RKMBs
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/31/flashpost-the-issue-one-renumbering-of-the-dc-universe/

Quote:
In September, all the DC Comics published set within the DC Universe will be renumbered with new issue ones.

Every comic continuing from September will be relaunched with a shiny #1. Every. Single. One. With no current plan for the renumbering to reverse to any so-called “legacy” numbering.

And with those issue one renumberings, will come a new rejigged status quo. And yes, characters will be changed. Some may no longer exist. There will be new books, new creators, new teams, new characters and new… new. With no current plan for the new status quo to be undone or reversed.
The current Flashpoint story running through the DC Universe and ending in August has rewritten the history of the DC Universe. How much of it, if any, will be reflected in the September titles?

“The first rule about FLASHPOINT is, don’t talk about what comes after Flashpoint” quotes Chief Creative Office of DC Geoff Johns. And I think we can take that literally. DC creators have been asked by their editors to sign rather restrictive NDA agreements to continue working on titles.

But Bleeding Cool hasn’t signed anything. More today on what this might mean for specific books. Some of it will be accurate. Some of it will be warped in the telling. And some of it will have changed…
hmmmm....If that's the case,you'd almost have to wonder what's the incentive to pick up any regular ongoing DC book until then.Also......there will be much bitching and gnashing of teeth and I do believe a fair amount of fans will walk away from DC and comics altogether.
There is a lot of news about this coming out still and nothing is saying it will be a full reboot but I'm assuming the last remaining issues before the reboot will have some sort of finality to them to keep people buying them. Maybe all the comics will come to some sort of logical ending?
Its looking like this will be DC's "ultimate Universe" but without the original universe.
My favorite rumor going around is that DC lost their legal fight involving Superman and his new origin won't involve anything that they don't own anymore.

Before today some people were assuming that DC will lose all right to Superman by the end of this year and they were going to cut him out entirely.
 Originally Posted By: rex
With no current plan for the renumbering to reverse to any so-called “legacy” numbering.

Emphasis added.

Its looking like this will be DC's "ultimate Universe" but without the original universe.

But wasn't the whole point of 52, etc., that the multiverse still exists? Therefore, the "original" universe will still be there, just waiting for the next silver age fan wankster to come along.

I'm not reading any DC books now except for Vertigo and the occasional mini-series or graphic novel. This is unlikely to get me back.
There is a lot of news about this coming out still and nothing is saying it will be a full reboot but I'm assuming the last remaining issues before the reboot will have some sort of finality to them to keep people buying them. Maybe all the comics will come to some sort of logical ending?

With all the talk about "The Dark," I hope that each series doesn't end with some silly fade to black a la the fade to white entropy wall that consumed the final pages of each series going into the conclusion of Zero Hour. I hope but, I wouldn't put it past them.
USAToday article here. Looks like Superman and WW are getting new costumes.

Supes' looks pretty similar to that Wizard "Ultimate DC" design from 2003.
Prediction: Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman will be rebooted to be more like, respectively, Snyder's film, Reynolds' movie and the aborted David E. Kelley TV pilot.

Batman still won't be rebooted to reflect the Nolanverse even though everybody on earth recognizes that as the best version of Batman since, at least Dini-Timm.
52 new ongoing series. Digital and paper comics same day release. Some white people might become non-white people.
Some sites are claiming this will be a "full reboot" but how are comics like Justice League explained then? Don't they need to go through everyone's origin before they start forming teams?
If it wipes away the last oh.....10 years or so of "meh" Superman that I've read then I'm all for it.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/31/flashpost-the-hooking-up-of-superman-and-wonder-woman/

Quote:
Flashpost: The Hooking Up Of Superman And Wonder Woman

Okay, out of all the post-Flashpoint stories I’m running, this is the one on the least firm foundations. But, if true, will have the biggest multi-media implications.

I’m told that Superman and Wonder Woman will be getting together.

In a very media friendly fashion, indeed.

Or at least it will be a plot point. A possibility. And why?

Because this may be as a result of DC Universe/Flashpoint merged continuity, with a non-married Superman and a non-married Lois Lane. Without a messy divorce, without a deal with the devil and without some kind of memory bomb. That aspect is on more firmer footing.

I’m not sure how it fits what I’ve seen of a rejuvenated Superman. But hey, would a Superman that young expect to be tied down? To Lois or to Wonder Woman? Not counting use of a Golden Lassoo…
Some sites are claiming this will be a "full reboot" but how are comics like Justice League explained then? Don't they need to go through everyone's origin before they start forming teams?

The simplest way around that (and one that used to be used a lot in comics) would be to have each book start with the heroes already established and then flash back to the "new" origins.
...a non-married Superman and a non-married Lois Lane. ...

This is actually the least surprising news of all, if true, especially with Snyder's movie (itself a reboot) coming out.
Has Superman even been with Lois? He lived on New Krypton for a while than after that he left home to walk around the country. I don't know how much time that took up in DCU time,but it seems like he's never home.
 Originally Posted By: allan1
hmmmm....If that's the case,you'd almost have to wonder what's the incentive to pick up any regular ongoing DC book until then.
Yep. Save some bucks than at least try the new stuff.
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
Has Superman even been with Lois? He lived on New Krypton for a while than after that he left home to walk around the country. I don't know how much time that took up in DCU time,but it seems like he's never home.

The Superman-Lois marriage (unlike the Spidey-MJ marriage) has never really worked. I'm really surprised it hasn't been retconned before now.
it all sounds like positive changes to me. maybe a bit unnecessary, but... in this microcosmic view of the intraweb, alone, there's more comic book related discussion in the past few hours than there has been in a few months.

new costumes is good. reworked stories is good. a more media-pleasing relation to other sources (superman more like smallville, batman more like begins) is good. new numbering and a true "jump on point" is good.

question is, who is it "good" for - and the answer is more than likely "not you guys." but, quite frankly, its time for the industry to say "fuck you guys." the majority of us will follow along, anyway. but comics are a dying breed - any chance to legitimately attract new blood is a good thing, and i think all of the above does so.

i'm actually very much looking forward to the digital comics thing ...the thing that makes me not-white or something. i haven't purchased a printed comic book in sometime, but i've been buying them through iTunes on occasion - starting with the classics (dark knight returns, long halloween, etc.) and eventually snagging the whole blackest night saga. and with no messy under-the-bed boxes or ads for x-ray specs!
Damnit, does this mean the Superman-Barda hardcore fuckfest is going to be retconned out of existence before we get to see it?!
perhaps.

but if my theory is correct, DC is actually saying superman and barda will fuck you
finally!
 Originally Posted By: Rob
it all sounds like positive changes to me. maybe a bit unnecessary, but... in this microcosmic view of the intraweb, alone, there's more comic book related discussion in the past few hours than there has been in a few months.

new costumes is good. reworked stories is good. a more media-pleasing relation to other sources (superman more like smallville, batman more like begins) is good. new numbering and a true "jump on point" is good.

question is, who is it "good" for - and the answer is more than likely "not you guys." but, quite frankly, its time for the industry to say "fuck you guys." the majority of us will follow along, anyway. but comics are a dying breed - any chance to legitimately attract new blood is a good thing, and i think all of the above does so.

i'm actually very much looking forward to the digital comics thing ...the thing that makes me not-white or something. i haven't purchased a printed comic book in sometime, but i've been buying them through iTunes on occasion - starting with the classics (dark knight returns, long halloween, etc.) and eventually snagging the whole blackest night saga. and with no messy under-the-bed boxes or ads for x-ray specs!

All of it means nothing if the price isn't right. As much as people bitch about comic nerd bitching, those same comic nerds are what have kept the print side of the business going. Until the business reverts back to the pre-speculator days of making comics on the cheap as a disposable, affordable media, they aren't going to be bringing in too many new readers. Only the nerds will pay $3+ for a funny book. You start pissing them off without attracting new readers, and you've fucked your business.
 Quote:

And with those issue one renumberings, will come a new rejigged status quo. And yes, characters will be changed. Some may no longer exist. There will be new books, new creators, new teams, new characters and new… new. With no current plan for the new status quo to be undone or reversed.

Quote:
others from its 76-year history for a more modern and diverse 21st century.

Modern and diverse=Silver Age. Good to know!
Based on that JLA image, I'd guess "modern and diverse" will mean hypIng b-list minority characters like Cyborg.

In terms of attracting new readers with a reboot, Ive got no problem with that. However, my suspicion is that DC won't fix the real problems: an over reliance on crossovers and events and overbearing attempts to homogenize the line for the sake of "branding", thereby stifling the creativity of most of the writers.
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
All of it means nothing if the price isn't right.

$3 feels like a lot for a book, i agree. but im not certain there's much of an argument about price when it comes to new fans. new fans aren't buying a dozen books every wednesday, so the difference between $1 and $3 isn't that great. and its the nerds who will pay $3/book that would also complain about the lackluster quality of a 99cent book. prometheus has already read them and hates them!

i think distribution is by far the more critical factor. and if DC continues to push the digital reach, as promised, well then we have a game. getting comics every wednesday on your iphone or android or tablet or PC is a fuckload more appealing than trying to find comic book guy's location (only to have the popular books already sold out).

theoretically, a larger digital distribution could also make the books more cost effective (no printing, no shipping, etc.) so its possible we'll see both problems resolved simultaneously.
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Based on that JLA image, I'd guess "modern and diverse" will mean hypIng b-list minority characters like Cyborg.

that's not a fair statement - cyborg is the only b-lister in that group, which otherwise contains superman, wonder woman, batman, GL, the flash, and aquaman. who is a more appropriate 7th? martian manhunter is no more a-list; perhaps even less so, with cyborg featuring so prominently on a number of recent toons / shows, with a much wider appeal than any book hero.

i also think most of the characters got a nice little visual "kick". ww's costume, though classic, was unarguably outdated, and this one steps it up without seeming too cliche. superman got a few tweaks here and there, including a revised symbol, bigger collar, and maybe no red undies. and it could be the image, but he also appears to be smallville-aged, early 20s. batman finally looks to be going the dark knight / arkham asylum route, etc.

In terms of attracting new readers with a reboot, Ive got no problem with that. However, my suspicion is that DC won't fix the real problems: an over reliance on crossovers and events and overbearing attempts to homogenize the line for the sake of "branding", thereby stifling the creativity of most of the writers.

crossovers are annoying, but i think we can all agree they're typically only done for sales purposes. if DC can bring in new readers with new distribution and new approachable characters / stories, that could fix itself.
All of it means nothing if the price isn't right.

$3 feels like a lot for a book, i agree. but im not certain there's much of an argument about price when it comes to new fans. new fans aren't buying a dozen books every wednesday, so the difference between $1 and $3 isn't that great. and its the nerds who will pay $3/book that would also complain about the lackluster quality of a 99cent book. prometheus has already read them and hates them!

i think distribution is by far the more critical factor. and if DC continues to push the digital reach, as promised, well then we have a game. getting comics every wednesday on your iphone or android or tablet or PC is a fuckload more appealing than trying to find comic book guy's location (only to have the popular books already sold out).

theoretically, a larger digital distribution could also make the books more cost effective (no printing, no shipping, etc.) so its possible we'll see both problems resolved simultaneously.

I do agree that digital distribution should bring that price down without printing/shipping costs tacked on. On the other hand, I don't see anyone outside of the existing comic nerdom paying $3 or more for about thirty pages. Magazines offer hundreds of pages in that glossy print for just a few dollars more, and they're dying out as well. Yes, nerds may whine about lower print quality; but, just as you said about their bitching about the current changes, they'll still buy the books. More likely, they'd wind up buying more all the while bitching about it. The lower price point, as I was point out, is how you get newer, younger audiences. I can see a world where Vertigo was printing $3 books on glossy and selling in comic shop only for the more mature readers while, at the same time, kids are picking up 99 cent a pop newsprint comics out of convince store or supermarket checkouts. With uber tech nerds such as yourself and many here just downloading the latest issues from the web every week without ever having to get out into the sun.

that's not a fair statement - cyborg is the only b-lister in that group,

G-man just believes that Cyborg got in on Affirmative Action, that's why he's so pissed.
Based on that JLA image, I'd guess "modern and diverse" will mean hyping b-list minority characters like Cyborg.

that's not a fair statement - cyborg is the only b-lister in that group...

To clarify my point: In order to be more "diverse," DC has four choices: (a) create new minority characters from scratch; (b) replace existing heroes with minority characters in the same role (for example, what was attempted with Aqualad, the Atom and the Question); (c) retcon icons to be minorities; (d) hype the existing minority characters who are currently considered "b list."

Jeff thinks it might mean (b) or (c). I think it may mean (d). I base that on the fact that, instead of giving us a picture of the League with (for example) a John Stewart GL (argubly DC's most successful minority character due to JLU) or (for hypothetical example) a new, Asian, Aquaman we get Cyborg in the "Black Vulcan/Samarai/Apache Chief Superfriends slot."

Maybe I'll be wrong. However, very recent attempts at (b) didn't really succeed and the pic shows all of the icons as still be white so I don't except (c) [there's also the fact that DC would probably be hyping that more if if it were the case].

That leaves either creating new characters or hyping existing ones. Based on forty-plus years of comic book reading, my gut tells me that, between (a) and (d), (d) is more likely, especially in a world where most completely new characters tend to be creator-owned.

crossovers are annoying, but i think we can all agree they're typically only done for sales purposes. if DC can bring in new readers with new distribution and new approachable characters / stories, that could fix itself.

But the crossovers tend to appeal, not to the new reader, but to the fanboy market (which as you said is the market DC needs to stand up to make this work). And while those crossovers might gin up sales on some titles during the event, the overall sales of comic books continues to decline in the era of the crossover.

