Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#437465 2005-02-28 12:21 AM
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
For the most part,, isn't the GC all but dead? From what I have read over the past few months RE4 didn't bring the bang nor has any of the Nintendo exclusive games. This sucks! Much like the death of the DC from Sega. At the end of the day Sony and Microsoft will fight it out. Take care big "N". I'll miss you. Hummmm, Zelda on X-Box 2? It could happen. lol

Life is short,,,, make it count......
1 post
1 post
I don't think the Cube ever had a chance to be honest. IMO Nintendo got lazy and way too cocky. It wasn't as appealing as X-Box or PS2 because of the way it looked and it didn't even have a DVD player which gave it a rushed feel.

"We all go a little mad sometimes . . ." - Norman Bates
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Aside from the initial push when it was first released The Gamecube wasn't supported in the UK. After a very short period of time Nintendo appeared to give up on the console and threw their weight behind the GBA. If you go into a games shop in England, the shelving space given over to the Cube is extremely slender and it's getting smaller.

It didn't have to be like this. The XBOX struggled initially but it gained in popularity because Microsoft adopted a very bullish approach when it came to muscling-in on the console market. The company had evidently decided, one way or another, the XBOX was going to be a success. To that end they were prepared to keep the pressure on, ensuring a continual stream of new titles for the console; eventually there was a strong body of games available on that platform.

I never got the impression that Nintendo were quite as motivated as Microsoft. I think Jason may be right. There did seem to be an element of complacency where it felt as if they expected the gamers to come to them.

The Gamecube is a beautiful piece of equipment, inside and out. It's a superior piece of design to the XBOX and a true dedicated gaming machine. I believe it's failure is down to Nintendo either misunderstanding their market or simply failing to dream up a way of selling the console to a country hooked on the PS2. A lot of emphasis was placed on Star Wars titles like Rogue Leader and the lamentable Bounty Hunter. Often the more original, characteristicly 'Nintendo' games were either swept under the rug or slipped quietly onto the shelves months or even years after they had been released elsewhere in the world.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Nintendo is gay,it deserves to die!

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
stop quoting Bill Gates.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Bill Gates is gay,he deserves to die!

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
lessie, you've been saying nintendo is dead for years now. let it go, my friend.

according to IGN, RE4 was the best selling game in january, across all systems, despite being released 2 weeks in. february numbers, though not final yet, are similarly big.

and considering the upcoming zelda release, alone, will push a million units, i dont think nintendo needs the tears you'll shed.

if cube has as many global sales as xbox, is xbox dead?

giant picture
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Xbox is gay,it deserves to die!

希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Nintendo no longer has Gumpei Yokoi or Hiroshi Yamauchi. I wonder how they'll do if or when Shigeru Miyamoto leaves or passes away. They'll have to find a new genius.

At least they still have Game Boy Advance, but for how long?

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

25+ posts
25+ posts
Holy Mario,I'll stick to the Bat-Computer thanks.

3000+ posts
3000+ posts
It's obvious that Nintendo has pulled most of their resources into their handheld plan. You just dont see the 3rd party developer love you see they give their handheld systems. And tech-fight all you want. A console is only as good as its possession of 3rd party developers.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Well, considering they've reached a deal of sorts with EA to provide exclusive content to GC versions of assorted games (Nintendo All-Stars on NBA Street Vol. 3 and Punch-Out on Fight Night Round 2), that certainly gives it a little something extra.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
What's a gamecube?

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k

Link Copied to Clipboard