RKMBs
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Halloween 2015 - 2015-11-01 6:47 AM
Happy Halloween,girls!

We only had about five trick or treaters. The rest of the family went out while my oldest boy and I and I stayed home and binged watched South Park. Now everyone is here and we are playing Mexican Train. I am about to win.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Halloween 2015 - 2015-11-01 7:04 AM
In my family when you win at Mexican Train you have to climb the border wall and run like hell for Dallas or Los Angeles dodging Donald Trump all the way.
Posted By: allan1 Re: Halloween 2015 - 2015-11-03 2:58 AM
We went to a hockey game. The last few years,trick-or-treaters have dwindled to like 20 minutes of kids and then nothing.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: Halloween 2015 - 2015-11-03 6:19 PM
I usually go all-out decorating for Halloween, and enjoy handing out candy to the kids. Last year I visited and helped my mom out for Halloween for the first time in many years, decorating her house and then helping her out with candy and the trick-or-treaters. I bought a lot of candy in anticipation, and was surprised how few showed, maybe 20 or 30 groups knocking at the door over the course of the evening. It was fun, one little kid was scared of the cobwebs and graveyard I had outside, and said "Your house is scary" as I handed him his candy, with his parents standing a few yards away. I smiled and said, "Well, it's supposed to be, that's what makes it fun!"

I live in a condo, so we have zero trick or treaters here. I think the tradition is still fairly strong in residential middle class home neighborhoods.

This year I had a quiet Halloween evening at my girlfriend's condo. We watched "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" on Comcast's "On Demand" free movies, and enjoyed a few shots of Bailey's.
© RKMBs