Oh, and I just bet that this "new" Cyborg won't sound black enough.
Oh, and I just bet that this "new" Cyborg won't sound black enough.

How black do you think he should sound?

the pic shows all of the icons as still be white

Oh...

Raccist!
I'll miss Secret Six and Batmorrison. Otherwise this is good.

I don't get most of the nerdrage, because most of the comics being published today have almost no relation to the ones from 15 years ago anyway, just like those had almost no relation to the ones that came out in 1980. They've been periodically rebooting these things since the 60's and they should keep doing it forever, even if doing so invalidates your erotic Nightwing fanfic.

How much are digital comics usually worth? Legal ones, I mean.
I do agree that digital distribution should bring that price down without printing/shipping costs tacked on. On the other hand, I don't see anyone outside of the existing comic nerdom paying $3 or more for about thirty pages. Magazines offer hundreds of pages in that glossy print for just a few dollars more, and they're dying out as well.

magazines offer more, but they're also bloated with ads. and their medium is dying because they can no longer sell the ads to keep up with their costs (to outpace the shrinking distribution because of the intrewebs ruling the earf).

$3 is only a 50% increase from where they were 20 years ago. i'd pay $3 for a morrison batman and robin, but not a brightest day issue, regardless of pages. i just don't think price is that large of a gamechanger, overall.

but i do agree the occasional cheap issue, or cheap title, could help pull in a different audience -- DC's 10 cent books (i believe that was bruce wayne fugitive kickoff?) sold a brazillion copies. hell, maybe all these new relaunches should feature a $1 first issue. a sampler platter! let audiences see the many varieties, then pay more for the ones that they like and want to stick with.
 Quote:
but i do agree the occasional cheap issue, or cheap title, could help pull in a different audience -- DC's 10 cent books (i believe that was bruce wayne fugitive kickoff?) sold a brazillion copies.

Which led to a crossover/multi-issue arc and few, if any, new readers sticking around(getting back to my point about how the crossovers are the biggest problem).
To clarify my point: In order to be more "diverse," DC has four choices:

but the claim wasn't just for "diverse", it was to "modern[ize]". that's why i mentioned the core three; superman, batman, and wondie, all getting revised looks. also, "diverse" didn't just have to mean "make people different color", you rascist.

But the crossovers tend to appeal, not to the new reader, but to the fanboy market (which as you said is the market DC needs to stand up to make this work). And while those crossovers might gin up sales on some titles during the event, the overall sales of comic books continues to decline in the era of the crossover.

i don't disagree - the crossovers are spikes; an effort to bandaid the problem. my argument is that if DC is working on actually addressing the problem, they wont need the bandaids.
 Quote:
but i do agree the occasional cheap issue, or cheap title, could help pull in a different audience -- DC's 10 cent books (i believe that was bruce wayne fugitive kickoff?) sold a brazillion copies.

Which led to a crossover/multi-issue arc and few, if any, new readers sticking around(getting back to my point about how the crossovers are the biggest problem).

stop it. wait your turn.
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
I don't get most of the nerdrage, because most of the comics being published today have almost no relation to the ones from 15 years ago anyway, just like those had almost no relation to the ones that came out in 1980.

yar. outside of renumbering, this is really no different than any of the previous reworks -- three of which just took place in the past 5 years or so. comics reinvent themselves by definition, almost as soon as a new writing team takes over. for all the gruff geoff johns gets, i actually like the way he takes all these cluttering past elements and streamlines them into something. maybe not something beautiful, or not always something well received -- but something.

How much are digital comics usually worth? Legal ones, I mean.

typically similarly priced to the printed books. 99, 1.99, and 2.99. i've seen some in marvel land for 3.99, but that is poo. the digital stores (through iTunes / Comixology) also do occasional sales, like making all GL books 99 cents on earth day (cuz it's green, get it?!).

they're JUST starting to drop books on the same day they're available in print, too. usually only one or two, but its so cool to see.

and now, they're also adding more legacy books to the available library - even beyond the DKR and year one collections from the 80s, you can now get the first 25 issues of the 1940s batman
typically similarly priced to the printed books.

Hahaha. I was considering buying a lot of the upcoming #1s, but not if they're that expensive. This same-day revolution won't do much good if they don't drop those prices by at least half.
The only good reboot I can think of at the moment is to reboot the DC team into one that discontinues the annual/semi-annual reboots, period. Until then, I'm sticking to archives and back issues.
typically similarly priced to the printed books.

Hahaha. I was considering buying a lot of the upcoming #1s, but not if they're that expensive. This same-day revolution won't do much good if they don't drop those prices by at least half.

actually, i shouldn't have said that, because i don't really know what the printed books cost. i just assumed. here's some of this week's books and prices:

authority volume 2, #4 - 1.99
batman 13 - batman 25; 1.99
batman and robin 16 - 1.99
batman arkham city 2 - 0.99
brightest day 21 - 1.99
birds of prey 121 - 1.99
flash 12 - 1.99
gotham central - 1.99
preacher 50 - 2.99
super 8 #1 - free
superboy 74 - 1.99
tomorrow stories 10 - 0.99
DC books are all 2.99. I think half that is acceptable for a digital copy, ideally less.
The part of me that's been hoping for DC to reboot to the beginning of the aughts wants to be angry over the lost opportunity. But the part of me that's jaded and totally unconcerned with whatever DC does at this point won't let me be angry.

This is a shitty move....But then again, that characterizes the past decade. So it really is especially pointless to care about it.
DC should have done this years ago. Also do away with the Multi-verse. If later they want to restart the multi-verse ala flash of two worlds...great.

The old stories still exist...the past 15 years have hurt comics not helped with the constant reboots, re-imaginings and so on. Start fresh and stick to it..if you need to adapt ----whatever, if it isn't working.

My onlllllyyyyyy problem with this is---Geoff johns and Jim Lee?? Are they the right people to put your entire company's future, in print, in their hands? I doubt it.

I also do think this has absolutely everything to do with 2 of DC's properties. Superman and Wonder Woman. DC losing various rights to Superman and Wonder Woman just not clicking at all since Perez.

Batman will work no matter what they do with him....IMO. Hopefully, they take this opportunity to amp up Aquaman with some sort of water power and telekinesis as well.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118007269?refCatId=13

Superman co-creator's family given rights
Siegels now control character's Krypton origins
By Marc Graser
Superman

Warner Bros. and DC Comics have lost a little more control over the Man of Steel.

In an ongoing Federal court battle over Superman, Judge Stephen Larson ruled Wednesday that the family of the superhero's co-creator, Jerry Siegel, has "successfully recaptured" rights to additional works, including the first two weeks of the daily Superman newspaper comic-strips, as well as portions of early Action Comics and Superman comic-books.

The ruling is based on the court's finding that these were not "works-made-for-hire" under the Copyright Act.

This means the Siegels -- repped by Marc Toberoff of Toberoff & Associates -- now control depictions of Superman's origins from the planet Krypton, his parents Jor-El and Lora, Superman as the infant Kal-El, the launching of the infant Superman into space by his parents as Krypton explodes and his landing on Earth in a fiery crash.

The first Superman story was published in 1938 in Action Comics No. 1. For $130, Jerry Siegel and co-creator Joel Shuster signed a release in favor of DC's predecessor, Detective Comics, and a 1974 court decision ruled they signed away their copyrights forever.

In 2008, the same court order ruled on summary judgment that the Siegels had successfully recaptured (as of 1999) Siegel's copyright in Action Comics No. 1, giving them rights to the Superman character, including his costume, his alter-ego as reporter Clark Kent, the feisty reporter Lois Lane, their jobs at the Daily Planet newspaper working for a gruff editor, and the love triangle among Clark/Superman and Lois.

While ownership of the Man of Steel is one point of all this legal activity, the real issue is money and how much Warner Bros. and DC owe the Siegels from profits they collected from Superman since 1999, when the heirs' recapture of Siegel's copyright became effective.

DC owns other elements like Superman's ability to fly, the term kryptonite, the Lex Luthor and Jimmy Olsen characters, Superman's powers and expanded origins.

In a statement, Warner Bros. and DC said, "Warner and DC Comics are pleased that the court has affirmed that the vast majority of key elements associated with the Superman character that were developed after Action Comics No. 1 are not part of the copyrights that the plaintiffs have recaptured and therefore remain solely owned by DC Comics."

The Shuster estate originally did not participate with the Siegels' case because Shuster has no spouse or children. But his estate later won a ruling of a recapture identical to the Siegels, which will be effective in 2013. At that point, the Siegels and Shusters will own the entire copyright to Action Comics No. 1. That will give them the chance to set up Superman pics, TV shows and other projects at another studio.

If they want to get a new "Superman" or even "Justice League" pic featuring the superhero, Warner Bros. and DC will be forced to go into production by 2011.
I imagine Warner Bros. is just going to nix Superman's civilian life altogether to get out of paying additional fees.

that's not a fair statement - cyborg is the only b-lister in that group,

CBR reports that part of the new strategy is to graduate "three traditionally "B-list" heroes" to their own titles, one of whom is Mr Terrific.
there are 52 titles! there will likely be dozens of b-list starring books - which really isn't a new direction.
goodbye DC.
I dunno, I suppose these days it probably can't hurt DC to do something like this. They might lose some old readers but the industry has been doing that all along anyways. I'm down to really just the Legion book and while I'm not thrilled with yet another relaunch of the title I'll keep buying it. Something smaller might have worked better though. One Superman title, one Batman title and so forth with maybe a limit of 12 titles tops. At one time Marvel was forced by DC to something like half that and the company did very well during that period. A potential customer might be more interested in being able to collect a whole line if it was more financially attainable and easier to follow.
Here's the cover to Nightwing #1 with art by Eddy Barrows.
Swamp Thing #1 by Yannick Paquette.
Catwoman #1 by Guillem March.
Detective Comics #1 by Tony Daniel.
Batman #1 by Greg Capullo.
Batwoman #1 by J.H. Williams.
Birds of Prey #1 by Jesus Saiz
Batgirl #1 by Adrian Syaf
Justice League International by Dan Jurgens
Batman is like the Wolverine of DC.
Detective Comics #1 by Tony Daniel.
Daniel is writing a bat title right now. It's good and I'm guessing he can continue writing good bat stories.
Birds of Prey #1 by Jesus Saiz
Who is the sword chick? Is it Katana from The Outsiders?
It's Halle Berry
Her titties aint big enough to be Halle.
but is her voice black enough to be Halle?

Wow, Kon-El looks like a gay from the 80s.
I think that comic is gonna be set in Earth 1993.
I think that comic is gonna be set in Earth 1993.

It's gonna be the "Poochy" of the relaunches.
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

\:lol\: !!!
I heard a very convoluted theory that the relaunch takes place right after Crisis On Infinite Earths.
What do you mean? They don't reboot everything, JUST Post-Crisis?
If I remember correctly the relaunch is earth 1 from when Crisis on Infinite Earths ended.
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

\:lol\: !!!

\:lol\:
"comic readers are scum of the internet."
-Adolf Hitler
Or just listen to where I heard it from:
http://www.geekbox.net/archives/2011/06/06/the-comic-conspiracy-episode-11/
I'm glad I quit comics (except Irredeemable)
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

Wow, Kon-El looks like a gay from the 80s.

Nightwing looks like a gay tard. Who is the chick crawling on the ground? Troia?

Kid Flash and Raven look good.
that's not Nightwing, that's Red Robin. no less gay looking, though.
Kampy's in the ball park, too. Liefeld's drawing Hawk & Dove #1. yeah, that'll last. . .
I heard a very convoluted theory that the relaunch takes place right after Crisis On Infinite Earths.

I think each comic might take place in a different Earth. They might even have a logo with the number of the Earth on the cover.

Well done.

Seriously, Wonder Girl...powerhouse thief? Super-kick-me-sign-boy?

I'm sorry, but Booster Gold better fix this god-damned timeline sometime in 2012. The teasers for many of these reboots sound mightily stupid.
or do they...

new Suicide Squad book
http://www.bleedingcool.com/tag/flashpost bleedingcol has some coverage on the comics
George Perez will be writing and drawing SUPERMAN, with Grant Morrison and Rag Morales taking ACTION. Might be worth a download, I guess...
these costumes are all sooo horribly awful. how can they possibly mess them all up?
Aquaman is Ok..but he is minimally changed...
Excited for the two Superman titles (Perez had a great run in Action Comics in the late 80's), but

Quote:
Supergirl’s got the unpredictable behavior of a teenager, the same powers as Superman and none of his affection for the people of Earth. Writers Michael Green and Mike Johnson (Smallville,

That's as far as I got.
Also, notice that Superman has three different costumes in these covers (Action, Superman, JLA) and Superboy has two (Teen Titans, Superboy). I think that's confirmation that the books will take place in different Earths (though of course a lot of them could share the same Earth).
Excited for the two Superman titles (Perez had a great run in Action Comics in the late 80's), but

Quote:
Supergirl’s got the unpredictable behavior of a teenager, the same powers as Superman and none of his affection for the people of Earth. Writers Michael Green and Mike Johnson (Smallville,

That's as far as I got.

;\)
Got to freely and honestly admit something here. The Superman titles sound kind of possibly like something I might actually go buy. That's probably about it. But, I also have to admit that while I'm pretty indifferent to this whole thing so far (mainly because I don't think it will stick) I am kind of excited for the franchise-wide sweep I've been wanting for about a decade. If they're serious...and they don't punk everyone out after a year...they might be making a few good moves here.

The outfits aren't getting me excited yet. Except maybe Perez's Superman. I think. We'll see.
Is there a concise list of titles/creators announced somewhere on the web?

Full 52 solicits
Morrison writing a Superman book with Rags Morales art, tempting.

Winnick writing Catwoman. Welcome to AIDS, Slam Bradley, Jr.

Winnick writing Catwoman. Welcome to AIDS, Slam Bradley, Jr.

I for one am glad that there's no Shazam book here, because let's face it Captain Marvel is a pretty sucky character. I hope he dies.
I'm glad, too, because that clears the road for someone who appreciates and enjoys the original Fawcett characters to buy them out from under Major Didiot's ass.
I hope Rob Liefeld buys them.
 Originally Posted By: ShazamGrrl1
Major Didiot

That's clever.
Not really.
What does ShazamGrrl1 and her vagina have in common?

Both are fat cunts.
Wow. Does anyone really believe that ANYONE would be able to "buy" characters that DC Comics/Warner Bros. owns the copyright to? Really? What universe is this, cause I want tickets...

Full 52 solicits

Thanks Allan. That's why you're the first amongst all Allans. And why I cast you as Blue Beetle in my Crisis on Infinite Message Boards story. True story.
 Quote:

BATWING #1

Written by JUDD WINICK

Art and cover by BEN OLIVER

Africa, a land of beauty – and of great horror. A land of creation and conflict. It is in desperate need of a defender, and from the ranks of Batman Incorporated comes a soldier to carry on the legacy of The Dark Knight in the most tumultuous region on Earth. Meet Batwing, the Batman of Africa!

.........what?

They can't be serious. "Batwing"? "BatWING??" \:lol\:

And this must take place on Earth-Suck, because it references Batman, Inc.

Quote:
RESURRECTION MAN #1

Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING

Art by FERNANDO DAGNINO

Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

It’s the return of Mitch Shelly – and he’s still dead.

Resurrection Man can’t stay dead for long, though – and with each rebirth comes new and unexpected powers. But his many returns have not gone unnoticed, and forces are gathering to learn what’s so special about him – and to see which of them will finally stop Resurrection Man dead.

Nice! Abnett and Lanning getting to bring Mitch Shelly back. Could be interesting.
Wow. Does anyone really believe that ANYONE would be able to "buy" characters that DC Comics/Warner Bros. owns the copyright to? Really? What universe is this, cause I want tickets...

As a matter of fact, there is...

Originally Posted By: ShazamGrrl1
I'm glad, too, because that clears the road for someone who appreciates and enjoys the original Fawcett characters to buy them out from under Major Didiot's ass.

And not only does she have her opening offer ready ($78.12 cash, a carton of Newport Lights, and a cat piss-soaked - but laundered! - comforter), but she has enough slash fanfic to make a pretty good sized run, provided the artist can make a deadline.

SHAZZZAMMM! Rated Z for
 Quote:

BATWING #1

Written by JUDD WINICK

Art and cover by BEN OLIVER

Africa, a land of beauty – and of great horror. A land of creation and conflict. It is in desperate need of a defender, and from the ranks of Batman Incorporated comes a soldier to carry on the legacy of The Dark Knight in the most tumultuous region on Earth. Meet Batwing, the Batman of Africa!

.........what?

They can't be serious. "Batwing"? "BatWING??" \:lol\:

And this must take place on Earth-Suck, because it references Batman, Inc.

Quote:
RESURRECTION MAN #1

Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING

Art by FERNANDO DAGNINO

Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

It’s the return of Mitch Shelly – and he’s still dead.

Resurrection Man can’t stay dead for long, though – and with each rebirth comes new and unexpected powers. But his many returns have not gone unnoticed, and forces are gathering to learn what’s so special about him – and to see which of them will finally stop Resurrection Man dead.

Nice! Abnett and Lanning getting to bring Mitch Shelly back. Could be interesting.

Whoa, same guys behind the cosmic Marvel stuff? If so, I might be interested in this!

Full 52 solicits

Thanks Allan. That's why you're the first amongst all Allans. And why I cast you as Blue Beetle in my Crisis on Infinite Message Boards story. True story.

Cool.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32716

this article is a sobering look at the economic reality of what DC's doing.
Got to freely and honestly admit something here. The Superman titles sound kind of possibly like something I might actually go buy. That's probably about it. But, I also have to admit that while I'm pretty indifferent to this whole thing so far (mainly because I don't think it will stick) I am kind of excited for the franchise-wide sweep I've been wanting for about a decade. If they're serious...and they don't punk everyone out after a year...they might be making a few good moves here.

The outfits aren't getting me excited yet. Except maybe Perez's Superman. I think. We'll see.

truthfully, the Superman titles seem at first glance to have the strongest creative teams of the bunch. but much like Jim Lee, neither Perez nor Morales is going to be able to stick to a monthly schedule for very long.
Plus, I'm reading where Perez is writing it, but only doing the covers and breakdowns for the interior. So, I'm cautious again.

However, Morrison and Rags...

...this has real possibility...
Plus, I'm reading where Perez is writing it, but only doing the covers and breakdowns for the interior.

He did the same thing last time in Action Comics (with Kerry Gammill doing finishes) and it was pretty great. Besides I think Jesus Merino is pretty good (those JMS Brave & Bold issues may have been crap ((no idea)) but they looked amazing).

But yeah, sadly Perez lasted like one year on the title I think... and that was with Roger Stern co-writing.
Perez will invariably cite "health reasons" and be gone in like 6 months.I'm guessing the only reason DC asked Perez to do Superman at all was to give the older fans something akin to a "comfort blanket"...........and John Byrne said "No."
Plus, I'm reading where Perez is writing it, but only doing the covers and breakdowns for the interior. So, I'm cautious again.

However, Morrison and Rags...

...this has real possibility...

yeah, but like I said, Rags can't hold to a monthly schedule. he'll be replaced pretty quickly by another artist who isn't as good, or they'll have "alternating artists" or some such ala Quitely on Batman & Robin. so, enjoy it while it lasts, just realize it won't be around for long.

btw, Knurkel, I'm sorry to hear Winick's writing your new solo book. my condolences.

I coulda been a contender
these are the ones I'll at least try

JUSTICE LEAGUE
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
CAPTAIN ATOM
THE FURY OF FIRESTORM
MISTER TERRIFIC
ACTION COMICS
SUPERMAN
BIRDS OF PREY
SWAMP THING
ANIMAL MAN
RESURRECTION MAN
DEATHSTROKE
SUICIDE SQUAD
MEN OF WAR
ALL-STAR WESTERN
HAWK AND DOVE
ok, after seeing the lastest shitty Jim Lee Justice League pieces, I now actively hate this crap and I hope it bombs in a huge way.
Yeah,it's not saying much when Aquaman is the coolest looking hero in the Justice League.
The new Superman costume (the Lee one, not the Rags' version) grates on me. He's invulnerable and they've got him wearing armor?

Amazing how adding lines makes it a new costume.
Yes, that's how drawing works. The artist adds lines to a piece of paper in order to create an image.

But, seriously, while it's really just a redesign of the old one, most people are referring to it as a new costume.
The new Superman costume (the Lee one, not the Rags' version) grates on me. He's invulnerable and they've got him wearing armor?

while that is somewhat of a conflicting issue... it sure as fuck makes more sense than wearing a body stocking.

the batman and superman "redesigns" are basically the original versions with changes that everyone has been begging to have for decades: no undies, more streamlined, more like "suits" than "costumes". i find wonder woman's to be a little devoid of color, but for the most part i think they're all awesome upgrades. i'd have preferred something more drastic, but i think this is the perfect balance between new and classic.

Amazing how adding lines makes it a new costume.

I like Aquaman,GL's and Wonder Woman's outfits the most.I like Superman's updated look,but could do without the armor and lines.Batman's makes more sense for his line(no pun intended)of work so no real problems but I liked the yellow oval better from Batman Inc.
Flash's is pretty good but I don't care for the boots and Cyborg is way too bulky looking.Slim his armor down a bit and it would look much better.

while that is somewhat of a conflicting issue... it sure as fuck makes more sense than wearing a body stocking.

Why? The main purpose of clothing (other than modesty) is protecting the vulnerable areas of the body (from injury, heat, cold, etc.). Superman doesn't need that protection. On other hand, a "body stocking" can be worn under his civilian clothes. As such it the tights make more sense for Superman. In fact, he might be the only superhero where tights makes the most sense.

Quote:
the batman and superman "redesigns" are basically the original versions with changes that everyone has been begging to have for decades: no undies, more streamlined, more like "suits" than "costumes".

I've got no problem with the Batman redesign and can live with the WW costume. Furthermore, the general color scheme of the Superman suit (no yellow belt, no red underoos) is fine.

My only beef is, as noted above, is that, rather than be more streamlined, it's actually clunkier, due to the armored look.
I always liked the Eradicator costume from Reign of the Supermen. Something like that sans the gay goggles would be a cool update. I agree that making the costumes more functional suits rather than spandex is a plus. I just find the 'body lines' stuff to be kinda lazy and pointless. Batman can get away with it considering that he's just a dude in the middle of gang fights. I think I'd like more of a blue (a dark navy blue, maybe) on WW's tights or not tights at all tee hee. Don't get the lines on Flash's boots. Always like Kolins's use of thick sole boots with the grips as it seemed more functional. Probably the best look is the old TV Flash costume that didn't look like boots but a part of a flexible costume that would seem better for a runner than boots.
I always liked the Eradicator costume from Reign of the Supermen. Something like that sans the gay goggles would be a cool update.

Yeah. Lose the glasses, along with the turtleneck, and tone down the "padded shoulders" look to the cape and we'd have a winner.

Why? The main purpose of clothing (other than modesty) is protecting the vulnerable areas of the body (from injury, heat, cold, etc.). Superman doesn't need that protection. On other hand, a "body stocking" can be worn under his civilian clothes. As such it the tights make more sense for Superman. In fact, he might be the only superhero where tights makes the most sense.

"armor" makes more sense than spandex because of the default; spandex makes no sense. none of it makes sense, really. why would superman have a cape, for crying out loud. so, really, we're debating silly upon silly.

but, to me, something other than the comic book cliche of pajamas just makes more sense, even if the only justification is there's no reason for the alternative stretchy cloth so-skin-tight you can see sinew. if we're playing the "superman is invulnerable" card, then he should go the watchmen route and not wear anything. if you're asking for modesty as well as speed and convenience: he's superman. he could fly to kansas, get his overalls, and fly back to metropolis before braniac finishes his first punch. the practicality of wearing something beneath his work clothes just means he should wear a suit a few sizes larger - which, as clark kent, bumbling shit head, he should already do. none of which, of course, would help him explain why he's wearing a long-sleeved shirt every minute of every day. or his incredibly embarrassing compulsion to adjust "the boys" beneath 11 pairs of underwear.

to me, a shirt with a function beyond "hey, it's blue" makes 1% more sense - even if both concepts are silly. whether that's armor, or some slightly "padded" suit ("padded" not necessarily meaning "padding", just something more regular than spandex).
I always liked the Eradicator costume from Reign of the Supermen. Something like that sans the gay goggles would be a cool update.

Yeah. Lose the glasses, along with the turtleneck, and tone down the "padded shoulders" look to the cape and we'd have a winner.

i do lustfully agree! eraditcator and the "evil future superman" from justice league had two very cool looks that i'd love to see. however, i think they're "too dramatic" for most fans.

Don't get the lines on Flash's boots. Always like Kolins's use of thick sole boots with the grips as it seemed more functional. Probably the best look is the old TV Flash costume that didn't look like boots but a part of a flexible costume that would seem better for a runner than boots.

im fine with flash's boots for really the same reason - the cowboys cheerleader boots he was wearing didn't make any sense. at least these look "super hero".

i do think, however, that it would have been a good time to give the flash a better mask. other than batman, he seems to be the best fit for a full mask to protect his skin from lightning fast debris. i especially think a pair of goggles (impulse style? catwoman style?) would have made sense to keep his eyes protected.

also... why the fuck are hal's gloves still white? boo.
I just remembered John Byrne explaining the spandex as the telekinetic field around his body prevents tight clothes from ripping as easily. Still, just as simple to have him wear something other than spandex than have to come up with crazy explanations as to why he wears spandex.
I just remembered John Byrne explaining the spandex as the telekinetic field around his body prevents tight clothes from ripping as easily. Still, just as simple to have him wear something other than spandex than have to come up with crazy explanations as to why he wears spandex.

plus, they're always ripping anyway!

(btw, isn't that also how byrne explained supes ability to fly...?)
also... why the fuck are hal's gloves still white? boo.

It's still before Labor Day?

Don't know, but I do know it's also how he explains Supes' ability to hold giant shit over his head without it breaking apart or wobbling uncontrollably due to imbalance.

"armor" makes more sense than spandex because of the default; spandex makes no sense. none of it makes sense, really. why would superman have a cape, for crying out loud. so, really, we're debating silly upon silly.

but, to me, something other than the comic book cliche of pajamas just makes more sense, even if the only justification is there's no reason for the alternative stretchy cloth so-skin-tight you can see sinew. if we're playing the "superman is invulnerable" card, then he should go the watchmen route and not wear anything...

But Superman started the "pajamas" cliche in comic books. So if there's a character who earned the right to keep wearing tights it's him.

Furthermore, from what I understand, he wears the costume because of the idea that it makes him more approachable despite being an omnipowered alien. The theatrical costume in primary colors keeps people from thinking of him as an alien. It also distracts from the fact he doesn't wear a mask and lets people think he doesn't even have a secret ID.

Don't know, but I do know it's also how he explains Supes' ability to hold giant shit over his head without it breaking apart or wobbling uncontrollably due to imbalance.

bah. i quite enjoyed magog's frustration over that physics aspect, in kingdom come. or, really, the only good part of superman returns, during the plane scene.
i do lustfully agree! eraditcator and the "evil future superman" from justice league had two very cool looks that i'd love to see. however, i think they're "too dramatic" for most fans.

Yes, the Justice Lords Superman was also a cool look.

Honestly, they were all pretty cool updates, except for Flash who just wore the Reverse Flash getup.
yeah, Timm's redesigns are worlds better than Lee's shite.
But Superman started the "pajamas" cliche in comic books. So if there's a character who earned the right to keep wearing tights it's him.

are you disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, or are you actually ok with the jammies?
If, by jammies, you mean tights and the cape, I have no problem with the classic "Superman in tights" look. While I'm glad to see the underoos gone, I think he's the one character where the tights are not only iconic but logical (in part for the reasons I stated above).
G-man wants a nude superman.
and how?
and how!!!
I think Superman needs some golf clubs.
 Originally Posted By: Grimm

Lee is a lot like Perez in that I like his art, but he's not good at designing.
Yeah, the Supes armor is a little silly. But, there might be story reason. Either way, take a look at everything everyone is wearing and it screams "Jim Lee". The moment he leaves the book, let's see how long the next artist keeps up the "line work". Kind of how every writer after Morrison goes and simply goes back to status quo (see: X-Men).

Wonder Woman has the best costume. I wish Lee was doing her book, instead. Batman and Superman's outfits look too similar to each other to work. Compared to Rags Superman, this one suffers greatly.

Flash doesn't look like anything updated except the gauntlet-boots. Meh. Lantern looks the same. Meh. Aquaman looks exactly the same. Meh.

And they all look "Ten Years Ago"-21 years old.

Cyborg is the new Martian Manhunter. Thanks DC Universe Online marketing tie-in!

Totally. Perez's design evolution peaked in the 80's with Crisis. Lee's peaked in the 90's with Image...
 Quote:
Cyborg is the new Martian Manhunter.

Does his voice sound Martian enough?

Perez is actually pretty good at designing: Donna Troy/Wonder Girl (red outfit), Raven, Cyborg, Changeling, White Tiger, Ultra=Humanite, Mammoth, Gizmo, Luthor's power armor, Trigon, Deathstroke, etc. while not every one of his designs works (Troia), for the most part, he's actually pretty good.
 Quote:
Donna Troy/Wonder Girl (red outfit)

If you mean this outfit:

That costume was designed by Nick Cardy, long before Perez was even in the business.
No, he's talking this:

Cardy's, while red, is NOT what Perez designed....
Perez brought cleavage into the table.
Correct.
That's basically what's wrong with Batman and Superman's costumes these days - no cleavage.
Didn't Changeling just wear the Doom Patrol costume? Probably refused to take it off after his mommy died.
No, he's talking this:

Cardy's, while red, is NOT what Perez designed....

Wonder Girl was wearing that costume (which is just Cardy's with a lower neckline and a few minor differences), as far back as issue 44 of the original Teen Titans run:

And check out Cardy's cover for TT # 37. Again, there's no real difference between his costume design and what Perez drew:

The stars on the costume are wrong, the cut is wrong, and she lacks cleavage. As SOM pointed out. Cleavage. If you're not prepared to admit Perez's cleavage genius, then I cannot help you...

Hey, is that Grant Morrison's SSoV character in the corner?
The stars on the costume are wrong, the cut is wrong, and she lacks cleavage

My friend, in the mid 70s I was in middle school and I studied those Nick Cardy drawings of Wonder Girl...repeatedly.

Perez's costume is the same one. Maybe he changed the cleavage a little, but not to the point of making it a new costume.
As SOM pointed out. Cleavage. If you're not prepared to admit Perez's cleavage genius, then I cannot help you...
It's fine cleavage. I admit that. But I don't see how that makes it a new costume any more than drawing Wonder Woman's star spangled panties cut a higher would make Mike Deodato's drawings a new WW costume.
other than the cleavage, I will cede that point to G-Man on the basis of the second and third covers shown, but not the first, which was a somewhat different design.

Hey, is that Grant Morrison's SSoV character in the corner?

yes and no. yes, in the sense that he's taken on the identity of The Guardian and that he's black. no, in the sense that he's the Teen Titan member Mal Duncan, aka Gabriel aka Hornblower. . .yadda yadda yadda. . .
Didn't Changeling just wear the Doom Patrol costume? Probably refused to take it off after his mommy died.

no, Perez redesigned his costume, based on the old DP outfit for NTT.
and also, on the Justice League drawing that's the cover for the new Previews, Lee forgot to draw GL's power ring. \:lol\:
Hal's kept it up his ass for two years.
Space Bug Separation Anxiety
and also, on the Justice League drawing that's the cover for the new Previews, Lee forgot to draw GL's power ring. \:lol\:

\:lol\: I just noticed that this morning when I went and picked up my Doctor Who magazines! \:lol\:
Hal's kept it up his ass for two years.

he'd be damned if he was gonna let some Qwardian asshole take his boy's ring.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/18/d...1s-in-one-book/

Every issue from the relaunch for $150. They need to do this every month but digitally and for a lot cheaper.
Yeah, but when most of the books will probably suck and look like ass why pay $150?

Maybe I'm just an old, jaded grouch, but most of the 52 books I wouldn't touch.
The OCD completest in me wants all of them. It will probably suck to have the first part of 52 stories but it will be an interesting thing to hold onto.
Agreed.I was looking at this this afternoon and when the evening guy came into the comic shop,he looked and said "Who's gonna want that?"....at which point I glanced over and he's like..."....besides you,Al."
You know who really gets fucked in this whole maneuver? The Joker!
He Killed Jason Todd and he Paralyzed Barbara Gordon, and he ass raped Jim Gordon.

Does he at least get to keep the Jim Gordon ass raping? Without that ass raping all he'll have is laughing fish....
I read that The Killing Joke happened in the new continuity but Barbara Gordon is still batgirl. I haven't heard anything about Jim Gordon still having his beheimen.
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
Yeah, but when most of the books will probably suck and look like ass why pay $150?

Maybe I'm just an old, jaded grouch, but most of the 52 books I wouldn't touch.

Original cover and final cover with WW sans pants and back to star spangled panties.
I gotta go with pants on this one.For some reason the undies just don't look right with this outfit she's wearing.
It looks like GL has outfitted his penis with gatling guns.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/02/a...st-their-pants/
WW looked better in the black pants. JEEZUS Didio!!! What IS IT with you changing things already promoted (or published) at the last second?! Stop second-guessing yourself. Grow a pair and put the books out. If they suck, they suck. No amount of micromanaging people's PANTS are going to sell these things one way or the other.

Clearly, Quesada has now been surpassed in the incompetence department...
She could keep the pants and wear them on days that she forgets to shave her legs.
I know it's a sex sells thing, but in all actuality it makes sense that WW wouldn't shave at all. If she is a feminist Amazon you'd think she'd scoff at the sexual fetishism created by men in a board room or fashion house......or by the Victorian porn merchants.???

I'm just saying....

WW looked better in the black pants. JEEZUS Didio!!! What IS IT with you changing things already promoted (or published) at the last second?! Stop second-guessing yourself. Grow a pair and put the books out. If they suck, they suck. No amount of micromanaging people's PANTS are going to sell these things one way or the other.

Clearly, Quesada has now been surpassed in the incompetence department...

I seriously think that the Didiot and Quesaduh really have a gentleman's wager on who can shovel the most shit and still have the fanboys eating it up.
Brent Anderson's already stepping in on Action #2 to do five pages. I hope there's a reason for that in story and that Rags isn't already slipping behind.
DC says that Robin is Batman's intern program, "and a very intensive one at that."

The sex scandals in U.S. politics over the past twenty or more years related to interns, including one involving a closeted gay congressman, have made the word "intern" something of a loaded a term in the U.S.

With that in mind, does DC--a company that's spent the past fifty years fighting against the Dr. Wertham "Batman is a gay pedophile" slur--really want to conjure up the image of Batman having young male interns?

G-man finally found a reason to like Batman.
www.BatmanfucksRobinwhileSupermanwatches.com
http://www.BatmanIsGayForRobAndRobIsGayForBatmanAndG-ManIsJustGayForBatman.com
Brent Anderson's already stepping in on Action #2 to do five pages. I hope there's a reason for that in story and that Rags isn't already slipping behind.
It could be an origin or flashback story where they want to alter the art for a few pages.
It could be an origin or flashback story where they want to alter the art for a few pages.

I'm hoping it's something like that, for Rag's sake (and what little sanity Pro still has. . . )
Morales said it's because he did 29 pages for Action #1 that Anderson stepped in for 5 pages in Action #2.If they gotta use somebody to keep Morales on time,I'm glad it's Anderson.His art is fantastic.
Why's Superman's cape look so short? According to Morrision, the cape is Kal-El's "baby blanket" that he's had since he left his home planet as an infant.

Article from Gearlive

Quote:
There are those in the industry who track these kinds of things who believe that DC Comics has been making significant changes to the Superman character over the years in a continuing effort to thwart claims by the estates of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster about the character.

A good place to start with this story is at Comics Beat.

With DC’s newest relaunch/reboot/do-over of their universe this fall, they are making more changes to Superman, and it's not just his costume or his fresh L'il Abner look. A lot of the changes won't be clear until you actually read Action Comics #1, on sale September 7. I've read that first issue, and here are the Top Ten changes to Superman's mythology.

10. Able to leap Kim Kardashian’s butt in a single bound.

9. Fights for truth, justice and the Military/Industrial Complex’s way.

8. Bottle City of Kandahar.

7. Planet Krypton replaced by Planet Molybdenum

6. Krypto’s a rescue dog from Michael Vick’s backyard.

5. Ma Kent now a Thai ladyboy (It is a Grant Morrison story, after all)

4. Superman’s New Dominionist Villain: Lex Lutheran

3. Jimmy Olsen is big brother to Mary-Kate and Ashley

2. Lois Lane + Lana Lang = Lesbian Lovers

And the #1 change in the new Superman reboot:

1. Goodbye Yellow Sun - Superman now gets his powers from Big Oil

Not giving a shit about Superman since I was 10, I wonder how much of this is tongue-in-cheek and how much is real? We already know that #10 is kind of true since he can't fly, just jump really far. I wouldn't be surprised if #'s 9, 2, and 1 are true but the rest just sounds ridiculous.
And Gold Kryptonite turns Superman gay.
He can't fly in the first Action Comics arc which takes place in the past. He can still fly in the other book and JLA.
I believe he can touch the sky. I dream about it every night and day.
He can't fly in the first Action Comics arc which takes place in the past. He can still fly in the other book and JLA.

Are you being a continuity bitch?

Yeah ok. That is dumb.
Eh, it's the same thing John Byrne did. His powers developed over time. Is that really that baffling?
No I mean in one title he can fly, in another he can't.
Give Superman a break. The laws of physics behind kryptonian flight powers are as unpredictable as a Mxy's hidden passions.
Mxy's passions are clearly for shelves and sometimes for cheep blonde American whores.
Mxys love for those is greater than Leos was for Kate winslets boobies.
It's greater than Micheal Bay's love for explosions.
Send me an angel....
Send me an angel....

They did that in Supergirl.
Doog wins the internet....
Now there's an angel who makes me think of sin.

Not you,Pro.
Pro is an angel who makes you think of homobutt sex.
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
No I mean in one title he can fly, in another he can't.

That's exactly like when they were running Year One at the same time as the other Batman comics. In one comic he had a different costume, no Robin and Gordon had brown hair. I'm glad they didn't say "well that's dumb" and pull the plug on the series.
Its probably just who I follow on twitter and the websites I go to but there seems to be a huge amount of hype for the books coming out tonight. Its almost like a comic book movie premiere.
Lot of shops are reopening close to midnight for the 'premiere' of the new line. Fucking hell.
It''s only one comic. I'm looking forward to it,but I can wait until after work to get it.
way too much goddamn hype. some people think all the books are coming out tomorrow. stupid.
DC Comics Selling More After Renumbering Issues: The first issue of the new "Justice League" has sold more than 200,000 copies compared to the 46,000 it averaged for the final issues before the restart.

Okay. Now all DC has to do to maintain those "First Issue" sales numbers is reboot all 52 books every month.
Does this count digital sales or just hard copies? Cuz if it's combined can see DC hitting the 200,000 mark. Hell, their JLA #1 popped up on my phone as a download. If it did that to Android users too I could see it easily hitting 2 million.
Now they're officially saying that none of the Crisis stories happened. I think that's good, if only because it deletes Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis, but in that case why not just do a clean reboot?
I think the popularity of the Bat books kept them doing a full reboot. You have to remember that the reboot was because of the Superman court case. There were things they had to change due to legal reasons. The Superman books changed drastically, the Bat books didn't. Everything else was somewhere in between.
Now they're officially saying that none of the Crisis stories happened.
Hawk In the Hawk and Dove series mentioned Dove died in the Crisis.
Then it looks like they're retconning these #1s already.

I think the popularity of the Bat books kept them doing a full reboot. You have to remember that the reboot was because of the Superman court case. There were things they had to change due to legal reasons. The Superman books changed drastically, the Bat books didn't. Everything else was somewhere in between.

No, the Perez Superman book that came out this week had all that stuff.

If they didn't wanna lose the momentum in Batman and Green Lantern I think they should have just kept those books going in the old universe. They're using different Earths with JSA anyway.
Are they officially merging all the latest Crises with the original '86 Crisis somehow?
 Originally Posted By: Chewy Walrus
Are they officially merging all the latest Crises with the original '86 Crisis somehow?

The horror... THE HORROR!
In the combined Crisis, Anti-Monitorkseid raped Superboy Prime on the JLA satellite.
IN THE ASS.

What a twist!
IN THE ASS.

That's a given.

Raping Superboy Prime in the mouth is too much of a risk.
© RKMBs