15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Time for another rant.

How I would drastically reduce crime.
First
Get rid of the death penalty.
I don't think we should judge weather someone lives or dies. I would also make all rapists, murderers and pedophiles go to a hard core prison in Alaska. This way they would be afraid to commit the crime. I believe most poeple that do these crimes do not want to live. This will no longer give them an easy way out. This will also help people that have been wrongly committed of a crime. If someone is wrongly committed and proven innocent, they should be compensated in some way.

Second
Open mental hospitals in prisons. This way we would get all the druggies off the street and get them cleaned up (if possible). This would go along with my belief that prisons should rehabilitate prisoners, not keep them off the street. Lifers will not get this option. You do not need to be rehabilitated if you're going to rot in prison for the rest of your life. I agree with George W Bush in that we should have faith based organizations help people recover and re-adjust to society.

third
I would have gangbangers and other group related criminals clean the highways. This would scare them into getting their life in order.

fourth
Get rid of any kind of video games or TV entertainment in prison. We should not have to pay to give criminals luxuries. I would still let them read certain books because I think books can really help you improve your life. If they get textbooks, they should get the outdated ones that the schools are done using.

I honestly believe if we did this it would seriously reduce crime and make life easier for everyone.

Last edited by rex; 2005-02-16 11:41 PM.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
25+ posts
25+ posts
And I suppose you want the people to pay for this. And I noticed that your letting prisoners have their nice health care still but yet your taking away TV.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Crispy Enchilada said:
And I suppose you want the people to pay for this. And I noticed that your letting prisoners have their nice health care still but yet your taking away TV.

go and get me a soda Bitch!

Last edited by the G-man; 2005-02-16 7:33 PM.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Crispy Enchilada said:

gundamwingpileocrap, it's customary to rach up at leat a couple hundred posts before getting an alt.

Last edited by the G-man; 2005-02-16 7:33 PM.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Time for another rant.

First
I don't think we should judge weather someone lives or dies. I would also make all rapists, murderers and pedophiles go to a hard core prison in Alaska. This way they would be afraid to commit the crime. I believe most poeple that do these crimes do not want to live. This will no longer give them an easy way out. This will also help people that have been wrongly committed of a crime. If someone is wrongly committed and proven innocent, they should be compensated in some way.

I say that I agree with all this, except for the Alaska part. There are plenty of shitty places in the US you can send them to besides Alaska. Utah, for example. Diversify.

But I do agree that, lifers especially, need to be punished as well as help pay for their incarceration. I am also a fan of the system helping out someone if it fucked up and wrongly imprisoned them.

Quote:

rex said:
Second
Open mental hospitals in prisons. This way we would get all the druggies off the street and get them cleaned up (if possible). This would go along with my belief that prisons should rehabilitate prisoners, not keep them off the street. Lifers will not get this option. You do not need to be rehabilitated if you're going to rot in prison for the rest of your life. I agree with George W Bush in that we should have faith based organizations help people recover and re-adjust to society.

I agree that simple recycling the criminals back out onto the street doesn't do much. Prisons need to deter further criminal acts by providing an undersireable environment. Couple that with a system that tries to reeducate and trains those who are to be released with how to suceed in the outside world without crime.

Quote:

rex said:
third
I would have gangbangers and other group related criminals clean the highways. This would scare them into getting their life in order.

County jail inmates around here are often used for such labor. That in and of itself is not enought to deter future criminal activity. I think there will also have to be crime specific rehabilitation practices in conjunction with this in order to fully work.

Quote:

rex said:
fourth
Get rid of any kind of video games or TV entertainment in prison. We should not have to pay to give criminals luxuries. I would still let them read certain books because I think books can really help you improve your life. If they get textbooks, they should get the outdated ones that the schools are done using.

I honestly believe if we did this it would seriously reduce crime and make life easier for everyone.

Criminals should be provided with the basics to survive: shelter, food, clothing, and medical treatment. A mind should not be able to waste away either. Books and informative periodicals should also be made available. But a criminal should not be able to watch TV or play Playstation while law abiding citizens spend all their time and money on food, rent, and clothes themselves.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
First

I think the death penalty should be used for serial killers. After reading a book on Ted Bundy and another on the Zodiac Killer, I think they definitely deserved death.
Quote:

Second
Open mental hospitals in prisons.

Good idea. Except I disagree about faith based groups.

Quote:

third

I think that's a good idea. Use minor criminals to save tax dollars.
Quote:

fourth

Definitely. TV and video games aren't helpful to rehabilitation. I think reading would help them alot. Its a solitary activity that would give them time to think and reflect and learn new things.

Bow ties are coool.
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
rex:

Good ideas, rex. I'm itching to hear where you stand on cases of child neglect.

True story:
A girl had a baby. One day the baby was screaming and crying non stop. They took the baby to the doctor and they found that the baby had a broken arm. The baby was taken from her, she spent time in jail (I believe under a year). She gets released, then gets hired at Office Max, which was in the same plaza as a Subway that I used to run.

The first time I met her (before knowing the above story), she accompanied a guy that also worked at Office Max that came to Subway as a customer. After he ordered his sub, I asked her if she wanted anything. Her response "Not unless I can have it for free." I said "Don't insult me." She said "How am I insulting you?"

Duh!

Conclusion:
The courts were too easy on her. Otherwise, her mind would have been set on doing whatever it takes to stay OUT of jail, even for something as little as theft.

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

McGurk said:
Good ideas, rex. I'm itching to hear where you stand on cases of child neglect.

I might start doing this type of thing every couple days, and that would be one of them. All I will say now is I think the raising of a child is the most important thing a person can do.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Heh I agree with Rex

The Leg Breakerer: Kung Fu Masta!!!
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Sounds good to me.

100+ posts
100+ posts
I SAY RUN PRISONS WITH GUIDANCE FROM THE BOOK OF LEVITICUS!!!

FUCKING QUEER CIVIL LIBERTARIANS AND THEIR TOUCHY-FEELY "RIGHTS"...

[url=http://www.robkamphausen.com/ubbthreads/...e=0&fpart=2 ]the G-man said[/url]
Wednesday and I have an open relationship. And we believe in sharing.

G-Man "G-gay" points: 2,000,000

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Hi whomod!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Seriously, there's some good ideas in your post, rex.

I don't much care for the death penalty.

I think tending to preexisting mental and psychological aberrations might drastically reduce repeat offenses and the numbers of 'career criminals'.

Since bangers, cartel members, psycho cultists, activist groups, and other pack-hunting criminals work so well together already, they'd be dynamite in public-service roles!

And if there are people out there busting their asses working menial jobs with crappy pay who can't afford cable or video games, why should those things be freebies for people who break the law?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Oh, rex.. Just remembered a "survey" I did years ago.

I sat RIGHT next to my window, watching the intersection like a hawk. Stop signs, four way, pen and paper in hand. A total of 56 vehicles drove through. Guess how many of them actually STOPPED at the STOP signs. Of that number, guess how many of those cars were alone (no othe cars driving through).

希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Okay, here's the results...

Only five cars actually stopped at the stop sign, and of those five, only one stopped even though there were no other cars around; the other four stopped when coming at each other (that is, two at once and the other two another time).

I'm far from done here. Of the 51 cars that ran the stop sign, one was a City Furniture truck, one was a Bellsouth phone service van, one was a fire truck, and one was a POLICE CAR.

I remind you at this point that running a stop sign during your driving test (at least in Florida) is an automatic disqualification.

Link Copied to Clipboard