Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#221199 2002-06-19 11:25 PM
300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
For the next five nights, I'll be posting the first mini-series of the Warriors series where my character originated. Keep in mind TC didn't come aboard for another fifteen episodes.

The story begins in an appliance store, as the Warriors (Howard, Grover, Sam, Chad, Jessica, and Walker) are battling an army of home appliances.

WALKER: (punching a toaster) Remind me again why we're doing this?

GROVER: (slugging a microwave) Ask Howard. This was his idea.

HOWARD: (hitting a VCR) We're doing this because people are in danger.

GROVER: People? Don't you mean Carol?

HOWARD: We're here to help everyone. I can't help it if the woman I love is one of them.

CHAD: Sure.

The Warriors seem to be winning their war when more appliance pop up.

GROVER: You know, if you had told me two days ago I would be waging war against a power hungry sorcerer, I wouldn't have believed you.

WALKER: Two days ago, we didn't know each other. Well, most of us, anyway.

SAM: You'd think we were meant to be a team or something the way we all got together.

HOWARD: This is no time for flashbacks.

CHAD: Have you got a better way to pass the time? I'm getting bored fighting toaster ovens over here.

GROVER: I remember it like it was yesterday. Only a few days ago...

In a flashback to a few days earlier, it's the first day of school and everyone is scrambling around to find their homerooms. Howard is looking at his schedule and accidentally runs into Grover.

HOWARD: (picking up his books) Sorry about that. I guess I wasn't watching where I was going.

GROVER: (gathering his papers) That's okay. I could have been watching where I was going, too.

HOWARD: (glancing at Grover's schedule) Hey, we're heading to the same room. Here's your schedule.

GROVER: Thanks. Do you know where it is? I can't seem to find it.

HOWARD: You're not the only one. (looks around) Maybe we should ask for help finding the place.

They start walking, and they run into Chad coming around a corner.

CHAD: Howard, is that you? It's been a while.

HOWARD: It's been all summer. How have you been? How are your parents doing?

CHAD: They're still fighting like there's no tomorrow. Say, does anyone know where homeroom is?

Chad hands the schedule to Howard. Howard looks at it and passes it to Grover.

HOWARD: Join the club. Since we're heading to the same place, maybe we should stick together.

GROVER: Good idea. But we'd better hurry. The late bell's about to ring, and we have no idea where we're going.

The bell rings and the three boys find themselves standing in the hallway by alone.

HOWARD: I wonder what the penalty is for being late?

GROVER: It that's the guy who has the anwser, I don't think I want to know.

A tall, mean looking man walks up to them. He looks at the three boys standing there. This is assistand principal Frasier.

FRASIER: Do you know what the penalty is for being late?

They shisper to each other for a few seconds, then Howard steps forward.

HOWARD: I'll take crime and punishment for $5,000, Alex.

Grasier grabs Howard by the collar and pulls him in.

FRASIER: Don't mock me, boy. You will live to regret it.

HOWARD: (smelling Fraiser's breath) Too late.

GROVER: Well, is there a penalty or isn't there?

FRASIER: (letting Howard go) Dentention, all of you. If I ever see you three troublemakers again, you will be expelled- FOREVER!

Frasier walks away, leaving the three standing there.

HOWARD: (fixing his shirt) Well, he seems like a jolly fellow.

CHAD: Forget him. It's not like he won't make trouble for us later. Let's get to class, if we can find it.

They start to leave to find their class, but a blur runs by, knocking them down.

HOWARD: What in the world was that?

CHAD: Probably the wind. This school must be so old it's getting drafty.

They start to walk away, when another blur knocks them over again.

GROVER: Now that wasn't a draft. What's going on?

HOWARD: I've got an idea. Quick, give me your shoelaces.

Howard ties the laces together and makes one long string, stretching it from one side of the wall to the other.

HOWARD: Let's see if the "draft" can knock us over again.

GROVER: I think I hear something. Hide!

They duck inside a closet as the blur comes speeding back, but this time it trips on the string. When Howard, Chad, and Grover run over to see what tripped, they it is a teenager boy, Walker.

WALKER: (looking up) Hi.

Walker stands up as the others stare in disbelief.

CHAD: You were the thing that was knocking us down?

GROVER: How were you doing that?

Walker takes off his shoes and holds them up, revealing the soles.

WALKER: Sonic powered running shoes. They run on human energy.

HOWARD: Where did you get those?

WALKER: (Putting shoes back on) My friend Sam made them for me. I was testing them out while trying to find my homeroom. Say why aren't you guys in class?

GROVER: We couldn't find the place. How come you couldn't find it with all your speed?

WALKER: I'm not used to it, yet. Say, does anyone know where detention hall is? This Fraiser guy gave me one for running in the halls.

CHAD: Join the club.

HOWARD: We're just wasting time standing here. Let's get searching before Fraiser shows up again.

Meanwhile, in another dimension, the evil magician Kartheiser is plotting something evil. He is tall, and dressed in black. He has an evil Mirror Spock-ish goatee.

KARTHEISER: Finally, my plan is ready to unfold. The Earth will soon fall before me. Jerrica!

Jerrica, a teenage sorceress, enters. She is holding a remote control.

JERRICA: What is is, Kartheiser? Baywatch is on.

KARTHEISER: Are you ready for your journty to Earth?

JERRICA: I suppose. But Earth is such a boring place, with nothing but stupid, boring mortals.

KARTHEISER: Which will make it all the easier to conquer them. We will need the help of one mortal, however. You will go and enlist him for our purposes.

JERRICA: Fine, but you owe me big time. Who is it?

KARTHEISER: A being known as Automaton. His knowledge of Earth technology will benefit us greatly.

JERRICA: Anything else while I'm there?

KARTHEISER: Yes, pick up a quart of milk.

Jerrica opens a portal and heads to Earth. Jerrica winds up in the school, right in front of Howard and the others.

JERRICA: This is the wrong place. Where am I?

GROVER: Neat trick. Are you looking for your homeroom, too?

JERRICA: I don't know where this homeroom you seek is. What is this place?

HOWARD: What, you mean the school? Are you a foreign exchange student?

JERRICA: Do not mock me, mortal. Be gone from my sight or I shall crush you like the mortals you are.

CHAD: You're not related to Frasier, are you?

JERRICA: Fools! You shall die for you foolishness if you do not move!

WALKER: She could at least say please.

GROVER: (holding Jerrica in his arms) So, do you appear out of nowhere for just anyone?

JERRICA: You humans make me sick.

HOWARD: Maybe you're allergic.

CHAD: Have you seen a doctor? And by the way, what are you doing tomorrow night?

JERRICA: Enough! I have had enough of all of you! When Kartheiser the Great takes over this land, the four of you shall be the first ones crushed!

Jerrica disappears in a burst of light.

HOWARD: So, who's for lunch?

WALKER: Howard, in the past few minutes some nut has threatened to kill us with some other nut named Kartheiser, and all you can think of is lunch?

HOWARD: Well, I didn't eat breakfast.

Jerrica reappears in a lab that looks like i hasn't been cleasned in ages. This is the laboratory of Automaton.

JERRICA: Automaton! I have come for you! Show yourself or die!

Automaton, who is half man, half machine, steps out from the shadows.

AUTOMATON: (aiming laser at Jerrica) Who are you to make such threats? I shall crush you with but a thought!

JERRICA: I am someone who shares the same goals as you. To rid this planet of human life.

AUTOMATON: And how do you plan to do this?

Jerrica opens a portal, and the two step through. Meanwhile, at the school.

HOWARD: The first school day is almost over, and we're still looking for our homeroom.

GROVER: Well, look at the bright side. At least we haven't seen anymore of Frasier.

Frasier grabs Grover and Chad and picks them up by their shirts.

FRASIER: You have ten seconds to report to detention hall. Now GO!

Howard and Walker follow as Frasier tosses Grover and Chad into the detention hall.

HOWARD: Nice place. How long are we supposed to stay here?

FRASIER: Forever!

Frasier slams the door and the room goes completely dark.

GROVER: Anyone have a lighter?

WALKER: Just my Posh Spice flashlight. Not one word.

Walker turns on the flashlight and sees the other kids, asleep at their desks.

HOWARD: I have a bad feeling about this.

They turn around and see three kids with baseball bats and chains standing over them.

HOWARD: I think we're about to have a worse feeling.

[ 06-20-2002, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Tobias Christopher ]

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
Our heroes are trapped in detention, surrounded by a group of tougher kids.

TOUGH #1: What are you doing here? This is our territory.

HOWARD: We couldn't find our homeroom. What about you guys, wouldn't they let you back into the zoo?

TOUGH #1: We're here for unnessecary roughness. Allow me to demonstrate on your head!

They take a swing, but Walker uses his speed to take away all the weapons. He turns out the flashlight, and when it comes back on, the bullies are all tied up.

HOWARD: Good work, Walker. Now, let's make like the sheepherder and get the flock out of here.

Meanwhile, in the Dark Dimension

KARTHEISER: So I take it you are going along with our little plan?

AUTOMATON: Yes. It will be an honor to serve you and help destroy that miserable world.

JERRICA: Why would you want to destroy your home world?

AUTOMATON: That world took away the most important thing I ever had. I used the technology that destroyed my life to turn me into this, so I could have my vengeance.

KARTHEISER: Very admirable. Enough of these pleasantries, however. We have a world to conquer!

JERRICA: First, I want to take care of something. I'm going to take care of some pathetic Earthlings who dared to mock me.

KARTHEISER: Revenge is so petty, but very well. Just make it quick, I want the world to be conquered by dinner.

Back on Earth, in the detention hall.

HOWARD: All the exits are sealed, and the doors are locked. How do we get out of here?

WALKER: Maybe I could try something with my super speed. Everyone, stand clear!

Walker starts vibrating a hole in the carpet, burning through the floor.

HOWARD: Nice trick, but where exactly are we headed?

WALKER: (pausing to think) You know, I never really thought about that.

They let out a yell as the floor gives way and they fall into Frasier's office.

GROVER: At least we got out of that alive. (turns to stare directly into Fraiser's face) WHOA!

Frasier stands up as his face starts to turn red. The boys run out of the office.

FRASIER: I will destroy you! You will be mine!

HOWARD: We'd better get out of here, and fast.

WALKER: Come on, we'll hide at my house!

Walker doesn't watch where he's going and falls into a mudhole, face first.

GROVER: This is no time for mud wrestling, Walker. Let's beat it before Frasier finds us.

Chad and Howard pick Walker up and run off as fast as they can. Later, at Walker's house, Walker is cleaning the mud off of his sneakers as the others are looking at his model toys.

WALKER: I still can't believe we never found our homeroom.

HOWARD: Maybe we'll have better luck tomorrow.

GROVER: You mean we have to go back to that place tomorrow? Hey, what's with all the models? They look cool.

WALKER: Thanks. My dad travels a lot, and brings them back for me from all over the world.

HOWARD: (looking at picture on Walker's desk) Hey, who are these kids in this picture?

Walker picks up the picture of two four year old boys standing of front of a public building.

WALKER: I have no idea. I think I'm the guy on the left, but I don't recognize the other person. My parents say that it's my cousin, but I'm never met any cousins.

GROVER: Whoever this guy is, he looks kind of like you. Hey, I think I've been to that building in the background, it's in-

WALKER: Yeah, well, I don't try to think about it too much. Boy, this mud is hard to get off.

CHAD: Isn't anyone worried about that strange girl that appeared out of nowhere?

Everyone just looks at him.

TOGETHER: No!

CHAD: Fine, I won't bring it up again. I just thought it was a little weird.

GROVER: Chad, it was obviously a hallucination brought on by our first day back to school. Or the school food.

HOWARD: That was food? Anyway, Grover's right. It was probably nothing, so who wants to play monopoly?

Just then, Jerrica appears with Automaton in the middle of Walker's bedroom.

JERRICA: I told you I would be back to destroy you.

[ 06-20-2002, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Tobias Christopher ]

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
CHAD: Do you call this a hallucination? That girl is standing right in front of us.

HOWARD: It depends. Maybe Walker's hallucinating from hitting that mud puddle and we're being affected by it.

WALKER: But they say mud is supposed to be good for you. And I did inhale a lot of it, so-

JERRICA: Silence! I have come to destroy you weak mortals so that that world shall-

HOWARD: Do you mind? We're in the middle of a game of monopoly. You want to play? Grover's the banker.

Jerrica destroys the board game with her eyes, incenerating everything there.

HOWARD: Well, if you wanted to be the banker, why didn't you just say so?

AUTOMATON: Is this what you brought me here for? To destroy a group of children?

CHAD: Children? Hey, pal, we're almost men. Kind of.

WALKER: Who's the tin can? And does he come with his own can opener?

Automaton fires at the desk Walker is sitting at, turning it to ash.

AUTOMATON: You dare to insult me? I am Automaton, the living machine!

HOWARD: What kind of a name is Automaton? You sound like you belong in pre-crisis DC.

WALKER: That desk was a birthday present from my dearly depated Grandma, you metal doofus!

AUTOMATON: Soon, much more will be destroyed. And when we are finished, all of your world will be begging to be killed.

GROVER: Alright, I'm guessing these guys want a fight. What do you say?

HOWARD: We can't fight her. She's... you know, (whispers) a girl.

WALKER: I don't care if she's Sarah Michelle Gellar, they destroyed my Grandmother's desk, and now I'm mad!

JERRICA: Enough of this witty banter. Let's just destroy them before Kartheiser calls.

GROVER: Well, someone do something, I'm getting bored.

AUTOMATON: Yes. And I see the perfect weapon that will help me destroy them.

Automaton pulls out a remote and brings the model toys to life, attacking the boys.

WALKER: Hey, my dad got those for me. Are you two hellbent of destroying me room?

GROVER: I think we have bigger things to worry about, you know, like dying?

CHAD: Any bright ideas?

HOWARD: Yeah, next time we hang out at my house.

The toys continue attacking them in a lethal barrage as Jerrica and Automaton sit back and watch.

To Be Continued...

[ 06-20-2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Tobias Christopher ]

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
The story begins as the Warriors are being menaced by Jerrica and Automaton with toy planes and cars.

GROVER: What's going on? One minute we're minding our own business, the next a witch and a tin can are trying to kill us.

CHAD: Is it just me, or are we in the "Wizard of Oz"?

Chad ducks as a toy plane buzzes him. He jumps over a car, but trips before the plane can hit him.

JERRICA: Where's your humor now, boys? Hurry up and finish them, Automaton, Kartheiser is waiting for us.

AUTOMATON: Fine, enough of these childish games. Let's really turn up the power.

Automaton pushes a button and gives the toys more power and speed.

GROVER: Hey, that remote control is causing all of this!

HOWARD: Then don't just sit there like a speed bump, guys, get that controller!

Grover jumps over the killer cars and planes and heads for Automaton, wrestling for the remote. Meanwhilet, Chad sneaks up behind them.

CHAD: Sorry to drop in like this, but we ened this control more than you do.

CHhad kicks the controller from Automaton's hand. It lands in a far off conrer of the room.

AUTOMATON: They must not get the control! We must get to it before they do!

GROVER: The clock's ticking, people, let's do this!

Jerrica gets to the controller first, but Howard jumps over and kicks it before she can grab it.

CHAD: I got it!

Chad grabs it but Automaton takes it from him, knocking Chad aside.

AUTOMATON: Now it's back in the poroper hands.

Walker jumps over and tries to grab it, but Automaton is too fast for him. Chad jumps on Automaton's back and covers his eyes while Walker takes it from him.

WALKER: I got it! I got it! Now what do I do with it?

JERRICA: Give me that remote! Give it to me before you break it, you little twirp!

GROVER: Then break it, you moron!

WALKER: Good idea.

Walker breaks the remote, and all the toys come to a stop. Automaton grabs Chad and throws him off. Chad lands safely on Walker's bed.

JERRICA: There's more than one way to win a fight.

Jerrica uses her magic to bring the planes back to life. This time, they are equipped with guns.

WALKER: (dodging bullets) Great trick! Are you available for parties?

Grover grabs a bat from Walker's shelf and hands some to the others.

GROVER: Final inning, boys. Let's play ball!

Grover starts knocking the planes out of the air. Howard, Chad, and Walker continue to fight Automaton.

JERRICA: I've had enough of this. Stop!

Everyone stops what they're doing. Grover is finishing the final plane, while Automaton has Howard and Walker by the neck.

JERRICA: This fight is over. You lose.

Jerrica uses her magic to levitate Grover into the air and throws him at the others, knocking Chad and Grover unconscious.

JERRICA: It looks I missed the two of you. Good, that means you get to suffer.

WALKER: What are we going to do?

HOWARD: You have super speed. Can't you just run out of here and get some help?

WALKER: I just can't leave you guys. Besides, my shoes are on the desk, remember? The one that was destroyed? I was cleaning the mud off so they wouldn't slow me down.

JERRICA: Prepare to die!

WALKER: How do you prepare for something like that?

HOWARD: Walker, look! Your shoes didn't get blasted. They're right under the table.

JERRICA: I shall enjoy this victory.

HOWARD: Wait! Don't we get a final request?

JERRICA: Fine, I guess I do owe you that. But you only get one request between the two of you.

Howard and Walker discuss it for a few seconds. They finally come to a decision.

JERRICA: Well, what is it?

WALKER: Can I get my shoes? I'd prefer it if I didn't have to walk around hell barefoot.

JERRICA: Very well, but hurry it up. I have worlds to conquer.

Walker goes over to his destroyed desk and puts his shoes on, then carries Chad over to the others.

WALKER: I hope you know what we're doing, Howard.

Walker picks Chad up, while Howard picks Grover up. They stand together and prepare.

WALKER: Okay, our happy little group is ready.

JERRICA: It's about time. Farewell, mortals.

Jerrica fires, but Walker grabs Howard's arm and takes in a blur.

JERRICA: No! They got away! This is your fault, Automaton!

AUTOMATON: My fault! You let them get away.

JERRICA: No matter, Kartheiser will destroy them when he takes this world. Let's get back to the Dark Dimension.

Jerrica and Automaton enter the portal back to the Dark Dimesnion. Meanwhile, Walker has arrived at the park. Grover and Chad are still out as Howard and Walker lay them on the bench.

HOWARD: They're still out. What if that wtihc and that rust bucket attack us again? We can't run froever.

WALKER: I know. We will eventually have to fight them again. Only we can't fight them. I'm so confused.

Walker sits down on the bench, and sees his shoes are smoking. He takes them off and puts out the fire.

HOWARD: Hey, didn't you say that your friend created those shoes for you?

WALKER: Yeah, so?

HOWARD: So, I have an idea.

Meanwhile, in the Dark Dimension, Kartheiser is waiting as Jerrica and Automaton return.

KARTHEISER: So, what kept you?

JERRICA: We had some business to attend to. I don't wish to discuss it right now.

AUTOMATON: Those earth children humiliated us.

Kartheiser laughs at hearing this news.

KARTHEISER: You, the mighty Jerrica, defeated by ordinary humans? Is it even possible?

JERRICA: These were no ordinary humans. One of them had the power of super speed.

KARTHEISER: We shall see. I want to meet these children. Maybe they will be of use to me.

JERRICA: You are a fool. We must destroy them. They could interfere in our plans.

KARTHEISER: Are you giving the earthlings credit?

JERRICA: No, of course not. But if they can defeat me, then we must not underestimate them.

KARTHEISER: We shall have to come up with a plan to capture them, then. I shall take no chances in my domination of this planet.

Meanwhile, in the park, it's getting darker out.

WALKER: We can't go to Sam's tonight. It's too late. We have to find a place to stay.

HOWARD: We can't go home, either. That witch might be waiting for us. We'll stay in the park tonight. I know, let's stay in that dangerous, spooky cave.

WALKER: It's not like we haven't taken enough stupid risks today. What about our parents? Mine won't have a problem.

