RKMBs
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Convergence - 2014-12-16 5:24 AM

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/dc-com...ftag=YHF6f45a36

Quote:
Written by DAN JURGENS and JEFF KING

Art and cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER

Advance solicit • On sale APRIL 1 • 40 pg, FC, $4.99 US RATED T

Where do worlds go when they die?

The Earthquakes felt round the Multiverse, Superman’s lost days after “Doomed,” the World’s End – all these points will converge as the history of the DCU is spun from a new perspective, the perspective of a mad god and his arrogant child. The biggest story in DC history ties into literally every DC story ever told – and it all begins here.

Kingdom Come, Red Son, Wild West Justice League, Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew – all the worlds you remember can still be found on Telos. Everything matters. Every story matters.

Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Convergence - 2014-12-16 5:59 AM
another big crossover event?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Convergence - 2014-12-16 7:14 AM
A crossover event about other crossover events that already went on way too long! And it's five bucks an issue!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Convergence - 2014-12-18 5:20 AM
The only way this would get interesting is if there was a secret plot twist that connected it to Marvel's crossover event about crossover events that already went on way too long, but they already said that's not the case.

I'm still getting the Wally Flash issue and probably Jurgens on Superman.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Convergence - 2014-12-18 5:38 AM
So far, the most original sounding thing about this crossover is that the title doesn't yet have the word "crisis" in it.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Convergence - 2014-12-18 10:25 AM
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk

I'm still getting the Wally Flash issue and probably Jurgens on Superman.

Those were good.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Convergence - 2014-12-19 9:34 PM
Isn't wally black now? This kinda sounds like the new secret wars..these companies have such crazy continuities now even the Editors haven't been able to keep them straight.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Convergence - 2014-12-20 4:36 AM
Considering that Iris is black on the TV series and Wally is Iris' nephew I'm not surprised.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Convergence - 2014-12-20 4:53 AM
TV and movies don't translate to any significant comic sales though. i think only the 1989 Batman movie had any true impact on comic sales.
So, making Marvel like the movies or DC like the movies is counter-productive. Especially since the screen adaptations use the books as source material. It shouldn't be the other way around.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Convergence - 2014-12-20 8:51 AM
New 52 Wally is black and on his first appearance he's defacing public property and insulting Barry (the issue was written by Wonder Boy) but for Convergence there's gonna be an issue with Old DCU Wally and his kids.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: Convergence - 2014-12-20 4:41 PM

\:lol\:

Just keepin' it real!
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Convergence - 2015-02-12 2:15 AM
Today at my comic shop I had to sign up for new DC titles because new 52 is going away and Convergence is replacing new 52 for at least eight weeks.

I'm guessing convergence is another reboot.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Convergence - 2015-02-12 2:39 AM
The NEWER 52!
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Convergence - 2015-02-12 3:54 AM
They should have made jor-el a toaster or a suitcase like marlon brando's vision of the character. You let me down DC.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Convergence - 2015-02-12 4:11 AM
They should have made Jor-El marlon brando.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Convergence - 2015-02-12 5:33 AM
Marjorion Brando el.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Convergence - 2015-02-12 12:21 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
Today at my comic shop I had to sign up for new DC titles because new 52 is going away and Convergence is replacing new 52 for at least eight weeks.

I'm guessing convergence is another reboot.

Industry chatter says that New 52 was a flop. I saw a list of the number of titles being cancelled - about a third of them. Hello, DC Implosion.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Convergence - 2015-03-14 3:02 AM
How Superman,Batman and Wonder Woman will look post Convergence

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/20...and-wonder.html

Superman looks more like Frank Castle than like Superman. Batman looks like the Tick. Wonder Woman putting on pants is nothing new.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Convergence - 2015-03-14 3:31 AM
Why are they so obsessed with depowering Superman
Posted By: the G-man Re: Convergence - 2015-03-14 4:59 AM
So DC is rebooting the reboot...

Superman is wearing the outfit that Morrison put him, in probably because DC thinks it's the outfit--and not the fact that Morrison is a superior Superman writer--that attracted fans to that aspect of the character.

Wonder woman's costume is probably something that Zack Snyder and whomever is in charge of the movie thought she should wear after B vs S.

Batman...that's not Batmsn. On a good day, that's an admission they want to rip off RD Jr. and Iron Man. Rest of the year that's CHAPPIE.

Fuck Geoff Johns. Fuck Jim Lee. Fuck them up their stupid asses. Put editorial in the hands of Dini and Timm or just sell it off to Disney- Marvel. Hell, give it to Adam West. Bottom line is the current clowns in charge have no idea how to handle these characters.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Convergence - 2015-03-14 8:33 AM
Hal Jordan, Par... err... Renegade

Quote:
A few spoilers ahead, but in issue #40 of GL, Hal steals the lantern gauntlets from Mogo and beats the heck out of Kilowog. He leaves, but this is the moment that makes him the Renegade and the new look matches it.

When will he stop shoving space bugs up his ass?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Convergence - 2015-03-14 3:42 PM
He's wearing a hoodie. Just hand George Zimmerman a yellow power ring and problem solved.
Posted By: Joey From Friends Re: Convergence - 2015-03-16 2:39 AM
Hasn't Hal beat the crap out of Killowog a couple times . Killowog really shouldn't hang around Jordan!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Convergence - 2015-03-16 3:30 AM
He has a crush on Hal.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Convergence - 2015-03-16 6:16 AM
Kilowog sticks around because he knows that it's his fault for doing something to set Hal off. Hal wouldn't do these kind of things to him if he'd just do as he was told.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Convergence - 2015-03-16 6:27 AM
Would Kilowog defend Hal's Internet honor?
Posted By: allan1 Re: Convergence - 2015-03-19 2:22 AM
Kilowog interview:
"Hal & I go way back y'know?. I mean...I trained the guy fer frack's sake. Best natural ring-slinger I ever trained y'know? What's that? Did I have any idea how it would turn out? No,no I didn't. I mean the whole Parallax space bug wasn't in the cards that's fer damn sure,not to mention him,y'know,killin' me. But I came back and Hal was Hal again and things were goin' alright there for a while. Then there was the whole Guardians goin' nuts and tryin' to murder us an' Hal,that crazy bastard,he really stepped up. Took charge of the Corps. Proud of him. That's when it started....the beatings I mean. I knew Hal was stressed. Who wouldn't be in his position? I was there for him y'know? At first it was just venting,then when I threw some advice his way,he just lost it. Smacked me around a bit. Didn't really hurt,physically, took me by surprise more'n anything. I didn't do anythin'....just,I dunno,stunned is what I was. I shrugged it off to blowin' off some steam. But then it became more regular,the beatings,the verbal abuse...I couldn't fight back though....just couldn't. I love that poozer. What's a poozer? It's just somethin' affectionate I call some of 'em. Sounds like what? Oh...heh,heh...yeah,no. Not that. This last time,beatin',whatever ya wanna call it,I asked fer it. I knew no one would believe I just walked into a door like the previous times. Not after Hal stole the gauntlets. So I told him to make it convincing an' he did....real good job too. No,I don't hold anythin' against him. I'll always be there for him...<sobs>...always.

End interview.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Convergence - 2015-03-23 11:48 AM
I mis-read this as:

Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
Why am I so obsessed with deflowering Superman
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Convergence - 2015-03-23 11:48 AM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Hal Jordan, Par... err... Renegade

Quote:
A few spoilers ahead, but in issue #40 of GL, Hal steals the lantern gauntlets from Mogo and beats the heck out of Kilowog. He leaves, but this is the moment that makes him the Renegade and the new look matches it.

When will he stop shoving space bugs up his ass?

Looks like he has a bad case of the Spectres again.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Convergence - 2015-04-18 11:49 PM
They couldn't wait until GL #48 to roll out that storyline for perfect symmetry?
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Convergence - 2015-04-20 8:21 AM
If you didn't know the character you'd think a homeless person has nicked the Infinity Gauntlet.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Convergence - 2015-04-29 2:45 AM
A man of color wearing a hoodie? Probably a rapist.
© RKMBs