terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
I think an overall tolerance should be taught in school.

Tolerance of what?

Tolerance for others' feelings.

Damn hippies need to grow a pair.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I like sleep deprived Captain Sammitch.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
i also dont see the problem with intolerence, if you tell someone they cant believe a certain way i think is equal to telling somone they have to believe a certain way.....

In that case, you won't mind me telling you to shut the fuck up and piss off for talking shite!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
He never minds that. Just don't expect him to listen to you.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Quote:

Steve T said:
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
i also dont see the problem with intolerence, if you tell someone they cant believe a certain way i think is equal to telling somone they have to believe a certain way.....

In that case, you won't mind me telling you to shut the fuck up and piss off for talking shite!

i live for it! i gnerally hang out with people of other beliefs on a variety of subjects, i enjoy being the only right one!

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:

.....No, you're spiteful.

And yes. It is junk science.

Evolution is what? Something based upon nothing right? Yeah, the term "junk science" is spot on.

you obviously know nothing about evolution

The Leg Breakerer: Kung Fu Masta!!!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
homo superior = mutie scum

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

winged creature said:
Quote:

Pariah said:

.....No, you're spiteful.

And yes. It is junk science.

Evolution is what? Something based upon nothing right? Yeah, the term "junk science" is spot on.

We should respect science. Science is what taught us that the stars were set into giant circular plates that covered the surface of the Earth. Science gave us peace at night that lest we travel in excess of 40 Mph our heads would not explode, but exceed such speeds and you'll be responsible for having someone clean up the muck that was once your head. Science gave us the the N-Ray and cold fusion. In 1895 thanks to scientific endevors a letter was drafted by teh chief of the US patent office requesting that the office be closed because "everything that could be invented has been invented". Now I would most like to thank science for it's greatest infallible statement that billions of years ago a single celled oagnism (set asside for a moment where this thing came from in the first place) decided it would be much happier as a bipedal creature with opposable thumbs and capable of abstract reasoning and set off to do so, stopping briefly to be a Brontosaurus and Piltdown man on the way. So thank you science for your flawless record of being right 100% of the time and not letting us down in our blind obedience!

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Quote:

winged creature said:

Please, dispute my thoughts on evolution.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
[We should respect science. <snip the rest of the attempt at humor>

The beauty of science is that it allows humans to update and refine their understanding of the universe (one of my professors used to refer to science as a descending set of concentric cirlces, with each circle slightly smaller than the one before it, as we move toward and refine Knowledge). Science is not advanced as the "inspired word" of any deity. It doesn't even assert that you're a heretic if you don't believe in it.

We all wear a green carnation.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
[We should respect science. <snip the rest of the attempt at humor>

The beauty of science is that it allows humans to update and refine their understanding of the universe (one of my professors used to refer to science as a descending set of concentric cirlces, with each circle slightly smaller than the one before it, as we move toward and refine Knowledge). Science is not advanced as the "inspired word" of any deity. It doesn't even assert that you're a heretic if you don't believe in it.

But every generatio seems to treat the claims of science as though, "we're sure this time they got it right!" And in alot of ways you may not be called a heritic, but you are assumed to be a religious zealot or "irrational" or "stupid" so they may not use the term heritic, but they have other words that imply pretty much the same thing. I mean look at the evolution in scools debate and where it's come too. Not only is there an uproar anytime someone suggests teaching an opposing scientific view to evolution, but they don't even want sticker communicating what the teachers SHOULD but aren't teaching wich is that evolution is an unprovan theory. I think that if a highschool science teacher openly questioned evolution he would be run out on a rail much like the heritics of old.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
But every generatio seems to treat the claims of science as though, "we're sure this time they got it right!"

If that were the case, then all the scientists would go home and call it a day.

And clearly, that hasn't and isn't happening.

Perhaps what you're alluding is the arrogance of some scientists who say they've got the final handle on this thing called Knowledge. I would counter that scientists of that ilk are few and far between. But the assumption is that there is some final, knowable state of affairs in the Universe and that Science is working toward revealing that state.

We're hopeful it's not turtles all the way down...

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
But every generatio seems to treat the claims of science as though, "we're sure this time they got it right!"

If that were the case, then all the scientists would go home and call it a day.

And clearly, that hasn't and isn't happening.

Perhaps what you're alluding is the arrogance of some scientists who say they've got the final handle on this thing called Knowledge. I would counter that scientists of that ilk are few and far between. But the assumption is that there is some final, knowable state of affairs in the Universe and that Science is working toward revealing that state.

We're hopeful it's not turtles all the way down...

I'm refering less to the scientists and more to those who teach and preach thier findings and don't want to admit that thier scientists are fallible human beings.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
I'm refering less to the scientists and more to those who teach and preach thier findings and don't want to admit that thier scientists are fallible human beings.

Well, if you don't want Christians lumped together as one homoegenous group, don't do the same thing to scientists.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Well, if you don't want Christians lumped together as one homoegenous group, don't do the same thing to scientists.

Like I said I'm refering to the public schools who dispense the information not the noble (and Nobel) scientists who research it. The public scools make claims regarding evolution that no self respecting researcher would ever make.

homoegenous Oscar Wylde was a homo genius!

Sorry, I should stop posting now.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:The public scools make claims regarding evolution that no self respecting researcher would ever make.

Like what?

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Like I said I'm refering to the public schools who dispense the information not the noble (and Nobel) scientists who research it. The public scools make claims regarding evolution that no self respecting researcher would ever make.

Again with the broad generalizations. Should I look at all the Christians I've ever known and draw conclusions about ALL OF YOU from them?

Quote:

Sorry, I should stop posting now.

When you spell Oscar Wilde as Oscar Wylde, yeah you should.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Darknight613 said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:The public scools make claims regarding evolution that no self respecting researcher would ever make.

Like what?

There are still schools that teach Piltdown man and schools refuse to accept a notation in books saying that evolution is just a theory.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:

Is my inability to spell new to you?

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:

No, but when you misspell the name of a great gay icon, it kinda gets my dander up.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Oscar Wilde was GAY!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:

No, but when you misspell the name of a great gay icon, it kinda gets my dander up.

If it makes you feel any better, I've even misspelled my own religion in past posts. And you're the one who misspelled genious in the term homogenious!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
that's an OSU education for you.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:

If you're referring to me, I did not go to Ohio State...

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

PJP said:

that'a Miami of Ohio education for you.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

PJP said:

that'a Miami of Ohio education for you.

Uh huh. And what a great rep you are for whatever institution of higher learning you went to....

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

Bryant College, Fairleigh Dickinson University, and the Culinary Institute of America.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Geez, even my schools have better sports teams....

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
tell me about it. I usually am forced to cheer for Seton Hall or Rutgers since they are State Schools......

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Well, I'm sure that's a fun way to spend your leisure time....

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
Heh... I meant that all grade schools and all high schools should have religion lessons/classes. I didn't exactly mean that religion should be taught at all grades. Sorry for the missunderstanding.

I can't agree with a public elementary school having religion lessons. Save it for church.

Then you Americans are doomed to continue to piss of Moslims while you have a War on Terror... Sorry but that needed to be said.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

PrincessElisa said:
Tolerance of bsams :P

All joking aside, it's more of a problem trying to keep all religion out of school instead of in it. It's sad when you have spring and winter holidays, and november celebration instead of Halloween, Christmas, and Easter!

I really don't see anything wrong with talking about what a person believes in if it tides into the curriculum...student's history books are filled with wars between different cultures. Why not talk about their cultural backgrounds and religions? It would help the kiddos understand the similarities and differences between what people around the world believe.

Exactly my point! Thanks very much, my dear princess!

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
I thought you had left the Rob K boards in order to regain attention span or something like that? And what the eff has that pic' to do with this discussion?

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
I thought you had left the Rob K boards in order to regain attention span or something like that? And what the eff has that pic' to do with this discussion?

I failed. Inexorably.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Uschi said:
...before they all shrivel out of my mind forever.

This is it, this is the end.

I've been here... not quite as long as everybody else, but I'm sure almost everyone knows my name. Because I'm already #14 on the top posters list and by deductive reasoning that means I am constantly talking on here and kinda hard to ignore. Or not notice.

Anyways, I'm not sure of this as a fact, but I think my IQ has dropped since I joined Rob's louverly boards. I DO know for a fact my attention span has shortened dramatically. And frankly, I don't like this. I miss reading books and being alone with my thoughts. I don't have any self control unless I force myself to have no other option, which is the reason I'm writing this rather than just quietly dissappearing.

Goodbye, I don't think I'll be around again.

I have allowed this place to drain and rot my mind and I thoroughly sick of it. I hate not having the intellectual edge I used to flaunt so effortlessly. So this is it. Auf Wiedersehen.

With regards,
-Uschi Von Büccher

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

Uschi said:
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:

I failed. Inexorably.

If it comforts you, I followed your example to some degree and has cut down on Internet time, at least on weekdays.

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Aren't you the guy from DCMB whom I got repeatedly banned for chatting with?

It wasn't the boards that were the problem, it was me. I've fixed me and so I came back.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Of course it's me! I even included my very 1st poster name below "Captain Sweden" if anyone remembered it...

Last edited by Captain Sweden; 2005-03-20 7:17 PM.

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard