Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

Yes, I'm also a little selfish in this regard, as I do like the character and have enjoyed coming up with stuff for him to do.

Hmmmm, I have heard the same for Tobias but it looks like everyone is ready to just ship him off.

Have you ever looked into a mirror and wondered if behind it was another world, the same... but totally different?
- Reflection (2002) UTOPIAN PRODUCTIONS
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I have no problem with any solution you guys will come up, but I don't think we can consider Tayden, Drake and TC as the same thing.

Sonhaven has stated that he has not a lot of time at his disposal, but that he will try to post now and then. He has, in fact, in the Naecken story, too. As for the old rules of the MBL, he should in any case be listed among the active mebers in the next story.
Plus, he is a "subtle" character, that aside exploit like the one with Smith, is not very prominent and shouldn't turn the outcome of a battle by himself.

Drake, on the other hand, is a powerful character. His poster, Notwedge, has said that he is currently experiencing computer problems, but that he plans to come back to full posting duty as soon as possible.

TC is very powerful, and it seems that his poster has not any intention, as for now, to come back.

My way, I would send TC to Haven, for Pro's story, and send Drake with him. If Notwedge returns, we could have Drake coming back easily.
If Sonhaven wouldn't post at all in issue 15, I would send him too, then.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
But, Grimm didn't you just agree with "cutting all the chords" and getting rid of writer-less characters?

As it stands, I give up.

I'll fix Velo and LL and that's it.

TTT - Wants to eliminate writer-less characters

Grimm - Agrees, but wants to keep Tayden for personal reasons

Gooz - Wants Tobias to stay

Euro - Either wants Tobias moved back and depowered, or, taken to Haven for observation

Without a consensus decision, I have no idea what to write or where to go. Therefore, I'm stepping back and letting you all write this out for yourselves.

I'll probably post this evening, or tonight.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

But, Grimm didn't you just agree with "cutting all the chords" and getting rid of writer-less characters?

Yes, I did, which is one of the reasons why I wrote Vengeance out this issue. I've always been of the mind of moving out the writerless characters, even if (and here's the part that people have missed again and again) all we do is move them back to support staff. Which is something that I've said many times before that a character like TC would be useful for. And I like TC, as well. I've tried to pull him (the poster) back into the stories on many occasions.

F U C K it, I'm making a poll. Two choices stay or go: You get to pick one. Then we'll be done with this seemingly endless argument.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
If you're really intent on getting rid of writerless characters, then I'll have to keep using both my characters in active roles. I would rather break a minor organizational rule than risk losing characters I've put a lot of work into for the sake of another minor organizational rule.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

If you're really intent on getting rid of writerless characters, then I'll have to keep using both my characters in active roles. I would rather break a minor organizational rule than risk losing characters I've put a lot of work into for the sake of another minor organizational rule.

You're missing the point, Sammitch. You're an active poster who is actively using your characters. I, for one, don't find Leslie that intrusive. Others may feel differently.

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
I don't think there's a problem with having multiple characters. The problem is having multiple members of the team at the SAME TIME, a rule we set up long ago for very good reasons: At one point, one poster had three or more characters in the MBL at the same time, which meant that this poster was effectively monopolizing the team.

Why did I kill off Pete when I brought Chance into the picture? I might as well have kept them both around, then just kept on adding others. If I wanted to, I could have Pete, Chance, Mason, and Axel all as part of the team and ignore the rest of your characters. But what would be the point of that in a collaborative story?

By all means, use multiple main characters in stories you write by yourself, but having two members on the team at the same time and in the same story isn't right. We're not writing literature, here, we're doing what are in effect RPGs. And the informal "rules" we've set up are there to make it fun for all of us, not just one or two posters.

Click here or I'll bite you! The Time Trust
Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Excellent points.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
[censored]Screw[censored] [censored]you[censored]. [censored]I[censored] [censored]want[censored] [censored]cheese[censored]. <[censored]br[censored] /> <[censored]br[censored] /> <[censored]img[censored] [censored]src[censored]="/[censored]ubbthreads[censored]/[censored]images[censored]/[censored]graemlins[censored]/[censored]frown[censored].[censored]gif[censored]" [censored]alt[censored]="" /> [censored]I[censored]'[censored]m[censored] [censored]hungry[censored].

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
The hell?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Once again, Phil, you've essentially ruined the forum...

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Time for a new talk thread, methinks...

Click here or I'll bite you! The Time Trust
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
What'd I tell you 'bout thinkin'?!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard