2500+ posts
OP Offline
Frustrated! . . . with kids!
2500+ posts
1989 . . . . Batman

1992 . . . . Batman Returns

1995 . . . . Batman Forever

1997 . . . . Batman & Robin

2005 . . . . Batman Begins . . . . this one blows them all away. Hell, I think it even replaces "Batman" as the best of the bunch at least in my book anyway.

So, I got to see a Sneak Preview last night courtsey of a local news paper. Also got to see The Tumbler/Batmobile up close and personal (had I known, I would've brought my camera). There were a few NASCAR vehicles there as well to help promote the Batman 400 race that's this Sunday at Michigan International Speedway (MIS). Apparently, the Batmobile will kick off the race and be the pace car, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Anyway . . . on to the movie.

They kind of shove the new DC Comics logo into your face before they take you into the film but what can you do? You can't copy Marvel's take on letting us know it's a Marvel movie so DC has kinda lost out on that.

We finally get to see the Wayne's before the fateful night in the alley and even though it's a relatively small glimpse it's quite the interesting one and packs a nice look into their lives.

Christian Bale was unbelieveable! I haven't seen any film with him before so maybe I'm a bit naïve when it comes to what he can do, but he sure as hell impressed me. The fear and the pain that he conveys comes across quite well and to see him done the cape and cowl is very impressive. He's a mix of Michael Keaton & Kevin Conroy's Bruce Wayne, and almost all of Kevin Conroy's Batman. Yes, I know Conroy is just the voice, but he's what made Batman, Batman and somehow, Bale manages to do just that when he's behind the mask and there are times where it's scary as hell.

Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes was "okay" but I definately wasn't impressed. Other than a few instances of "headlights" poking through the her shirts you're doing to be disappointed boys. Sorry.

I enjoyed Michael Cane as Alfred and he had a bit more of the B:TAS in him than the previous Alfred from the movies. It was quite nice to see Alfred chastise Bruce for his "fun" a few times.

Morgan Freeman as Fox was fantastic. I really, really, really enjoyed seeing him and look forward to seeing more of him in the coming films.

Ken Watanabe was wasted Ra's Al Ghul. His screen time was incredibly short and totally "fluff." It was very disappointing. Very.

Gary Oldman was Gordon was an interesting choice. He's a Sargent in this movie, and moves up to Lieutenant by the end of the movie. You get to see a very quick glimpse of his family life (wife and child) and how he's very slightly connected with Bruce via the death of the Wayne's.

Liam Neeson as Ducard was interesting. I'm no expert on Ducard from the comics but a friend gave me a quick low-down and sufice it to say, he doesn't seem to share much with that Ducard but he's still an interesting character . . . right up to the very end which is surprising as hell. And, it must be the SW fan in me, but seeing Ducard teach Bruce just made me think of Qui-Gon Jinn. All the things he says to Bruce during their training on the ice (before they begin to fight) just screams Qui-Gon! It was insane. But, towards the end of the movie, you'll see that his Ducard is no Jedi but more like a Sith bent on cleansing the Earth of all the foul things.

I didn't know who Cillian Murphy was but he was an okay Scarecrow/Jonathan Crane. There were a few times, via camera angles, that I thought he'd make a great Joker but then changed my mind as the movie progressed.

It was a surprise to see Rutger Hauer in the movie but he played his part well. He didn't get the memo at the end.

The visuals in the movie are fantastic, as are the themes that are carried throughout. There were quite a few times where I just kind of went, "Ohhh!" at how they handled the "Fear Toxin" as seen through the eyes of the vicitms and when Crane sees Batman through the Toxin it's quite gruesome (almost reminds me of the Uruk-hai from LOTR).

The 1st chase scene through Gotham was quite good and turned out better than I thought, if just a wee bit "over the top" with the number of vehicles that fliped over. But over all, it was pretty good.

The next to last scene, with Batman going after Ra's Al Ghul to stop his plan came out beautifully. It reminded me of the No Man's Land arc where they cut off the island from the rest of Gotham. All the inmates from Arkham have been set free and the Toxin is filling the air... The Police Chief says to Gordon, "The Riot Squad is there with you already, there's no one left to help you now," and then you see the Batmobile race across and jump the river and into the mess and end up just feet from Gordon. It was nicely done.

Overall, the film was great. I definately want to see it again and they very nicely set up the next movie with a new baddie who likes to leave his calling card at the scene.

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

Bianca & Patrick ~ September 30, 2006
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Good googly-moogly! This is by far the best Batman review thread...Far superior to that hack PJP's.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Can't the mods put these threads together?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
You mean 'productive' mods? Do such things exist on Rob's boards?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Sneaky's been really busy lately.

