RKMBs
Posted By: Pig Iran On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-16 8:33 PM
OK, so I'm doing one of these short Joey reviews for this piece of shite. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. Mark Waid sucks...all his new stuff sucks balls...Uschi's balls. Wally is now in charge of the Flash family...hahahahhah..actually not funny. They took a great concept and character and totally fucked him up to match some Kingdom Come bullshit. Didio has totally fucked the DC Universe. The Acuna art is also completely horrid. Thanks Mark Waid for totally fucking up my fucking favorite character....whatta shitbag.

Didn't they learn anything from Spider-Man or countless other characters made lame by Wives and kids??? I don't want fucking reality based comic books I want fucking "comic books". If I want a action movie or a family comedy I'll fucking go watch one you sick fucks.

Fuck DC in the ass.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-16 9:52 PM
soooooo....

you didnt like it...?
Posted By: Grimm Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-16 10:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
soooooo....

you didnt like it...?

John Byrne didn't write and draw it. ;\)
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-16 11:13 PM
BEHOLD!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Grimm Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-16 11:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
BEHOLD!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-16 11:35 PM
GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 12:56 AM
yeah those were pretty damn ugly...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 3:21 AM
No they weren't you are too young to have taste.......
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 3:22 AM
Pig Iran is right, they are not pretty damn ugly

They a fucking goddamn ugly...........almost as ugly as Elsia!
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 3:38 AM
NO way...you always exagerate.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 3:48 AM

no. not really...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 3:53 AM
Yeah you are.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 3:56 AM
hmmmm nope. but im sorry you feel that way...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 3:58 AM
OK..quick test...why do you love or hate or only like..any of these artists nmaming at least 4. 1 sentence that makes sense.

Alex Toth
Kurt Schaffenberger
Brent Anderson
Neal Adams
John Byrne
Walt Simonson
Curt Swan
Jim Aparo
Arthur Adams
Michael Golden
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:03 AM
wow dude. i dont give a damn about proving anything to you...

i know those names. some of there art I enjoy and some i dont. Its called different taste PI. You like Byrne. I dont. I didnt like him when i was little and i dont like it now.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:05 AM
This is a comic forum..........not the random forum.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:06 AM
um....ok...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:07 AM
Why does John Byrne's art suck? that's easy enough.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:08 AM
Piggie, he is talking about comic art, so it does belong in this forum. No offense, but Byrne's art is awful and commenting on other artists isn't gonna prove anything or change that...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:08 AM
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin
Piggie, he is talking about comic art, so it does belong in this forum. No offense, but Byrne's art is awful and commenting on other artists isn't gonna prove anything or change that...

Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:09 AM

Why do you think its good?

The reasons are all based on opinion, not fact...as with any form of art, its just a matter of one's preference...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:10 AM

Why do you think its good?

The reasons are all based on opinion, not fact...as with any form of art, its just a matter of one's preference...

and yet again...

Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:11 AM
OK....it still makes no sense to me. But I guess you guys must like Greg horn and Greg land.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:15 AM
Even if we did, what difference does that make? You made an irrelevant statement that proves nothing, Piggie...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:19 AM
If I made a statement that's irrelevant then all statements are irrelevant because they are all opinion. What is fact and what is opinion? I'm making coimic conversation...what is a review? what is any thread about ...opinion?

That is ridiculous Harley and you know it.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:20 AM
hes drunk harley dear...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:24 AM
Does that make it wrong?
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:26 AM
if we were in chat it would make it hilarious...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:27 AM
OK, who are your "current" favorite artists?
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:34 AM
PI. who the fuck cares? my taste are my own. Let it go...and for fuck sake sober up...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:37 AM
See...you can't play the game. Buh Bye.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:56 AM
 Quote:
If I made a statement that's irrelevant then all statements are irrelevant because they are all opinion.

Bullshit.

There are statements of fact, and there are statements of opinion.

Quote:
What is fact and what is opinion?

Facts can be proven. An opinion is subjective.

Quote:
That is ridiculous Harley and you know it.

No. It's not. What is ridiculous is your attempt to imply that by liking artists B and C, and disliking artist A that one has no taste. It would be just as ridiculous to imply the opposite, i.e., that your liking Byrne and not the other two artists means that you have no taste. That is ridiculous and you know it.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:07 AM
[quote=harleykwin]
 Quote:

Because we can't have a discussion if no one else gives an opinion and only I give mine to which you people dog on. I'm fine with that but if I'm the only whipping boy you people are big 'ol pussies.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:09 AM
Can't we all at least agree that Boston's "More Than A Feeling" is the greatest song ever recorded, then just go from there?

Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:09 AM
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:11 AM
Harley you haven't said shit except john byrne sucks basically. If you have anything else to say say it...the rest is mumbled by the sound of Knurkel sniffing your ass.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:12 AM
Harley you haven't said shit except john byrne sucks basically. If you have anything else to say say it...the rest is mumbled by the sound of Knurkel sniffing your ass.

No, you've chosen to ignore what I've said because you're too busy being a fucking crybaby.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:13 AM
What that you have an opinion..i do..as does the world and get on with life???
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:14 AM
Oh I forgot that I was wishy washy on fact as opposed to statement.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:15 AM
What that you have an opinion..i do..as does the world and get on with life???

Which is what I said from the start, PI - that's all.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:17 AM
Why even talk to anyone then..what is the fucking point?
Posted By: Jeremy Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:26 AM
Cause people are fun.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Can't we all at least agree that Boston's "More Than A Feeling" is the greatest song ever recorded, then just go from there?

Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:28 AM

Yes, yes, it's a great song...but the "greatest"?

Nah....
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:29 AM

Nah....

But if we all agree then there will be peace...

Fucking Yankees fan, ruining it for everyone.

Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:30 AM
Gee, more opinions...
Posted By: Jeremy Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:30 AM
No!

I like "Foreplay/Long Time" better.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:31 AM

Nah....

But if we all agree then there will be peace...

What fun is there in that?

Quote:
Fucking Yankees fan, ruining it for everyone.

you me... without my Yankee goodness, you never woulda created:
<----- Mo
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:32 AM

<----- Mo

Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:45 AM

<----- Mo

Posted By: Grimm Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 10:20 AM
[quote=harleykwin]
 Quote:

Because we can't have a discussion if no one else gives an opinion and only I give mine to which you people dog on. I'm fine with that but if I'm the only whipping boy you people are big 'ol pussies.

Piggie, I was only dogging on you in fun. I like you, and you're one of the coolest people I know on here, and I give you some shit from time to time because that's one of the things that my circle of friends does. we give each other shit. there's no need to get so serious about it. people don't have to agree on everything to get along.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 10:30 AM
spoken like only a mentor could...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
[quote=harleykwin]
 Quote:

Piggie, I was only dogging on you in fun. I like you, and you're one of the coolest people I know on here, and I give you some shit from time to time because that's one of the things that my circle of friends does. we give each other shit. there's no need to get so serious about it. people don't have to agree on everything to get along.

I didn't mind the pics.....at least you were showing something. I'll leave it alone after this..my point was that Knut and Harley were giving no reason for their dislike.. It's like a kid's annoying conversation ...
PI: "Why don't you like Byrne's art?"...
Harley:"because" ...
PI:"Because why?"...
Knut: "because"...
PI: "But why?"...
Harley: "because"...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:34 PM
damnit PI...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 4:46 PM
BEHOLD!!!!!!!!

look. I dont like it. It looks ugly to me. My reasons are my own. If you cant handle that then Im sorry. Your still hilarious and one of my favorite posters on here...
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:24 PM
[quote=harleykwin]
 Quote:

I didn't mind the pics.....at least you were showing something. I'll leave it alone after this..my point was that Knut and Harley were giving no reason for their dislike.. It's like a kid's annoying conversation ...
PI: "Why don't you like Byrne's art?"...
Harley:"because" ...
PI:"Because why?"...
Knut: "because"...
PI: "But why?"...
Harley: "because"...

Oh. My. G-d.

You really are a whiny crybaby.

Nice way to deliberately misconstrue what happened by the way. Though you clearly wish to do some revisions on what went on last night, what actually happened was that I disagreed with you - in a civil manner, BTW - and you proceeded to follow me around like my personal bitch going so far as to start a snarky thread about me and imply that I was "shallow" - all because I simply disagreed with you. You did not, as you falsely claim, just ask for an explanaition, or try to enter into a discussion or friendly debate, but rather you immediately became rude and made the implication that because Knut and I did not like Byrne, we must like someone like Land, who you have made very clear in other threads is an artist you believe to be subpar. Instead of having the balls to come out and say that you thought our taste sucked, you took the pussy way out and only insinuated it instead. Grow a fucking spine.

Had you really wanted a reason, rather than taking the bullshit route of saying someone was too young to know better or any of the other rude bullshit things you said last night, then we could have had the discussion that you allege you wanted, instead of having it devolve into your nasty, insulting whinefest that -from the very start, you deliberately turned it into.

You want to keep bitching about this, go ahead. And as I said last night, go fuck yourself while you're at it too.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:34 PM
If you look at the previous 5 pages I think you'll see I wasn't at all out of line until the two of you started getting snarky.

But I'll leave it alone....
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 5:39 PM
No, I've just re-read these pages and you were the one who started with the rudeness from the very begining. I remained civil to you until you called me shallow. And none of this justifies you starting that other thread and calling me that.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 6:11 PM
Opinion is not taste generally. generally you have a reason you do or don't like something. You may not not some foods because your taste buds don't accept them, but with music, art, movies, books, looks, attraction, politics, there is generally something substantive you can say that makes you not like something unless you are a shallow person.

If you think I said you were shallow I wasn't using in that exact context, but OK I see your point--Sure, I was using the word to irk you. I was talking about discussion and "taste". Sometimes it's nice to have conversations that go deeper than "I liked that" or "I didn't like that". I think you are deeper than the answers given. I don't even really know you so I can't call you personally "Shallow", Harley. How do I know if you are or aren't--I highly doubt you are?

I will go on now and continue to Like John Byrne art, and I will go and fuck off.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 6:23 PM
Opinion is not taste generally. generally you have a reason you do or don't like something. You may not not some foods because your taste buds don't accept them, but with music, art, movies, books, looks, attraction, politics, there is generally something substantive you can say that makes you not like something unless you are a shallow person.

If you think I said you were shallow I wasn't using in that exact context, but OK I see your point--Sure, I was using the word to irk you. I was talking about discussion and "taste". Sometimes it's nice to have conversations that go deeper than "I liked that" or "I didn't like that".

Yeah, those discussions are nice, Dave, but you weren't looking for that, you were looking to start a fight instead.

Quote:

I will go on now and continue to Like John Byrne art, and I will go and fuck off.

heh.
Posted By: the G-man Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 8:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
yeah those were pretty damn ugly...

Listen, I'm one of the oldest guys here. I was a Byrne fan back when he was an unknown artist toiling away on "Iron Fist." I first picked up "X-men" precisely because he took over the book.

And even now I think that, when he puts his mind to it, Byrne can still turn in some nice work.

With that being said, sorry Pig, but those two drawings suck.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 8:59 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the silver age flash face, but I think the picture of Jay is pretty damn nice.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-17 11:46 PM
 Quote:
If I made a statement that's irrelevant then all statements are irrelevant because they are all opinion.

Bullshit.

There are statements of fact, and there are statements of opinion.

Quote:
What is fact and what is opinion?

Facts can be proven. An opinion is subjective.

And knowing Byrnes art is shit is not an opinion, its a fact!
it's a shame because this Flash series from 1-150 was incredible, and a large chunk of that was Waid.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-18 9:04 AM
Okay, I'm a big fan of Byrne's Man of Steel mini as well as the Superman titles he worked on. He's fairly decent when his penciling is backed up by a good inker (Ordway, Giordano). However John's characters look horribly anorexic when he's flying solo (Generations, Lab Rats). I tried tolerating Byrne again when he did JLA with Jerry Ordway (Tenth Circle), and I was somewhat pleased. I only dropped it because of the story. It sucked balls.
Posted By: Tobias Christopher Re: On The Rack Reviews: Flash 231 - 2007-08-27 4:51 AM
I'm still pissed they offed Bart like that. Damn DC. Damn them to the bottomless pits of Rosie O'Donnell's vagina!
© RKMBs