Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Assassinist
500+ posts
OP Offline
Assassinist
500+ posts
The reason I ask is because we hardly ever get to see Superman perform heroic deeds anymore. I'm getting sick of the writers always telling me what a great hero Supes is instead of showing me.

That's why I think Superman needs a "Gotham Central" type book. So we can see Supes from the perspective of those around him.

What do you guys think?

"Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I've only ever glanced through Superman comics so I'm going out on a limb here:

Surely the more realistic and believable the citizens of Metropolis are as characters, the more heroic Superman's deeds wil appear. This works the other way too - if some villain moves against Metropolis his acts will seem all the more terrible.

The people that Superman is fighting to protect should be given some degree of individuality rather than being portrayed as some faceless abstract, otherwise how is the reader supposed to care about them and how are they supposed to care when Superman saves them?

So in answer to your question - yes.

If I had my way I'd run a Metropolis Central style title in paralell with one of the Superman titles, with minor characters being fleshed out in 'MC' and then making occasional low key cameos in the Superman book.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Quote:

The reason I ask is because we hardly ever get to see Superman perform heroic deeds anymore. I'm getting sick of the writers always telling me what a great hero Supes is instead of showing me.

That's why I think Superman needs a "Gotham Central" type book. So we can see Supes from the perspective of those around him.

What do you guys think?

Link Copied to Clipboard