RKMBs
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Spider Hero - 2013-11-01 10:58 AM
http://www.newsarama.com/19411-spoiler-a...ter-reveal.html

Blade in the Avengers? I'm kind of tired of vampires.

Posted By: klinton Re: Spider Hero - 2013-11-01 1:44 PM
Aye. This actually pisses me off a bit. Mighty Avengers is a fucking brilliant book thusfar. It's filling a niche, for starters, and doing it with above par story telling.

I hopped on to see more Falcon (love him!), but I've since been exposed to characters like Blue Marvel (who's original mini I tracked down and fully enjoyed), and been re-united with an improved Monica (previously Captain Marvel, now 'Spectrum').

Ewing adn Soule are currently my favorite mainstream comics writers. Everything they touch is gold. This series is no exception.

That said...Blade? I get that Marvel's trying to showcase thier black heroes. And that's cool. But no one likes Blade. Not even black people. Unless they offer up a panel of him staking Edward and/or Buffy...or he brings Spitfire along for the ride....I don't see the fucking point.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Spider Hero - 2013-11-01 3:56 PM
I kind of figured the character as an anti-hero, entirely unsuited to the Avengers. (Which is fine for Wolverine, as he is arguably Marvel's most popular character.)
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Spider Hero - 2013-11-01 4:08 PM
I like Blade, but they should keep him and his Dracula shit out of the mainstream superhero stories (kind of like what DC did with Constantine before JL Dark). He doesn't even need to be a superhero. Heck, Alucard from Hellsing is a savage beast but he still comes off as a protagonist.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Spider Hero - 2013-11-02 1:26 AM
I like Blade and I would like to see him do something besides fight vampires. Maybe this will work out.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Spider Hero - 2013-11-02 3:52 AM
Please don't post any of your Blade slash fiction, Lothar.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Spider Hero - 2013-11-02 5:13 AM
You should read his Scooby Doo love poetry!
© RKMBs