the Batman universe. But, judging from all practicalities at how he approaches cinema and movie franchises, I'd say he realizes it won't die with him. One would have thought, with the way he was going, that he was setting up a three-movie arc to end with 'The Dark Knight Returns'. At least that's the original feel I got to it. But, as the article above proves, who knows what he's thinking?
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 6:08 AM
it was a question for generals, not the likes of you

Yeah, but he's said time and time again (Nolan, that is) that he didn't think about anythiYeah, but Nolan has stated many times that he doesn't plan on future Bat movies when working on one. So, to reiterate what Mxy wrote, No.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 6:08 AM
sorry, window crashed, I thought I had to re-write... bah.
Keanu Reeves is a suck actor, and has been in a lot of movies. Is it because he has or hasn't found the right director?

obviously you havent seen Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

See Keanu is only good in movies where he really doesn't have a ton of dialog, or plays a stoner.
The writing made the character, not the actor. He added absolutely nothing. He played a suicidal loser. That's what he was in real life. Anyone can replace him.

The writing made the character, but the actor made the performance. By your logic Adam Sandler could be the Joker. I highly doubt he's got the acting ability to completely immerse himself in the role like Ledger did.
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 7:35 AM
Ledger played himself. There's no skill in playing yourself.
That's what rex prefers to use a sock.
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 9:06 AM
That makes absolutely no sense.
I think if Nolan had planned to do DKR next he would have set the second movie a few years after the first one, when The Bat-Man is an established crimefighter that has been fighting the Joker and other bat-rogues for a while. DK, I think, still counts as a movie about Bat's beginnings. To jump from that to the end of his career would be a little abrupt.

Now, he might still do DKR next if he thinks it's a good idea, but I don't think he planned that from the beginning.
That makes absolutely no sense.

Playing yourself. Playing with yourself. Playing with socks. Being a sockfucker.
pay attention reax!
Ledger played himself. There's no skill in playing yourself.

Now you're just arguing for the attention, rex. Ledger played "himself"? As The Joker? He played himself? Really? Prove that. Show me some clips or something that gives an example of Ledger running around being a psycho like the character he played in TDK. Otherwise, you're just being illogical, reactionary, jealous and bitter about the attention he's gotten. Like you are with everyone that gets any attention...
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 6:05 PM
I already explained it. Maybe if you guys stopped feeling sorry for him because he killed himself you would get it.
 Originally Posted By: Jeremy

The writing made the character, but the actor made the performance. By your logic Adam Sandler could be the Joker. I highly doubt he's got the acting ability to completely immerse himself in the role like Ledger did.

what track record did Ledger have before this? i would hazard to guess Sandler has put together better performances than Ledger pre-Joker. Look I know how much 10 Things I Hate About You meant to you man, but honestly it wasnt that good.
rumor from TIFF has depp as the riddler.
 Originally Posted By: Black Machismo

Kamphausening in the same thread is the lowest form of Kamphausing of all.

Quote:

as if it would be great for his career to say that the performance of this dead guy was owed all to himself, it's called being gracious after a death!

I'm sorry man, but you are talking bollocks.
With Cena and Flair being in a match, they are in the match "together", Nolan and Ledger are not in the movie together.
I have seen matches where a guy like Flair or Taker or whoever has put a lesser talent over and made them look great.
I have also seen matches where even the greatest wrestlers in the world could not make someone look good.

No director can make a totally shit actor look great, because acting is all about delivery, something you obviously know shite about!

Quote:

I'm sorry man, but you are talking bollocks.
With Cena and Flair being in a match, they are in the match "together", Nolan and Ledger are not in the movie together.
I have seen matches where a guy like Flair or Taker or whoever has put a lesser talent over and made them look great.
I have also seen matches where even the greatest wrestlers in the world could not make someone look good.

No director can make a totally shit actor look great, because acting is all about delivery, something you obviously know shite about!

Again your talking out of your ass if Flair is in match with someone he is directing it, not the other guy. He does tell a guy what move will look good, what to sell ect. That's what a director does. You have yet to point to any great acting done by Ledger before or since, thus proving my point!
 Originally Posted By: Black Machismo

Don't think it'll happen. Aside from the fact that Depp's a horrible choice for that particular character, his friendship with Tim Burton would make him a poor choice to a director and studio that are trying to avoid the previous franchise. Guy Pearce has stated an interest in joining the Batman franchise based on HIS friendship with Nolan, and I think he'd be a decent (at worst) choice to play the role.

PS: Rumblings have Cher as an "older, more experienced" Catwoman. I say that's the first nail in the franchise's coffin if true.
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 9:47 PM
y'know, guys, this thread isn't that long
thats what she said!
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 9:50 PM
and she was cher
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-10 9:50 PM

heh.
I think the Catwoman rumor is just something Cher's people are spreading to keep her name in the paper. Putting aside the fact she's in her sixties now she doesn't seem like the type of actor Nolan would put in a film.

As mentioned before, Nolan seems to favor either actors who are talented newcomers (Bale, Ledger, Eckhert) or veteran character actors (Oldman, Freeman, Caine, Wilkinson), either of which will vanish into the role. Cher is neither. She's a "celebrity."

If anything, I'd see Nolan going back Carrie Ann Moss (from Nolan's "Memento" and, of course, "the Matrix" films) if he wanted an "older more experienced" actress.

heh.

the internet is funny!
the thing about the cher/catwoman rumor is I could see Nolan going that way, in small towns there is always some crazy old woman that everyone refers to as the catwoman because of her house being full of cats, and maybe he is working a origin in that way....
and lets face it, if a director can make heath ledger look good as an actor he could do the same with cher....

Just because Obama is half-black and half-white doesn't mean that he can step into every role Frank Gorshin played.
Frank Gorshin was WHITE???
and lets face it, if a director can make heath ledger look good as an actor he could do the same with cher....

He's a director, not a miracle worker.
yeah but even Cher had better acting chops than Ledger if you take out his Joker role.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-11 3:48 AM
Posted By: PJP Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-11 4:23 AM
I don't get it. Who is that guy?
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-11 4:38 AM
Chris Haaaaaansen.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-11 4:38 AM
from "To Catch A Predator." a show about pederasts.
I guess we should be glad that P didn't know who he was. Though I'm guessing most of the insurgents would have recognized him.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-11 4:45 AM
He was on the news a lot (including the show he's part of, Dateline or something) and there was an entire South Park episode about him, and he's been 1337ed on the web since inception.

I'm shocked that anyone EXCEPT pedophiles doesn't know him. Hell, I'm surprised that the pedos don't know him. Fer chrissakes, fellas!
Posted By: PJP Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-11 4:46 AM
I've seen the show twice and got a kick out of the slimeballs trying to justify why they were bringing beer for a 14 year old girl.......or why they are half naked when the host walks in and says "surprise!". It's just not something I go out of my way to watch.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-11 5:50 AM
I don't think I ever watched a whole episode. I saw pieces of a few on youtube though.
The "30 Rock" where he showed up was pretty funny.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-11 7:06 AM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Yeah, cuz you wouldn't need someone with charisma to play a charismatic character.

You don't. All you need is charismatic lines with charismatic stunts.

Generally speaking, any actor could have adopted Ledger's Joker pantomimes/accent. After that, it's the script and the director that end up giving the character any value.

Quote:

I was talking specifically about charismatic villains. That's why I referenced No Country for Old Men.

In the case of protagonists, you'd definitely need a good actor.
 Originally Posted By: Uschi
Chris Haaaaaansen.

He caught llance last year!
Posted By: PJP Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-12 2:47 AM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

You don't. All you need is charismatic lines with charismatic stunts.

Generally speaking, any actor could have adopted Ledger's Joker pantomimes/accent. After that, it's the script and the director that end up giving the character any value.

Quote:

I was talking specifically about charismatic villains. That's why I referenced No Country for Old Men.

In the case of protagonists, you'd definitely need a good actor.
I agree with both sides of the argument. But with all due respect to Ledger he created the idea to do the Joker using a pantomime voice. He wanted to sound like a ventriloquist dummy. He called Nolan a week before filming started and told him that is how he was going to portray the character and Nolan said "yeah that sounds great" and then hung up the phone and said to himself "geez I wonder if that would work".
that's just Hollywood legend because he's dead.
they say the same thing about Mr. Ed and his decision to use a pantomime horse voice.
Posted By: the Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-12 5:10 AM
Jeremy happy Moderator Hangin' out like double D's
10000+ posts Thu Sep 11 2008 10:09 PM Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors
Posted By: the Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2008-09-17 4:13 AM
Prometheus cool User Hack in Business
15000+ posts Tue Sep 16 2008 09:13 PM Viewing a list of posts
Forum: PJP's Random Chat and Insurgency Roast
Riddle Me This: Eddie Murphy as the Riddler in 'Batman 3'?

No. Fucking. Way.

You'll see Nolan bring back Halle Berry's Catwoman before you see this.
Posted By: the G-man Next Batman Movie: Megan Fox as Catwoman? - 2009-08-26 7:07 PM
The Sun: Megan Fox has signed up to play Catwoman in the next Batman movie.

I emphasize that this was reported in the Sun, which is only slightly more reliable than Media Matters and Raw Story. So take it for what it's worth.
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
The Sun: Megan Fox has signed up to play Catwoman in the next Batman movie.

I emphasize that this was reported in the Sun, which is only slightly more reliable than Media Matters and Raw Story. So take it for what it's worth.

I'm not necessarily happy about the casting, if true. But it beats the old rumor (no pun intended) of the role going to Cher.
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Megan Fox as Catwoman? - 2009-08-26 7:24 PM
I doubt its true. She's to "popular" to play that role and she can't act. Nolan wouldn't pick someone like her.
He picked Katie Holmes for the first film didnt he, so acting chops dont seem to matter.
Did he pick Katie Holmes or was she signed by the producers as part of some sort WB marketing thing to get the "Dawson's Creek" crowd?
Point is, if they could do it in the first film, they can do it in any sequel as well.
True, but it's also likely that after BB and TDK Nolan got a lot more autonomy over casting as part of his deal. Remember, at the time he made BB, he was known primarily for a couple of indie films.
If Warners want someone in the film, they will be in the film.
Of course. The only question would be how that affects Nolan's decision (and possibly Bale's) to stay on board.

I would also point out that the original discussion was "would Nolan choose to cast her" not "would WB force her on the film"
If Nolan and Bale have indeed signed, it would be very costly for them to get out of a contract based purely on Megan Fox being signed!
Not if (again hypothetically but that's all this entire conversation is) Nolan's contract gives him final casting approval and if Bale's contract guarantees that Nolan is the director.

Quote:
I would also point out that the original discussion was "would Nolan choose to cast her" not "would WB force her on the film"
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
He picked Katie Holmes for the first film didnt he, so acting chops dont seem to matter.

And I think due to the success of TDK, the studios are more likely to fuck with things than before...
Scientologists rule Hollywood.
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
Not if (again hypothetically but that's all this entire conversation is) Nolan's contract gives him final casting approval and if Bale's contract guarantees that Nolan is the director.

Quote:

But the point is, he has supposedly signed on around the same time as Megan Fox.
I am sure Warners isnt going to sign her to a contract after just signing a contract with Nolans, that contradicts what they have just done.
Just as I am sure Nolan would not have signed a contract giving him full control, if he already knows they have signed Fox.

If these contracts are real, they appear to have been signed around the same time, so either Nolan has chosen her, or he doesnt get a choice.
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän

and Heath Ledger.
Ledger was splendid in the delightful romp "Ten Things I Hate About You"!
-Snarf
Posted By: Uschi Re: Next Batman Movie: Megan Fox as Catwoman? - 2009-08-27 5:10 AM
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
Ledger was splendid in the delightful romp "Ten Things I Hate About You"! That is my most beloved movie!
-Snarf
Please people, a man died. Can't we show a little respect?
-Snarf
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Megan Fox as Catwoman? - 2009-08-27 6:19 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lucius Prometheus Vorenus
And I think due to the success of TDK, the studios are more likely to fuck with things than before...

If they kill megan fox even more people will get upset.
Posted By: PCG342 Re: Next Batman Movie: Megan Fox as Catwoman? - 2009-08-29 1:30 AM
i think the first guy meant good looking hot. is the second guy stupid?
Posted By: thedoctor Batman: Megan Fox Not Catwoman - 2009-09-01 4:48 PM
 Quote:
Megan Fox is not going to be Catwoman. Let's get that out of the way right now. When E! Online asked Fox's publicist if she really had been cast in the role, the reply was, "Megan is a huge fan of the Batman movies and of director Christopher Nolan but these discussions have not taken place."

So why were outlets worldwide reporting last week that Fox would be playing Batman's feline foe in the next movie? The original report was published in the "Gordon Smart's Bizarre" section of the British tabloid "The Sun" on the 26th. It popped up all across the Internet within hours, and it took less than a day for the studio to refute it. "It's rumor. It's not true," a source at Warner Bros. told Access Hollywood. "There is no script. There is no project to be cast in."

What's odd is that this is not the first time a patently false claim about the next Batman movie was made by the same columnist. In December, Gordon Smart reported that Eddie Murphy had been cast as the Riddler and Shia LaBeouf would play Robin. That was quickly denied by Murphy's camp. Other reports said Phillip Seymour Hoffman would play the Penguin, but he told MTV, "No one has talked to me about it ever."
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Batman: Megan Fox Not Catwoman - 2009-09-01 5:12 PM
There is no script.

Dammit, how will I be able to prejudge this movie now?
-Pariah
Nolan Confirms No Joker in Next Batman:
  • There is the ever-lurking question about villains: who will The Dark Knight tussle with this time… Could it possibly be a returning (and recast) Joker, pulling strings from Arkham, Lecter-style, Empire wonders?

“No”, says Nolan emphatically and unhesitatingly. He resists elaborating simply because, quite understandably, he says, “I just don’t feel comfortable talking about it”.
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2010-06-07 2:07 AM
Old news is so exciting!
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2010-06-07 6:50 AM
oddly enough, ledger's joker is one of the few comic book movie villains that didn't die in the movie. then he had to go and fuck it up.
I think he got confused.
It happens.
can we get it to happen to Snarf?

Only thing he's confused about right now is his gender.
Just like your mom.
Am not.
Report: Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Talks To Play The Riddler In Next Batman
The Riddler isn't even a confirmed character yet. Nolan's keeping the villain(s) secret.
Plus he can get in line with the five hundred other actors that have been 'confirmed' 'rumoured' or 'are in talks' to play The Riddler in a film that hasnt even been written yet.
I don't think Nolan has been working at all on Batman 3.

Right now it's all about Inception.
Batman Inception?
Sounds like a movie to me!
Posted By: rex Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2010-10-07 2:45 AM
The theater down the street from me announced today that they will be building an imax theater, the first one in Eugene. They're goal is to have it done by the Summer of 2012. I really hope I get the next Batman movie in it.
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2010-10-07 5:36 AM
you never learned to mind your surroundings!
rob likes batman! \:lol\:
Posted By: Rob Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2010-10-07 5:54 PM
\:-\[
First casting news for Batman 3

Quote:
It's full steam ahead for the next Batman adventure, with the confirmation that Christopher Nolan is definitely directing, and that the shoot is likely to start next April. As such, the first pieces of the casting jigsaw have been falling into place.

Christian Bale is obviously back in the title role, and many of the other names from Nolan's first two Batman films - Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman - are also more than likely to return. But the first newcomer to Nolan's Gotham City? That'd be Tom Hardy.

Deadline has reported that the actor, who appeared in Inception for Nolan, has signed up to appear in a lead role in the new film, even if we've no idea right now just what that lead role could be. The logical bet would be that he's a villain of some sorts - could he even be The Riddler? - but we await confirmation of that in due course.

Batman 3, as we seem to be calling it, is out in July 2012.
http://www.rkmbs.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1131532/gonew/1#UNREAD
Posted By: the G-man Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-01-31 12:27 AM
Robin Williams To Play Dr. Hugo Strange In Dark Knight Rises?
  • Well, this is certainly out of left field. If you were expecting the Dark Knight Rises rumors to end now that we’ve finally started getting a real cast, you apparently don’t know how the internet works. This evening the web has been aflutter with rumors that Robin Williams will play Dr. Hugo Strange. It all seems to stem from a tweet by Batman On Film, but as Caped Crusader sources go, they’re among the most trustworthy.

You may remember ages ago, Williams came within a hair of landing the coveted Joker role in Tim Burton’s Batman, but it was not to be. Still, after all those years, the longing hasn’t quite died. The comedian who’s arguably better in his dramatic roles openly said last year that he’d work on The Dark Knight Rises in a second, but up until now, his words seemed more like longing than real casting news.

I’m not completely sold. Thus far, there’s been no confirmation from Williams, the studio or Christopher Nolan; so, even as much as I trust Batman On Film, I must recommend you take this purely as a rumor for the time being. What a glorious rumor it is though. For those of you unfamiliar with Gotham, Dr. Hugo Strange is a Batman-obsessed villain psychologist with more than a few screws loose. Williams has not only won an Academy Award for playing a shrink but has also crushed all of his creepy psychopath roles in the past.

Expect the actual facts on this within a few days.
He was probably the best part of Nolan's Insomnia.
Posted By: Rob Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 8:19 AM
williams is an awesome creepy guy. would be a great fit to the nolan verse.

i don't think I've ever liked hugo strange, tho. seemed more of an annoyance than a threat, and his visual now reminds me too much of the doctor from animaniacs. i also always hate villains whose premise hangs too much on "i know who you are". ra's escapes that by never really giving a fuck about the true identity.

are there better hugo strange stories out there im missing and should read...?
Posted By: rex Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 8:28 AM
I don't think I've ever read a Hugo Strange story either. I only know him from this and the Arkham City trailer.
I have literally like 12 Batman comics, and half of those are from the Englehart/Rogers run from the 70s where Strange shows up. Great stuff. I think the trade that collects the whole thing is called Strange Apparitions.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 9:27 AM
it is. and its really good
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 10:03 AM
I like the story where he fights dormammu.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 10:04 AM
I remember being introduced to Hugo Strange in some Batman Annual from the 80's. Williams would make it work. And with Ann Hathaway as Catwoman, would round out an already awesome cast. Hope this is true. Meanwhile, I wonder who Tom Hardy is playing? Could be someone like Hush. Or, as I would prefer, someone like Deathstroke, Deadshot, or Prometheus. Wikipedia says Bane, but that's Wikipedia...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 10:58 AM
It's Bane Pro. Confirmed
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 2:48 PM
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
He was probably the best part of Nolan's Insomnia.

i fell asleep watching that.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 7:39 PM
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
It's Bane Pro. Confirmed

Booooooo!! Bane is LAME! Should have been the KGBeast or Deathstroke!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-01 8:17 PM
I have literally like 12 Batman comics, and half of those are from the Englehart/Rogers run from the 70s where Strange shows up. Great stuff. I think the trade that collects the whole thing is called Strange Apparitions.

Yeah.

Those stories are among, if not the, best Batman stories of all time. Too bad DC's been reportedly letting Kevin Smith take a huge dump on them in his latest miniseries.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-02 3:26 AM
There is always the trade....
Posted By: the G-man Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-02 4:49 AM
Smith probably keeps those in his house to wipe his huge ass with.
Posted By: rex Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-02 12:01 PM
Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Talks To Join 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to reunite with his Inception director Christopher Nolan in The Dark Knight Rises for Warner Bros. I'm not sure what role he'll play, but I'm told that he will be in the movie when Nolan starts production this spring. Gordon-Levitt will be done shooting the Rian Johnson-directed Looper with Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt by then. Gordon-Levitt has the indie Hesher coming out this spring, as well as Live With It, the Jonathan Levine-directed pic about a 27-year old who tries to overcome a cancer diagnosis. CAA-repped Gordon-Levitt established himself with indie films like Brick, the underrated Scott Frank-directed The Lookout, and the Marc Webb-directed (500) Days of Summer. Nolan keeps his films shrouded in secrecy, though he did lift the veil recently to disclose that Anne Hathaway would play Selina Kyle (Catwoman) and Gordon-Levitt's Inception co-star Tom Hardy will play Bane. What role fits Gordon-Levitt?
Posted By: Rob Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-02 8:08 PM

i just... went to a 24 hour comic shop and legally purchased detective comics 469-479, which contains the run you mentioned and hugo strange stories. it did not change my opinion (and, frankly, made me more impressed by BTAS' retelling of many of these events). at least in the comic world, hugo strange is only successful if batman first admits himself to a doctor. then, hugo's only ace is knowing batman's identity, and not, for example, telling everyone in the world or... i dunno... killing batman while he's lying there.

then the goal is to... pretend to be bruce wayne, spurn his girlfriend, and ruin his stock portfolio? boo.

granted, nolan is awesome, so i'm more than happy waiting to see what his take on the character would be. he's been goddamn spot-on re-inventing every other character to fit his world, so i'm sure (if included) he'd have similar projections for hugo "hurley" strange. at least i hope so.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 1:02 AM
\:lol\:
you like batman!
Posted By: Rob Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 2:16 AM
i bet i like the nintendo 3ds too \:\/
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 2:52 AM

and hulk hogan!

Posted By: rex Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 2:53 AM
and gay sex!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 4:57 AM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 5:53 AM
or did you?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 6:50 AM
JGL as Riddler? I could see it. But, isn't this movie getting pretty fucking crowded? Bruce, Alfred, Gordon, Catwoman, Bane, possibly Robin Williams as Hugo Strange and Joseph Gordon Levitt as (Riddler?)....
Posted By: the G-man Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 7:04 AM
My bet is that he's not the Riddler or any super-type but more likely a "civilian" supporting character, perhaps a new DA to take the place of Harvey and Rachael or a midlevel thug, ala Falcone.
Posted By: rex Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 7:20 AM
He's going to play the leader of a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 8:40 AM
He's going to play Barack Obama?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 3:28 PM
I was waiting to see who would be the first to get to that joke.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 4:59 PM
I thought about making it.

I even starting typing out "But he's not black enough to play Obama."

But the problem is this: What Obama is the leader of is-unfortunately-the U.S. So the joke only really works if you want to imply the US is a ruthless terror organization.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 5:25 PM
So the joke only really works if you want to imply the US is a ruthless terror organization.

Yes. I hate Amarikka
Posted By: the G-man Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 5:27 PM
But if you hate Amerika you'd be an Obama supporter...
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Robin Williams as Hugo Strange? - 2011-02-03 11:37 PM
lulz
Posted By: thedoctor Hathaway Confirms Catwoman in DKR? - 2011-03-01 6:28 PM
Posted By: thedoctor Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-22 12:17 AM
http://www.mania.com/gordonlevitt-confirmed-for-dark-knight-rises_article_129086.html
 Quote:
So much for more rumors on which specific role that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play in the third installment of Christopher Nolan's rebooted Batman trilogy. Mere hours after the Inception actor was confirmed as signing a deal for a part in the next film, Variety has followed up with the specific role that Levitt will be playing. And it will not be Robin, the Riddler or Deadshot as some rumors have been speculating these past few weeks.

The trade reports that insiders reveal that Josepth Gordon-Levitt will be playing Alberto Falcone, the son of Mafia chieftain Carmine Falcone, the character Tom Wilkinson played in "Batman Begins."

Alberto Falcone, who is also known as The Holiday Killer, would bring Nolan's superhero trilogy full-circle. The character fits with the helmer's stated intentions for continuity and preference to pit the Caped Crusader against "realistic" villains, as opposed to cartoonish nemeses such as Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, who Batman battled in Joel Schumacher's 1997 misfire "Batman and Robin."
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-22 7:19 AM
im down with this
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-22 8:48 AM
you sick freak!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-22 6:48 PM
http://www.mania.com/levitt-isnt-falcone-dark-knight-rises_article_129124.html
 Quote:
Even the trades and their mostly studio-provided press releases get it wrong sometimes. We're not saying this is the case in regards to Joseph Gordon-Levitt's confirmed casting for The Dark Knight Rises but Entertainment Weekly is certainly suggesting it with the role that was reportedly his. Last Friday, the trade confirmed the ongoing rumors that the Inception star would be hopping on board Chrisopher Nolan's third Batman installment and then later followed up their own story by saying that Levitt will play Alberto Falcone, the son of Mafia Boss Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) and future Holiday Killer.

Well, the latter part may not be true as of yet.

EW reports that while Levitt is indeed joining the production, he's not set just as Falcone. So let the various blogs out there (and you Maniacs) continue speculation on whether the actor would indeed play another character such as The Riddler or Deadshot in this wrap-up of Nolan's trilogy.
Posted By: Rob Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-22 6:52 PM
you sick maniac!
you sick blew it up!
Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-23 1:56 AM
I blew up and got sick.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-23 5:50 AM
I got blown with sick!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-23 6:12 AM
I got blown by Sikk!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-23 6:12 AM
No wonder Joe Mama's been trying to horn in on your wife. You've been stealing his.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Gordon-Levitt is Alberto Falcone. - 2011-03-23 6:30 AM
In flashbacks. Talia's looking more and more probable as a character.
the unnamed female could also the the love whose loss that ruined ra's' (raisins?) life, throwing him to his world of evil. t'was briefly mentioned during the oh-so-awesome training sequence from batman begins.

could parallel how one life was turned to poo with love/death, and the other was made stronger for it (after a quick chat with alfred).
No...it's talia
If all these rumors are true, this film's getting really crowded.
 Originally Posted By: Rob
the unnamed female could also the the love whose loss that ruined ra's' (raisins?) life, throwing him to his world of evil. t'was briefly mentioned during the oh-so-awesome training sequence from batman begins.

could parallel how one life was turned to poo with love/death, and the other was made stronger for it (after a quick chat with alfred).

Could be, but the big question is from whose perspective are the flashbacks in?
pariah's
Pro's
proriah's
yes
I see only the future, guys....not remember the past....please keep it straight.............even though I knew you two would fuck it up...
CONFIRMED

for next Batman movie

ROY BATTY is The Cavalier

Llance is Vandal Savage

Rob Kamphausen is Pied Piper

and later breaking news

bsams is the lead in the new Wonder Woman Series!

and rufustfirefly as the Beaver (in the new Mel Gibson film directed by Jodie Foster)
LOL!! I Pro-dict Oscar gold...
Posted By: Grimm Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2011-04-14 7:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: Franta
CONFIRMED

for next Batman movie

ROY BATTY is The Cavalier and Prometheus is his lover, Captain Stingaree!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors - 2011-04-14 7:45 PM
LOL!! I Pro-dict Oscar Goldman...
http://www.mania.com/carbonell-returns-for-dark-knight-rises_article_129557.html
 Quote:
Despite a recent production location change from Chicago to Pittsburgh for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, the fictional city of Gotham lives on and genre fans will see its top politician return in the fast-tracking third installment. Variety reports that Nestor Carbonell ("LOST", The Dark Knight) has been officially set to reprise the role of the Mayor of Gotham. The trade also reports that Diego Klattenhoff and Burn Gorman are also being eyed for supporting roles as well.
I read the other day that in the new Batman cartoon, they wanted to use Kathy Kane as Batwoman, but DC didn't let them because the character turns out to be a villain on that episode. Dini or someone said DC doesn't like it when they use their heroes as villains in other media, especially if they have their own book... I wonder if the hispanic woman cop who betrays Gordon in The Dark Knight was originally supposed to be Montoya, but DC asked Nolan to change it. She did have her own book at the time, or at least plans to launch it.
Burn Gorman? He's from TORCHWOOD. He's a shit actor and ugly as sin. Hopefully he's just being looked at as a henchman.

Also, why did they leave Chicago? Got too expensive?
I wonder if the hispanic woman cop who betrays Gordon in The Dark Knight was originally supposed to be Montoya, but DC asked Nolan to change it. She did have her own book at the time, or at least plans to launch it.

I thought it WAS Montoya! Didn't worry about the name. The fact they're using a Hispanic female of the same age, looks, position, etc., of course it's Montoya. I can't see it being a coincidence...
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-04-18 8:33 PM
I wonder if the hispanic woman cop who betrays Gordon in The Dark Knight was originally supposed to be Montoya, but DC asked Nolan to change it. She did have her own book at the time, or at least plans to launch it.

and the guy cop that betrayed gordon was also sorta bullockish.

I thought it WAS Montoya! Didn't worry about the name. The fact they're using a Hispanic female of the same age, looks, position, etc., of course it's Montoya.

they're all montoya to you, aren't they klanmetheus
I RACISTIZE ALL LATINO COPS!! CHiPs? That was Montoya! Miami Vice? Montoya in a mustache! Come on people, SEE THROUGH THE LIES!
Burn Gorman kind of looks like a cross between Bush Sr. and a chimp.
in a strictly nonracist context of course.
\:lol\: \:lol\:
http://www.mania.com/cotillard-joseph-gordonlevitt-confirmed-for-batman-3_article_129621.html
 Quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have joined the cast of The Dark Knight Rises, the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.

Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.

Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.

The film reunites the actors with Christopher Nolan, who recently directed them in the award-winning blockbuster Inception.

The director stated, "When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience. I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again."
Is Christian Bale going to be in the movie, as well?
You don't know already? I thought you watched this?
Bale's beard blocks Pro's powers.
Yeah. That's how I got suckered into watching his shitty Terminator movie...
You didn't like the Terminator movie?
Nah. It just didn't "feel" like Terminator for me. It just kind of felt like a McG grim-gritty Christian Bale movie. I thought some of it worked. But, overall, it just didn't work without Arnie in it...
...of course, I want to fuck Moon Bloodgood, you understand...
I liked it, it wasn't an Arnold Terminator for sure. But on it's own I thought it was a decent interpretation, not shitty though.
Okay, I used the word "shitty" in the wrong context. Just for the joke. It wasn't "shitty" by any means. But, it just didn't do it for me as a Terminator. That's all.
Nah. It just didn't "feel" like Terminator for me. It just kind of felt like a McG grim-gritty Christian Bale movie. I thought some of it worked. But, overall, it just didn't work without Arnie in it...

Of course, being Pro, he formed this opinion in early 1997.

Yeah....
http://www.mania.com/cotillard-joseph-gordonlevitt-confirmed-for-batman-3_article_129621.html
 Quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have joined the cast of The Dark Knight Rises, the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.

Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.

Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.

The film reunites the actors with Christopher Nolan, who recently directed them in the award-winning blockbuster Inception.

The director stated, "When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience. I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again."

shes still playing talia. spoilers
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-04-21 6:13 PM

Of course, being Pro, he formed this opinion in early 1997.

august 29th
Skynet and I go waaay back...

Thank you suggest, but good things to come.
See?
soulkeep needs to climb outta Pro's ass!
That's MISTER Skynet to you, man....
Lazarus Pit?

http://www.mania.com/first-dark-knight-rises-set-photo_article_129842.html
 Quote:
And so it officially begins for fans looking towards the final installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. Filming officially began this weekend on The Dark Knight Rises in Jodhpur, India and we already have our first set photos online courtesy of the movie's official fan page at Facebook.

One of the only bits of official information that Warner Bros. Pictures and director Nolan have revealed to the trades is that Josh Pence is set to play a young version of Ra's al Ghul in the tale, via flashbacks to some decades before the events of The Dark Knight.

These first set photos and a confirmation that the actor Pence is indeed at the India location seem to suggest that Ra's al Ghul's Lazarus Pit will be showing up in the next film. Comic readers will remember the character bathes in a mystic pool with rejuvenatory properties. We have yet to hear a confirmation whether the "green" CG background is set to become the Pit in post-production but the combination of it with Pence's involvement seem to point towards such a scenario.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-05-20 5:46 PM
http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/
Sounds a whole lot like a ceremony at a Lazarus Pit.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-05-20 8:58 PM
I think it activated several terrorists cells.
The audio leads fans to the Twitter account @thefirerises which in turn leads you to this:

WOOT!
Cue Pariah bitch post.
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Bane...black people...XBL...
oh hells yeah!
This could be good.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-09 1:51 AM
Teaser trailer will be attached to the last harry potter movie.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-12 6:16 AM
that's gonna be all bad
I'm stoked!
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-13 9:31 PM
http://perezhilton.com/2011-07-13-dark-knight-rises-teaser-trailer-leaked

Its up on the illiterate faggots straight bashing blog. The quality is bad. I'm looking for a better version.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-13 10:39 PM

Probably the best we'll see until this weekend.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-14 1:15 AM
just constantly search on youtube for "dark knight rises, today" and you'll eventually catch it.

very terrible quality, i can't really tell whats going on, who i'm looking at, or what they're saying ... and yet, awesome abounds. i abide.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-14 2:16 AM
http://www.multiupload.com/HMRM9KOHH1

Downloadable subtitled version. Visual quality not that good.
just caught the teaser. I think they're gonna break bruce. Just like in knightfall.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-18 9:04 AM
I've been hearing that something bad will happen to Batman/Bruce Wayne at the end of the movie. This is why WB wants to reboot the franchise after this one.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-18 5:13 PM
im surprised they have been allowed to promote the film like its so obviously "the end" (of nolan / bale, etc.)
I've been hearing that something bad will happen to Batman/Bruce Wayne at the end of the movie. This is why WB wants to reboot the franchise after this one.

I don't think it's gonna be at the end. More like he gets fucked up by Bane and has to come back (rise).
Also, Harry Potter is balls
Also, Harry Potter is balls

Yeah, I especially liked the scene after the credits. Where Nick Fury shows up and asks Harry to be an Avenger.
indeed
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2054374751994
yeah, bane is going to kick his ass something fierce. Maybe gordon's too
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2054374751994

That was cool.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-18 9:26 PM
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-18 9:52 PM
The guy in the white in the background reminds me of the doctors/hostages from The Dark Knight.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-19 1:12 AM
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-19 2:34 AM
Has Batman fought anyone really powerful in the movies? All I remember is him fighting low level thugs the Joker who was just cheap. I'm thinking he will fight bane early on in the movie, get his back broken or hurt in some other way and then return to save the day.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-19 3:24 AM
Has Batman fought anyone really powerful in the movies? All I remember is him fighting low level thugs the Joker who was just cheap. I'm thinking he will fight bane early on in the movie, get his back broken or hurt in some other way and then return to save the day.

other than goons, ra's has been the only true fighting competitor.
His back getting broken seems a bit too extreme for the tone of the Nolan films. Probably seriously fucked up, but not a broken back. Though it looks like Gordon may take that one for him.
His back getting broken seems a bit too extreme for the tone of the Nolan films. Probably seriously fucked up, but not a broken back. Though it looks like Gordon may take that one for him.

Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-19 7:14 AM

Whoever put that together is brilliant!
Oh, and there's something quite depressing knowing that this is the final Nolanverse Batman. I doubt we'll ever see the character and his world treated as kindly again...
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-07-19 7:56 AM
I'm glad its ending. We rarely get a good third movie and when a franchise goes over that we get jar jar binks.

I'm open to someone else taking over. WB knows how successful Nolan's movies have been and I'm sure they won't let someone else fuck up the franchise.
Yeah, because when has WB fucked up a comic book movie or franchise?

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

You forgot STEEL....
Yeah. Actually I did. And damn your eyes for reminding me it even exists.

(Also, I note you didn't point out I failed to include Halle Berry's Catwoman in the list of bungled films. Your love for that film never dies, does it?)
...well played, Gordon....well played...
but if he had added those movies, the resultant black hole of suckitude might have destroyed this whole website. or possibly even the intarwebs.
Birds of Prey
Constantine.

Yes
did they make a few more changes to the suit?
Possible,it looks more in line with the last suit in Dark Knight so if there are any changes,they don't stand out to me.
you didn't post the "tickle fight" pic? \:lol\:

For Grimm's enjoyment.
"Dancin'! Dancin'! Dancin' machine!"
Funky Cold Madina.

Look what's back!

Talia?
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-01 10:48 PM
Yup
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-01 10:48 PM
There's pics and videos of what they've shot all over the internet now.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-01 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/subaruwrxfan

The wedding stuff has nothing to do with the movie, they got married across the street and Nolan let them take pictures with the tumbler.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-01 10:52 PM

shes playing talia. spoilers
She's starring in my dreams.
Nakkid!
"Dancin'! Dancin'! Dancin' machine!"

get your funk up!

BATDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-03 1:27 AM
so, here's a fun and nutty theory. based, really, on nothing. embrace me, regardless!

nolan has clearly been a fan of picking pieces of his favorite batbooks, and filmafying them for the big screen. bits of year one, long halloween, dark knight returns, killing joke - and maybe some NML this time around.

with this being nolan's final film, and the promotional pieces already seeming to be dubbed "[this] batman's last film", is it possible we'll get a dark knight returns-type closure? there are already rumors circulating about bruce wayne's death in the third film, and teasers have depicted back-breaking bane, as well as ra's al ghul's "become more than a man - become a legend, mr. wayne" mantra...

noting the above snow-time photos, and various military police references... could bane be filling DKR superman's government lackey role? sent in to shut down the troublestarter batman, regardless of cost, in one final gotham city throwdown? where, at the conclusive finale, bruce wayne passes, but the batman legend grows enough so to have the film end with a retaliatory army of batmen from the newly rejuvenated batcave as the "dark knight rises"?
VERY cool theory!
Given Nolan's penchant for secrecy and misdirection I find it a little odd that we are seeing such well lit, potentially spoilery, shots in the first place.
Well, considering it was outside in broad daylight in a major metropolitan area, I think Nolan would of had a hard time keeping paparazzi-like pictures off the internet to begin with.
Talia...called it. It also looks like Bane is more in line with Ubu..called it.

I win.... Except I have no clue what Catwoman's role in the plot is...
Eye candy?
I think Nolan probably just wanted to use Ubu, but Ubu is a dumb name and reminds people of the end of those sitcoms...
"Sit, Ubu, sit. Good Boy!"
Michael J Fox is shaking with disgust at the previous comment. Ubu was good to him.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-05 1:27 PM
Hathaway's voice doesn't sound black enough.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-05 5:46 PM
he stole my ballooons!
There are articles about this release saying the JPG was titled "SelinaKyle" and not "Catwoman", wondering whether she'll ever be called that or not. I don't remember Dent being called "Two-Face" in TDK. I don't think Nolan goes in for the straight-out 'super-villain' names, does he? I know Crane calls himself "Scarecrow" once in BB. Ras is his name. The Joker is only called The Joker, or "The Clown". But, I don't remember there being a "Two-Face" named. So, I can totally see where they wouldn't call a cat-burglar named Selina Kyle "Catwoman". You don't arrest an art thief and call him "Art Man"...
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-05 5:58 PM
dent was called two face as a jab by cops, because they all thought he was two-faced in his internal affairs aspects. gordon and dent have two scenes in which that's used: once where dent is normal, and once where he's half crispy.

as for selina kyle, she's never once been billed as catwoman. even when hathaway was added in the cast, she's only ever been officially billed as selina kyle

Hey Rex, look into Irfanview (a freeware picture editing program). You can resize pics in less than thirty seconds. Also, I've been using Photobucket to store my online pics for about a decade now. Try it. That way, you can host your own re-sized pics, and don't have to stretch out the screen with your GIGANTIC BATMAN PICTURES. I mean, I'm using a 42-in wide-screen for a monitor, and your Batman pics are just blowing it out. I'm Ad-Blocking every one of them.

Just for your information. Have a nice day. \:\)
dent was called two face as a jab by cops, because they all thought he was two-faced in his internal affairs aspects. gordon and dent have two scenes in which that's used: once where dent is normal, and once where he's half crispy.

See, I had totally forgotten those lines. I think I originally found them cringe-worthy. Either way, fair point. Still, Nolan works these names in as side-effects or nicknames, and not "Hey this is what you should call me all the time". Except for "Batman". That's the point. I believe.

Quote:
as for selina kyle, she's never once been billed as catwoman. even when hathaway was added in the cast, she's only ever been officially billed as selina kyle

Exactly! Which is why I wonder why all these people are scrambling trying to figure out whether she'll be "Catwoman", literally.

I like her goggles, btw. Very functional.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-05 6:06 PM
See, I had totally forgotten those lines. I think I originally found them cringe-worthy. Either way, fair point. Still, Nolan works these names in as side-effects or nicknames, and not "Hey this is what you should call me all the time". Except for "Batman". That's the point. I believe.

pretty much everything in the nolan films has been ridiculously organic, which is an aspect of them i love - and quite the contrast from every other super hero film, evar. i liked the two-face lines, since the term actually exists outside of comics, so it made sense. you know, like jerry's date in the festivus episode. i also like how the fire explained why the side of harvey's face, his one hand, and half of his suit were burned - rather than the comic book explanation of his face was burned by acid, his hand felt bad and was also burned, and then he shopped for half-ruined clothing.
Hathaway's character will be referred to as "Sweet Tits."
i also like how the fire explained why the side of harvey's face, his one hand, and half of his suit were burned - rather than the comic book explanation of his face was burned by acid, his hand felt bad and was also burned, and then he shopped for half-ruined clothing.

Sometimes that's all you can find at the Goodwill.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-05 7:32 PM
"shop keep... i'm looking for a 46 long, half purple, half pinstriped striped number..."
I like it
shots of catwoman on the batpod. there's pics of Talia getting in the tumbler. Batman's letting the hot chicks steal his rides!
...chicks dig the car.
Bane/Ubu will be stealing the Bat Pole....
if you know what he means
Bane destroys a pic of Dent. Bane fucks up Gordon and maybe Bats. I think Piggie's right. Talia is using Bane to get back at Bats/Gotham for killing her father. She also inserts herself (heyoo!) into Bruce's company and private life (does she get preggers? Hurm. . .) and Selina's just there to screw everybody's plans up, because that's what she does.
\:damn\:

Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-11 7:32 AM
Its a fake.

this is the real one.
Its a fake.

Explain...
Posted By: Rob Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-11 5:27 PM
Nicely done.
I saw it on Twitter and thought it looked real enough...
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-14 8:50 AM

According to some this is what the tumbler turns into. Its either the batplane or batcopter with the blades added later.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-08-14 8:51 AM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kSUZHRF2ZJg?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

According to some this is what the tumbler turns into. Its either the batplane or batcopter with the blades added later.

Catwoman...check.
Penguin/Rubber Ducky radar....incoming.
Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-09-04 4:55 AM
The batcave

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/21671/batman-getting-a-swanky-new-batcave
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-09-04 7:28 AM
Posted By: the G-man TDKR: More Shots of Hathaway - 2011-09-26 4:31 AM
NEW Gallery of photos showing Catwoman and Batman from THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

She looks like Julie Newmar.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: TDKR: More Shots of Hathaway - 2011-09-26 3:56 PM
I actually prefer the photoshopped one.

Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: TDKR: More Shots of Hathaway - 2011-09-26 4:15 PM
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
I actually prefer the photoshopped one.

Posted By: rex Re: Mayor Batmanuel Returns for Dark Knight Rises - 2011-10-19 12:39 AM
Saw a rumor that they might use footage of people shitting on streets in new york for The Dark Knight Rises. That will be one of the few things that will make me not watch this movie.
Yes, protesters: The bane of our society. How dare people , in unison, protest against something they are against, or don't believe in.

Even if they aren't exactly sure what it is.

I think you are just jaded against the hippie types that inhabit your area of the world, Rex.
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
I think you are just jaded Rex.
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
I think you are just Rex.
I think you are just a pussy.
I think Joe Mama regrets not making the trade in the RKMB FB League...
This is the sequal I wanna see!

Posted By: the G-man Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-02 9:06 PM
Meh.

Still trust Nolan to make it work but so far I'm not usually getting the "wow, cool" vibe I got from the last films' set pics, etc.
Posted By: rex Re: Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-07 12:59 AM

Bane's forces against the GDCP. Apparently Bane had taken over Gotham and forced the GDPC underground. This is what happens when they escape.
Posted By: rex Re: Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-07 2:14 AM
A closer view

Posted By: Prometheus Re: Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-07 2:33 AM
Occupy BatStreet!
Posted By: rex Re: Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-07 2:34 AM
I didn't see anyone raping kids.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-07 3:41 AM

Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-08 8:16 AM
I didn't see anyone raping kids. That will be one of the few things that will make me not watch this movie.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-08 9:15 AM
\:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: rex Re: Bat Spaceship? - 2011-11-11 4:04 AM
http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/darkknightrises/introduction

Record the chant and your voice might be in the movie.
Posted By: Prometheus Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-21 7:18 PM
http://movies.sky.com/dark-knight-rises-is-set-8-years-after-its-predecessor
 Quote:
Thanks to the fine film hacks over at Empire, we finally have some actual news to accompany all those leaked pictures from the set of The Dark Knight Rises - and straight from the horse's mouth too.

Tellingly, the new film is set eight years after the end of The Dark Knight, when we saw our caped crusader take the blame for Two-Face's murders and fly like a fugitive into the night.

Director Christopher Nolan says of the plot: "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight. So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state.

"With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

Tom Hardy himself says of Bane: "He's brutal. Brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

The Dark Knight Rises is out in cinemas on July 20, 2012.
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-21 7:27 PM
this should be agony. i should be a mass of aching muscle — broken, spent, unable to move. and, were i an older man, i surely would... but i'm a man of 30 — of 20 again. the rain on my chest is a baptism. i'm born again.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-21 10:11 PM
this should be agony. i should be a mass of aching sphincter muscles — broken, spent, unable to move. and, were i an older man, i surely would... but i'm a man of 30 — of 20 again. the cum on my chest is a baptism. i'm born again.

Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-22 1:40 AM
shouldn't you be busy complaining about how bad this movie was?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-22 4:50 AM
Cloudy, this future is. Uncertain, I am.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-22 7:00 AM
Rob Administrator cobra kai
15000+ posts 11/21/11 10:01 PM Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: Next Batman Movie: Casting, News and Rumors
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-22 8:05 AM
All the gaydiation in the future is blocking Pro's powers.
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-28 9:27 PM
http://www.cracked.com/blog/advanced-batman-theory-why-nolan-will-kill-bruce-wayne/

Cracked says Bruce Wayne will die in Rises.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-29 6:25 AM
Good. WB wouldn't want to keep the franchise going now that it's successful and critically acclaimed.
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-29 6:45 AM
the cracked article is a guess, not a fact

though it wouldn't surprise me if he did die; there are prophetic like messages through out the first two films to indicate he might. i also think, with nolan's awesomeness, death could be the most fitting finale. certainly unique to have the hero transition in such a fashion. tho, like with millers DKR, "death" has variables.

either way, with nolan and bale (and likely others) gone after this film, continuing and remaking wouldnt be all that dissimilar
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-11-30 5:37 AM
Oh no, not another fucken re-make or re-start or whatever Sony is doing with Spider-Man.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 1:15 AM

Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 1:36 AM
Hmmm... Bane's always come off as a one note villain in the comics. Has Nolan talked about Bane and how he plans to tackle the character in this movie?
Posted By: iggy Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 1:46 AM
Don't know about his take on Bane. Interested in why Bane's holding up a pic of Dent, though. This movie is supposed to be set eight or ten years after the events of TDK. Would seem an awfully silly motivation to be like "It was Dent, retards. Batman was fucking with you!" or something like that. Pumped about a return appearance by Ra's and--maybe--a Scarecrow cameo.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 1:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite
Hmmm... Bane's always come off as a one note villain in the comics. Has Nolan talked about Bane and how he plans to tackle the character in this movie?

Nolan has mentioned Bane as a mental as well as physical match for Batman, which is what he was created as.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 1:55 AM
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Don't know about his take on Bane. Interested in why Bane's holding up a pic of Dent, though. This movie is supposed to be set eight or ten years after the events of TDK. Would seem an awfully silly motivation to be like "It was Dent, retards. Batman was fucking with you!" or something like that. Pumped about a return appearance by Ra's and--maybe--a Scarecrow cameo.

'Batman killed Dent' is probably what it's going to be about. Also, he's standing on a Tumbler (aka Batmobile).
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 1:57 AM
Its getting to the point where I want to avoid anything about the movie. I over analyzed everything about The Dark Knight and it took some of the fun out of it.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 3:32 AM

Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 9:17 PM
Maybe we'll get the Broken Bat story-arc...

... wait, doesn't that mean...

... Azrael!?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 11:22 PM

Bane's only been a one note villain when creators have written him that way. Chuck Dixon actually based the character on Doc Savage and intended for him to be (as mentioned prior) a physical and mental equal to the Bat (with Venom being his ace in the hole). Dixon, and a few other creators (Gail Simone on Secret Six most recently) have actually put thought and craft into the character and made him interesting. But many others fail to do so (including Bruce Timm and co. on TAS) and leave him as just the one note villain too many see him as. A character is only going to be as good as what the creators invest in him.

even crap Liefeld creations have become interesting characters under other creators, Cable, Deadpool, and Supreme are all proof of this.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 11:33 PM
Nolan made the Scarecrow a top notch villain. I don't doubt that he'll use the same magic for Bane. Nolan seems to have a knack for seeing the best potential in the characters he chooses and reworking them in very interesting ways. Ducard as Ra's. Hell, he even made Bruce knowing Joe Chill killed his parents an interesting twist in the creation of Batman.
Posted By: iggy Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-01 11:34 PM
Seconded. Bane was great under Dixon and Simone.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 1:08 AM
Simone and Dixon's Bane made my pee pee tickle.
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 1:32 AM
in simone russia, pee pee tickles you
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 2:23 AM

bane basically is a one note character, in the batuniverse. i haven't read the gail simone stuff, but strictly in batman's world, i've never seen him do anything intelligent. his masterminding behind knightfall was... shooting a rocket at arkham?

he's been neato in kelly jones covers, and i liked the pairing with ra's in legacy (might be some of that in rises) but i don't see any depth in the character.

nolan, on the other hand, is a god, so whomever he wants to recreate, i'm fine with giving over to him! from what i've read, nolan used very little from the comics for bane, at least regarding to his origin. sounds good to me, but schumacher could have said the same thing!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 2:30 AM
Never name the Unmentioned One again, Rob. You've been warned.
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 2:40 AM
its only bad if you say it three times in a row. i've read the handbook for the recently deceased
Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 2:58 AM
 Originally Posted By: Grimm

Bane's only been a one note villain when creators have written him that way. Chuck Dixon actually based the character on Doc Savage and intended for him to be (as mentioned prior) a physical and mental equal to the Bat (with Venom being his ace in the hole). Dixon, and a few other creators (Gail Simone on Secret Six most recently) have actually put thought and craft into the character and made him interesting. But many others fail to do so (including Bruce Timm and co. on TAS) and leave him as just the one note villain too many see him as. A character is only going to be as good as what the creators invest in him.

even crap Liefeld creations have become interesting characters under other creators, Cable, Deadpool, and Supreme are all proof of this.

I know any character can be a good one with the right creative direction behind it (which is why I was wondering what news there was about Nolan's creative take on Bane for this movie)

I never read Knightfall, but I have read a lot of Bane's appearances between the late 90's to mid 2000's (which didn't impress me much) and I haven't read many comics since just after the Sinestro Corps War (everything about comics sort of fell off for me after that) so I never read the Secret Six ongoing (just the miniseries before Bane was on the team that came out I guess maybe a year before they launched the ongoing?)

Anyway, I think I know what happened to Bane now. He was just one of those villains (like Catman, the Wrath, KGBeast, etc,) that was created to be an equal challenge to Batman, but fell off the radar after that due to poor or simply no usage.

Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 3:17 AM
I read Knightfall, and while he was sold as Batman's equal, he didn't strike me as such. Partly because he still has henchmen (Bats only has a henchboy) and the writers can't seem to think of a way to show his suposed intelligence, the strategies he comes up with are not that creative, the kind any one of us could have thought of and executed given the right resources (Break out every single heavy hitting rogue from Arkham, and have them wear Batman down?! Every single villain Batman has fought could have thought of that.)

Also, the writers who focus on his addiction to/dependence on Venom doesn't help either. They can show Bats as intelligent and cunning by focusing on the fact that he doesn't have any superhuman powers but can still kick all kinds of ass. Bane, on the other hand, gets slightly above-human abilities from the Venom.

When Bats explained why he has the Yellow Oval symbol even though it works as a big target, you go "oooh, that's very clever!"

When Bane pumps some venom into his system and breaks something (like Croc's hands), you don't get the same impression. How smart do you need to be to pump Strength Juice and then break stuff? Even reax can do that.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 4:28 AM
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
(Break out every single heavy hitting rogue from Arkham, and have them wear Batman down?! Every single villain Batman has fought could have thought of that.)

In fact, Ra's Al Ghul did, and it was the basic plot of Batman #400, back in 1986.
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 5:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
(Break out every single heavy hitting rogue from Arkham, and have them wear Batman down?! Every single villain Batman has fought could have thought of that.)

In fact, Ra's Al Ghul did, and it was the basic plot of Batman #400, back in 1986.

That was a good comic.

Since it was pre-Crisis, Batman is forgiven from not remembering it.
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 5:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Seconded. Bane was great under Dixon and Simone.

So Bane likes to be dominated, by both men and women. Good to know.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-02 5:11 PM
What did you think the mask was for?
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 12:45 AM
This was posted on twitter earlier.

When this webpage works it shows a countdown to tomorrow at noon EST.

http://www.operationearlybird.com/
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 9:01 PM
Sweet! It was a countdown to this!

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /map.html on this server.
Apache Server at http://www.operationearlybird.com Port 80

I wonder what it means?
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 9:04 PM
new trailer!!!!
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 9:06 PM
"i'd hate to see things get out of, well... i'd just hate it. give it a shot, son. your country's counting on you. "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 9:35 PM
booooo now i can't get back to the site anymore, i get the forbidden error
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 11:08 PM
dark knight rises / superman trailer now on youtube!

Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 11:14 PM
now off youtube!!!!
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 11:16 PM
aww, man. now the site works :-/
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 11:16 PM
Its free tickets to showings of the prologue that will be shown before Mission Impossible 4.
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-09 11:17 PM
And rob is gay.
Posted By: Rob Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-10 1:40 AM
i'd like to think that the last thing that went through rex's balding head, other than coming to terms with virginity, was to wonder how the hell others were seeing the exciting new footage of superman joining the dark knight rises while he was stuck, rapidly refreshing a broken link error.
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-10 1:42 AM
If you say so.
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-10 1:43 AM
I almost have more posts than rob.
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-10 1:43 AM
I could pass him right now if I wanted to.
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-10 1:44 AM
I think I'll do that.
Right now.
I may be balding but at least I'm not short.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-10 4:33 AM
Still dude...you have everything else against you.
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-10 9:34 PM
Posted By: rex Re: Dark Knight Rises - 2011-12-10 11:41 PM
© RKMBs