Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
I just finished watching the season premeire.

Man, I missed the Fishers and their dysfunctions......

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I watched the first ever episode & thought it was boring crap!

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
We had a NASTY thunderstorm here on Monday night and my cable tv was OUT during the ENTIRE Six Feet Under Season premier!

Could someone please tell me what happened?

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Someone died...and the family spent the episode dealing with related problems. Does that answer your question Beardguy?

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
Someone died...and the family spent the episode dealing with related problems. Does that answer your question Beardguy?

Not really, Klinton. I'm sure the episode will come up again....

life." - Tuvok.

President of the Insurgency
100+ posts
President of the Insurgency
100+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
We had a NASTY thunderstorm here on Monday night and my cable tv was OUT during the ENTIRE Six Feet Under Season premier!

Could someone please tell me what happened?

OMFG!!!! I love that show too!!! Doesn't it make you feel all tight and crampy!! I want that black guys cock - IN MY ASS!!!!

Ouch! That's A Big Dick!!!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Just saw the second episode of Six Feet Under. It was ok. I saw a repeat of last week's episode, it was ok, too.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
I watched the first ever episode & thought it was boring crap!

AFter having seen three new episodes now, I can say I feel this final season is boring. It's a shame, too. It had a been a pretty good show before. Especially like the gay - interracial couple.

life." - Tuvok.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
yeh i was a really big fan of this show when it first started. I got kinda weirded out towards the end of last season and this season is really doing nothing for me. Brenda is too strange for me with her philosophies of striving to be what she criticized before. nate's lax attitude is annoying i just live for the now kinda deal is really getting old. I can't deal with the george and ruth relationship. It makes me sad for both of them and mad at them at the same time. And God let's not get started on Claire... she needs to go to a lithium bar with billy so they can both find out that they are hopeless!

500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
re: TONIGHTS EPISODE

well that was unexpected.....

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
holy crap i did not see that coming!!!!
This is the first time im writing this.....SPOILERS!!!!!

I didnt even think nate could be dead from last weeksd episode until i saw best week ever and someone said it. I just thought he had another brain thing!!!

Then my sister said she knew it was the end after last week they didnt open the show with a death and there was no preview for last nights show.

I was blown away by what nate said to brenda and how he so calmly ended things. I thought it was mean to leave her hanging with the complications of the baby and all. But my jaw was on the floor after that!!!

I was totally weirded out by the van ride. can someone explain what that was about?? I mean once i saw the dad i knew what was happeneing but what was with david??

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
what did you guys think of the series finale? SPOILERS....

I loved it! I'm usually not a fan of the last episode of any show because i always think it's not as good as it could be! But this was fantastic in my opinion! I loved the way they showed clare and ruth becoming closer. I loved that ruth was relaxed. I liked the way brenda became part of the family.I felt bad for david for some reason.

I thought it was wonderful the way they showed all the characters at their final moments. Keith had it the worst... God to die at work just has to be the worst.

I dont know bout you guys, but i thoroughly enjoyed it!

500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
very moving episode.

The most moving bits were in the little details that showed them all finally coalescing into a real, non-dysfunctional family.

Yeah, it was rather cool to see everyones final moments. I could have easily taken seeing 6 more episodes of the Fisher family thru the decades though. THAT would have been incredible.

toe sucking pervert
25+ posts
toe sucking pervert
25+ posts
Feet? Did somebody say feet?

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Well, Best Buy has Six Feet Under Seasons 1 thru 5 on sale this week for the rock bottom price of $16.99 per season.

I've always wanted to get this but the almost $60.00 per season (12 eps.) was a bit too much. With each season now being that cheap, I got the entire series for a little more than it would have cost for just one season.

I'm going thru the retrospectives on Season 5 right now. I'll probably start again with season 1 and work my way up from there.

This was still by far one of the best, most groundbreaking drams ever aired.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
This was a really good show and one that defied a lot of the expectations that were set up by the first few episodes.

Warning, Spoiler:
It was interesting how, at the beginning, David looked like a the basket case brother and Nate the "cool, open" brother who was returning to teach the family important lessons about life and love and, by the end, the positions were essentially reversed. Daved turned out to be a responsible, caring, human being and Nate turned out to be nothing but a selfish, spoiled, little prick.

Similarly, Brenda originally started out as the character who we thought would be the cliched, wise, earth goddess and it we later found out she was a very unhappy woman who's parents "unconventional" views and fucked up her and her brother. It wasn't until she embraced a certain level of the very "bourgeois normalcy" that she belittled early on.

Ironically (sorry whomod), it turned out to be possibly one of the most "conservative" shows on TV at least in terms of its views on importance of family, responsibility, etc.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
This was a really good show and one that defied a lot of the expectations that were set up by the first few episodes.

Warning, Spoiler:
It was interesting how, at the beginning, David looked like a the basket case brother and Nate the "cool, open" brother who was returning to teach the family important lessons about life and love and, by the end, the positions were essentially reversed. Daved turned out to be a responsible, caring, human being and Nate turned out to be nothing but a selfish, spoiled, little prick.

Similarly, Brenda originally started out as the character who we thought would be the cliched, wise, earth goddess and it we later found out she was a very unhappy woman who's parents "unconventional" views and fucked up her and her brother. It wasn't until she embraced a certain level of the very "bourgeois normalcy" that she belittled early on.

Ironically (sorry whomod), it turned out to be possibly one of the most "conservative" shows on TV at least in terms of its views on importance of family, responsibility, etc.

You act as if family values are a conservative trait. That goes with the narrative the right has used for decades but it really doesn't reflect the reality for millions of people who may vote Democratic and yet still be a part of a regular family.

I think you're starting to see a resurgence of these people reasserting themselves after like I said decades of the right trying to paint Democrats or liberals like the cliches you mention.

Regardless, this show is at a rock bottom price and that was my point.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I don't think people with "family values" mock the death of military members in signatures for message boards.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
who's mocking?
"mocking" would be saying you're sacrificing for the troops by merely giving up your favourite candy.

i'm acknowledging their deaths. Something this country has been unwilling to do for years already because the idea of war and "kicking ass" gives people a big fat chubby but the reality makes them squirm. If you're uncomfortable with that then too bad.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
You act as if family values are a conservative trait. That goes with the narrative the right has used for decades but it really doesn't reflect the reality for millions of people who may vote Democratic and yet still be a part of a regular family.

My point, which I thought was reasonably clear, was that the show started out looking like the typical Hollywood cliched trope about how it's better to be a "free spirit" and ended with the happiest characters being the ones in the most traditional lives.

Even the gay couple (Keith and David) was, other than their sexual orientation, by the end a more or less very traditional nuclear family, hence my use of quotes around "conservative."

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
who's mocking?
"mocking" would be saying you're sacrificing for the troops by merely giving up your favourite candy.

i'm acknowledging their deaths. Something this country has been unwilling to do for years already because the idea of war and "kicking ass" gives people a big fat chubby but the reality makes them squirm. If you're uncomfortable with that then too bad.

Thanks for missing the point, pinko.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts

Rob Kamphausen ass-kicky Administrator cobra kai
15000+ posts Mon May 12 2008 09:58 PM Viewing list of forums

Link Copied to Clipboard