Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
Insert comments in this thread about the story or whatever [censored] you wish to bitch about...

Now have at it!

Click here or I'll bite you! The Time Trust
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
...bitch wasn't censored?

Oh, and I like peanut butter.

"You're either lying or stupid."
"I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"
Megatron and Starscream
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Posted two epilogues, each leading up to my new FRINGE series, F.E.M.M.E., which I hope to have the first chapter of up sometime after the first of the year. (I might also add another chapter to The Mark if I can get inspired... ) That's all I've planned on posting here for awhile, so unless something comes up that I need or want to post in, I'll just see y'all 'round the chat threads and whatnot.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Well, I would have posted tonight, but, Grimm is sitting here next to me, reading ToyFare.

The bastard.

Thus, due to his interference in my plans of world domination, I will CRUSH the accursed Richards with my bare--....uh...I mean, I will CRUSH the accursed Grimm for this impertinence.

And then there was the alcohol. But, we won't talk about that.

So, blame him that I'm not posting tonight...

DAMN YOU RICHARDS!!

...............I mean GRIMM!!

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Chewy, very cool post.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Wow, okay, so in a talk thread before or at the beginning of this story, I state my intentions to write my character out at the end of the issue. Nobody says two words about it. As I wait for my chance to break Velo from Vanguard forever, I post in solo threads and the talk threads from time to time, letting people know that I'm still hanging around. Then I find out that Mxy not only wanted my character present at the wedding(taking place after the current issue), but that he played an actual role in the goings on! So I have to scrap my original plans and work around what Mxy's doing...then I discover that my character's been turned to stone.

Yipes. Just yipes.

And that's terrible.
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Kris, the stone thing will be solved by Pro as soon as possible.

As for nobody saying anything about you wanting to retire your character, well, I think that shows just repsect for your will. I clamoured to have Velo back when you retired him the first time, I was very happy when you brought him back, but since then you did just two posts in the stories. I think that's obvious you are not interested in our Universe anymore, so why should we bother if you want to retire your character? I had a lot of hopes for what you wrote the last time, about Velo wanting to create basically a different superhero team, but then you said it was just a way to write him out, so, let it be.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
My point was that people were making plans and making life-altering changes to my character, after nobody said anything about me writing him out quietly before. That seems to show a lack of respect for my will, if anything.

And that's terrible.
500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

life-altering changes

What life-altering changes? KV will be perfectly back to normal after Pro's post with the exception of a possible headache and not knowing why he blacked out mid battle and what happened to him. Nothing huge happened or changed the man.

As for Mxy's plans, he has stated what he has wanted to do for a while now. He made it very clean and at any time you could have chimed in and said "No," but you didn't.

Have you ever looked into a mirror and wondered if behind it was another world, the same... but totally different?
- Reflection (2002) UTOPIAN PRODUCTIONS
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Man, Gooz... you're getting quite pitiless in your old age...

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

My point was that people were making plans and making life-altering changes to my character, after nobody said anything about me writing him out quietly before. That seems to show a lack of respect for my will, if anything.

About my plans with your dude, he was in the roster when I started writing the Special so I wrote him into the story and I found him to be quite handy. I knew that you wanted to write KV out but I didn't know when, so I just thought "If he takes KV out before the Special, I'll just replace him with somebody else". Then I talked to you that time and you didn't seem to have any big problems with me using KV in the Special.
So, if you want to take him out, just do it. I was just working with what I had at the time I started the Special but I can always go back and change it, it's not like I already posted it...

500+ posts
500+ posts
Okay, my current post sorta ends the Tobias debate. I talked to TC earlier in the day and he is in fact hoping to return soon, exact quote: "I'm hoping to get back into it soon"

I asked if whether he wanted Tobias to stay in the team or leave and he was cool with either way. He gave the option that if we wanted to write him out until he can fully post again he said to simply have him go off to see his son.

To stop the needless debate I used the Christmas special to write him out very loosely so he can come back at any moment.

Have you ever looked into a mirror and wondered if behind it was another world, the same... but totally different?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Quote:

life-altering changes

What life-altering changes? KV will be perfectly back to normal after Pro's post with the exception of a possible headache and not knowing why he blacked out mid battle and what happened to him. Nothing huge happened or changed the man.

You know I still read the talk threads...I saw someone(Pro?) say something that made it sound like it wouldn't necessarily just be undone or "perfectly back to normal" at the end of this. (Besides which, I'd consider being turned to stone a life altering change, regardless of how permanent it is. That could just be me, though.)

Don't worry about it. I was just busting Mxy's and whoever turned my character to stone(was it Pro? I don't pay attention while reading the story all that well...)'s balls. Since I saw that currently I am unable to write the out that I have been planning for months(a plan which I did announce), I got bored.

Quote:

As for Mxy's plans, he has stated what he has wanted to do for a while now. He made it very clean and at any time you could have chimed in and said "No," but you didn't.

He never stated anything about using my character until I asked him.

I made it very clear when I was writing my character out of the story, and at any time someone could have chimed in, "Maybe not," but they didn't. Then I find out plans were being made with my character. That's all.

And I'm making these "complaints" totally tongue-in-cheek.

Quote:

....I talked to you that time and you didn't seem to have any big problems with me using KV in the Special.
So, if you want to take him out, just do it. I was just working with what I had at the time I started the Special but I can always go back and change it, it's not like I already posted it...

Fuhgedaboudit. You know that if I had problems with your planning, I would've told you so right away. Besides, I'm curious as to how Velo will be used.

And that's terrible.
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I am happy you are not mad at us, KV.

I think the problem lies in the lenght of our stories. I personally asked you to have Velo staying until the fulfillment of D'Goon's debth, a plot you intorduced nearly two years ago.

Well, we are just ending now that story, so it's NOW the moment to have velo's exit. The stone thing is life altering, but it's not permanent, it's that sort of thing that when a character has a posting user, usually are resolved in two or three posts, while in a posterless character it tends to be carried on, because everyone is busy with his own stuff.

That's why at last in missions, it's better to have just character with actively posting writers, imo.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I'm back after a week of being out of town. Unfortuantely, AOL 9.0 seems to be having problems with the new board. I'm lucky to get into these threads much less this forum right now. I've only been able to read the most recently posted in threads. Hopefully, I'll have all that worked out in he next few days.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
I just wanted to let you know that I'm using the AOL 9.0 and it isn't causing me any trouble with the board, so hopefull your problem is temporary. Of course, if you're having trouble you probably aren't reading this. But I do pointless stuff all the time, so I'm used to it.
'

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Bottom line:

-Writers who don't write their characters on a frequent enough basis should be prepared to either: (A) Be considerate enough to the group to remove their character, so that no one else will have to deal with it, or, (B) Be prepared to have that character used in ways other writers believe is appropriate, useful, or, just creative.

I'm back in town now. Post goes up tomorrow.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Good to have you back, NotWedge. Great post in the Chritmas thread.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Thanks. Good to be back.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Bottom line:

-Writers who don't write their characters on a frequent enough basis should be prepared to either: (A) Be considerate enough to the group to remove their character, so that no one else will have to deal with it, or, (B) Be prepared to have that character used in ways other writers believe is appropriate, useful, or, just creative.

I would've removed my character months ago when it became clear that I wouldn't have time to do this stuff, but Euro wanted him. To me, it was more considerate to leave Velo around for a story that he would logically be involved with than writing him out beforehand.

I don't mind what you did to the character, I just think it's funny that we have board meetings and press conferences over Tobias, who hasn't posted in almost a year(and was a character that wasn't written true to form except by Tobias anyways), but here I am hanging around and my guy just gets turned to stone.

And that's terrible.
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
The discussions weren't just to do with Tobias' character, but with the multitude of characters whose posters were not active, yours included.

500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

over Tobias, who hasn't posted in almost a year(and was a character that wasn't written true to form except by Tobias anyways)

What makes you the master know it all? How do you know that Tobias hasn't been written perfectly? The real TC has no problem with how we have been writting him, so in what way have we been mishandling him?

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
This discussion is taking a turn that I don't like. Everybody seems to not read what the other is writing!

The discussion was about characters without posters, but the only one that is around is Tobias, because Notwedge is posting, and Tayden, albeith very sparingly, too.

Velo is not without a poster, just his poster doesn't like/have the time to post, so he wants to remove his character. He has not yet done it because I asked him not to.

On the reverse, having turned him to stone doesn't seems a big deal to me, it's one of the thing that happens in the stories, and it's not permanent. Pro will undo it as soon as he will find time to post, he has stated it, but Velo it'self could do that, if he has urge to remove the character. Hell, he killed KV in two lines, one or two stories ago!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Okay.

Everything is fixed, and status-fucking-quo is in full effect.

I was going to tack on Chance's funeral at the end, but, felt it would make the post much too long.

I still have an idea for Chance's funeral, mind you. However, given the timetable in which it needs to be done, and, my own limited availability (I've got a new job, and, thus new hours), I'm not sure when I can do it.

My suggestion, to help everything progress smoothly between Issue #14, The X-Mas Special, and Mxy's Wedding Special to come, is to just let me (or someone else) do the funeral as it's own thread/story/solo.

Given the ability to just do a 'Funeral Special', would give me, and anyone, the ability to write a very repectful, detailed, no-action, mini-tale that could explore, not only the character of Chance, and what he meant to the team, but, every other character's reactions, and what death means to each individual. These guys are often portrayed as strictly 'Heroes' within the stories. Let's see how it affects each member when one of their own does NOT come back from the battle, and, that it could have been any of them.

This team has just gone through the most dramatic, emotional overhaul since their inception as the Revolutionaries. From the roster change, to the Mandelovian war, to Chance's death, to the Antartica war, to Mick's death.

Don't just leave this to me to do. Let's all address this.

1 post
1 post
Posted my Mandelovian epilogue. I'm done with 14. Who else needs to post in that?

Gonna try to get to the Christmas story also, but I'm fighting a head cold at the moment, so it may take me a little while.

Left hand power of the pure. The world will tremble at our command. Left hand power of the lords. Builds upon our destiny. Destiny, take this land. Take this land by the death of man. Left hand triumph of the will. The world will whimper in our wake. - Lords of the Left Hand, Samhain
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I wanna make the very last epilogue. Anybody else wanna post something before me?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I'm done in this story. That is, in issue 14.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

I'm done in this story. That is, in issue 14.

That's a big 'ditto' for me, too!

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Quote:

I wanna make the very last epilogue. Anybody else wanna post something before me?

Yes.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
owner of a lonely heart?

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I have done with 14

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Ehy, T5 is the moderator of this board!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

What makes you the master know it all? How do you know that Tobias hasn't been written perfectly? The real TC has no problem with how we have been writting him, so in what way have we been mishandling him?

Good Gob, man! Call off your dogs! I was just throwing my two cents in about the whole silly situation, that's all. I'm not the first person to point out that TC's dark, brooding and rage filled speedster was a little bit more chipper when the rest of us worked with him. It's called an opinion. I know I don't post in the stories very much, but I was under the impression that I was still allowed to have one.

And that's terrible.
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Could you e-mail(or IM or PM) me? I'd like to make a short post but need to double check for any inconsistencies...

500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

It's called an opinion. I know I don't post in the stories very much, but I was under the impression that I was still allowed to have one.

Feel free to have an opinion, just stop trying to pass it around as a fact.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Quote:

Yes.

Well hurry up then!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

How the hell does this happen?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Great work, Grimm.
I don't see Phil doing public appearances, simply because he doesn't want people finding out who he is (the IRONY!!!) But that whole idea will be developed later on.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I think Luchadore should be the marshal...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard