Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Top Stories - Reuters

Washington Sniper Muhammad Sentenced to Die Oct.14
1 hour, 2 minutes ago

MANASSAS, Va. (Reuters) - A judge sentenced John Muhammad to death on Tuesday for one of 10 sniper-style murders that terrorized the Washington area in 2002 and set Oct. 14 as the execution date.

As expected, Judge LeRoy Millette confirmed last November's guilty verdict and death sentence by a jury and brushed aside Muhammad's appeal, which had argued his conviction was based on guesswork and emotion, rather than facts and law.

Before the sentence was passed, Muhammad again insisted he was innocent of the crimes that brought a reign of fear over the U.S. capital area, when victims were shot at random as they walked to school, mowed grass or waited at bus stops.

"I had nothing to do with it," Muhammad told the court.

The former Gulf War veteran was sentenced by a Virginia Beach jury for killing Dean Meyers, a 53-year-old Maryland man who was shot as he refueled his car in Manassas, Virginia. The trial had been moved to Virginia Beach, some 200 miles away, to avoid a prejudiced jury.

Muhammad accomplice Lee Malvo, who was 17 at the time of the killings, faces his sentencing hearing on Wednesday, when a judge will have to decide whether to confirm the jury's recommendation of life in prison. Malvo had faced a possible death sentence.

Muhammad is expected to lodge further appeals, which almost certainly will delay the execution.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Top Stories - AP

Teen Sniper Sentenced to Life in Prison
52 minutes ago

By ADRIENNE SCHWISOW, Associated Press Writer

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Lee Boyd Malvo, the young man who teamed up with John Allen Muhammad to terrorize the Washington area in a sniper spree that left 10 people dead, was formally sentenced Wednesday to life in prison without parole.

Malvo, 19, was sentenced a day after Muhammad was given the death penalty by a judge in nearby Prince William County. The judge in Muhammad's case could have reduced the sentence to life in prison, but Malvo's judge had no other option than life without parole, which the jury recommended.

Malvo, wearing a gray sweater, light blue shirt and dark trousers, did not speak during the 10-minute hearing, following the advice of his lawyers who did not want his words used against him in future prosecutions.

Prosecutor Paul Ebert, who led the case against Muhammad and is next in line to try Malvo, said he would wait until the U.S. Supreme Court rules on whether juveniles may be executed. A decision is expected next year.

Malvo was 17 when he killed FBI analyst Linda Franklin, 47, outside a Falls Church Home Depot store.

"If the Supreme Court rules that the death penalty is still available to juveniles, I will try Mr. Malvo and very likely seek the death penalty," Ebert said. He added that a trial would not take place until next year, at the earliest.

Robert F. Horan Jr., who led the prosecution of Malvo, said after sentencing that he plans to try Muhammad in the killing of Franklin. He said the trial could take place by the end of the summer.

Muhammad's attorneys are appealing his conviction in the Oct. 9, 2002, killing of Dean Harold Meyers, and Horan said another conviction would serve as a backup if the first one is reversed.

Malvo's attorneys argued during the trial that the teenager was legally insane because he was brainwashed by Muhammad, whom he considered his father. Jurors have said that while they did not believe Malvo was insane, they thought Muhammad had influenced him.

Defense lawyer Craig Cooley reiterated Wednesday that Muhammad was an influence.

"We do not believe anyone could have observed the evidence ... and believed Lee Malvo would be here except for the influence of John Muhammad," Cooley said.

Malvo attorney Michael Arif said after the hearing that Malvo is still in the process of realizing what he has done.

"He's cried on occasion, but hasn't yet come to appreciate the entirety of what has happened to the victims," Arif said.

Several family members of victims expressed unhappiness with the life sentence.

"They committed the crimes together. They together should get the death penalty," said Kwang Im Szuszka, sister of Hong Im Ballenger, who was shot in Baton Rouge, La., in the weeks before the Washington sniper spree. Muhammad and Malvo have been charged in her death.

Prosecutors in other states, including Alabama and Louisiana, are seeking Malvo's extradition to face potential death-penalty charges for killings there.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Maybe death is too good for him. Now he will undoubtedly become someone's bitch and be assraped for the rest of his life.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
HE'S INNOCENT!!

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
How?

now known as rex
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Whatever...I'm still more worried about killing the asses responsible for killing 5,000 people. a dozen or so seem paltry in comparison.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

rexstardust said:
How?

Cuz' he said so. He said he had nothing to do with it. The man's obviously innocent. Let him go.

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
OJ said he didn't do it also is he inoocent to?

now known as rex
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
Whatever...I'm still more worried about killing the asses responsible for killing 5,000 people. a dozen or so seem paltry in comparison.

A murderer is a murderer, whether he kills one man or a thousand. Just because he didn't kill as many people as some other doesn't mean he's not a scumbag and doesn't deserve to be brought to justice. As far as I'm concerned, even one murder is too many.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

rexstardust said:
OJ said he didn't do it also is he inoocent to?

Well duh!!

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Pariah, you are a fucktard.

now known as rex
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I really can't tell if you're being serious or not Rex, but just to make sure we have things clear. I've been joking....

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Quote:

Darknight613 said:
Quote:

Pig Iron said:

A murderer is a murderer, whether he kills one man or a thousand. Just because he didn't kill as many people as some other doesn't mean he's not a scumbag and doesn't deserve to be brought to justice. As far as I'm concerned, even one murder is too many.

Oh, no. He deserves to die. I just loathe all the media attention when it should be focused elsewhere. Half of the time people do crazy stuff like this just so they can get media attention.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I'm not a huge fan of the death penalty in any case. I agree that Muhammad's sentencing is probably the necessary deterrent against similar masterminding. I'm relieved, however, that they didn't level a similar sentence against Malvo. Whether he was brainwashed or not, he's clearly not gonna do anything like that again even if he's let out early. I always thought you put down the ones that were completely incurable (at least at the time of the sentencing ) and were going to be persistent threats to society, and whose crimes carried such notoriety and impacted so many that an example must be made of them. \

Either way, Malvo's behind bars for a pretty long time. I didn't hear them name any parole stipulations, so I'm going to imagine that he'd be eligible in thirty or forty years. That's the bulk of the man's life. I would imagine he'd either be adequately rehabilitated or adequately debilitated that further criminal acts would be out of the question.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Malvo should die.

The only reason he wasn't sentenced to die is because he was under 18 when he shot everyone.

And he did do the majority of the shootings.

They felt he should be tried as an adult, yet in the end, because he was under 18, they're letting him off easy. And that's bullshit. Can you really tell me that a 17 year old cannot comprehend an action like cold blooded murder, yet an 18 year old can?

Did I miss out on a miraculous moment of realization when I was 18? Where the hell is all the wisdom and maturity that I supposedly gained when I turned 18? Cuz goddamned if I didn't feel the same the day before I turned 18 and the day after.

Malvo should die along with his buddy. And hopefully one of the other jurisdictions that he killed someone in will right this mistake.

First National Bastard -Enormous, Sexually Voracious Lecher... who wants to claim your immortal soul!!!. Every time you masturbate, God Kills a kitten! Please... think of the Kittens. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Death's too good for him.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Death's too good for him.

I agree.

We should tie him to a chair, gag him, tape his eyelids open, and make him watch the complete works of Paulie Shore, with N-SYNC, The Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears CDs playing in the background - all at the same time. Oh, and something creative involving alligator clamps and electricity.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
How about some Shaq movies also?

now known as rex
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

rexstardust said:
How about some Shaq movies also?

Hmmm...I dunno. They don't seem nearly as bad as Paulie's.

Ooooh! I got it! Make him watch "Gigli" over and over again!

Link Copied to Clipboard