Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:

That would be you, Whomod/insaneliberal.

(And who do you think you're kidding with this new user-name?
However, the name is appropriate. You're clearly demented, and too consumed with hatred for Bush, and conservatives in general, to ever be reached by the facts.)

OK, that's the 2nd time I read this accusation.

I just have to laugh.

and shake my head.

and then add something about people making assertions not grounded in any sort of reality. Something i'm quite used to from you guys so it's no big deal actually.

Last edited by whomod; 2004-04-14 7:30 AM.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
You mean like the way you accused me of lying about voting for Ralph Nader?

Maybe I should just edit out my accusation, the way you edited out your prediction that Saddam Hussein would never be captured (the night before he was captured, no less)

It's not about oil or Iraq" topic, page 17:
HERE

As I've said exhaustively, I think it's legitimate to question the actions of any President.

My only problem is how you and the other Whomods of the world make such bitter, angry and mocking accusations, not based on facts, and without the slightest interest in civility, respect for institutions, and respectful debate of the facts.

Your goal, and of those like you, is just to create as much division, vindictiveness, misrepresentation, and damage to our culture as possible.

To create as much distortion and anger as you can. Anything that will cause torment for people you don't like, anything to stick it to conservatives.
Even when you joke, it's malicious humor, attempted at someone's expense.

And when you're joking about dead U.S. soldiers, and Iraqis, and you're showing graphics of Conan O'Brien and saying "woooo bring it on! ", man, that is vicious. When like 70 soldiers have died in the last two weeks, and about 600 Iraqi fighters, and who knows how many Iraqi civilians have died, and those who died before them over the last year.

To mock that these people are dying.
And that makes you happy, because in your malicious glee, you think that somehow makes your point.

And then you have the audacity to pretend you care about our country or our troops. Or the Iraqis.

I can't help thinking that the world would be a better place without you.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Liberals frequently make these kind of un-American statements and gestures, and then backtrack later when they are exposed on camera or in written articles, yourself included, Matter eater Man, over the last two pages. You give a list of protest slogans you endorse, and then backtrack to say you don't, when called on your blatant anti-Americanism.

Where did I endorse all those signs? I didn't. What I did do was give a very large representation of different signs you might see in my neck of the woods. At no point did I endorse them, to say so is just plain lying! This was in response to some signs G-man had posted as examples. These examples were simply not representative of signs I've seen. Please stick to what I've said.

Fair play!
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

And these liberals disgrace America before the world with their bitter unfounded allegations. For what?

the audacity! trying to do the president's job for him .

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

Because of some posts on a message board?

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
Quote:

Darknight613 said:
Quote:

Because of some posts on a message board?

Second!

that was uncalled for I think....

anyway, I'm not an american, so what do I know!?!

Racks be to MisterJLA
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Originally posted by JQ:

Thay hate Bush, not America.

Another vote that liberals do, in fact, hate the President.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Somebody sent this to me a couple of days ago.

http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html

It doesn't really have much to do directly with Bush, actually. It's more about Katherine Harris. Also, at the end of the flash video, there's a link to an investigative journalist's report.

I don't know about the veracity of the report, but if it's on the level, this may give some insight on why some people are upset at Bush. Whether aiming their anger at Bush himself is justified or not...I imagine there are going to be different opinions on that.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Self-proclaimed liberal David Shaw points out that the hosts of Air America, the new, already-failed (?), liberal radio network, seem to be Bush haters:

Quote:

...during the 17 hours I listened... President Bush was [called] "an idiot," "a liar," a "lazy sack of crap," "a fake Christian," "a murdering scumbag" and — amid a discussion of Janet Jackson and the Super Bowl — "the biggest boob of all."

And, before, any of you pipe up in your reedy voices "Rush Limbaugh," Shaw also notes:

Quote:

But Limbaugh does his name-calling so creatively and hilariously that it usually winds up being entertaining.

Not satire.
Not policy discussion
Just hate.

JQ Offline
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
I have no problem with radio hosts who hate a man who deserves to be hated.

I listened to Rush Limbaugh every day during the war. He was a headache inducing jackass. He was occasionaly funny, but he's no less of a jackass than Al Franken.

FREE SCOTT PETERSON! "Basically, you've just responded with argumentative opinion to everything I've said. And you respond with speculations, speculating that I'M speculating. "- Wonder Boy
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I never found Limbaugh funny. Occasionally he said something I agreed with, but even that was a rarity. He was even more of a jackass in his brief stint on ESPN(I didn't think his comments on black athletes were racist as some accused him of being, however).

What I've read of Franken has been entirely satire. Sometimes he'll even make fun of himself making fun of republicans. I never listened to his radio station, though.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i thougth Limbaugh was funny years ago at the beginning of the Clinton era but his schtick soon got old and repetitive, Franken is funny in the same way whomod is, it funny to see how they throw all logic out the window to support their whacko conspiracies....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

I have no problem with radio hosts who hate a man who deserves to be hated.

The discussion is not SHOULD liberals hate the President. It's DO liberals hate the President.

Apparently, you think they do.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Some really dislike him. Some don't. I thought that was established early on.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If the whole "Liberals hate the President" thing had any real basis in truth I think you would have seen Howard Dean garner more support in the primaries.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I dunno what G-Man is trying to prove.

So some liberals HATE the President.

Big hairy deal.

It's as if he's accusing people of being commies or something.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:

It's as if he's accusing people of being commies or something.

I think the theme this time around is traitors.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Bush campaign used Enron, Halliburton jets, records show

WASHINGTON -- During the 2000 presidential election recount battle, George W. Bush's campaign used jets owned by several large corporations, including Enron Corp. and Halliburton Co., that are now under federal investigation, according to Internal Revenue Service records and officials. .............

"The Bush administration literally flew into power on Enron's and Halliburton's private jets," said Bill Buck, a spokesman for the Democratic National Committee. .

Yeah. I hate the fucker. I however pity the deluded fools who think these guys are out to better anyone but themselves.

Last edited by whomod; 2004-04-20 6:13 AM.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
As noted, back in November:

If both unelected AND elected liberals are basing their views on imporant issues on nothing more than "blind rage," how should we evaluate their views?

Should we evaluate liberal viewpoints the way we would reasoned, well-meaning, arguments? Or should we treat them as biased ravings of the enraged?

Something to ponder...

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

If both unelected AND elected liberals are basing their views on imporant issues on nothing more than "blind rage," how should we evaluate their views?

Should we evaluate liberal viewpoints the way we would reasoned, well-meaning, arguments? Or should we treat them as biased ravings of the enraged?

Something to ponder...

I'd think that's something to take on a case-by-case basis. There are some liberals whose criticisms can probably be taken as well-meaning arguments, and some liberals who are probably just biased and angry. So I think it depends on who's making the criticisms.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
But what happens when any criticism, no matter how supported by facts and no matter how many contradictions and outright falsehoods are found out about the people being criticized, is dismissed as nothing but "blind rage"? Waving it all away as the angry ravings of some partisan fringe really does a diservice to those who don't share your POV on things.

At least this guy here agrees.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

Something to ponder...

Why shouldn't people be enraged?

A President with no mandate 1. takes your country to war 2. on the back of a non-existent threat 3. by which his friends get rich. 4.

I'd be mad if I was an American.

Blind Republican partisan loyalty is one approach, but being healthily skeptical and right wing is another. You can question your President and be a good citizen.... and a good Republican.

Footnotes:
1. Setting aside the election outcome, any president who wins with no real majority does not have a mandate for any major policy initiatives, including war. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandate

2. At the US taxpayer's considerable expense, and with 702 Americans killed thus far.

3. Day 391 since invasion, and day 349 of the occupation, and still no WMDs.

4. http://money.cnn.com/2003/03/25/news/companies/war_contracts/

and

http://www.house.gov/reform/min/inves_admin/admin_contracts.htm

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

Something to ponder...

Why shouldn't people be enraged?

A President with no mandate 1. takes your country to war 2. on the back of a non-existent threat 3. by which his friends get rich. 4.

I'd be mad if I was an American.

Blind Republican partisan loyalty is one approach, but being healthily skeptical and right wing is another. You can question your President and be a good citizen.... and a good Republican.

Footnotes:
1. Setting aside the election outcome, any president who wins with no real majority does not have a mandate for any major policy initiatives, including war. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandate

2. At the US taxpayer's considerable expense, and with 702 Americans killed thus far.

3. Day 391 since invasion, and day 349 of the occupation, and still no WMDs.

4. http://money.cnn.com/2003/03/25/news/companies/war_contracts/

and

http://www.house.gov/reform/min/inves_admin/admin_contracts.htm

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

The discussion is not SHOULD liberals hate the President. It's DO liberals hate the President.

Apparently, you think they do.

Actually, from what I can follow of the drivel you and your associates are talking, the discussion is "Why liberals shouldn't be allowed to hate the President, and why Michael Moore should be locked up".
So I tell you what: name me twenty Republican pundits who were all for Bill Clinton (or Jimmy Carter if you can remember that far back) and you can claim to have won the argument.
Otherwise, you can shut up. The party in power will always be subjected to sniping from the opposition. If you have a problem with this, you should probably ignore any kind of political debate in favour of assuming that all is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

This one today was too good to pass up. It's funny in so many different ways.

Quote:

April 23, 2004

THE NATION

Presidential Insult in the Bag, Literally

From Associated Press

SEATTLE — Clothes can make a statement. Urban-bag designer Tom Bihn has discovered that labels can too.

Bihn's sales have doubled since a French-language presidential insult mysteriously made its way onto the bilingual washing instructions for hundreds of his laptop bags and backpacks.

The labels read: "Nous sommes desoles que notre president soit un idiot. Nous n'avons pas vote pour lui."

Translated into English: "We are sorry that our president is an idiot. We didn't vote for him."

Bihn's self-titled company has drawn national attention and sparked Internet chatter since a Seattle customer spotted the insult and posted a photo of his bag's label on his Web log.

Bihn is careful to note that the tag doesn't specify who "our president" refers to.

"I'm going with the idea that it's a joke about me, the president of the company," Bihn said Thursday, but "clearly when you use the word 'idiot' and 'president' in the same sentence, people jump to other conclusions."

Bihn, 43, said he knew nothing of the tag until calls and e-mails started coming in from people around the country asking for "the bag with the label."

Bihn figures about 2,000 labels were printed and hundreds had been sewn into his bags.

About 500 labels remain, and Bihn continues to use them. He also has given them to customers who want just the label.

The company also has rolled out a line of "French Label" T-shirts with the enlarged label silkscreened onto the front. The company says all profits from the shirts are donated to the Seattle Veterans Center.

Bihn, who has a Seattle store and a Port Angeles factory outlet, said he has gotten some complaints, but most people who call him say the labels are funny.

None of Bihn's 10 employees has taken responsibility for the tags.

Last edited by whomod; 2004-04-24 5:43 AM.
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
whomod-

Please click on the link, and click the different colors.

Thanks!

http://www.limmy.com/playthings/xylophone/

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
whomod-

Thanks!

um....

How does NO work for you?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
you know ya did......

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

D. McDonagh said:
The party in power will always be subjected to sniping from the opposition. If you have a problem with this, you should probably ignore any kind of political debate in favour of assuming that all is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.

Sure there is always sniping.

However, the question here is whether or not the level of opposition to the President from the other side has gone from respectful disagreement, or even disrespectful disagreement, into outright loathing, and whether the level of political discourse from the left has gone from "this is why the President is wrong" to "we HATE him, nuff said."

No one here has advocated that Michael Moore be incarcerated, or even that the left "shut up."

Ironically, however, you (and some of your fellows) seem all to eager to order people to cease a discourse you find uncomfortable.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
whomod-

Thanks!

um....

How does NO work for you?

That's OK...I'm sure you hear the site's message on an average of twenty times a day...

JQ Offline
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
whomod-

Thanks!

You are a fucking cunt!

FREE SCOTT PETERSON! "Basically, you've just responded with argumentative opinion to everything I've said. And you respond with speculations, speculating that I'M speculating. "- Wonder Boy
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Maybe he is and maybe he isn't, but he's unarguably entertaining!

Where's your sense of humor? Don't dish it out if you can't take it!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
From the New York Post

A shocking image of a blood-spattered President Bush devouring a headless child is causing an uproar.

The drawing by sculptor Richard Serra, based on a painting by Goya, is being used to promote pleasevote.com, billed as "a call to vote the Bush administration out of office."

It appears on the back cover of The Nation's July 5 issue.

Ironically, Serra, a past recipient of NEA grants, was once praised by First Lady Laura Bush in a White House press release about one of his pieces at a Texas museum. His "Tilted Arc" once graced (or defaced) Federal Plaza in lower Manhattan until it was destroyed in 1989. Pundit Andrew Sullivan labeled the Bush image "an obscenity" and "simple demonization."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You don't get much more "mainstream democrat" than the head of the Democratic National Committee.

The current frontrunner for that position is former Presidential candidate Howard Dean.

The New York Daily News quotes Dean as saying, at a DNC gathering over the weekend, "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for..."

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That's an incomplete quote. You really shouldn't punctuate it as such.

Anywho, how is that any different from the stuff that gets said by Republican, including many of the people here?

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Here's the complete article, for those who are interested.

Quote:

HOWARD DEAN, THE favorite to be the next head of the Democratic National Committee, made his case in midtown yesterday, promising to make his party operate more like the GOP - at least when it comes to elections.

"I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for, but I admire their discipline and their organization," the failed presidential hopeful told the crowd at the Roosevelt Hotel, where he and six other candidates spoke at the final DNC forum before the Feb. 12 vote for chairman.

But Dean said the Democrats should not change their beliefs to be "Republican lite."

"We can talk about our faith, but we cannot change our faith," he said, echoing themes he sounded in his presidential bid. "We need to be people of conviction."

Later, he said that what "95% of Americans are really concerned about" is national security. But he said Americans also do not want to sacrifice the nation's values. "They want America to be the moral leader of the world again," he said.

Dean came into the event riding a fresh wave of momentum. A day earlier, he was endorsed for the top Democratic spot by Clinton ally Harold Ickes amid speculation over whether Bill and Hillary Clinton would try to block Dean.

Ickes, who briefly considered running for the DNC chairmanship himself, said he was not speaking for the Clintons, but it was a sign the former First Couple won't oppose Dean, who would be chairman for any run Hillary makes at the White House.

Also vying for the seat are grass-roots activist Donnie Fowler, former Texas Rep. Martin Frost, 9/11 commission member Tim Roemer, Simon Rosenberg, former Denver Mayor Wellington Webb and lawyer David Leland.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Steve Merryman observes:

Bush-Hatred is like porn for Liberals.

Like porn of the flesh, it's the thrill of political extremes that titlllates the Left. In this political peep show, our president is not merely misguided; he's "deranged." He's not simply striving for an unattainable goal; he's a "boy in a bubble" acting with "callow hubris."

Just as porn appeals to the desire to flaunt societal convention, those on the left must feel great excitement in spewing their sweaty conspiracies, the wackier the better. Nothing is too sinister for this president to attempt. There is no taboo of political discourse the Left is not willing to trample in their need to satisfy their desire. This is the tawdry atmosphere in which it is acceptable, even encouraged, to write such things as "Full blown civil war, if it comes to that, will serve Bush's purpose, too. All the better if Syria and Iran leap into the fray . . ." and "The only meaning 'freedom' can have in Iraq right now is freedom from the US occupation . . ."

Addiction to porn can render one incapable of engaging in real relationships. One wonders if the left can put such sordid obsessions aside and enter into a real conversation with the American people ever again.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You've gotta love it when a political standpoint is compared to pornography. Plus, he separates liberals from "the American people". Now THAT'S the bile that is destroying America!

I think I'm in love.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
His comparison to porn is specious.

We all wear a green carnation.
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Steve Merryman observes:

Bush-Hatred is like porn for Liberals.

Merryman actually starts off criticizing an anti-Bush editorial, calling it a "putrid stinking excuse for a column," which leads into his tirade.

The column in question, by James Carroll of the Boston Globe can be found here: http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editori...of_an_election/

Quote:

Train wreck of an election

By James Carroll | February 1, 2005

IN THINKING about the election in Iraq, my mind keeps jumping back to last week's train wreck in California. A deranged man, intending suicide, drove his Jeep Cherokee onto the railroad tracks, where it got stuck. The onrushing train drew near. The man suddenly left his vehicle and leapt out of the way. He watched as the train crashed into his SUV, derailed, jackknifed, and hit another train. Railroad cars crumbled. Eleven people were killed and nearly 200 were injured, some gravely. The deranged man was arrested. Whatever troubles had made him suicidal in the first place paled in comparison to the trouble he had now.

Iraq is a train wreck. The man who caused it is not in trouble. Tomorrow night he will give his State of the Union speech, and the Washington establishment will applaud him. Tens of thousands of Iraqis are dead. More than 1,400 Americans are dead. An Arab nation is humiliated. Islamic hatred of the West is ignited. The American military is emasculated. Lies define the foreign policy of the United States. On all sides of Operation Iraqi Freedom, there is wreckage. In the center, there are the dead, the maimed, the displaced -- those who will be the ghosts of this war for the rest of their days. All for what?

Tomorrow night, like a boy in a bubble, George W. Bush will tell the world it was for "freedom." He will claim the Iraqi election as a stamp of legitimacy for his policy, and many people will affirm it as such. Even critics of the war will mute their objections in response to the image of millions of Iraqis going to polling places, as if that act undoes the Bush catastrophe.

There is only one way in which the grand claims made by Washington for the weekend voting will be true -- and that is if the elections empower an Iraqi government that moves quickly to repudiate Washington. The only meaning "freedom" can have in Iraq right now is freedom from the US occupation, which is the ground of disorder. But such an outcome of the elections is not likely. The chaos of a destroyed society leaves every new instrument of governance dependent on the American force, even as the American force shows itself incapable of defending against, much less defeating, the suicide legions. The irony is exquisite. The worse the violence gets, the longer the Americans will claim the right to stay. In that way, the ever more emboldened -- and brutal -- "insurgents" do Bush's work for him by making it extremely difficult for an authentic Iraqi source of order to emerge. Likewise the elections, which, as universally predicted, have now ratified the country's deadly factionalism.

Full blown civil war, if it comes to that, will serve Bush's purpose, too. All the better if Syria and Iran leap into the fray. In such extremity, America's occupation of Iraq will be declared legitimate. America's city-smashing tactics, already displayed in Fallujah, will seem necessary. Further "regime change" will follow. America's ad hoc Middle East bases, meanwhile, will have become permanent. Iraq will have become America's client state in the world's great oil preserve. Bush's disastrous and immoral war policy will have "succeeded," even though no war will have been won. The region's war will be eternal, forever justifying America's presence. Bush's callow hubris will be celebrated as genius. Congress will give the military machine everything it needs to roll on to more "elections." These outcomes, of course, presume the ongoing deaths of tens of thousands more men, women, and children. And American soldiers.

Something else about that California train wreck strikes me. As news reports suggested, so many passengers were killed and injured because the locomotive was pushing the train from behind, which put the lightweight passenger coaches vulnerably in front. If, instead, the heavy, track-clearing locomotive had been leading and had hit the Jeep, it could have pushed the vehicle aside. The jack-knifing and derailment would not have occurred. The American war machine is like a train running in "push-mode," with the engineer safely back away from danger. In the train wreck of Iraq, it is passengers who have borne the brunt. The man with his hand on the throttle couldn't be more securely removed from the terrible consequences of his locomotion. Thus, Bush is like the man who caused the wreck, and like the man who was protected from it. Deranged. Detached. Alive and well in the bubble he calls "freedom," receiving applause.

Rather melodramatic, but some valid points are made, such as the potential for the cycle of violence in Iraq to perpetuate.

Last edited by Darknight613; 2005-02-01 10:35 PM.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard