2000+ posts
See! A quote with a unrelated picture.

now known as rex
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

rexstardust said:
See! A quote with a unrelated picture.

Or maybe it's really YOU out to frame him!

I wouldn't put anything past anyone who came up with Saddam Hussein as the results of his "which famous leader are you?" thingie. (http://www.rkmbs.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=262072&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

Heh heh heh...I'm wise to your litle scheme...

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
Quote:

rexstardust said:
Look whomod has a new screenname!

Your powers of deduction are uncanny.

I happen to be proud of the fact that I don't troll around with multiple screen names to prop my own posts up.

Besides, I already posted my conservative picture in that last group of photos. I may be wrong but I think that bow tie might be a turn-off with the ladies. Hence the need I presume to try to roll back time to an era they perceive as being sexless and universally dorky.

But i'm sure some "liberal" was happily banging Wonder Woman that night despite being frustrated by having to protest a mile from where Bush was at and behind a rows and rows of trailers and buses to obscure protesters from those pesky opinion forming TV cameras.

Something the 'dorks for Bush' didn't have to endure. They were happy and eager to form fabricated 'universal' approval for the President in front of the TV cameras. But then bow tie man wasn't happily banging Wonder Woman.

My tactic now at protests is to wear cargo shorts and polo shirts or dorky bow ties and wave Bush placards around until the crucial moment where I can display actual dissent in the 2 seconds before the goosesteppers charge in to silence me and drag me away from the cameras and into the protest pens 2 blocks away.

Vive le libertie.

Last edited by whomod; 2004-04-14 5:48 AM.
100+ posts
100+ posts
SUCK MY HAIRY COCK!!!

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
If liberals don't hate America, then why are so many trying to leave it?

These are scary times for progressive Americans. Many feel isolated and embarrassed by the actions of our government. Some are downright terrified at what will happen if Bush is re-elected in November. When politics get too bleak, it's comforting to remind ourselves that we can always move to another country

News sources from CNN to Salon.com to The Daily Show have run pieces about Americans supposedly leaving the United States for other parts of the world.

One of the reasons people are thinking of leaving the U.S. is because of a fear of fascism.

If Bush is re-elected, many plan to start the relocation process. Joan Magit, who lives in Northridge, California, says she and her husband will most likely move to Vancouver if Bush gets in.

"The damage that has been done by this administration, especially in the court system, is a lot worse than people comprehend," she says. "I don't think I will want to live in a country that is so right-wing."

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
fear of fascism.

quite appropriate.

JQ Offline
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

These are scary times for progressive Americans. Many feel isolated and embarrassed by the actions of our government. Some are downright terrified at what will happen if Bush is re-elected in November. When politics get too bleak, it's comforting to remind ourselves that we can always move to another country

News sources from CNN to Salon.com to The Daily Show have run pieces about Americans supposedly leaving the United States for other parts of the world.

One of the reasons people are thinking of leaving the U.S. is because of a fear of fascism.

If Bush is re-elected, many plan to start the relocation process. Joan Magit, who lives in Northridge, California, says she and her husband will most likely move to Vancouver if Bush gets in.

"The damage that has been done by this administration, especially in the court system, is a lot worse than people comprehend," she says. "I don't think I will want to live in a country that is so right-wing."

Do you understand that it's the Bush administration that is making the people in the article leave. They've lived in America their entire lives, but they're just now leaving because of the Bush administration. Thay hate Bush, not America. They're anti-Bush, not anti-American. Turn off Liddy and try and let this sink in.

FREE SCOTT PETERSON! "Basically, you've just responded with argumentative opinion to everything I've said. And you respond with speculations, speculating that I'M speculating. "- Wonder Boy
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i hope he gets re-elected just to see their whiney asses leave.....

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Quote:

JQ said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

Do you understand that it's the Bush administration that is making the people in the article leave. They've lived in America their entire lives, but they're just now leaving because of the Bush administration. Thay hate Bush, not America. They're anti-Bush, not anti-American. Turn off Liddy and try and let this sink in.

The administration isn't "making" anyone leave.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
i hope he gets re-elected just to see their whiney asses leave.....

They will say he hijacked the election again.

now known as rex
JQ Offline
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

JQ said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

The administration isn't "making" anyone leave.

I knew one of you would misunderstand what I said. They're leaving on their own accord, but it's because of their dislike of the Bush administration, not America or American culture. Those people are anti-Bush, not anti-American.

FREE SCOTT PETERSON! "Basically, you've just responded with argumentative opinion to everything I've said. And you respond with speculations, speculating that I'M speculating. "- Wonder Boy
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
apparently, some do not know how to separate the president from the nation as a whole, especially (and perhaps only) when said political leader stands on the same side of the political fence as they do.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Originally posted by JQ:

Thay hate Bush, not America.

Another vote that liberals do, in fact, hate the President.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

JQ said:

Worst case scenario (for them) is four more years of Bush.

That's one hell of brief time period in the scheme of things, about what it takes to graduate college.

And, yet, despite the fact that Bush will be out of office in a relatively brief period of time no matter what, they want to leave America.

That would seem to point to a general dislike of the country, not the office holder.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Worst case scenario (for them) is four more years of Bush.

That's one hell of brief time period in the scheme of things, about what it takes to graduate college.

Maybe to some people. To others, four years can be a heck of a long time. And besides, a lot can happen in that time. Heck, look at everything that's happened over the last four years.

9/11 proved the entire world can change suddenly in a single day - certainly our own country did. Who knows how it can change over four years, for better or for worse?

And another thing - there's a lot of talk that Governor Jeb Bush is being prepped for a Presidential run in 2008. For now it's just talk, as far as I know. But that may be raising some concerns.

(And speaking as a very recent college graduate - four years of college can be an eternity. )

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
100+ posts
100+ posts
How does a few people leaving the country prove that all liberals without exception hate America and everything it stands for?
It'd be nice if one of the Republicans could make an effort to answer that instead of waving their potties around their heads and screaming.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Quote:

And another thing - there's a lot of talk that Governor Jeb Bush is being prepped for a Presidential run in 2008. For now it's just talk, as far as I know. But that may be raising some concerns.

Thats a bit silly, if thats there reasoning. Granted they both are Republicans but Jeb is a totally different politician. It's clear George W. governs different than his father. Of course you have to assume people that threaten to leave their country because of different politics have to be morons anyways.....

Last edited by britneyspearsatemyshorts; 2004-04-18 5:34 PM.
100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

Thats a bit silly, if thats there reasoning. Granted they both are Republicans but Jeb is a totally different politician. It's clear George W. governs different than his father. Of course you have to assume people that threaten to leave their country because of different politics have to be morons anyways.....

Right. All those kikes who fled Germany in the 'Thirties would have been a lot better off sticking around to get gassed.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
this just proves your a moron, comparing the politics of Bush to Hitler killing jews. its sad that some people use the trajedy of millions being killed for political uses.....

100+ posts
100+ posts
When did I mention Bush?
Your comment was that anyone leaving a country for politic reasons is a moron: that always struck me as a pretty good example of somebody leaving a country for political reasons that weren't all that stupid.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
obviously i made the mistake of thinking you had comprehension skills. to break it down for you i was replying to a post that metioned people leaving the country due to Bush's politics, and i said that was stupid. you related that to the jews and hitler, which you didnt state but being someone with comprehension skill i was able to make that distinction. i would argue that the jews left those countries because they were being murdered and not for political ideolgy, but perhaps that is beyond your grasp....

100+ posts
100+ posts
"Of course you have to assume people that threaten to leave their country because of different politics have to be morons anyways....."

You didn't say that, then? That isn't a specific reference to Bush, just generalised and extremely vague abuse which you've used the other as an excuse for.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
It seems to me, Mr. D, that Jews weren't leaving Germany because they disliked Hitlers politics so much as because they didn't want to end up on a train to Auschwitz.

That might be subtle distinction, but it's an important one. There was more than simple distate there, there was survival.

Furthermore, the liberals whining about wanting to leave the U.S. have no reasonable basis to compare Bush to Hitler. Bush has never advocated extermination of any ethnic group, including Muslims.

All he did, and continues to do, was advocate policies that approximately half of the country agree with at any given time. This is hardly the dramatic shift to the right that the anti-Bush partisans would have you think.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Quote:

D. McDonagh said:
"Of course you have to assume people that threaten to leave their country because of different politics have to be morons anyways....."

You didn't say that, then? That isn't a specific reference to Bush, just generalised and extremely vague abuse which you've used the other as an excuse for.

i said that in response to people leaving for his politics. you have to read the entire conversation not just the sound bites you want to attack. this isnt a political add where you get to use comments out of context. you busted you either a moron or use murder for political slant. im willing to bet form your posts its the moron tho.....

100+ posts
100+ posts
There was no connection made between the two points.
Attacking isolated soundbites taken out of context seems par the course for most of the political debate around here. If you find that distasteful, stop doing it yourself.

G-Man, self preservation isn't politics, true but it's been suggested that there were political reasons behind the holocaust. I'm not equating Bush with Hitler. Bush doesn't have either the wit or the charisma to get away with that sort of thing.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I win again!

100+ posts
100+ posts
Tell you what: before you go calling anybody a moron tidy up your spelling and your grammar. When you use English like a Dutch backpacker who was dropped on his head as a baby, it doesn't lend your attempts to argue that other people are more stupid than you a lot of credibility.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
D. resorts to the old spelling crutch.....I win again!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Hey! Now you have a beef with the Dutch too?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
ANTI-DUTCHITE!

now known as rex
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

D. McDonagh said:
I'm not equating Bush with Hitler. Bush doesn't have either the wit or the charisma

Gee, I guess eventually it had to the come this: the Euro-weenies are nostalgic for Hitler!!!

Oh, well, I guess that's preferable to gratitude to the US for stopping ol' Adolf.

Or maybe Europe just keeps moving further and further into socialism that National Socialism doesn't seem that extreme any more.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
i think there were many anti-american republicans during clintons terms, i think youll find alot od politicians who put their party or agenda above america......

Isn't that the truth.

I think too many people here are confusing "government" with "country". There is a huge gulf between the two concepts.

I am currently infuriated and incensed by the actions of my country's current government. But I'm a very proud Australian.

If that meant splashing my country's flag with blood to express my anger with my government, then so be it. The government is besmirching my country's flag far worse than I ever could.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

D. McDonagh said:
I'm not equating Bush with Hitler. Bush doesn't have either the wit or the charisma

Gee, I guess eventually it had to the come this: the Euro-weenies are nostalgic for Hitler!!!

Oh, well, I guess that's preferable to gratitude to the US for stopping ol' Adolf.

Or maybe Europe just keeps moving further and further into socialism that National Socialism doesn't seem that extreme any more.

hmmmm....

I'm not quite sure, but I think I should find that comment offensive!

Racks be to MisterJLA
100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

One (and I am fucking sick of having to point this out) America did not save Europe from Hitler. The Russians saved Europe from Hitler. If they had persevered with attacking us rather than invading Russia, they would have consolidated western Europe and gained a solid base from which to kick the living hell out of your sorry arses. All this "we're the reason you don't speak German" crap doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. You were too busy getting the living hell beaten out of you by the Japanese all over the Pacific to have any involvement in European theatre before the D day landings which wouldn't have happened if Germany hadn't been finished by then. A few aircrews and a loan we're still paying were far from the biggest contribution to that: five out of every seven German soldiers killed during the second world war were killed by Russians.
Two, I merely meant that Hitler could deliver a speech without looking like the biggest dickhead on Earth. Bush lacks this skill, as the number of Americans complaining about him demonstrates. Hitler killed one of my grandparents (back when Roosevelt was still kissing up to the cunt), at least by proxy, and I don't feel any nostalgia for the swine. There's elements of the American right who do, so as long as the Aryan Nation exists, shut up about the Euro Weenies.
For what it's worth, we're not Euro Weenies: our PM is sucking Bush's cock until his ears bleed and ignoring EEC directives. We didn't vote for the cunt but he's dictating our foreign policy. You could try apologising for that.
Doubtless if the Kurds had bombed the shit out of Manchester, twats like you and the arsehole with the nosepicking Simpson avatar would argue that we deserved it, which of course we would. You have no business whining about the liberal bias of European countries while they're providing you with cannon fodder to spare the chimp the PR fiasco of Americans getting killed.

100+ posts
100+ posts
Another point: National Socialism didn't have anything to do with Socialism as its practised by the more left leaning European countries (the UK isn't one). Bush's attitudes have a lot more to do with Nazism than anyone in Europe: not even Blair is that rightwing.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
we did save europe, you just jealous.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard