RKMBs
Posted By: the G-man Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-07-09 6:12 AM
What....the...hell?

I guess this isn't completely without precedent, given that DCU characters appeared in the original run of "Sandman" (and Daniel/Dream had a guest spot in JLA). But the idea that this might start happening on a regular basis worries me.
Gaiman approved it. I can't see that happening very often.

And besides right now Action Comics is basically a Lex Luthor miniseries, since JMS won't let anyone else use Superman for like a year. The guy writing it did the Captain Britain and the MI3 series which was pretty good.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-07-09 8:44 AM
I'll wait until I pirate a copy before I run my mouth off.

It's not that Gaiman doesn't care about his characters, but his approval doesn't have a lot of weight with me. Now If Alan Moore approved and liked the use of his characters, that's saying something.
He didn't like it when they used her in Captain Atom, so at least we know he doesn't just approve anything.

Though now that I think about it they did put out a lot of crappy Sandman spin offs in Vertigo and he had to approve those too.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-07-09 9:54 AM
exactly.
Posted By: allan1 Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-07-09 7:17 PM
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

It's not that Gaiman doesn't care about his characters, but his approval doesn't have a lot of weight with me. Now If Alan Moore approved and liked the use of his characters, that's saying something.

John Byrne and his Legion of Zombie Doom say Alan Moore helped kill comics.
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35699&PN=1&totPosts=137

Aside from that,Death in Action Comics could be ok.
Posted By: ROY BATTY Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-07-10 1:18 AM
allan, I don't want you frequenting that crazy arse bored!

So so many sycophants - I almost didn't make it out!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-07-10 1:46 AM
Yeah.

Also, Moore being a cranky old man was my point. He comes off so narrow-minded and tight-assed that he probably wouldn't approve anything that isn't a quality take.
or would he...
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-05 12:48 AM

Gaiman wrote Death's dialogue.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-05 8:53 AM
Ah. I knew I smelled something...
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-05 8:58 AM
Mxy had burrito for breakfast.
Posted By: iggy Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-05 10:50 AM
 Originally Posted By: allan1
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

John Byrne and his Legion of Zombie Doom say Alan Moore helped kill comics.
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35699&PN=1&totPosts=137

Aside from that,Death in Action Comics could be ok.

The fuck kinda place has rules like this: • Do Not start threads just because some celebrity has bared her boobs!!

To hell with John Byrne.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-05 11:35 AM
I suspect the byrneboards' boobophobia has something to do with old rkmb posters spamming their forum with Llance boobie pics.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-05 5:15 PM
And the fact they're all sad basement virgins...
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-05 5:27 PM
even Byrne?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-05 5:47 PM
Especially Byrne...
Posted By: allan1 Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-07 4:33 PM
Talk about Hive Mind mentality...every post Byrne makes is followed by 100 "You're right JB!!" ones.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-07 4:41 PM
You're right allan!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-07 4:41 PM
He sure is!
Posted By: allan1 Re: Gaiman's Death Comes to Action Comics - 2010-10-07 5:47 PM
and don't you forget it!!
© RKMBs