Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231664 2001-09-11 5:33 PM
300+ posts
OP Offline
300+ posts
What possesses someone to cause such a horrible act of violence?

Why does anyone, ever, think it is okay to do something this horrible?

Every life is precious, and it's wrong for anyone, anywhere, to believe it is right to take lives in such a horrible way, or any way at all.

This isn't just a sad day for America, but a sad day for mankind as a whole.

#231665 2001-09-11 5:41 PM
RT Offline
1 post
1 post
quote:
Originally posted by Tobias Christopher:
What possesses someone to cause such a horrible act of violence?

Why does anyone, ever, think it is okay to do something this horrible?

Every life is precious, and it's wrong for anyone, anywhere, to believe it is right to take lives in such a horrible way, or any way at all.

This isn't just a sad day for America, but a sad day for mankind as a whole.

Loathing, hatred, passion, desperation.

I could conceive an attack on the US the world is not particularly enamoured of us. I am surprised they sacrificed themselves to do it. It makes me want to know what it is all about.

#231666 2001-09-11 6:21 PM
1 post
1 post
Yeah, I hope we learn who's behind this and all the little facts that haven't been told yet. But we probably won't know some of that for weeks, maybe. I just hope those who did this are caught, and the one behind all of this is taken down. To do so would be a betterment for everyone, not just Americans, because a person like this does not deserve to live on this great Earth of ours. It's a gift he (/she) does not appreciate.

#231667 2001-09-11 7:29 PM
1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by RT:
[QB]I am surprised they sacrificed themselves to do it. [QB]

Do you not keep up with World News? They're cases of Suicide bombers killing innocent People & children at least every week!

#231668 2001-09-11 8:06 PM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
ROY's right. Most terrorists (if not all) have little to no respect for the sanctity of human life. It's very sad. These people are extremists, and they don't care what they do or who they hurt, just so long as they get their point across. Diplomacy is unheard of and they vehemently hate the United States.

It saddens me that mankind has degraded to resolving issues in this manner...

#231669 2001-09-12 12:18 AM
THE Franta
3000+ posts
THE Franta
3000+ posts
Exactly suicide terroists are nothing new... we need to find the twisted minds that are the leaders of these groups and put a stop to them blowing up random targets will not get the leader.

#231670 2003-07-22 4:36 AM
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Wow...reading through some of these old threads, posted just after the 'event' kinda brings it all back. These thoughts are truly touching and raw, far from the political spin we've seen in subsequent media references...So my question, and the reason I've chosen to bump this particular thread, is: "Why?"

I mean, we know the bs the the Bush administration has fed us, creating a boogyman to splash all over the media, and somehow segway this tradgedy into a war campaign with little if any relation. The real reasons behind 9/11, and the previous crash of TWA flight 800 still go unanswered....Why is this? Why can't we get a straight answer?

I think at the very least, the freinds and family of the victims deserve a complete answer to this simple question...to hell with the hunt for 'weapons of mass destruction.'

#231671 2003-07-22 10:38 AM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
These thoughts are truly touching and raw, far from the political spin we've seen in subsequent media references

#231672 2003-07-22 12:09 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Why?

Muslim fanatacism, that allows them to externalize blame on the United States, instead of putting the blame on the repressive brutality of their own leaders and beliefs.

It is not politically correct to say that Islamic culture is inferior. But that is the truth. It is islamic culture that creates the violence, wars, extermination and general instability and economic stagnation of the nations of the Muslim world.
And because we make the mistake of trying to help them, they can hate us for being culturally and economically superior to them. Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, and Pakistan, to name a few, are among the largest recipients of U.S. foreign aid.

And if the U.S. and other Western nations are "guilty" of anything, it's treating savage barbarians like their repressive governments are worthy of not being interfered with, and giving them equal weight and respect in the United Nations with civilized nations.

quote:

I mean, we know the bs the the Bush administration has fed us, creating a boogyman to splash all over the media, and somehow segway this tradgedy into a war campaign with little if any relation. The real reasons behind 9/11, and the previous crash of TWA flight 800 still go unanswered....Why is this? Why can't we get a straight answer?

I think at the very least, the freinds and family of the victims deserve a complete answer to this simple question...to hell with the hunt for 'weapons of mass destruction.'

I think the liberals attacking Bush are the ones who are feeding the public BS.

The United States was NOT pursuing war, and was working in co-operation, within U.N. limits, with prolonged troop presence in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, no-fly zones over Northern and Southern Iraq, and trying to give negotiations a chance. It was the hatred of Muslim fanatics which led to the 9-11-01 terrorism.
And pretty much the endorsement of the people and governments of the entire Muslim world afterward.
DESPITE the fact we were avoiding conflict and pursuing peace.

If we had ignored the U.N.'s bureaucratic and cowardly limits on action toward a non-compliant Iraq 12 years ago (when Iraq first violated the U.N. cease-fire), or 8 years ago(when military defectors first revealed Iraq's first secret WMD program, and deliberate deception of U.N. inspectors) or 5 years ago(when Iraq threw out the U.N. weapons inspectors), then 9-11-01 would never have happened.

I deeply resent the attempts of yourself and other liberals to blame it on Bush or U.S. policy. It is far from an opinion based on facts.
The victim-culture of Muslims and their rage at the U.S. perfectly mirrors the propaganda of liberal Democrats in the U.S., who whip up their political support by telling people they are victims. Instead of telling people they are empowered, or to use their ability to build something, they both tell people to feel victimized, and to lash out at some hated scapegoat. Which leaves them in power, but does nothing to truly help people. Either Muslims or Democrats.

#231673 2003-07-22 12:27 PM
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:

It is not politically correct to say that Islamic culture is inferior. But that is the truth. It is islamic culture that creates the violence, wars, extermination and general instability and economic stagnation of the nations of the Muslim world.

I actually think that's a perfectly valid point of view, given thier track record. I just don't see what it has to do with 9/11. The attacks were only thinly linked to the Al Queda (sp?), with the following taperecorded threats from BinLaden proven as fakes. The only 'proof' that we were given of the link is the Bush administration's insitence. And there was never a reason given for the crash of flight 800.

quote:
I deeply resent the attempts of yourself and other liberals to blame it on Bush or U.S. policy. It is far from an opinion based on facts.
The victim-culture of Muslims and their rage at the U.S. perfectly mirrors the propaganda of liberal Democrats in the U.S., who whip up their political support by telling people they are victims.

I just want a straight answer. I'm not blaming anyone, yet. I'd simply like to see an open explanation for these tragic events, without any political subterfuge. Does that make me a blind, arrogant liberal?

#231674 2003-07-22 1:43 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Sept. 11 Report Says No Smoking Gun

No single piece of information could have prevented the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, not even an FBI informant who became acquainted with two of the hijackers, a congressional report says.

#231675 2003-07-22 1:50 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
quote:

I just don't see what it has to do with 9/11. The attacks were only thinly linked to the Al Qaida , with the following taperecorded threats from Bin Laden proven as fakes. The only 'proof' that we were given of the link is the Bush administration's insistence. And there was never a reason given for the crash of flight 800.

I already detailed some of the evidence of links to al Qaida in my first post to this topic:
"The World's Reaction to the War"
http://www.robkamphausen.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000673;p=3

And I fail to see what is so suspicious about flight 800. If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it.
The plane crashed in Pennsylvania, apparently because the hostage passengers rushed their attackers and caused the plane to crash.
( There's also an unproven theory that U.S. Air Force fighter jets blew it out of the sky, to keep it from reaching the Capitol, or a nuclear power plant in its trajectory path. )

From all I can see, the passengers overrunning the terrorists caused the plane to crash, I fail to see any evidence to give any other pet theories weight.

I fail to see how lack of any further evidence beyond this surfacing about flight 800 is Bush's fault. I don't think Bush could suppress further evidence if he tried.

#231676 2003-07-22 2:07 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
To correct myself, the Pennsylvania crash on 9-11-2001 was actually Flight 93.

After some searching, I finally found that Flight 800 was a crash on July 17, 1996, over Long Island Sound, where the official reason for the crash was an exploding feul tank.
And it is alleged that the real reason for the crash was a shoulder-launched surface-to-air missile.

Two sites have extensive documentation of investigation of the Flight 800 crash:

http://www.twa800.com/index.htm

http://www.cnn.com/US/9607/18/twa.section/

But again, why would Bush cover up something Clinton was hiding? It would make Bush look good, and Clinton and the Democrats look bad, if Bush had facts and would expose them.

#231677 2003-07-22 2:12 PM
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Thanks for posting that link Rob...That's news to me.

#231678 2003-07-22 2:17 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
quote:
Thanks for posting that link Rob...That's news to me.

it actually just came out, as we were discussing this.

apparently, all sorts of "final" reports are coming out now, on the 9-11 stuff. the reports that point out where things went wrong or failed or missed or whatever, and what needs to be done to fix it. the one report is some 900 pages long of legalese, but most everything seems to indicate that, without any jack-the-little-death foreknowledge, the attack was damn near impossible to stop.

Rob #1063603 2009-06-06 3:06 PM
not the wordiest of the wordy
200+ posts
not the wordiest of the wordy
200+ posts
I know

Link Copied to Clipboard