HOWARD: Neither will mine. Chad's mom won't care one way or the other. I don't know about Grover.

WALKER: Then we'll worry about it later.

They pick up their friends and head for the cave.

[ 06-20-2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Tobias Christopher ]

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
Later than night, the boys are all spread out around the cave. Walker has started a small fire.

HOWARD: So, what's your family like?

WALKER: My dad's a salesman, so he's out on the road a lot. That's how I got a lot of those neat models.

HOWARD: My dad's a security guard at a prison somewhere, so I rarely get to see him.

WALKER: My mother runs her own business. They make those styrofoam peanuts they put in crates.

HOWARD: My mom's a roadie for Kenny Rogers. At least I get the house to myself a lot.

WALKER: (after a long silence) You ever get the feeling that something was missing from your life?

HOWARD: Not recently. You?

WALKER: Lately, I've been feeling an emptiness, like someone was missing from my life.

HOWARD: Who?

WALKER: I don't know. Maybe someday I'll figure it out. But everytime I close my eyes, I see this person, but I can never remember the face.

Howard is asleep as Walker looks over. Walker falls asleep seconds later. The following morning, Grover wakes up and looks around.

GROVER: Where are we? (looks at watch) Wake up, guys, we're going to be late for school!

Howard and the others wake up and look around.

HOWARD: Are you kidding? Some witch tries to kill us, and you want to go to school?

GROVER: Come on, we've already missed the first day of school. I don't want to miss any more.

WALKER: Alright, but we don't have time to go home. How do we explain wearing the same clothes as yesterday?

CHAD: I've got you covered. I used to do this when I stayed out with friends all night. What?

Later, the boys arrive at their school. They have exchanged their clothes to make it look like they actually changed.

HOWARD: This was a stupid idea. We should have gone home first.

CHAD: We didn't have the time. Besides, how do we know that witch isn't waiting there for us?

GROVER: At least you didn't wind up with Walker's baggy clothes. We'll change after school.

WALKER: Look who's talking, shorty. I feel like Urkel in these things. Besides, we have places to go after school.

GROVER: Where?

WALKER: To see an old friend.

Frasier is watching them from the second floor.

FRASIER: Those boys are up to something. Miss Taylor, I want you to keep a close eye on them.

MS. TAYLOR: Yes, Sir. Why?

FRASIER: I don't trust them. i want you to dig up anything you can on them.

Later, in class, the boys are sleeping when the teacher wacks them with a ruler.

MRS. VAYO: No sleeping in class! Good heavens, it looks like you spent the night in a cave.

HOWARD: No comment.

Later, at lunch time

CHAD: I'm so tired, I can't finish my fig pudding. Do you want my pudding, Walker?

Walker is asleep in his lunch. Howard pulls his head up, then lets if fall back down.

HOWARD: He likes it.

Howard falls asleep, too, as Carol and Jessica walk by. They stop to look at the four of them sleeping in their food.

JERRICA: Isn't that Howard asleep in that creamed corn? Way to impress the ladies.

CAROL: I hadn't noticed. Maybe they're just really hungry.

Later, in Frasier's office

MS. TAYLOR: Nothing more than falling asleep all day. They were much more well rested yesterday.

FRASIER: I will find some dirt on them. They will be mine.

Later, after school, the boys are trying to stay awake, falling asleep on each other's shoulders.

HOWARD: I'm sorry, witch or no witch, we need sleep.

GROVER: Howard just said that. I think. We need some fresh clothes, too.

CHAD: And a nice, hot shower.

WALKER: But what if they attack us seperately?

GROVER: Fine, we'll go to my house. We sleep, shower, change, and head for Sam's.

HOWARD: I never thought that fighting witches would be this tough. How does Dorothy do it?

Meanwhile, in the Dark Dimension, Kartheiser is watching them through a mirror.

KARTHEISER: They aren't even worth the fight. Jerrica, you were beaten by these children?

JERRICA: Yes, but they were much more well rested yesterday. It's probably just an act to lure us out into the open.

KARTHEISER: Very well, I shall wait for them to be at strength before I strike. That way I can see just how strong they are.

JERRICA: Then we shall destroy them.

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
Later, at Grover's house

CHAD: I feel better, but your clothes are a little small, Grover. How do you stand it?

GROVER: That's the size I wear. I'm not big and buff like you or Walker.

HOWARD: (yawning) Thanks for the vote of confidence. By the way, where is Mr. Big and Buff?

GROVER: He's in the shower. I'm going to catch a quick nap on my couch. Chad, you get the bed, and Howard and Walker have the sleeping bags.

They lay down to catch a quick rest when Chad hears a slight crying from the bathroom. He opens and sees Walker sitting there, replacing a bandage over a nasty looking wound.

CHAD: Whoa, what happened? I didn't think anyone got hurt in that fight yesterday.

WALKER: I... fell a few days ago. It's nothing.

CHAD: Nothing, my pale white butt. What's with the bruises on your arm?

WALKER: I'm really clumsy. Let's just drop it, okay?

CHAD: Right. Maybe you should take the bed. I'll take the sleeping bag.

Chad closes the door, and Walker pulls on his clothes. While the others are sleeping, Chad makes a phone call.

CHAD: Hi, is Dad there? Oh, can you tell him I called? It's Chad (pause) His son. Okay, I understand. Bye.

Later, the boys are riding their bikes toward the mall.

HOWARD: I feel much better now. These clothes are a little tight, even though I'm not big and buff.

GROVER: Bite me, twig boy.

CHAD: Where are we heading, Walker? This is kind of far to be riding our bikes.

WALKER: We're heading to the old abandoned mall where Sam and his dad live.

CHAD: An abandoned mall?

WALKER: Sam's dad is kind of eccentric. One more thing, we have to watch out for booby traps.

TOGETHER: What?

The boys arrive at the mnall and park their bikes. They go up to the doors and knock.

CHAD: Remember my earlier comments about the Wizard of Oz?

WALKER: (knocking on door) Yeah, I guess we should some midget in a fuzzy hat to greet us at the door.

HOWARD: He's not answering. Do you think they heard us?

WALKER: Maybe we should just go ahead and go inside. I don't think Sam would mind.

They enter the building, watching their step.

WALKER: He lives at the far end of the mall. Maybe that's where he is, now.

HOWARD: Weren't you saying something about booby traps?

WALKER: It's nothing to worry about. Not unless he started using the deadly ones again.

CHAD: Deadly ones? Walker, what have you gotten us into?

They continue through the mall, watching their step. A short while later

HOWARD: This isn't so bad. What kind of traps could this place possibly have?

Just as Howard says that, the four are scooped up into a giant net, and are hoisted twenty feet into the air. They struggle to break free.

WALKER: You were saying?

HOWARD: I was saying watch out for that giant net on the floor.

Suddenly, the net starts to lower.

CHAD: See? We're going to be fine. They must have realized we came in peace and-

The net lowers just inches from the ground.

WALKER: Anyone else getting a bad feeling about this?

A figure wearing a dark mask and cloak is wielding a giant pitchfork at them.

CHAD: We're gonna die!

To Be Continued...

[ 06-20-2002, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Tobias Christopher ]

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
The story begins as Howard, Grover, Chad, and Walker are hanging in a net, with a dark figure threatening them with a pitchfork.

HOWARD: You know, it has always been my dream to die in a mall. Not really, I'm just trying to sound melodramatic.

FIGURE: What are you doing here? This is private property.

WALKER: We're here to see the Wizard?

CHAD: Why didn't you tell us thatere would be a loon holding us hostage with a pitchfork?

FIGURE: Walker?

WALKER: It's not like I forsaw this coming, I'm not a psychic. Hey, wait a minute. Sam, is that you?

TOGETHER: What?

The dark figure removes his cloak and mask. Underneath is a teenage boy.

WALKER: I should have known. Guys, this is Sam. He's the guy who gave me the sonic sneakers.

SAM: Sorry I scared you guys, but we don't get many visitors around here. What are you guys doing here?

Sam cuts down the net, dropping the others to the floor.

WALKER: It's a real long story.

GROVER: Which we can explain later. I have to use the bathroom. Which way it is?

SAM: Down that corridor. You can't miss it.

GROVER: Thanks. Be back in a minute.

Grover runs off as Sam starts leading a tour of the mall.

WALKER: Hey, where's your father at, Sam?

SAM: Away on business. We really don't live here, it's more like a laboratory. Dad owns the lot, so he let's me do my experiments here. So , what brings you guys here?

WALKER: It's kind of hard to explain.

HOWARD: A witch and a tin can are trying to kill us so they can take over our world and reducee it to ash.

CHAD: Sounds sane enough to me.

SAM: So, a witch is trying to kill you. Where do I fit into all of this?

WALKER: We thought you could give us some help. You're good with inventions.

SAM: So, you need my inventions to battle them? Are you sure about this?

CHAD: Pretty much.

Grover returns, out of breath.

GROVER: This mall is seriously too big. I almost never found you guys.

SAM: Did you find the bathroom alright?

GROVER: Uh... yeah, I found it.

SAM: I think I can help you guys out. Follow me.

HOWARD: From sleeping in a cave to touring an arsenal loaded mall. Yeah, my psychiatrist is going to have a field day with this.

The boys follow Sam to one of the vacant stores. Sam turns on the light, and they see it loaded with tons of inventions.

SAM: (tossing a skateboard to Chad) Here, this one's got your name all over it, Chad.

CHAD: Yeah, the villains will really be shaking when they see this. It doesn't even have any wheels.

SAM: That's not just any skateboard, Chad. It's a hoverboard. You can fly pretty close to the top of the Sears tower with that thing. But I'd practice it first.

Chad jumps on the board and starts flying around the room, then crashes into a stack of boxes.

CHAD: A lot of practice.

SAM: It takes some getting used to, but it'll come in handy. Howard, try these out.

Sam tosses some tiny cubes to Howard.

HOWARD: I remember these. Aren't the sides supposed to be colored?

SAM: Just hold them in your hands and concentrate on them.

Howard holds the cubes as they start to flash and turn into a pair of sais.

SAM: Pocket sized weapons, totally concealable. I have some for all of you. Here, Grover, put this on over your shirt.

Sam hands Grover a medallion, and attaches it to his shirt. The medallion starts glowing and transforms into a chest shield.

SAM: That shield is invulnverable to everything except a few metals. If it takes too much punishment, it'll shrink back to a medallion.

GROVER: Cool.

SAM: That's only the beginning. Let me show you guys some more stuff.

WALKER: Smoke bombs, flares, communication equipment. Is there anything you don't have here?

SAM: Just whatever I can't make from stuff around the house.

Walker and Chad load the stuff up into a backpack, along with the hoverboard.

HOWARD: How can we thank you, Sam?

SAM: Well, you could let me join you. I want to help you against this witch.

The others huddle and discuss it for a minute.

WALKER: You do realize it could be dangerous?

SAM: I'm willing to take that chance. What better way to find out if my inventions work?

HOWARD: You're in. It looks like we're officially a team now.

WALKER: It's getting late. We'd better get going. Everyone remember to be careful.

HOWARD: No problem. We're more than ready to take care of these guys if they show up again.

GROVER: We'll keep in contact with these wrist communicators.

The kids head out the door for home. Meanwhile, in the Dark Dimension

JERRICA: They must be at their full strength by now. I want another shot at those kids.

KARTHEISER: Forget it. You have failed me once. You will not get the chance to fail me again. Perhaps Automaton should go alone this time.

JERRICA: Automaton? Why do you insist on keeping that mortal here?

AUTOMATON: I am more than a mere mortal. Shall I prove it to you?

KARTHEISER: Automaton shall go alone this time. Remember, I want them alive. For the time being.

AUTOMATON: I shall promise nothing. If they persist in annoying me, then I shall destroy them.

KARTHEISER: I trust you to keep them alive. Remember, I can destroy you just as easily.

AUTOMATON: We shall see.

Automaton enters the portal and heads for earth. Meanwhile, Howard and Chad are roaming the city on their new hoverboards.

CHAD: My mom wasn't there when I got home. I'm worried about her, Howard. She's always fighting with my dad.

HOWARD: I'm not sure how to help you, Chad. Have you ever tried talking to them?

CHAD: What's the point? Nothing I say would make them stop arguing. Hey, what's that?

They spot Frasier entering a hotel room. They land and look inside.

HOWARD: We could get in so much trouble for this.

CHAD: Or he could. I have an idea.

Meanwhile, at Walker's house

MRS. SULLIVAN: Look at this pigsty. I want this room cleaned spotless before you do anything, do you understand?

WALKER: Yes, ma'am.

Walker's mother closes the door as Walker starts cleaning.

GROVER: (on communicator) Walker, are you there buddy?

WALKER: Yeah, I'm here. I'm grounded for eternity, but I'm here.

GROVER: Same here. No time to talk, just wanted to check in. See you at school tomorrow.

WALKER: If we live that long. This is going to take forever.

Shortly, Walker's room is completely spotless as he falls on the bed.

WALKER: Let's see them touch my room now.

Walker slides his shoes into the corner. Later that night, as Walker is asleep, a portal opens up.

AUTOMATON: This is the right place. There's only one of them.

KARTHEISER: Then use that one as bait to lure the rest of them.

AUTOMATON: Excellent suggestion.

Walker is still asleep as Automaton aims his laser at Walker's head.

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
As Automaton aims the laser, it shines into Walker's eyes, waking him up.

WALKER: (sleepy voice) Not again.

AUTOMATON: I'm sure Kartheiser wouldn't mind if I destroy just one. He still has three to choose from.

Walker jumps out of bed as Automaton fires. The blast burns a hole straight through the bed. Walker does a flip and lands right in front of Automaton. Just then, Walker's mother opens the door.

MRS. SULLIVAN: Walker, what are you doing-

Automaton fires as Walker slams the door shut, saving his mother. The blast has knocked her unconscious.

AUTOMATON: You got lucky with that one. Do you have any final requests before I fry you?

WALKER: Yeah, how fast can you get Jennifer Aniston over here?

Automaton fires at Walker, who lunges for his charred desk. He grabs the cubes as Automaton fries what's left of the desk.

WALKER: Let's see if we can make this a fair fight.

Walker has the cubes, which transform into katana blades.

AUTOMATON: Your little toys won't save you.

WALKER: It's not me I'd be worried about saving, pal.

Automaton fires as Walker slices the laser off of his arm.

WALKER: Care to try again?

Automaton punches at Walkre, who blocks the blows with his blades. Walker takes a swing, but misses.

AUTOMATON: That was your mistake, boy.

Automaton punches Walker in the stomach in full force with his metallic arm. Walker drops to the ground.

AUTOMATON: Do you really think you have what it takes to defeat me?

WALKER: Maybe if I had a can opener.

Automaton grabs Walker by the foot and turns him upside down.

AUTOMATON: You shall pay for that insult. In the meantime, I have decided not to kill you, but use you for bait.

Walker is still weakened from the punch he took.

WALKER: Do you mind if I get my shoes first? If I have to go to-

AUTOMATON: I'm not falling for that one this time.

WALKER: Well, then you're going to love this.

Walker kicks Automaton in the face, forcing him to drop Walker to the ground.

AUTOMATON: You can not escape from me! Batter up!

Automaton tosses a bat at Walker, knocking him out.

AUTOMATON: You won't die at this moment, but it will happen soon.

Automaton drags Walker through the portal back to the dark dimension. The following morning at school

HOWARD: Where's Walker? Do you think something happened to him?

CHAD: We have to get over to his house. Grover, you find Sam and have him meet us there.

Shortly, at Walker's house

HOWARD: There was a battle, but where's Walker?

CHAD: His mother is still out cold. Do you think they got him?

HOWARD: Well, I don't think he'd go willingly. Not without letting us know first.

CHAD: Hey, look over there!

Chad points to Walker's sonic shoes lying in the corner.

HOWARD: He wouldn't go anywhere without those. He must be in trouble, and he's defenseless.

CHAD: I think that witch is behind this.

Howard picks up the katana cubes, and the sonic shoes, putting them into a backpack.

HOWARD: I wouldn't doubt it. If only we had some sort of clue as to where they took him.

Grover comes running in with Sam, holding a note.

GROVER: I found this in the hall. It's from someone called Automaton.

HOWARD: That metal dweeb from the other day.

The boys look at the ransom note.

CHAD: (reading) I have the boy. Come to Notpolito Point to rescue him if you dare. Signed, Automaton.

GROVER: Well, guys?

TOGETHER: (doing a high five) We dare!

Later, in the park, Walker is dangling from a tree branch, overlooking a vast casm, still only wearing a t-shirt, boxers, and socks.

AUTOMATON: They will be here shortly. Then we shall have them, Kartheiser.

KARTHEISER: Excellent. Remember, do not fail me. You will not get a second chance.

The portal closes as the others arrive at the park.

HOWARD: Do you think Frasier will be mad that we skipped school?

GROVER: It's only our third day. It's not like we're going to be doing this all year.

CHAD: Besides, who knows what they're doing to Walker?

HOWARD: Do you guys see anything?

CHAD: Yeah, I see Walker dangling from Notpolito Point. It looks like he could fall any second.

GROVER: We have to save him!

FRASIER: I knew I'd find you boys here! Skipping school, are we?

CHAD: No, sir, we just-

FRASIER: Well, I do not look kindly on school skipping. All of you are expelled!

HOWARD: Expelled? But it's only our third day.

FRASIER: You spend the first day wandering the halls, and the second asleep during all of your classes!

GROVER: He has us there, Howard.

HOWARD: But it's not our fault.

FRASIER: Oh, and whose is it?

The boys just look around for a second.

HOWARD: (taking a deep breath) Thewitchcameandthreatednetokillusandthenthegiantme
talthinghadtheremoteandgroverhadthebasefballbatand
nowWalker'sabouttofallfromthecliffandtheowrld'sgoi
ngtobeturnedsaintoashunlesswes topthem.

Howard falls over backwards as Groverhelps him back up.

FRASIER: You're still expelled. I never want to see you on school property again!

Frasier walks away as Howard gets up.

HOWARD: Chalk up another victory for... whoever we are.

SAM: We can strategize later. Right now we have to get up there and help Walker.

The kids head up to the point, where Walker is hanging.

HOWARD: Don't worry, pal, we'll have you free in a second.

AUTOMATON: You must get past me, first.

HOWARD: Your funeral, pal.

The kids pull out their weapons, as Grover activates his shield.

GROVER: Anytime you're ready.

CHAD: Let Walker go, or face the... the... guys, help me out over here.

They form a huddle and debate while Automaton activates a robot from behind the bushes.

AUTOMATON: Prepare to die, you-

GROVER: Do you mind? We're discussing something here.

The robot has a laser on each arm, and a large one on top.

CHAD: Hey, guys, check it out.

HOWARD: Some people always have to be the center of attention.

The robot is stalking towards them.

[ 06-21-2002, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Tobias Christopher ]

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
AUTOMATON: Try to defend yourselves, if you can.

Sam and Chad attack the sides as Grover climbs to the top and starts pounding on the machine.

SAM: It must be made of evemantium, the strongest substance on Earth!

CHAD: You could have said something sooner, you know.

SAM: Maybe if we took out the lasers, we might have a chance!

GROVER: Thanks for the tip, Sherlock!

They try to attack the lasers, while Howard and Automaton fight.

AUTOMATON: Give it up, child. Your friends can never defeat my ultimate robot of destruction.

HOWARD: Is that another pre-crisis joke?

They continue fighting. Grover plugs the top laser, which causes it to explode.

GROVER: Just jam the barrel!

SAM: No problem!

Sam and Chad take out the side lasers the same way. Finally, Sam sticks his bo staff through the eye of the robot, causing it to fall over and explode into flames.

SAM: So much for that. Go back to "Lost in Space". Loser.

GROVER: Come on, let's see how Howard's doing.

Howard and Automaton have come to a draw when they notice the destroyed robot.

HOWARD: See? My friends did it. I told you they could take your little toy.

AUTOMATON: Let's see them deal with this.

Automaton pushes Howard out of the way and heads for Walker, who's hanging upside down on the cliff.

HOWARD: He's going to drop Walker! We have to stop him!

They race to Automaton, who has untied Walker and is holding him by the leg over the casm.

AUTOMATON: The battle may be yours, but victory is mine! Your friend is about to pay the ultimate price!

SAM: Chad, quick, where's the hoverboard?

CHAD: It's over there!

SAM: There's not way we could reach it in time!

Howard is already halfway to Automaton when he let's Walker go over the edge. Howard dives just in dive.

HOWARD: Don't worry, Walker, I've got you.

Howard has grabbed Walker by the foot and is trying to pull him up. The others are still fighting Automaton.

KARTHEISER: Automaton, what is going on?

AUTOMATON: Kartheiser, you are just in time to witness the destruction of-

KARTHEISER: You have failed. Return to the Dark Dimension at once!

AUTOMATON: Very well, but not before I finish those two brats.

Automaton kicks Howard over the edge of the cliff. His feet are the only things holding the boys to the edge.

CHAD: We have to pull them up!

AUTOMATON: Enjoy the funeral, boys!

Automaton exits through the portal as it closes. Just then, Howard goes over the edge before Chad can catch him.

SAM: No, they're gone!

They look over the edge to see Howard and Walker falling towards the ground, miles below...

To Be Continued...

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
The story begins as Walker and Howard are falling from Notpolito Point. Chad grabs the hoverboard from the bench.

CHAD: I've got to save them! Don't worry, guys, I'm coming!

Chad prepares to jump over the edge when he trips and falls.

CHAD: No, I have to get down there!

SAM: It's too late, Chad. They're already gone.

GROVER: We lost two of our best friends. It looks like Automaton won.

Meanwhile, Howard and Walker are still falling.

WALKER: It was nice knowing you, Howard.

HOWARD: Too bad this is how it has to end. I wish we could... Hey, would you mind not bleeding on me?

WALKER: Sorry. Automaton must have cut my leg when he untied me. Hey, wait a minute. We've stopped. Isn't the ground down there?

HOWARD: Maybe we're already dead. Maybe we're hallucinating that we're still dying.

Walker starts floating up, with Howard following him.

WALKER: I hope someone can explain this.

CHAD: Hey, guys? This may sound weird, but I don't see them.

GROVER: What? There should be a big slimy glob of-

SAM/CHAD: Grover!

GROVER: I'm sorry, I guess I just wasn't thinking too clearly.

CHAD: I can't believe Howard and Walker are gone.

HOWARD: Who's gone?

CHAD: Howard and Walker- (scared expression) Howard and Walker! They're alive!

Howard and Walker are standing on the edge of the cliff.

SAM: How? I thought you two fell over the cliff.

WALKER: I don't know how it happened. We were falling, then we stopped. We were just floating there. The next thing we knew, we were all the way back up here.

GROVER: That's believable. Sam, can you explain this?

HOWARD: Yeah, tell us if we're going insane, which wouldn't be a stretch for me, anyway.

SAM: There has to be a way to find out. We have to get back to my laboratory at the mall.

The kids head back down the path. Meanwhile, in the Dark Dimension

KARTHEISER: They have escaped. I trusted you, Automaton, and you have failed me.

AUTOMATON: They were more resourceful than I anticipated. It won't happen again.

KARTHEISER: Yes, I know. You two have failed together, and you have failed seperately. I am willing to give you one more chance. Fail me again, and I won't be as forgiving.

Meanwhile, back on earth, Sam is performing tests on Howard and Walker.

SAM: This is incredible. I've never seen anything like this. Walker's blood is overflowing with... something. But I can't explain Howard flying.

GROVER: Check this out, Sam. Looks like Walker has an open wound.

SAM: It kind of makes sense now. Walker bled on Howard, transferring whatever it was to Howard, causing them both to gain the power to fly.

CHAD: That's a thin plot device.

HOWARD: Great, we've just entered the twilight zone.

SAM: Exactly. But look at the bright side. Now you and Walker have a new weapon against this Kartheiser guy.

WALKER: I'm finding this hard to believe.

SAM: Do it again. Try to fly.

Walker starts flying around the room.

WALKER: This is weird. How long does this usually last?

SAM: Somehow it's a part of your DNA. It should be permanent. Howard's should wear off eventually, though.

Howard hits a wall and falls to the ground.

HOWARD: Good thing, too.

WALKER: This doesn't seem so hard. All you have to do is avoid the walls like this.

Walker slams himself into a wall. Meanwhile, in the Dark Dimension

KARTHEISER: I shall give you one more chance to succeed. Do not fail me again.

AUTOMATON: But I did destroy two of them.

KARTHEISER: Exactly, you metallic moron! I wanted them brought here alive! What part of that didn't you understand?

JERRICA: There are three others left. Three of out five isn't bad, you know.

KARTHEISER: Perhaps. Very well, the two of you will capture the remaining three. Do not disappoint me.

JERRICA: I know how to capture the remaining humans.

Jerrica conjures up a vision in a mirror.

JERRICA: We will use their own technology against them. If we take over their precious department store, they will be helpless against us.

AUTOMATON: A department store? Why would we want to take over a department store?

JERRICA: I have been reading up on human society. It seems the humans depend on it for "Appliances".

KARTHEISER: "Appliances"? Are they important to humans?

JERRICA: Yes. The humans need their technology to survive.

Automaton laughs as the suggestion. Jerrica just scowls and zaps him.

KARTHEISER: Fine. Take over this "department store". We shall see how they cope when take their only means of survival.

JERRICA: And when those children show up...

AUTOMATON: We shall crush them!

Meanwhile, Walker sneaks through the front door of his house and runs into his little brother.

WALKER: Damien, where's mom?

DAMIEN: She's out looking for you. You're in so much trouble when she gets home.

WALKER: I can explain everything. Well, most of it. You don't have anything on me.

DAMIEN: Don't I?

Damien lifts Walker's shirt, revealing a nasty looking bruise.

DAMIEN: Or better yet, I have something on mom. Play your cards right, and I'll keep quiet.

Damien hits Walker in the bruised area. Walker falls to the ground in pain.

DAMIEN: Don't forget, you belong to me.

Shortly, Jerrica and Automaton come through a portal at the local department store. People start staring at them.

JERRICA: Mortals. They may stare now, but soon they will be trembling before us.

AUTOMATON: What is the plan? Just how are we supposed to take over this store?

JERRICA: SImple. We use their own world against them.

Jerrica uses her magic to brignt he appliances to life. They start chasing around the people in the store, using cords and wires to tie them up and trip them.

JERRICA: Now all we have to do is wait.

The toasters, ovens, vcrs, and other appliances are rounding up people into one area.

JERRICA: Now for the final touch.

Jerrica points her finger, creating a force field that traps the people inside.

AUTOMATON: They will never able to resist people in danger. It's too perfect.

JERRICA: Now we just wait for them to show up.

One of the people inside the force field is Carol, the girl Howard likes.

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
Meanwhile, at the mall, Walker returns and sees Howard doing aerial stunts, but still hitting the walls.

HOWARD: I'm starting to get the hang of this. Too bad it won't last too much longer. Check this out!

Howard does a loop-de-loop, but crashes into Walker, gets up and starts flying again.

WALKER: We have to learn to use this power before we do anything else.

CHAD: Where did you go, Walker?

WALKER: I had to go home. (grabs stomach) I had to see if my mom was alright.

GROVER: Are you alright? Why are you holding your stomach?

WALKER: I'm fine. It's just... something I ate.

SAM: Howard and Walker should get comfortable with their powers before we go into battle against that witch. We don't want them to do any crimefighting just yet.

HOWARD: Crimefighting?

WALKER: Hey, that's not a bad idea. We could use these powers for the good of mankind!

HOWARD: What powers? We fly around, trying not to hit stuff. And my power won't last much longer.

Howard hits the wall and falls to the ground.

SAM: You know, maybe you shouldn't tell people about your powers just yet.

GROVER: Yeah, if anyone sees you two flying, they might want to dissect you, or something worse.

WAALKER: I'd hate to think about what "something worse" is.

HOWARD: You're right. We'll be careful. It's not like we know anyone who could exploit our powers.

SAM: You two should stay here and practice your flying. Chad and Grover, could you run an errand for me?

CHAD: Sure, what do you need?

SAM: Just a few odds and ends.

Sam pulls out an extremely long list that rolls across the hall and out the door.

GROVER: Spark plugs, batteries, genuine interociter parts... a few odds and ends, huh?

Chad and Grover walk out the door as Walker hits the wall again and falls to the floor. A short while later, when they arrive at the department store, they can't get the doors open.

CHAD: This door is stuck.

GROVER: Here, let me try it. It just needs a really good pull.

Grover pulls at the door, and then tries pushing it. Nothing works to get it open.

CHAD: Maybe they're closed. Excuse me, ma'am? What time does this store open?

The gril turns around as Grover instantly recognizes her.

GROVER: Jessica, is that you?

JESSICA: Grover? Long time, no see! Where have you been all summer?

CHAD: You two know each other?

GROVER: We grew up together. We've been best friends since kindergarten all those years ago.

CHAD: That's nice, but what time does the store open?

JESSICA: Is it open, but some metal fruitcake has taken over the place. He bolted the doors shut.

TOGETHER: Automaton!

JESSICA: You know the guy? He says he's waiting for some kids to show. He says he wants vengeance or something.

CHAD: It's a long story. Come on, we have to get the others.

GROVER: You want to join us, Jessica? We could use all the help we can get.

Jessica runs along with them as they head back to the mall to tell the others

300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
Later, at the mall

HOWARD: Automaton must really be desperate if he's taken over a whole department store.

WALKER: Yeah, really. Come on, we have to go and help all those innocent people.

SAM: Wait a minute, you guys. You're still not ready yet. Besides, how do we get inisde the store? The doors are still locked, remember?

HOWARD: You're right. There's no sense in even trying to get in there.

JESSICA: We have to. My best friend Carol is trapped inside.

Howard quickly turns his attention to Jessica.

HOWARD: Carol Collins? The woman I've loved since the first day of school?

WALKER: I don't think there's any stopping him. So, does anyone have an idea on how to get in there?

GROVER: Well, they might just let us in. The trap is for us, isn't it?

HOWARD: Don't be silly. We'll have to find another way in.

Minutes later, the kids arrive at the department store. The doors are still locked.

GROVER: The doors are still locked.

SAM: So, how do we get in?

As asks the question, the doors open automatically.

GROVER: I told you so. So, who wants to go in first?

CHAD: Do we have any choice?

WALKER: Not really, so what are we waiting for? Let's get in there before it's too late!

HOWARD: Jessica, you don't have to do this. This is our fight, after all.

JESSICA: Carol's my best friend. I have to help her.

HOWARD: Can't argue with that. Let's go!

They enter the building cautiously. As the they enter, the doors close behind them.

CHAD: Yeah, this seems like a real warm welcome. Shall we go on?

WALKER: I just hope we're not biting off more than we can chew.

Meanwhile, they are being monitored from a different part of the store.

JERRICA: Automaton, there are now six of them! I thought you said only three survived?

AUTOMATON: They are obviously craftier than we thought. That means they get to suffer.

THey continue monitoring the kids as they continue through the store.

HOWARD: I don't see anybody. It's almost as if we're walking into a trap.

GROVER: Is this guy serious?

CHAD: I'm afraid so. At least things can't get any worse.

Suddenly, the lights go out. When they come back on, they find a shocking surprise.

SAM: It's an army of savings!

They look around and see an army of home appliances heading towards them.

HOWARD: Everything must go, including us!

They start fighting the appliances as the machines start to pile up. Meanwhile

CAROL: There has to be a way out of this force field. Am I the only one who's calm?

She looks around and sees that everyone around her is in a panic. Carol starts feeling around the force field.

CAROL: I guess so. There must be a flaw in this thing. But how do I find it?

In the monitor room

KARTHEISER: And how is the trap coming?

JERRICA: They will be ours any second now. They have no hope of escaping.

KARTHEISER: Be sure that they don't. I want them alive.

AUTOMATON: They're taking out a lot of the army. Perhaps we should use more power.

Jerrica turns up the power as more appliances head towards the group.

WALKER: Is this the way we're going to die? Fighting an army of home appliances?

HOWARD: We're almost through, keep fighting!

JESSICA: So, do you guys do this often?

CHAD: No, it's pretty much new to us, too. Hey, guys, check it out. I see our exit!

Theuy continue their fighting, and reach the door. A pile of appliances lay behind them.

JERRICA: They took out all of that power?

AUTOMATON: They are a lot more resourceful than we gave them credit for. But they won't escape this time.

HOWARD: I see the hostages. They're trapped in that force field.

SAM: What are we waiting for? Let's go and rescue them!

CAROL: Jessica, is that you? Who are your friends? That one looks kind of cu-

JESSICA: These are... who are you guys?

WALKER: We'll make introductions later. Let's get these people out of here.

Automaton throws a switch, and an army of appliances sneak up on them.

HOWARD: Not this again. Is it just me, or are there more this time?

They try to escape, but the appliances back them into a corner.

JERRICA: They are overwhelmed. We have won!

WALKER: Looks like a going out of business sale.

CHAD: And we're the ones going out!

To Be Continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard