I will Marry Christopher Oakley in May!

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Dream on.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
HURRAY!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
You're gonna wank to comic book fodder?!?

(Yet another reason I'm glad that I didn't get married!)

Are you gonna return to the RDCW?

I'm trying they don't want me.......I'm thinking of starting my own company......you know like PJP/TNA.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I predict that Frank Quitely will introduce junk and camel toe into the Superman universe.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That's a given. I thought it was interesting that on the cover to JLA: Earth 2 Superman is depicted as having a supersclong, but Batman appears to have a Batcave.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
..and WW has a Daily Planet?

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Quote:

Chris Oakley said:
Dream on.

I'm so excited, I've been reaming about this day for like forever! Who will be the Bridesmaids? I was thinking Mxy!

I shit on Hogan!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
son a mxy can be best gaysbian!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
I predict that Frank Quitely will introduce junk and camel toe into the Superman universe.

I thought Alex Ross already introduced guys' junk...his Superman looks very uncut to me.

We all wear a green carnation.
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Action Comics by Gail Simone with pencils by John Byrne will pull way ahead of the other main stream Superman titles (Superman will drop like an anvil when Azz and Lee are finished).

With Gail bringing her following onto Action, and Byrne adding his (those who haven't been reading, anyway), this book has potential to make a dent in the top 20. Plus, Gail has the opportunity to win over the Action readers who don't collect Birds of Prey, and that will pull BOP up as well.

Obviously, after seeing how successful Gail is, DC will have no choice but to hand over Nightwing to her, as her fans have been demanding for some time. With Phil Hester's consistant art, and Gail's large following, Nightwing will also rise from the ashes again, bringing back all of the former readers from the early days who have been dying to collect their hero once more.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
BoP is hugely over rated. In 2005 people will begin to realise this.

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
You don't like it,huh?

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Whatever gave you that idea?

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
It's okay, I have it on probation, giving the new roving style a try, but it will very likely get dropped soon.

It's fucking Spice Girls girl power, a style that has always irritated me (and was bullshit anyway, at least two has eating disorders, they were just another set of corporate music puppets). I preferred Chuck Dixon's brand of female self empowerment, just kicking arse. If you have to keep talking about being a self empowered woman, then you are probably insecure and not that empowered.

And that, my friends, is my piece of BS armchair psychology for the day!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Steve,

Have you posted your opinion on the BOP boards? You know, Gail actually reads constructive criticism like that.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I predict I will jerk off to BOP this year.

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
Whatever gave you that idea?

The fact that he called it "overrated" was certainly a tipoff.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I was being facetious, Chris...

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
You can lift objects with your mind?

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
I was being facetious, Chris...

So was I.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
You can kill black people with your mind?

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
You're sick,Mxy.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I'm not the one telepathically killing minorities...

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

I disagree. I think this is the opening stages for DC to do exactly what many of us have suggested here before. Use the multiple franchise titles to appeal to several segments of their fanbase, rather than just one segment. The new line ensures that continuity minded fans don't have to worry with this, and thus have nothing to bitch about.

From my experience, they think they DO have something to complain about...they're against ANY other interpretation than the one they deem is "proper." They do this on Superman and Batman all the time, usually asserting that only the versions started by Byrne and Miller are valid and that anything else is inherently bad. (Lest we forget, MOTA and his ilk spearheaded the claim that Siegel and Shuster got Superman all wrong because they didn't write him the same way that Byrne did.) I've seen these guys complaining on various MBs that the old-school readers are "stealing" comics away from them with the reuse of the older concepts, which is really ironic since these guys have not only been hogging comics to themselves for years, but are also hostile to any newcomers or anyone whose tastes don't line up with theirs. It's OK for THEM to steal comics away form everyone else, but don't do it to them....

Anyway, here are my predictions for 2005:

All-Stars Superman suffers the exact same fate as Birthright and Trinity...no support from DC, hateful lynch-mob flaming from the Byrne/Jurgens obsessives, and miserable sales. Meanwhile, Miller's All-Stars Batman will be praised to the skies and be a big seller just because it's Miller.

None of the regular Superman books go beyond what they are now: boring, stale, repetitive low-selling gruel.

The planned hostilites among the DCU heroes will get the same lavish praise that Identity Crisis got, with a silent majority of the fanbase still feeling annoyed that DC insists on making its universe painfully bleak.

Green Lantern will start with decent sales, but quickly falter in the long term.

Batman's increasing jerk-ness will annoy even more fans, but DC will just keep piling it on until it reaches critical mass.

FF will be a moderate box office hit, nothing more. Ditto for Constantine.

Batman Begins will split the audience down the center, some loving it without question and others seeing it as pretentious bull on the order of Hulk.

Bendis will still be the most overrated writer in the Marvel stable.

The DVD editions of The Adventures of Superman will barely sell at all, as most people these days can't even be bothered to watch anything older than they are.

Watchmen will see another director come and go, as will V for Vendetta.

DC and Marvel still won't do squat to break out of the dying direct market and get comics back into the hands of the masses.

As you can guess, my outlook for the industry is pretty grim.

My first novel, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Quote:

King Krypton said:
Quote:

I disagree. I think this is the opening stages for DC to do exactly what many of us have suggested here before. Use the multiple franchise titles to appeal to several segments of their fanbase, rather than just one segment. The new line ensures that continuity minded fans don't have to worry with this, and thus have nothing to bitch about.

From my experience, they think they DO have something to complain about...they're against ANY other interpretation than the one they deem is "proper." They do this on Superman and Batman all the time, usually asserting that only the versions started by Byrne and Miller are valid and that anything else is inherently bad. (Lest we forget, MOTA and his ilk spearheaded the claim that Siegel and Shuster got Superman all wrong because they didn't write him the same way that Byrne did.) I've seen these guys complaining on various MBs that the old-school readers are "stealing" comics away from them with the reuse of the older concepts, which is really ironic since these guys have not only been hogging comics to themselves for years, but are also hostile to any newcomers or anyone whose tastes don't line up with theirs. It's OK for THEM to steal comics away form everyone else, but don't do it to them....

Anyway, here are my predictions for 2005:

All-Stars Superman suffers the exact same fate as Birthright and Trinity...no support from DC, hateful lynch-mob flaming from the Byrne/Jurgens obsessives, and miserable sales. Meanwhile, Miller's All-Stars Batman will be praised to the skies and be a big seller just because it's Miller.

None of the regular Superman books go beyond what they are now: boring, stale, repetitive low-selling gruel.

The planned hostilites among the DCU heroes will get the same lavish praise that Identity Crisis got, with a silent majority of the fanbase still feeling annoyed that DC insists on making its universe painfully bleak.

Green Lantern will start with decent sales, but quickly falter in the long term.

Batman's increasing jerk-ness will annoy even more fans, but DC will just keep piling it on until it reaches critical mass.

FF will be a moderate box office hit, nothing more. Ditto for Constantine.

Batman Begins will split the audience down the center, some loving it without question and others seeing it as pretentious bull on the order of Hulk.

Bendis will still be the most overrated writer in the Marvel stable.

The DVD editions of The Adventures of Superman will barely sell at all, as most people these days can't even be bothered to watch anything older than they are.

Watchmen will see another director come and go, as will V for Vendetta.

DC and Marvel still won't do squat to break out of the dying direct market and get comics back into the hands of the masses.

As you can guess, my outlook for the industry is pretty grim.

Disagree with you about FF and Constantine;agree with you about Bendis;reserving judgement about your other predictions.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i agree with everything except you killing black people with your mind. thats a bit cruel....

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I never said anything about killing anybody...you need to lay off the 'shrooms,bud.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
mxy said you did. why would he lie?

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Because he's tetched in the head,that's why.The boy's plum stone cold crazy loco,I tell ya!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i dont believe you black people mind killer!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Sic Luke Cage's bad ass on that black mind killing Chris Oakley!

-----once over and twice twisted---------
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
No matter what the companies do, fans will bitch and argue about constantly on messageboards. Before the books even come out.

So so sad...

-----once over and twice twisted---------
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

King Krypton said:
Quote:

I think Morrie has a bit more weight than Wagner. I think it will do well, but ultimately not mean much.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

PenWing said:
Steve,

Have you posted your opinion on the BOP boards? You know, Gail actually reads constructive criticism like that.

Nah, I have given up on the DC boards, haven't been for ages.

Aside from the majopr point of irritation, her style doesn't do much for me anyway.
Besdies, if it gets better I will have to keep reading and I need to cut down!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard