Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#282944 2004-04-26 5:12 AM
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Tonights ep. of the Simpsons mentioned my hometown of Dayton, OH.

A lot.

In what had to be a jab at Nancy Cartwright (the voice of Bart, and Dayton native), there plenty jabs taken at the city.

Marge has a guide book to Dayton, entitled "Dayton, OH: Two Exits of Fun".

My friends and I attempted to figure out what two exits these would be, but could only come up with one. This is the I-75 Exit near Dixie Hghwy and Needmore Rd. For about a mile stretch on Dixie is almost nothin' but strip clubs.

We could not think of the other fun exit.

Also mentioned in the show is a Zipper Museum, featuring the zippers from every James Bond.

Y'know, you live somewhere all your life, but never really experience it.

In all honesty, one of the better episodes in a while, as there were no celebrity guest voices that were jammed in uncomfortably for no reason, and the writing was generally pretty sharp and nasty. It did descend into an avant garde bit of odd animation/comedy, and some more Homosexual Grampa jokes at the end, but overall, pretty decent.

Gothic Do-gooder
2500+ posts
Gothic Do-gooder
2500+ posts
I understand that Lisa came out of "the broom closet" and declared herself Wiccan. Cool.

-----
Shiny!
Stareena #282946 2004-04-26 11:26 PM
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
...They're still on the air?

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Mr. Nobody said:

In all honesty, one of the better episodes in a while, as there were no celebrity guest voices that were jammed in uncomfortably for no reason, and the writing was generally pretty sharp and nasty. It did descend into an avant garde bit of odd animation/comedy, and some more Homosexual Grampa jokes at the end, but overall, pretty decent.

Didn't care for that odd little animation segment one bit. The rest of the episode was decent, but that bit ruined it for me. Seemed forced and not very well done.

Link Copied to Clipboard