RKMBs
Posted By: Matter-eater Man No Moore GOP - 2017-11-14 5:43 AM
If you're wondering why republicans are now being more vocal about wanting Moore to drop out I see polling showing Moore actually losing in a deep red state. The Elvis did it to defense isn't cutting it with real people.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-14 8:06 PM

The pre-emptive Republican criticism of Roy Moore's candidacy is coming from establishment/RINO Republicans like John McCain who never supported Trump or pro-Trump candidates like Moore in the first place.

I still don't see any actual evidence against Roy Moore that he actually flirted with/hit on/forced himself on any 13 or 14 year old girls. Just the ALLLEGATION unleashed that he did so 38 or 40 years ago.
An allegation conveniently unleashed right before an election, at a point strategically selected by smearmeisters where no Republican could selected as a replacement candidate. Roy Moore has roughly 50 years of life in various public appointed/elected positions, and NOW these allegations are suddenly unleashed?!
That is just TOO convenient for Democrats, for his establishment Republican opposition, and for the Orwellian Newspeak DNC-partisan media.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-14 8:09 PM

LOCAL MEDIA CONNECT ROY MOORE'S ACCUSER TO SEVERAL DNC CAMPAIGNS

Quote:
One of the women accusing Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexual impropriety reportedly worked as a sign language interpreter for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, a new report claims.

Deborah Wesson Gibson, who told The Washington Post that she briefly dated Moore when she was 17 and he was 34, founded the language interpreting company, Signs of Excellence, and has worked for a number of democratic campaigns, according to Alabama Local News.

The company’s Facebook page shows Gibson working for and posing with several Democrats at political rallies including 2016 presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, former Vice President Joe Biden, former Sen. Patrick Murphy, D-Fla., and Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla.

(more at link)
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-14 8:35 PM

ROY MOORE STORY UNRAVELING

Several of Moore's accusers, including a Washington Post reporter who drafted the hit-piece, have a record of crimes, deceitful actions, and false sexual allegations.

It's also worthy of note that the Washington Post itself early on endorsed Moore's Democrat opponent, and has launched multiple hit pieces on Moore prior to this hitting on young teens accusation. Third time's the charm for tha Washington Post, I guess...
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 3:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
If you're wondering why republicans are now being more vocal about wanting Moore to drop out I see polling showing Moore actually losing in a deep red state. The Elvis did it to defense isn't cutting it with real people.

I think the Moore coverage is great. You have the left, including people at The NY Times, realizing that intellectual consistency demands they call out Bill Clinton as a rapist and Hillary as his enabler.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 4:26 AM
Years of excusing Bill Clinton’s sexual misconduct suddenly seems morally indefensible: Democrats and liberal pundits are reckoning publicly with their own history of fervid rationalizations on behalf of a recent president.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 6:00 AM
G & WB can't even say a 30 yr old going after a 14 yr old is wrong. You are part of the problem imho
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 7:19 AM
I can see it if it's proven that Roy Moore did have sex with an under-age girl. Even proving that Moore only made advances on these girls would be creepy, although not a crime. In one case, Moore (in a Sean Hannity interview) alleges a girl's mother encouraged her daughter to go out with Moore!

All I see are allegations. I don't see any evidence, and 38 years is a very long time ago. In 1979, I was a sophomore in high school, working my first job as a busboy. Beyond that, a lot of the details are lost to me.

I didn't believe the sudden sexual allegations that emerged similarly against Herman Cain, that emerged just when he became front runner in the GOP primary.
One of Moore's key accusers worked for the Hillary Clinton campaign, and other DNC campaigns! These allegations, emerging right now, are just WAY too convenient. There were 38 years of Moore's political career these allegations could be made, they are very suspect emerging in a cluster at this precise time, right before the election.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 7:44 AM

THE TOP SEVEN KENNEDY SEX SCANDALS

Quote:
As Ted Kennedy's malignant brain tumor became public knowledge, opponents, friends, and pundits rushed to laud his accomplishments. Serving in the Senate since 1962, Ted Kennedy has been one of our most accomplished legislators. He has a big heart, works hard, and is extremely knowledgeable about both legislative content and procedure. Sometimes Kennedy (as when he vehemently opposed entering the war in Iraq) seems like the only American politician who can speak his mind freely. His efforts on behalf of those without privilege or power - as in the case of health care - are especially important and admirable.

Little has been said about his prior legal, marital, and ethical lapses, on the other hand. These are typical omissions in polite society. (I wonder if supporters feel that if they don't remind God of his lapses, Kennedy is more likely to get into Heaven.) However, as scientists of the mind, we at PT blogs are obligated to consider the entire range of human behavior. And the various Kennedys' sexual misdeeds are so notable that they raise - once again - the question of the relationship between power, recklessness, and sex. (See Why Politicians Get Laid More - the Low Road to the High Life, Sex Addicts Anonymous Meeting, Politicians' Division, and Edwards' confession shows us just how nutty and narcissistic he is.)

Here, in reverse order of importance, are the top seven Kennedy sex scandals:

7. Joe Kennedy, son of Robert Kennedy and former Congressman, secretly had his 12-year marriage to Sheila Rauch annulled by the Vatican. Rauch only found out about the annulment years later, after Kennedy remarried. She wrote a very angry book about the experience, Shattered Faith, since the Church's decreeing that the marriage never existed left her twin sons in everlasting limbo. Rauch pointed out that only powerful people like the Kennedy's could unilaterally cancel 12 years of marriage. (This raises the question of whether the Church can gain entry to Heaven for powerful people who have sinned.)

6. One of the storied political couplings of the twentieth century was between Andrew Cuomo, son of former New York Governor Mario Cuomo, and Kerry Kennedy, daughter of Robert Kennedy. The younger Cuomo was forced to withdraw his own bid for the governorship (although he is now the governor of New York) in 2002 when it was revealed that his wife, to whom he had been married 13 years and with whom he had three daughters, had been having a long-term affair with a married man. Kerry Kennedy's philandering shows that Kennedy disregard for marital niceties extends to the distaff side of the family as well.

5. An extremely unappetizing Kennedy scandal involved Joe's brother and campaign manager, Michael. Like his brother and sister, Michael was stably married with children when it was revealed he had been having an affair with a family babysitter, beginning when the girl was 14! This, of course, is a crime that would get a non-Kennedy registered as a sexual predator. For some reason (perhaps bribery and threats to her and her family), the girl refused to press charges, and Kennedy entered treatment for sex and alcohol addiction. Michael Kennedy had been keeping an extremely low profile when he died in an accident on a family skiing trip.

4. All of these scandals concerned third-generation Kennedy's. But the stories of sexual assaults, infidelity, and religious hypocrisy began with the family's patriarch, Joe Kennedy. In Swanson on Swanson, silent screen star Gloria Swanson revealed having an affair with Kennedy when, she claimed, he forced himself on her during his business trips to Hollywood when he left his saintly wife, Rose, at home in Massachusetts. (Swanson was most pissed off that, despite his legendary financial acumen, Joe lost a ton of her dough.) Other Kennedy family historians report that the elder Kennedy made advances on his sons' girlfriends!

3. Back to the younger Kennedy's, in 1991 Kennedy nephew William Smith was charged with rape while staying with uncle Teddy in the family's seaside estate in Palm Beach, FL. The woman claimed she met Smith at a night club at which he was accompanied by Ted Kennedy and his son, Patrick. Later, while ostensibly showing her around the estate, Smith began pursuing and pawing her as she tried to escape. Other women were found who described having similar experiences with the Kennedy nephew, but Smith was acquitted.

2. Both President Jack Kennedy - whose sexual escapades were legendary - and younger brother Bobby had closely contiguous sexual liaisons with Marilyn Monroe. Numerous conspiracy theories have been developed around the Kennedys' involvement in Monroe's death, which occurred in the aftermath of these affairs. At a minimum, the relationships were extremely damaging to Monroe's fragile mental health.

1. What could most interfere with Ted Kennedy's passage to Heaven (as it frustrated his aspirations to be president) was his involvement in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. Following a party with six young female campaign workers on the island of Chappaquiddick, Kennedy was giving Kopechne a ride back to her hotel when he drove off a bridge. Kopechne drowned in the car, and Kennedy left the scene to consult with Kennedy family advisers. In fact, he never reported the incident, which was discovered independently the next morning! Kennedy was charged only with leaving the scene of an accident.

Of course, you and I can wonder how our lives would have been derailed if we were involved in a situation like this (Kennedy was married). But the Kennedy's are not deterred by such experiences, as the subsequent actions of his nephews and niece indicate. Are there separate rules - both legal and psychological - for people like the Kennedy's?

Gee, I missed when M E M ever objected to these and other well-known Kennedy family mistreatment/exploitation/assaults of women. And this is far rom a complete list.

I used to date a conservative girl from Boston, who said the city was divided into two factions, one who worshipped the Kennedys as American royalty, and the other faction who despised the Kennedys for their arrogance and abused political power, and that every detail of the Kennedy family's lives were constantly in the local papers. She said that Ted Kennedy in particular had a large court of lackeys looking for favors, who supplied Ted Kennedy with a steady stream of beautiful 25-year-olds in exchange for political favors he exchanged.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 3:23 PM
It's no surprise that g & yourself would make this about the other side. I always thought adultery was wrong. Moore is alleged to have gone into pedo territory though and because he's a republican in a deep red state he has a good chance of winning. You guys attack the people making the allegations, the media that reports it and even the republicans who are speaking up. You are the enablers
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 4:24 PM
G & WB can't even say a 30 yr old going after a 14 yr old is wrong. You are part of the problem imho

Where did I say that? I clearly indicated that I appreciated how Moore's alleged misdeeds were prompting people on the left to explore Bill Clinton's.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 5:32 PM
It's no surprise that g & yourself would make this about the other side. I always thought adultery was wrong. Moore is alleged to have gone into pedo territory though and because he's a republican in a deep red state he has a good chance of winning. You guys attack the people making the allegations, the media that reports it and even the republicans who are speaking up. You are the enablers

If it's TRUE I'll condemn it. But what I see is last minute allegations conveniently unleashed right before an election, where Republicans don't even have the option to launch a replacement candidate.

I'm open to the possibility that the allegations could be true, and that Moore's answers on the subject have at times been a bit awkward. But assuming he is innocent, could anyone have perfect recollection and can speak with absolute precision and confidence and not hum and haw a bit as to what happened about events from 38 years ago?

I still don't see the reason of prematurely calling for Roy Moore to drop out from Republicans, before any investigation has been done. In the cases of Ted Kennedy, Gerry Studds, Bill Clinton and many other Democrats, even when the facts were clearly known that far exceeded the allegations against Roy Moore, there were no calls from Democrats for these men to resign.
Double standard.

And the people of Alabama are NOT making the decision to stand by Roy Moore "because they support a pedophile just so Republicans can have another seat." They stand by Moore because they see the allegations as false, as a last-minute DNC/liberal trick to leverage Moore out of the election.
AGAIN: Roy Moore has been in public life for 38 years, and been through multiple elections and appointments. It is highly suspect that all of a sudden 5 women who don't even know each other suddenly ALL came forward with allegations, at the point most advantageous to Democrats in the election, when no Republican could even be selected to replace Moore even if he dropped out. I see (as do Alabama voters) the puppet strings of the DNC, and the DNC-auxiliary PR-wing liberal media, orchestrating all these women to come forward, at this precise time.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 7:17 PM
You are the enablers

Says the guy who's spent approximately 25 years carrying water for Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Speaking of Bill...

Bill Clinton should have resigned: What he did to Monica Lewinsky was wrong, and he should have paid the price.

NOW they admit this.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-15 9:10 PM

It began just 6 days ago with this story in the Washington Post:

WOMAN SAYS ROY MOORE INITIATED SEXUAL ENCOUNTER WITH HER WHEN SHE WAS 14, HE WAS 32

Bottom line:

Quote:
Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.

Again, the Washington Post is a newspaper that already endorsed Roy Moore's opponent long ago, and has launched several other hit pieces against Moore prior to this one.

And one of his accusers worked for the Hillary Clinton campaign and multiple other Democrat campaigns. There is arguable ulterior motive and bias in both the accusers, and in the liberal media reporting it, and even in McCain, McConnell, and other establishment Republicans who have piled on.

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-16 5:15 AM
More women come forward
I think we have our next GOP presidential candidate!
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-19 4:23 AM

NEW TWISTS IN ROY MOORE SCANDAL, MOORE'S LAWYER HITS BACK, MORE ACCUSERS EMERGE

Quote:
Late Wednesday, the Washington Post published accounts by two more women who claimed Moore accosted them in the late-1970s, when Moore was an assistant district attorney in his early 30s.

One of the women, Gena Richardson, told the Post that when she refused to give Moore her phone number, he called her high school to ask her out on a date. She eventually agreed to go out with Moore and said he ended the date by giving her a "forceful" kiss.

The other woman, then-22-year-old Becky Gray, said that Moore repeatedly asked her out and lingered near her in a way that made her uncomfortable. When she complained to her manager, she was told it was "not the first time he had a complaint about [Moore] hanging out at the mall."

Once again, even if the allegations are entirely true, I don't see that anything alleged was particularly bad and disqualifying. In 1983, my brother and I were friends with a girl named Sheri, and there was a guy named Tom who was interested in her. He was interested, she wasn't, and this guy would show up at her house and wait for hours in her driveway for Sheri to come home, in his attempt to express a passionate interest in her. He was non-threatening, an intense and sincere guy, he was a bit weird in this, but I wouldn't quite call it creepy. After a while of her not being responsive, he eventually went on his way.

Guys do weird stuff in their attempt to date women they're interested in. I think we've all had a girl we were interested in where we went by their work in a mall-type environment as a way to have a conversation and get something going. Or arranged a "coincidence" where we would cross paths with them to have a conversation and ask them out on a date. I recall a Seinfeld episode or two where Seinfeld or George did this.
I think most of us have at one time or another in our teens or 20's have, short of stalking, expressed a similar strong interest in a girl, where our advances were not well received. If a girl's into you, it's admirable. If she doesn't have mutual interest, it's uncomfortable and arguably creepy.

The "creepy" that is trying to be projected in this media attack was initially because he was allegedly pursuing under-age women. But most of these girls were around 18, one of Moore's latest accusers was 22 at the time. And it's certainly not unheard of for guys to date younger women, or at least express some excitement at the prospect. On one occasion in 2006 when I was 43, a Brazilian receptionist in my office said "I think my best friend would be perfect for you". It turned out she was 23, and we went out for about 3 weeks.

While I haven't, I've known many guys over the years who were in their mid-20's or older and dated 17 or 18 year olds. A girl I used to live next door to at 25 married a financial investment guy who was 52. I've seen her several times in the last year, she's now 54 and they're still married, with a son. She was 21 when they started dating and worked in a tennis shop at the Boca Resort and Club, and he was a club member.

Again the examples of Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis. These are guys who had sexual relationships with and married under age women. VERY under age. And yet they were not vilified the way Roy Moore is.

ALL these examples with Moore are from about 38 years ago, and I'd think if they were true, if this was consistent predatory behavior of Roy Moore's, there'd be a lot more women coming forward to say the same happened to them in the last 38 years. But oddly, ALL these allegations are from decades ago.

I don't see that any of these, even if true, rise to the level of rape, assault, or statutory rape. Not even close.

But has anyone else noted the similarity of this to the allegations launched systematically against Trump in the concluding weeks of the 2016 election? Similarly, there were decades-old allegations of Trump groping women that just came out of nowhere, Trump enemies, both Democrat and Republican, who said it was disqualifying and he should resign as a candidate.

I think the Democrats/liberal media have discovered a vile new formula, to attack Republicans with the most humiliating of allegations, and either force them to drop out, or damage them badly in the last weeks of a campaign to enhance their chances of winning. And I fully expect to see this continue to be a Democrat/liberal media tactic in elections going forward, regardless of the outcome.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-21 11:42 PM

Moore's lawyers just had a press conference, detailing the inconsistencies in the allegations of Moore's female accusers. Details they said were easily verified as false, but that the liberal media --of course!-- just didn't.

• Moore's then-14-year-old accuser had behavioral problems at that time, to the point that her mother (in verified court documents) transferred custody to the girl's recently remarried father, and away from her mother.
  • A waitress who worked in the restaurant where Moore allegedly hit on underage girls and was well known for doing so, said she worked in the restaurant in question for 3 years and never saw or heard of Moore there.
  • The restaurant in question hired no girls younger than 16, disproving the allegation that Moore hit on girls there who were 14 and 15.
  • The 14 year old girl alleges that she took phone calls from Moore in her bedroom. But in statements of the mother, the girl never had a phone in her room.

Other inconsistencies, but you get the gist of it. The contradictions are easily seen, but the media has no appetite for any facts that would clear Moore and help his election chances.

Trish Regan earlier today said that Moore can be criticized on his record and not upholding the Constitution, bending the rules to suit his own agenda, and that is verifiable fact that Moore could be more validly criticized on, rather than the less verifiable salacious teen sex allegations.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-22 5:52 PM
If Roy Moore wins, thank Gloria Allred and Al Franken:
  • If there was a turning point in Roy Moore’s political fortunes, it was the press conference Gloria Allred held with accuser Beverly Nelson, who emotionally described what she said was a sexual assault behind a diner at which she worked.

That press conference gave Moore two things he needed politically: a chance to make Allred an issue in the campaign, and a piece of physical evidence to attack, the handwriting in the yearbook.

A second turning point was the accusations, with photo proof, against Democrat Senator Al Franken.

The Franken scandal took the wind out of the attacks on Moore. Now with John Conyers in the spotlight for settling sexual harassment claims, it’s “a pox on all their houses” atmosphere. That only helps Moore.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-22 8:29 PM
In 2006, Democrat/liberal media accusations against Rep. Mark Foley (R-FL), which were likewise held for a year to launch in the final election weeks as an October surprise, allowed Democrats to smear the entire party as a "culture of corruption".

But now...

This narrative, however cunningly orchestrated against Moore, has blown up in their faces, where with Sen Al Franken, Rep. Conyers and others, manifests that the far greater corruption (and complete lack of ethics, as manifested by the IRS weaponized to attack Obama/Hillary opposition, FISA manipulations to do surveillance on Trump officials before AND after Nov 2016, the Hillary Clinton campaign, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Donna Brazile, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, James Comey, Rod Rosenstein, Robert Meuller and his special investigative committee packed with huge DNC political donors, on and on) is on the Democrat side.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-23 3:06 AM
Yeah, the guy is a pedo and has a good chance of winning in Alabama. That's your party these days. If you don't like the news you call it fake. Victims are liars. And it's always somebody else's fault. I don't think those are very good values or principles to be honest. This does remind me a bit of 2006 but instead of W you have the big fat orange turd just rutting in all the awfulness. Hope we can fix things after it all crashes
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-23 5:55 AM
Yeah, the guy is a pedo and has a good chance of winning in Alabama. That's your party these days. If you don't like the news you call it fake. Victims are liars. And it's always somebody else's fault. I don't think those are very good values or principles to be honest. This does remind me a bit of 2006 but instead of W you have the big fat orange turd just rutting in all the awfulness. Hope we can fix things after it all crashes

Originally Posted By: WB

If it's TRUE I'll condemn it. But what I see is last minute allegations conveniently unleashed right before an election, where Republicans don't even have the option to launch a replacement candidate.

I'm open to the possibility that the allegations could be true, and that Moore's answers on the subject have at times been a bit awkward. But assuming he is innocent, could anyone have perfect recollection and can speak with absolute precision and confidence and not hum and haw a bit as to what happened about events from 38 years ago?

I still don't see the reason of prematurely calling for Roy Moore to drop out from Republicans, before any investigation has been done. In the cases of Ted Kennedy, Gerry Studds, Bill Clinton and many other Democrats, even when the facts were clearly known that far exceeded the allegations against Roy Moore, there were no calls from Democrats for these men to resign.
Double standard.

And the people of Alabama are NOT making the decision to stand by Roy Moore "because they support a pedophile just so Republicans can have another seat." They stand by Moore because they see the allegations as false, as a last-minute DNC/liberal trick to leverage Moore out of the election.
AGAIN: Roy Moore has been in public life for 38 years, and been through multiple elections and appointments. It is highly suspect that all of a sudden 5 women who don't even know each other suddenly ALL came forward with allegations, at the point most advantageous to Democrats in the election, when no Republican could even be selected to replace Moore even if he dropped out. I see (as do Alabama voters) the puppet strings of the DNC, and the DNC-auxiliary PR-wing liberal media, orchestrating all these women to come forward, at this precise time.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-23 5:58 AM
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

Moore's lawyers just had a press conference, detailing the inconsistencies in the allegations of Moore's female accusers. Details they said were easily verified as false, but that the liberal media --of course!-- just didn't.

• Moore's then-14-year-old accuser had behavioral problems at that time, to the point that her mother (in verified court documents) transferred custody to the girl's recently remarried father, and away from her mother.
  • A waitress who worked in the restaurant where Moore allegedly hit on underage girls and was well known for doing so, said she worked in the restaurant in question for 3 years and never saw or heard of Moore there.
  • The restaurant in question hired no girls younger than 16, disproving the allegation that Moore hit on girls there who were 14 and 15.
  • The 14 year old girl alleges that she took phone calls from Moore in her bedroom. But in statements of the mother, the girl never had a phone in her room.

Other inconsistencies, but you get the gist of it. The contradictions are easily seen, but the media has no appetite for any facts that would clear Moore and help his election chances.

Trish Regan earlier today said that Moore can be criticized on his record and not upholding the Constitution, bending the rules to suit his own agenda, and that is verifiable fact that Moore could be more validly criticized on, rather than the less verifiable salacious teen sex allegations.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-30 6:54 AM

2 NEW SENATE POLLS HAVE ROY MOORE LEADING OVER DOUG JONES
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-30 7:08 AM
Yep wouldn't be surprised. Alabama is very republican and after Trump the bar is lower than ever. yay for all the conservative pedo's out there I guess
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-30 2:22 PM

Yay for Alabama voters' pushback against the vilest of collaborative liberal media/DNC attacks as a consistent new tactic against Republican candidates.

These are the EXACT tactics used against Trump, releasing an orchestrated collection of the vilest sexual allegations in the final weeks of a campaign, to smear the Republican candidate. And the inconsistencies in the allegations are completely ignored by the liberal media to try and push their guy over the top, journalistic ethics be damned. As Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Donna Brazile and pretty much the entire DNC leadership have demonstrated, the Democrats have absolutely no ethics, will break any law, and do absolutely anything to win.

Would that they were human enough to be capable of shame.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-30 3:14 PM
So in your view Trump isn't responsible for bragging about how his status allows him to commit sexual assault and all the women that came forward were somehow lying and part of a conspiracy to make him look bad? Again not surprised a republican pedo has a chance of winning these days.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-11-30 3:46 PM
So in your view Trump isn't responsible for bragging about how his status allows him to commit sexual assault and all the women that came forward were somehow lying and part of a conspiracy to make him look bad? Again not surprised a republican pedo has a chance of winning these days.

Already asked and answered, M E M.

Trump, caught by a hidden camera TWELVE YEARS AGO long before he was a presidential candidate, and with no knowledge or consciousness that he was being recorded, and therefore had no reason to choose his words carefully, said that when you're famous, beautiful women want to be around you, and that (unlike many of his liberal accusers such as Al Franken, John Conyers, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein, etc.) Trump only said he took advantage of what these women consentually allowed him to do. Even if he actually did what he said. And there is no evidence or women coming forward to say he ever did that, rather than just bragged he could if he wanted to.
The allegations unleashed on Trump in Oct 2016 (like those against Roy Moore) were orchestratedly launched a week or so after that Access Hollywood bus conversation was made public, were all from four decades ago and are unsubstantiated. If they were true, and it was an actual pattern of behavior Trump (or Moore) were engaged in, there would be many more women coming forward across the more recent decades up to the present. I don't believe the allegations, they are too convenient and too orchestrated in the weeks immediately before the election.

Just as the voters of Alabama don't believe them. They see through the orchestrated liberal media/DNC deception. That this is calculated to smear and damage a candidate in the final weeks, to win an election through dirty means that bypass the issues.
It didn't work on Trump.
And it pleases me that it doesn't seem to be working on Moore either.

You endorse the vilest deceptions of your party, and repeat their lying talking points.
Alabama voters don't "support child molesters just to get a Republican seat." They see the deception of the liberal media/DNC and reject the false accusation of Moore being a child molester, where the liberal media won't even air Moore's lawyers exposing the false testimony of Moore's accusers, as I detailed above. The liberal media won't air those facts, in their partisan attempt to destroy Moore and get his Democrat opponent elected.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-01 6:11 AM
Yep if it's a republican you don't believe the accusations, got that loud and clear. Trump threatened to sue any women that came forward and they still came forward.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-01 6:24 AM
Yep if it's a republican you don't believe the accusations, got that loud and clear. Trump threatened to sue any women that came forward and they still came forward.

Notice you haven't been saying much about Franken and Conyers.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-01 7:20 AM
You have that covered g. I'm sure you will stay focused on it. You get quiet when it involves republicans picking up 14 yr olds though. And he's probably going to get elected as a member of your party. I think people like you and WB deserve some credit.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-01 5:06 PM
What I notice is that Republicans are convicted by the liberal media on allegations without evidence, and when that minimal level of accusation without evidence is made about a Democrat, the liberal media doesn't even want to report it.

There is no question of Franken and Conyers' guilt.

In the case of Roy Moore and Trump, there are only allegations, from forty years ago, that they completely reject as false. And plenty of contradicting evidence that puts lie to the accusations, as I laid out above. In the same situation with Anthony Weiner, the press didn't want to report it. Only when Breitbart was ready to release hundreds of Weiner's own penis selfies and his recorded sext messages did the media even report it!
Double standard, all the way.

Even when EVERYTHING was proven about Weiner, MRC.org counted twice as many stories in the media about the UNPROVEN allegations against Herman Cain, as they did about the PROVEN allegations about Weiner. Absolute fact.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-02 5:12 AM
Even the RNC isn't supporting him WB. This isn't a conspiracy against a republican but a deal where enough women have come forward with credible claims. Enough where even Trump is at least saying he won't campaign for him even though he is. Much like the Nazi flag you and others are making pedophile feel very welcome in your party.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-03 1:03 AM

Even A FEW of the Republicans are not supporting him. Establishment Republicans like McCain and McConnell, who never supported Moore from the outset, and tried to prevent Moore from previously winning the Republican primary, long before this Washington Post hit piece.
McCain and McConnell called for Moore to drop out, but did NOT call for Al Franken, with far more incriminating evidence to drop out! It seems pretty clear they are supporting something other than the GOP's best interest.
The RNC cut off funding support for Moore to cover their own asses when the allegations first came out, and the facts were not known.

But since then, Moore has recovered and surged in the polls. And Moore's lawyers have exposed the lies and inconsistencies of Moore's accusers. Which, of course, the liberal media will not report, in their partisan liberal media effort to get Moore's Democrat opponent elected.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-03 4:39 PM
Is it truthful to paint it as a few republicans not supporting Moore when the RNC itself isn't supporting Moore? And while he can win the polling shows it's far from certain. Moore' lawyer has certainly accused all the accusers as lying but there hasn't been actual proof.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-06 2:43 PM

WHY ROY MOORE IS SURGING IN ALABAMA

Quote:

One of the first lessons I learned as a young GOP political flack was this: Nothing is good or bad, except by comparison. Democrats hoping to beat Judge Roy Moore and pick up that Alabama senate seat are likely to re-learn that lesson one week from today.

The hard way.

On paper, Judge Roy Moore's campaign is a fiasco. He's been credibly accused of sexual misconduct with minors. Multiple accusers have laid out a pattern of sexual pressure on women over whom the former District Attorney had power. And his campaign has taken the unusual step of aggressively calling the alleged victims liars, political plotters, or both.

"Don't attack women who are possible victims of sexual assault" is one of those other things I learned as a campaign consultant. Add the daily media savaging of Moore's candidacy and the current conversation about sexual harassment and Democrats should be on the verge of victory, right?

Only they're not.

The latest RealClearPolitics polling average has Moore leading Democrat Doug Jones by an average of 2.6 percent, almost doubling his margin for most of November, when the news of alleged sexual misbehavior broke. More significant for Moore is that the most recent polls tend to give him the larger leads.

The latest CBS News poll reflects the broader trend: While the race is neck-and-neck among Alabama registered voters in general, "Moore leads 49 percent to 43 percent among the likely voters who are most apt to vote on Dec. 12," CBS reports. The poll also finds more than 80 percent of Republicans plan to vote for their party's candidate and "a higher number of Moore's backers call themselves definite voters than do Jones' backers"

As one Republican politico told me not long ago: "Moore's voters have Election Day circled in red on the kitchen calendar."

So, the candidate with the most baggage is also the one with the most passionate support. Sound familiar? If you were watching the Trump campaign last year, it should.

The interesting question is how Moore went from a candidate who appeared on the verge of dropping out of the race to next week's likely winner. Some pragmatic analysts point to the mechanics of the election—there simply wasn't enough time after the allegations surfaced for the GOP to replace Moore on the ballot—and that's certainly part of the story.

But more significant is that first lesson: comparisons. And the Moore campaign has benefitted from some very helpful ones in the past two weeks.

THE DOUG JONES MATCH-UP

For tough-on-crime southern conservatives, there's a lot to like about former prosecutor and Democratic candidate Doug Jones' record. As a U.S. attorney, he convicted Ku Klux Klan bombers and Olympic Park terrorist Eric Robert Rudolph. But after that, it's hard to find natural overlap between the red-state Alabama voters and Jones.

Jones is pro-abortion in a very anti-abortion state. Nearly 60 percent of Alabamans told CBS News they think abortion should be illegal. Jones also opposes the Trump border wall, another idea that's popular in deep-red Alabama.

"Who was an Obama delegate?" Judge Moore's wife, Kayla, likes to ask on the campaign trail. "Who is for full-term abortion? Who is for more gun restrictions? Who is for transgender bathrooms?"

It's not a winning comparison for Jones in Alabama.

If Democrats had nominated a more centrist, or even a pro-life candidate, this race might look different. But they didn't.

THE MOORE VS. FRANKEN/CONYERS MATCH-UP

It's not just Moore's campaign that's helping voters get over the character questions. Democrats have lent a hand as well. In the weeks since the disturbing allegations that Moore may have used physical force against women in 1980, and may even have had sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl, a slew of allegations have arisen against both Democratic office-holders and liberal media figures.

Worse for Doug Jones, Democratic leadership has not handled the issues well. Sen. Al Franken offered a few confusing apologies but is back at work with little pressure to resign. The longest-serving man in Congress, Rep. John Conyers, was called an "icon" by Nancy Pelosi soon after allegations of sexual harassment were made public (she has since changed her position and called on Conyers to resign, which he did on Tuesday).

Compared to the behavior voters would like to be able to expect from elected officials, Judge Moore's actions seem all-but-unforgiveable. But compared to the current crop of scandals from across the partisan aisle, Moore is just another bad actor among many.

In addition, the confusing messages from Democrats on the broader issue of sexual harassment create a climate in which its easier for voters to justify support for a candidate like Moore. Perhaps the most astonishing number from the CBS News poll: 71 percent of Republicans claim they believe the allegations against Roy Moore are false -- an invention of Democrats, the media, or both. Based on the number of allegations and the thorough reporting, this may seem like a mind-bendingly high level of self-deception.

But in 1999, just after the impeachment and acquittal of President Bill Clinton, when knowledge of his bad behavior was at its peak, his job approval among Democrats hit 92 percent. This is the power of partisanship: If you can get your voters to compare you to your opponents based on party, they can often find a way to believe what they must to give you their support.

THE TRUMP MATCH-UP

Over the weekend, Donald Trump hit the highest "disapproval" number for a president ever recorded by Gallup: 62 percent. But apparently nobody told Alabama, where he's got a 57 percent approval rating among all voters and a staggering 96 percent approval among Republicans. Judge Moore has always been the "Trump" candidate in Alabama, even when Trump endorsed his opponent Luther Strange in the primary. Moore has the anti-establishment, shoot-from-the-hip Trump style and Alabama Republicans knew it.

President Trump has now publicly thrown his support behind Moore, even calling him from the White House on Monday to offer a "Go get 'em, Roy!"

It's true that Moore's lead is very small for a Republican in Alabama. It's true that Trump beat Hillary Clinton there by nearly 30 percent. So compared to other Republicans, Moore is struggling.

The problem for Democrats is that he isn't running against a Republican.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-06 3:07 PM

And by the way, the GOP has restored funding of Roy Moore's campaign.

Unlike the writer of the above opinion piece, I (like Alabama voters) don't believe the allegations against Moore.

As I cited above, Moore's lawyers had a press conference exposing the inconsistencies in the statements of Moore's accusers, that can easily be verified by court documents. And despite that the liberal media will not report on that press conference and those glaring inconsistencies that are easily verifiable if [liberal] reporters didn't want to hurt Moore's campaign, Alabama voters still intuitively know the charges are false.

It's not a case of slipping one by the voters as this opinion piece suggests, it's a case of seeing an orchestrated smear job (in exactly the same pattern that the DNC unleashed on Trump in Oct 2016!) for what it is.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-07 3:34 PM
You may have noticed there's a huge movement of those sexually harassed coming forward against powerful people. When it's a republican politician apparently it's all lies and orchestrated. Get the pedo elected. It's fitting with Trump in office.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-08 7:08 PM
ABC News reports Beverly Young Nelson will have a news conference later today. In this interview, she indicates that she added the date/location to the yearbook but maintains the signature is Roy Moore's.

How is Gloria Allred still a lawyer, again? Even if every other accuser is 100% truthful this stunt probably just helped put Moore over the top.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-09 3:23 AM
Moore had rebounded in the polls before this. Trump and the RNC signed on before this. And it's not a case of he said she said but as with Franken to many woman have come forward with credible stories. It's a talking point for those that were already supporting Moore already. I'll point out that in this thread it's not the pedophile that you have criticism for but Gloria Allred.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-09 7:42 AM
Gloria Allred just made it less likely legitimate sex abuse victims will be believed by, in all likelihood, supporting the proffer of forged evidence and false statements.

Not just in the Moore case but in general.

If you want to defend someone like that, it's on you.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-09 9:00 AM
This "addition" to Roy Moore's signing of her yearbook is significant, because hers were the most salacious allegations of Roy Moore's accusers. She said she was 14, and Roy Moore roughly kissed her and grabbed at her private parts. This forced clarification on her part puts in question everything she alleged about Roy Moore.

In addition, the inconsistencies I cited earlier:

• She alleged he picked her up at her mother's house, but court orders show she was a rebellious girl with disciplinary problems, to the point that custody at that time was taken away from her mother, and she was living with her father. But she alleged Moore would pick her up on the other side of town, at her mother's house.
  • She alleged that she would take phone calls from Moore in her room. But court transcripts from 1979 have her mother clearly saying she did not have a phone in her bedroom.
  • At the mall where Moore was allegedly trolling for under-age girls, the mall allegedly banned him from there, with the threat the police would be called if he showed up there. But the guy who was the mall manager said that NEVER HAPPENED, and there was no such restraint on him coming to the mall. I find it hard to believe he could remain an assistant district attorney if it were true
  • Likewise, a waitress from 1977-1979 who worked with all the girls allegedly hit on said despite being employed there 3 years through that exact period, she never saw Moore there, or heard anything about him from her co-workers.

So while not as publicized, the inconsistencies abound about Moore's accusers. And I, like the majority of Alabama voters, don't believe the accusations, and consider them a politically timed hit job.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-09 9:25 AM
You may have noticed there's a huge movement of those sexually harassed coming forward against powerful people. When it's a republican politician apparently it's all lies and orchestrated. Get the pedo elected. It's fitting with Trump in office.

It would have been even more fitting when Bill Clinton was in office. Who has legitimately been accused of rape, sexual harassment as governor, and more recently sex with under-age girls on "pedophile island" alongside his pedophile billionaire buddy, where Bill Clinton temporarily abandoned his Secret Service agents to hide his activities.
Bill Clinton, who was disbarred for perjury and fined almost $100,000.
And Hillary Clinton, who knew the accusations were true, but led the charge to destroy Bill Clinton's accusers, despite that Hillary knew the truth.
Or perhaps we could discuss the huge donations from muslim nations to the Clinton Foundation, that bought the Clintons' silence on the misogyny and suppression of women in muslim nations.

As I said previously, the Democrats such as Franken, Conyers, Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer folded quickly under pressure of the accusations because they're clearly true. Including photographic/video evidence in Franken's case and some others.

I'm persuaded in the Trump and Moore cases of their innocence because:
1) Both firmly protest their innocence across the board. There is no half-hearted ambiguous apology from either.
2) The accusations in Trump's and Moore's cases are both from roughly 40 years ago, with no recurring victims in the intervening 38 years or so. If they were predators, there would be an ongoing pattern of bad behavior, and would be more victims coming forward, from more recently.
3) Both the Trump and Roy Moore cases follow an identical pattern of DNC dirty tricks, of an orchestrated salvo of accusations coming out all at once, from 38-plus years ago, just weeks before the election. These would be difficult to prove in court from so long ago, and their only real purpose is to slime the candidates right before the election. But in both cases, the constituents aren't buying the accusations, or at least not nearly enough of them.

There are other Republicans who have committed bad acts that I don't defend. In these two cases, the circumstances make me question the accusers, not the candidates.

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-09 5:07 PM
I think the RNC is just showing that if Clinton had an R behind his name he would have been just fine. Trump's accusers were certainly not just from decades ago btw.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-10 2:45 PM
I think the RNC is just showing that if Clinton had an R behind his name he would have been just fine.

That doesn't even make sense. Except to just weave the accusation out of thin air.

Quote:
Trump's accusers were certainly not just from decades ago btw.

All the ones I heard were from the late 1960's. Such as one lady who said Trump groped her on a passenger flight. And by the wildest of coincidences, her and 8 or 9 other women randomly decided to collectively accuse him right after the Access Media bus tape (ALSO from 12 years ago) right before the election. Trump's legal team blasted lots of holes in the inconsistencies of their stories as well.

Republicans accused generally resign quickly, and are roundly condemned and pressured to do so by their peers. And I've always been one to join that call. (Rep Mark Foley, for example. Which while true, was also orchestrated a year in advance as an October surprise blanket attack on the entire GOP.)

But as in the case of the Duke Lacrosse team alleged rape, and the 2015 Rolling Stone manufactured fake expose, there >>>ARE<<< cases where the allegations are not true. Timing accusations in the final weeks before an election, of people who have been in the public spotlight for more than 4 decades, seems to ring false, and to be rather maliciously timed.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-10 6:04 PM
The 19 Women Who Accused President Trump of Sexual Misconduct

Note the dates WB.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-11 1:07 PM

1 Kristen Anderson ("early 1980's")
2 Mariah Billado (1997)
3 Lisa Boyne (1996)
4 Rachel Crooks (2005)
5 Tasha Dixon (2001)
6 Jessica Drake (2006) - Adult film star!
7 Jill Harth (1992-1993) -Vendetta and lawsuit with Trump in other business
8 Cathy Heller (1997)
9 Samantha Holvey (2006)
10 Ninni Laaksonen (2006)
11 Jessica Leeds (1980's)
12 Melinda McGillivray (2003)
13 Cassandra Searles (2013)
14 Natasha Stonyoff (2005) -PEOPLE magazine reporter!
15 Bridget Sullivan (2000)
16 Temple Taggart (1997)
17 Ivana Trump (1989 - The point reading I >>>KNEW<<< I was being hustled!)
18 Karena Virginia (1998)
19 Summer Zerves (2007)

Okay, some of the allegations are more recent than I recalled previously. But most go back 20 years or more. There are only 5 that don't pre-date the Access Hollywood bus video. All are years before the period Trump became a presidential candidate.

But
1) Many of these women clearly have a political agenda, and clearly state their opposition to Donald Trump as president, and therefore have a clear agenda to make allegations to undermine him as president. I would want to see a background for each of these women's political affiliations, and who they voted for, and if they supported/openly advocated Hillary Clinton and other Democrats. That is the case of many of Roy Moore's accusers as well.

2) While I don't dismiss the more serious accusations of Trump groping and allegedly forcing himself on a few of these women, by their accounts, many of these seem straining to allege anything sexually illicit. Some of the Miss USA contestants say he walked through the dressing room while they were changing. Even if true, that is hardly sexual assault.
Including IVANA TRUMP as an "accuser" is outrageous. She said what she did during a bitter divorce where he'd left her for Marla Maples, and she briefly made some accusations she retracted almost 30 years ago. Saying "I >>>FELT<<< raped" emotionally is much different than saying she was physically raped by Trump. There is clearly a vindictive agenda on the part of the Atlantic in their including this in the article. It is billed as "19 accusers" which sounds persuasive until you read through and see how silly some of the alleged "sexual accusations" are. Trump walked through a dressing room, WOW!
One is a pornstar/porn director who probably is aligned with the Hollywood liberal elite, and has no credibility from the outset. Likewise, the PEOPLE magazine reporter, who apparently from her remarks has accused many others of sexually inappropriate behavior and/or assault.
Another sued Trump over a real estate business deal and likewise has every motive to slime him.
Some of the others just say Trump leaned in for a kiss, and that is open to interpretation. I have French and Brazilian female friends who do the kiss-on-the-cheek thing at parties, and beautiful as they are, I'm frankly not comfortable kissing a girl like that who's not my girlfriend. And 20 years later, they could spin it as something it was not. It's laughable to me that Miss America contestants complain about Trump "looking at us like we were just meat". Do these girls understand what a beauty contest is?!? You walk out on stage and spin around for the judges in a dress or a bikini. I fail to see from their own account what Trump did wrong.

Of Trump's 19 "accusers" (18 actually because Ivana never accused him in 2016) maybe 15 if you eliminate the "he walked through the dressing room" accounts, maybe down to 10 or less if you eliminate the "he looked at me like I was meat" or "he kissed me at a crowded social event" type accusations. And then you're left with a few that look on the surface like actual accusations of something truly inappropriate if Trump actually did it.

But then you get into Democrat political affiliations of the accusers, other assorted personal/professional vendettas against Trump as possible motivation, and actual witnesses to what objectively happened.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 6:30 AM
Doug Jones projected the winner!
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 6:37 AM
This was a surprise. I knew he had a chance but that is a deep red state. And Trump went all in.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 6:54 AM
My condolences, MEM. This means Franken really does have to resign.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 6:59 AM
Lol, your bitterness is noted. Wonder what the Trump tweets will be. I'm guessing he'll go with accusing the election being rigged.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 7:34 AM
Why would I be bitter? I don't live in AL and I've never come out in support of Moore. I've only pointed out the hypocrisy of people like you who have no problems supporting Democrats who sexually harass or assault all females.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 7:45 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
ABC News reports Beverly Young Nelson will have a news conference later today. In this interview, she indicates that she added the date/location to the yearbook but maintains the signature is Roy Moore's.

How is Gloria Allred still a lawyer, again? Even if every other accuser is 100% truthful this stunt probably just helped put Moore over the top.

This looks supportive of Moore. You were relatively quiet but when it came time to post something that might help a pedo win, you were there to post it. But if your heart was in different place we can both celebrate that the better person won tonight.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 8:09 AM
Unfortunately, odds are the DNC will claim this as a win for their establishment despite numbers showing this one hinged on the black vote they've done embarrassingly little to court since the departure of Obama. I haven't been a registered Republican since about 2010, so I don't really have a stake in this, but truthfully neither party deserves the grassroots support they've gotten the past several years. Glad Alabama was ultimately able to make the difficult moral decision of not going with the guy who actually needed to put forth a concerted effort to try and prove he wasn't a kiddie fiddler, though the closeness of the election proves that's not as obvious a choice as I had hoped.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 12:24 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_special_election_in_Alabama,_2017

The write in votes (i.e., voters saying "none of the above") were over 22,000, exceeding the margin that Doug Jones won the election by. So it was hardly a statement by Alabama voters that they enthusiastically embrace Democrats. Moore has no humiliation, it was a close election. (Although it can be argued in conservative Alabama, a different Republican candidate would have won in a landslide.)
Moore's loss was a combination of 1) Moore having conservative views that even many conservatives distanced themselves from (making his candidacy flawed from the outset), and 2) further handicapped by lurid allegations of trolling underage girls.
Apparently high black voter turnout was a factor that pushed Doug Jones over the top as well, because Jones prosecuted KKK leaders, and/or because Dems successfully painted Roy Moore as a racist.

I was surprised how much commentary on Fox voiced the idea that it was better for the GOP that Moore lost, because now the GOP won't have to possibly seat him and deal with ongoing sexual allegations, and that the GOP doesn't potentially share in getting slimed by the DNC for seating Moore under the shadow of these allegations.

As close at the election was, I don't see this as a decisive referendum where Alabama voters rejected Moore, either on his conservative views, or on the underage sex allegations. It was very close, roughly 48% vs. 49%, with a lot of write-in votes rejecting both, greater than the margin of victory.

The same Alabama Senate seat is up again in 3 years. Oh well, hopefully next time, with a less handicapped Republican candidate.

I actually envisioned a scenario where, if Moore had won, Jeff Sessions could leave or be fired as Attorney General, and Moore could willingly give up the seat if Sessions were appointed back to his former Senator position.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-13 4:08 PM
It wasn't the sort of landslide you might consider a "decisive referendum", but it's the same sort of statement which was made to the DNC last year. No election is anyone's to lose. You can't just hang your party's letter and endorsement on a fundamentally flawed candidate and expect that to win voters over (even against another fundamentally flawed candidate) once demographic segments of the voting populace you've ignored (or outright rejected) actually show up to vote. Last year, DJT wouldn't have won without rural white voter turnout, and this year, the Dems wouldn't have won without near-total black voter turnout. Of course, these scenarios could be avoided if someone out there decides to advance policies that actually benefit EVERYONE, but that's a silly pipe dream of mine.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-14 5:49 AM
Like education and healthcare?
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-14 6:56 AM
We all like education and healthcare, MEM! I'm not sure where you're going with that sentence, though...
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-14 7:31 AM
I know it's not a winning argument here coming from me but I think the Democratic Party does put a priority on those issues. GOP really doesn't. CHIP for example is being used as a bargaining chip by them. If both sides really valued it than one side wouldn't be able to use it like a hostage. Btw thank you black voters and republicans that can look beyond just getting their guy in.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-14 3:18 PM
 Quote:
This looks supportive of Moore.

i think you need new glasses.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-14 3:30 PM
So you think you didn't post a bit of information that Moore was hoping to use to discredit his accusers?
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-15 5:04 AM
So you think you didn't post a bit of information that Moore was hoping to use to discredit his accusers?

I posted a "bit of information" that came from ABC News. Are you now claiming ABC was supporting Moore by issuing that news story?

It shows the depth of your bias that you think simply reporting a fact which might not be completely damning to a republican is somehow a show of support.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-15 5:17 AM
ABC News covered the whole thing, you did not. You just posted the one bit Moore was trying to use. Maybe you feel you didn't but I think looking at the thread you really just played judge on the other side and the bit Moore was using. The RNC ended up supporting Moore in his election. Did you have a problem with that?
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-15 6:45 AM

I pointed out that Allred's actions may have inadvertently helped discredit Moore's accusers while I conceded the possibility that a number of them could be tellng the truth:

Quote:

Again, you're letting your own biases show here.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-15 7:30 AM
We already know how you always feel about Dems and bias g. As I pointed out you really just seem to be willing judge the one side. You come off more neutral when it's a pedophile republican. Again how do you feel about the RNC supporting such a candidate? That I would think wouldn't be a hard question.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-16 7:10 PM
Now we learn that Allred's daughter, attorney Lisa Bloom, was offering to arrange payments to women who made sexual misconduct claims against Trump.

You don't need to support Moore to realize that when people like Allred and Bloom do this, it feeds right into the mentality of Moore and Moore supporters that his accusers were lying.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-16 8:51 PM
When that is all you want to discuss I think that constitutes support. Your party went all in for him. Does that bother you at all?
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-16 10:47 PM
We already know how you always feel about Dems and bias g. As I pointed out you really just seem to be willing judge the one side. You come off more neutral when it's a pedophile republican. Again how do you feel about the RNC supporting such a candidate? That I would think wouldn't be a hard question.

Irony, that...

You are a rubber stamp for the most ruthless, immoral, criminal, and outright republic-destroying things the Democrats do. In any given political discussion, you can be counted on to parrot the most lying DNC talking points.

Lois Lerner and the IRS, harassing and auditing Tea Party and religious conservative groups, and large Republican donors like Frank Vandersloot. No problem.

Hillary Clinton jeopardizing national security with her private e-mail server, leaving national security ripe for the hacking EVERY DAY she was secretary of state by the Russians and Chinese. No problem!
The Clintons selling state department access through large donations to the Clinton Foundation. No problem. Even as you allege treason that is nonexistent for Donald Trump and his inner circle. In fact, the trail leads right back to FusionGPS, Veselnetskayav and the Democrats, who ACTUALLY WERE colluding with the Russians. No problem.

The blatant corruption and bias of Comey, Rosenstein, FBI agent Peter Strvok, and the entire Meuller investigative team, 9 of whom are DNC campaign donors, and a U.S. Federal judge who have all been exposed in the last weak for their fanatic zeal and clear bias against the Trump administration. No problem!

You seem oblivious to the fact that your side is turning the United States into a "Deep State" authoritarian banana republic, where the party in power weaponizes the branches of government to smash their political opposition. That's not even a complete list of recent outrages by your side. And you don't care, so long as it advances your liberal progressive cultural Marxist utopia. Until it ultimately destroys the country.

Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-17 8:34 AM
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy (emphasis added)
...You seem oblivious to the fact that your side is turning the United States into a "Deep State" authoritarian banana republic, where the party in power weaponizes the branches of government to smash their political opposition...

Ummmm... Wondy? Not sure this is a good fight to pick right now.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-18 5:06 PM

The Republican party (divided between the Establishment Republicans and the Trump/Tea Party/Constitutionalists who are attempting to restore free market and the rule of law) are not like the Obama administration.

Trump/Republicans are not weaponizing the IRS against Democrat grassroots organizations and large Republican donors, as Obama/Clinton/Democrats did.

Trump/Republicans are not weaponizing the FBI and CIA with illegal FISA requests, so they could do illegal surveillance on Trump campaign officials, and even on the incoming Trump administration. That is Watergate-level stuff, at least!

If you have a case to make, I wish you would factually make it, instead of implying something untrue without any supporting facts.

Trump, however bombastic, is essentially a pragmatist and not an ideologue, and he is attempting to reverse LAWFULLY the deep-state/establishment destruction of the U.S. from within, that has been occurring for the last 30 years. In many ways like Reagan, Trump is getting resistance from both political sides, and from the globalist campaign finance lobbyist puppetmasters who control both sides. Despite resistance and obstruction of his opposition on both sides, Trump is enacting reforms and getting a remarkable amount done. He is bringing his own party kicking and screaming to victory, against their own self-destructive will.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-18 6:32 PM
When that is all you want to discuss I think that constitutes support.

Of course, MEM. After all, anyone who knows me on this board knows I'm totally uninterested in discussing legal procedure, strategy and attorney behavior as it pertains to politics. This focus on same is a whole new preoccupation for me which will certainly wane now that Moore lost.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-19 7:03 AM
I was of course speaking about this thread in particular. Obviously you don't do that on every thread. The Franken one for example where there was no pedophilia involved. Say does it bother you that the RNC went all in on Moore?
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-19 3:14 PM
It doesn't bother me.
Moore was a flawed candidate in other ways that shaved off his support from the outset. The teenage girls allegations (by the admission of her accusers, even in the worst case scenario if all the allegations were true, none of which involved sex, I remind you) piled on Moore's otherwise controversial record, and maybe shaved off just enough to let Jones win.

To have a problem with Moore, or with the RNC for supporting him, one has to believe that the allegations are true. I don't. The inconsistencies in the girls' testimony, and in virtually all cases their undeniable Democrat partisanship (while ignored by the media, in their effort to help Jones get elected) are clear.

Are you ashamed that for decades the DNC has been all in for Bill and Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Gerry Studds, Al Franken, and many others who have more clear evidence of guilt as sexual predators, and in Hillary's case, leading the charge to destroy husband Bill's accusers, that she knew to be telling the truth?
Only political expediency has made the Dems condemn these abusers in their own DNC ranks, and many of them have quickly backtracked and regret condemning and leveraging out Al Franken.
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2017-12-19 4:09 PM
Obviously you don't do that on every thread. The Franken one for example where there was no pedophilia involved.

Why in heavens name would I discuss alleged forged evidence and attorney misconduct in a thread where neither are alleged to have occurred?
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-06 7:53 PM

RAILROADED: THE REAL REASON AL FRANKEN IS NO LONGER A SENATOR

Quote:
Three weeks after volunteering as Democratic Party tribute Hunger-Games-Style, Al Franken has finally relinquished his Senate seat. Operation: Moral High Ground, the Democrats’ transparent plan to claim victory in America’s #metoo moment, was a simple one.

Step One: Run Al Franken out of town. No ethics investigation. No consideration of Minnesota voters. No censure or lesser discipline. Just an aggressive Franken-ectomoy.

Step Two: Sit back and wait for alleged pedophile Roy Moore to win a Senate seat in Alabama’s special election.

Step Three: Make sure Franken’s exit shares a news cycle with Roy Moore’s entrance. It would have been the Holy Grail of partisan juxtaposition—the split-screen video image to end all split screen video images.

Step Four: Scream into the echo chamber that Republicans are the Roy Moore party and Democrats are the party of women.

But Roy Moore lost, and Operation: Moral High Ground turned out to be an Acme rocket that blew up Al Franken and left Senate Republicans Meep-Meeping as they ran down the road to tax reform. In the end, the Democratic Party sacrificed one of their most high profile Senators without gaining one square inch of moral high ground.

There should have been an ethics investigation. Unfortunately for Franken, there wasn’t time for any sort of fact-finding or due process; there was only time for politically expedient, angry mob justice.

Franken’s fellow Senate Democrat Joe Manchin said on Politico’s Off- Message Podcast that Franken got “railroaded by fellow Democrats” and that what happened to Franken was “the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever seen done to a human being.”

Franken was railroaded because he got hit with a perfect storm of political opportunism. Franken didn’t resign because he admitted to being guilty. In fact, he maintained his innocence all along saying, “Some of the allegations against me are simply not true. Others I remember very differently.” He didn’t resign the people of Minnesota wanted him to. A recent PPP poll showed that Minnesotans, by an 8 point margin, wanted him to stay— that’s almost his exact margin of victory in the 2014 election. Even if Minnesotans had wanted him ousted, the constitution of Minnesota allows for a recall.

Here are of few of the real reasons that Democrats saw fit to undo an election decided by Minnesota voters:

1. Because Roy Moore was winning in the polls

Democrats can’t seem to stop getting burned by the polls. While a couple polls looked good for Jones, the majority of the showed Moore winning the Alabama special election by 4 to 9 points. Democrats were banking on all those Alabama Republicans getting it wrong. If a majority of the polls had shown Jones winning comfortably, Franken would still be a Senator. But Moore was up, and the inevitable “Republicans hate women” narrative proved too tantalizing to resist.

2. Because Minnesota has a Democrat governor

Anyone believe the Democrats would have demanded Al Franken resign if it meant they’d lose a Senate vote? Anyone believe if a Republican governor was waiting in the wings to replace Al Franken with a Republican Senator that he’d be going anywhere? Of course not! Democrat Governor Mark Dayton is appointing Democrat Lt. Governor and former vice president of public affairs for Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota Tina Smith to a one year term that will end in 2019.

This played a huge role in the cost/benefit analysis of ousting Franken. Without the security of knowing the seat would stay with the party, there’s no way Franken would have been forced out. Certainly not at a time when the Senate is nearly equally divided and the Senate Democrats are facing a 2018 electoral map that has Waterloo written all over it.

3. Because Kristen Gillibrand wants to be president

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Kristen Gillibrand win the nomination in 2020 because she’s absolutely ruthless. Hours after Franken was first accused of sexual misconduct by Leanne Tweeden, Gillibrand told The New York Times that Bill Clinton should have resigned. Phillipe Reines, a former Clinton aide called her out on twitter saying, “Over 20 yrs you took the Clintons’ endorsements, money, and seat. Hypocrite. Interesting strategy for 2020 primaries. Best of luck.” It’s no coincidence that Senator Gillibrand was later the first to call for Al Franken’s resignation. According to Politico, Gillibrand’s call was “quickly followed by more than two dozen others. The first batch of resignation calls came from female senators, followed by a slew of male Democrats and eventually the majority of the 48-member caucus.”

Not only did Gillibrand seize the opportunity to be a national leader of the #metoo movement by calling for Franken’s resignation, she also took down someone who may have proven a major competitor for the Democratic nomination.

To the ultra-casual or ultra-partisan observer, it may look like the Democrats took a stand against sexual misconduct, but that’s not what happened. What really happened was they vetoed a fair election and destroyed the career of one of their own Senators in a desperate attempt to win a political narrative.

I won’t miss Al Franken and his self-righteous grandstanding, and frankly I don’t believe his denials. But he deserved the chance to prove me and everyone else wrong. His ouster was not justice. Instead, he and the Minnesotans he represented were pawns sacrificed in a Machiavellian political maneuver.

Eddie Zipperer is a political science professor at Georgia Military College.

We saw this is true in the way Democrats pulled back after the election and suddenly regretted their rush to judgement on Franken. So much for the moral high ground. There's plenty of evidence of Democrat opportunism on everyone mentioned, that can be used by Republicans in future elections.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-06 8:13 PM
More partisan accusations. As you may have noticed Franken did resign and yeah a couple of Dems thought he should have waited for the ethics investigation but that is hardly the same as what you are falsely charging.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-06 10:37 PM

Partisan accusations perhaps, firmly based in clear facts.

Gillibrand DID rise to her Senate seat with the clear help of the Clintons, and took that help eagerly without complaint.

Let me remind you:

Quote:
Hours after Franken was first accused of sexual misconduct by Leanne Tweeden, Gillibrand told The New York Times that Bill Clinton should have resigned. Phillipe Reines, a former Clinton aide called her out on twitter saying, “Over 20 yrs you took the Clintons’ endorsements, money, and seat. Hypocrite. Interesting strategy for 2020 primaries. Best of luck.” It’s no coincidence that Senator Gillibrand was later the first to call for Al Franken’s resignation.

Perhaps you'd like to take that up with "partisan" DEMOCRAT Clinton aide Phillipe Reines?

If Republicans did a fraction of the evil stuff Democrats do every day, they'd be driven out of office.

I'm still keeping the faith on eventual justice unleashed on the Clintons.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-06 11:20 PM
Get ready for your party to be driven out than. It might take a couple of election cycles but the GOP is drenched in Trump stink.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-07 2:11 AM
You really ought to watch Sean Hannity or Lou Dobbs for a few nights.

The "stink" of Trump is fantastic performance across the board on the economy, unemployment, annual growth, reductions in food stamp use and disability (completely reversing 8 years of increased dependency under Obama), rebuilding the morale and strength of our military, renegotiating trade deals, a strong stance against North Korea that has already made them begin talks again with South Korea for the first time in years, tax reform, increased business and jobs.

And incredibly, a liberal media that bends over backwards to avoid reporting it. DESPITE the success!

AGAIN: I've never seen a president work so hard or achieve so much in just one year. On border security alone, Trump has accomplished more in his first month than I expected from him or any president in 8 years.

The stink is from the corruption of the Democrats.
Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Debbi Wasserman BITCH CUNT Schultz, Donna Brazile. The Clinton Foundation's pay-to-play, selling 20% of U.S. uranium to the Russians in exchange for bribes. Clinton's private e-mail server that compromised national security DAILY to the Russians and Chinese by exposing national secrets to hacking. DAILY!
FOR FOUR YEARS!
Rigging the primary for Hillary Clinton and cheating Bernie Sanders (proven by DNC internal e-mails, thank you WikiLeaks.) Rigging TWO TELEVISED Democrat primary debates, where Hillary Clinton knew all the questions in advance. Rigging the FBI investigation of Hillary. On and on.

What the hell do you need to see to admit the DNC is corrupt to the core?!?

There's nothing even close with Donald Trump. The meetings and circumstances where Dems and the liberal media attempt to accuse Trump and his family of "treason" were all rigged that way by the Democrats. The FusionGPS report. The fact that Democrats had allowed Veselnetskaya to be in the country, so she could meet with Trump Jr.
Peter Strzok and Lisa Page talking about rigging the investigation, and setting up an "insurance policy" to cripple the Trump administration if elected!

The Obama administration getting an illegal FISA report to do illegal surveillance on the Trump campaign, and Trump administration EVEN AFTER THE ELECTION!

That "Stink" is not coming from the Trump administration. And I know you're indoctrinated in the MediaMatters/RAW/MSNBC Newspeak version of politics, but really, how could you possibly defend this level of DNC corruption?
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-07 3:46 AM
In your mind is Hannity covering things in a nonpartisan unbiased manner?
Posted By: the G-man Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-08 3:42 PM
If we accept the premise that most news organizations are biased in One Direction or another one might argue that people should watch news from the other perspective.

For example my Amazon echo flash briefing plays five minutes of FOXNews and then five minutes of NPR.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-08 9:37 PM
In your mind is Hannity covering things in a nonpartisan unbiased manner?

Hannity has self-identified as an editorial/commentator, and not as a news reporter. But he certainly has plenty of journalists on his program. Including on occasion Bob Woodward (probably the most respected journalist there is), Judith Miller (another Pulitzer winner, who went to jail to protect her sources). Ultimately, guys like Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are just something resembling equal time. Tiny drops of conservative response to an endless sea of liberal propaganda that smothers and selectively omits the truth.

Lou Dobbs was one of a very respected group of anchors at CNN in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. That CNN is so partisan now that they leveraged out Lou Dobbs makes me not want to watch CCN/Newspeak at all, but I still do, just a lot less. CNN pushed Dobbs out for his nightly coverage of illegal immigration, an issue CNN is clearly in the tank for the other side on.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-08 9:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
If we accept the premise that most news organizations are biased in One Direction or another one might argue that people should watch news from the other perspective.

For example my Amazon echo flash briefing plays five minutes of FOXNews and then five minutes of NPR.

I've always made an effort to do that.

If I'm honest, though, I watch less liberal media than I used to, because it has become so leftist partisan and slanted. There used to be a difference between MSNBC and outlets like CNN, ABC and CBS. Now it is a race to the bottom, where there is not even the slightest pretense of objectivity, many reporters have openly said they consider it their holy mission to bring down Trump. In that mindset from a news network, why would I bother watching their zealously clear agenda to lie to me?

A few reminders:

https://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101

https://ricochet.com/archives/political-views-of-journalists-my-feud-with-eric-alterman-part-2/ (93% of reporters voted for Obama, a higher ratio than even the most liberal regions of the country)
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-09 4:36 AM
I really doubt that stat and these days many local networks are being forced to run propaganda pieces by Trump shills.

Sinclair Requires TV Stations to Air Segments That Tilt to the Right

And Trump has attacked the press when it doesn't act like a state run propaganda mill. When they've done their job he's called them liars and fake news. I used to think freedom of the press was a shared principle between the parties but these days it's really becoming Trump's base that is all to willing to attack any entity that doesn't provide just propaganda. On a side note it is funny seeing Bannon left looking for his balls after the Fire and Fury book came out
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2018-01-09 6:31 AM

Oh my god!

Have you WATCHED CNN or MSNBC lately!?!

CNN used to be the channel that feigned neutrality, but now they are rabidly anti Trump, and endlessly unleash personal attacks on Trump. And on his wife Melania! And on their 12 year old son!

I haven't heard of any stations with a clear conservative bias imposed on their reporters, but no doubt there are a few. But the overwhelming bias is toward malicious liberal spin. In poll after poll for 50 years. And even more so, post-2008, liberal reporters over and over expose their bias, and that it is their holy mission to bring down Trump.

The giddy reaction to Oprah potentially running for president. "Ohhh ohhh, it would be wonderful!" Reporter after reporter on every network.
And yet they can't say ONE nice thing about Trump, during the entire campaign, or since then, when he has proven himself over and over to be a skilled president, scoring higher numbers than Obama or Obama's predecessors, in many categories having better economic performance and employment numbers than have been seen since 2004, 2000, or 1999. Yet the same reporters who demonized Trump as an unqualified celebrity are totally in the tank for an Oprah run. That's quite a double standard.

I've already linked two sources that cite the liberal bias. I've probably linked hundreds of others over the last 10 years.
Journo-list?
The Occupy Wall Street movement coverage, where reporters were openly participating in the movement they were supposed to be covering?

The liberal bias is beyond question, for anyone willing to look at the evidence.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2019-01-02 12:17 AM

LinkedIn Billionaire Distances Himself from Russian-Style Disinformation Campaign

Reid Hoffman helped finance a group that “experimented with many of the tactics now understood to have influenced the 2016 elections.” He now says it was a mistake, and that he did so without knowing how his money was being spent.

Except unlike the Trump campaign where the small amount of Russian "bots" had no measurable influence, the amount of money spent against Roy Moore could have turned the election 2%, in an election where Roy Moore lost by less than 2%.

Not surprisingly, it's a story the liberal media doesn't have much interest in.
And I'm quite sure the head of LinkedIn, has no knowledge of what happened. Just like the heads of Facebook, Twitter and Youtube didn't know what was happening when their companies aided the Demcorats in the 2012 and 2016 elections.

And the fact that they and their employees all lean ultra-liberal, where you can be fired for having conservative views, and they all overwhelmingly supported Hillary in 2016, and still hate Trump. That's all just coincidence!
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2019-01-02 12:27 AM

Democratic operatives created fake Russian bots designed to link Kremlin to Roy Moore in Alabama race

Quote:
Democratic operatives, backed by a liberal billionaire and facilitated by a former Obama official, created thousands of fake Russian accounts to give an impression the Russian government was supporting Alabama Republican Roy Moore in last year’s election against now-Sen. Doug Jones.

The secret project, which had a budget of just $100,000 and was carried out on Facebook and Twitter, was revealed after the New York Times obtained an internal report detailing the efforts.

“We orchestrated an elaborate ‘false flag’ operation that planted the idea that the Moore campaign was amplified on social media by a Russian botnet,” the internal report said. It also took credit for “radicalizing Democrats with a Russian bot scandal” after experimenting “with many of the tactics now understood to have influenced the 2016 elections.”

Jones said Thursday he is "outraged" over the report and wants a federal investigation over the project.

"I'd like to see the Federal Election Commission and the Justice Department look at this to see if there were any laws being violated and, if there were, prosecute those responsible," he said. "These authorities need to use this example right now to start setting the course for the future to let people know that this is not acceptable in the United States of America."

One participant in the project reportedly was Jonathon Morgan, the chief executive of New Knowledge, a firm that wrote a report – released by the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this week – about Russia’s social media operations in the 2016 election and its efforts to hurt Hillary Clinton and help Donald Trump.

He reportedly contacted Renée DiResta, who later joined his company and became the leading author of the report about the Russian interference efforts for the firm, asking for suggestions of online tactics that are worth testing.

In a statement on Twitter, he denied the project was aimed at influencing the election, which the Democrat won by 22,000 votes. "I did not participate in any campaign to influence the public," he wrote, saying the project goals weren't about supporting the Jones campaign.

And as usual with the Google search engine, unless you specifically enter "Fox News" or "DailyCaller" or "National Review" into your search on the subject, it will only give you thousands of liberal media Newspeak stories on the subject.

Orwell would be proud.

And it makes you wonder if Roy Moore actually lost the election.

Also interesting how as soon as Roy Moore lost the election, all the sexual allegations just went away.
Same with Brett Kavanaugh.
Same with Herman Cain.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: No Moore GOP - 2019-04-16 11:19 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electio...g-jones-n995021

Quote:

By Lauren Egan, NBC News, April 16, 2019

WASHINGTON — Former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore is leading the Republican field vying for the party’s 2020 nomination to challenge Sen. Doug Jones, the Democrat who beat Moore in 2017, according to a survey released Tuesday.

Moore leads among could-be GOP candidates with 27 percent in the poll from Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy, just a year and a half after losing what was widely viewed as a safe seat for Alabama Republicans. He's trailed by three Alabama congressmen: Mo Brooks at 18 percent, Bradley Byrne at 13, and Gary Palmer at 11. The poll also suggests Moore holds a net approval rating in the state — 34 percent of voters view him favorably compared to 29 percent who view him unfavorably.

Out of the potential Republican candidates included in the poll, only Byrne has formally announced his candidacy. But Moore has suggested that he is interested in running again, and this poll could help him come to a decision. Fifty percent of registered Alabama voters say they want to replace Jones with a Republican.

Moore’s lead could be explained by his overwhelming name recognition among Republican voters compared to other potential candidates. Byrne and Palmer are unknown by roughly half of Republicans.
© RKMBs