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
But what has she done for us? Her little favors for Rob's girlfriend don't count.

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
Good googly-moogly! This is by far the best Batman review thread...Far superior to that hack PJP's.

You're such a dork.

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
This is the thanks I get for elevating your thread from the bottom of the page?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I don't think I could go and watch those other four again, this one was beyond incredible.
The amzing thing is that they stuck damn close to the comics while making everything feel "real." The scenes in the mountains, the grandeur of the Wayne house, Gotham itself. All so massive and incredible.

Also impressed with the depiction of the Scarecrow, showing the Waynes as more than just victims in an alley (you actually cared about these people when they're shot), and the complexity of the story.

Every aspect of Batman's world was handled with style.

Bow ties are coool.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Best. Comic Book Movie. Ever.

Where to begin? First off Bale was superbly cast and did an incredible job as Batman/Bruce Wayne. It was by far the angriest and toughest Batman we have ever seen onscreen to date. I believe the rest of the cast was perfectly cast as well. Caine did a great job as Alfred and Oldman was fantastic as Gordon. Liam Neeson was outstanding and Scarecrow was portrayed very well. Even Katie Holmes was good and I had my reservations about her and her character but they made it work. The Batmobile which I thought I would hate I ended up loving.

Favorite Moments:

*All of the training........freakin awesome.

* the part where he strings up the crooked cop Flass and Flass says to Batman "I swear to God" and Batman says "Swear to me!"......The way Bale did that I thought I was reading a Batman comic. (probably my favorite part of the movie)

*His funny portrayal of "playboy" Bruce Wayne......good stuff. "Brucie come on we have more hotels for you to buy" or when he kicks everyone out of the party.

*His relationship with Lucius Fox. That's how it should be. We need to see more Lucius in the comics. And the way they fired the crooked CEO....funy stuff.

* I also liked the ending with Gordon....Gordon said "I never thanked you"......and Batman replied "and you'll never have to"

I don't know there is more I want to say but I'm tired. Jusst a freakin' awesome movie. Right up there with Spidey2 and X2 if not better than all of them. By far and away the best Batman movie ever. Just a dark and gritty and angry Batman and Bale pulled it off perfectly.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Quote:

PJP said:

Where to begin? First off Bale was superbly cast and did an incredible job as Batman/Bruce Wayne. It was by far the angriest and toughest Batman we have ever seen onscreen to date. I believe the rest of the cast was perfectly cast as well. Caine did a great job as Alfred and Oldman was fantastic as Gordon. Liam Neeson was outstanding and Scarecrow was portrayed very well. Even Katie Holmes was good and I had my reservations about her and her character but they made it work. The Batmobile which I thought I would hate I ended up loving.

Favorite Moments:

* the part where he strings up the crooked cop Flass and Flass says to Batman "I swear to God" and Batman says "Swear to me!"......The way Bale did that I thought I was reading a Batman comic. (probably my favorite part of the movie)

*His funny portrayal of "playboy" Bruce Wayne......good stuff. "Brucie come on we have more hotels for you to buy" or when he kicks everyone out of the party.

*His relationship with Lucius Fox. That's how it should be. We need to see more Lucius in the comics. And the way they fired the crooked CEO....funy stuff.

* I also liked the ending with Gordon....Gordon said "I never thanked you"......and Batman replied "and you'll never have to"

I don't know there is more I want to say but I'm tired. Jusst a freakin' awesome movie. Right up there with Spidey2 and X2 if not better than all of them. By far and away the best Batman movie ever. Just a dark and gritty and angry Batman and Bale pulled it off perfectly.

The only things I'll add are: Batman using the Bats as camouflage when trapped inside the building while the cops wait for him outside; the ending where Gordon states: "There's a new guy in town - He leaves a calling card." And hands Batman the joker card - both of these scenes were straight out of Miller's Year One and were excellent!

Finally:

Gordon: You're just one man?

Batman: Now we are two.

Gave me chills - this was the best Batman movie - though, for best comic book movie I think X2 gives BB a run for its money.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

PJP said:
Quote:

PJP said:

Favorite Moments:

The only things I'll add are: Batman using the Bats as camouflage when trapped inside the building while the cops wait for him outside; the ending where Gordon states: "There's a new guy in town - He leaves a calling card." And hands Batman the joker card - both of these scenes were straight out of Miller's Year One and were excellent!

Finally:

Gave me chills - this was the best Batman movie - though, for best comic book movie I think X2 gives BB a run for its money.

I loved that exchange between Bats and Gordon....thanks for reminding me babe!

and I think to be fair I would put Batman Begins in a 3 way tie with X2 and Spidey2.........I am constantly quoting X2 I know it by heart.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

PJP said:
Quote:

PJP said:

Favorite Moments:

Finally:

I loved that exchange between Bats and Gordon....thanks for reminding me babe!

and I think to be fair I would put Batman Begins in a 3 way tie with X2 and Spidey2.........I am constantly quoting X2 I know it by heart.

Nightcrawler : I hear you can imitate anyone...even their voice.

Mystique : Even their voice. ( imtitating Nightcrawler flawlessly. )

Nightcrawler : But if you can do that, then why not stay disguised all the time, you know?

Mystique : Because we shouldn't have to.

I love X 2 and Spidey too...and hope to see Batman Begins very soon, maybe this weekend.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Just got back, I'm speechless. From the opening to the end I was at the edge of my seat. I don't even know what to say about it. I need to see it again. Now.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Is it true that the Waynes were killed after going to the opera? If true, then that ignites a mighty fanboyish rage within my bosom.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You have a busom?

Yes, they do get killed after leaving the opera, but who fucking cares. This might be one of the greatest movies of all time. Don't let one little thing stop you.

The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
So rating the level of darkness guys......worse than the first Batman movie and SW Episode III! Help a girl out!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
The whole movie is dark. It has some scary scenes with the scarecrow, but I would say its not as dark as episode three.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
It's worse than Faces of Death, E!

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

LOL

;P

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
You have a busom?

Yes, they do get killed after leaving the opera, but who fucking cares. This might be one of the greatest movies of all time. Don't let one little thing stop you.

I'm sorry, but if the Waynes go anywhere, it should be to see a Zorro movie. If I was young Bruce Wayne and my parents dragged me to the opera, I would've been glad to see them gunned down.

All hail King Snarf!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Seriously, after you watch the movie you won't care.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
We'll see about that!

All hail King Snarf!

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Quote:

rex said:
You have a busom?

I'm sorry, but if the Waynes go anywhere, it should be to see a Zorro movie. If I was young Bruce Wayne and my parents dragged me to the opera, I would've been glad to see them gunned down.

It really works to see the opera, and why are you complaining?
You should just be glad that Joe Chill shoots them and not the Joker.

Bow ties are coool.
500+ posts
500+ posts
BEST BATMAN EVER.

THIS is the Batman movie i've been waiting for.

Now maybe after seeing it done right, people will FINALLY stop with the praise for those crap Burton films.

It didn't at all feel like a "comic book movie" and in that respect, it far surpasses all other comic book films including X2 and Spider-Man I and II.

It was just a hyper-realism that worked incredibally well.

That twist was completely unexpected. Good job at keeping the lid on that surprise!

The freeway chase with the batmobile was great.

The "Drunken billionare burns mansion" part was hysterical!!!

All in all great acting from everyone save for Watanabe and Katie Holmes.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Quote:

rex said:
You have a busom?

It really works to see the opera, and why are you complaining?
You should just be glad that Joe Chill shoots them and not the Joker.

True, true. But if someone grows up to be a masked crime fighter, it makes sense for them to see a movie about a masked crime fighter on the night their parents day, not some soprano in a Viking Helmet warbling at the top of her lungs.

All hail King Snarf!

500+ posts
500+ posts
well................

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I was bit peturbed that it was implied that Rah's had an inderect hand in the Wayne murders.

It was the only "oh no! here they go again' bit.

That and the Katie Holmes bit at the end....

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
May be one of the best movies of all time. At least for people like us. It's like they said, "Hey, lets get the best the industry has to offer and make a Batman movie..."

Christopher Nolan
Hanz Zimmer
Christian Bale
Morgan Freeman
Liam Neeson
Gary Oldman
Michael Caine

Gimme a fuckin break.

Its just sick. God damn its outta control. I know why Ebert gave it 4 stars. Its just . . . fuck. Go see it. Again.

500+ posts
500+ posts
The Batmobile!

Holy fuck! It was cool!!!

The part when Batman activated the weapons system kicked it up to...

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Quote:

King Snarf said:
True, true. But if someone grows up to be a masked crime fighter, it makes sense for them to see a movie about a masked crime fighter on the night their parents day, not some soprano in a Viking Helmet warbling at the top of her lungs.

It wasn't that kind of Opera.

I'm not going to tell you what kind of Opera it was, but once you see it, I don't think you'll have any problem with it.

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
The Opera was Arrigo Boito's "Mefistofle"......the opera is a musical retelling of Faust's ultimate redemption and defeat of Satan.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You are so gay for knowing that.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I'll take you sometime Big Boy.....when you visit NYC.....you will love Lincoln Center. Come during Christmastime and we'll go see the Nutcracker together!!!!!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You are so gay for saying that.

25+ posts
25+ posts
Ahhh Nothing Like a Night at the Opera so that Guys can eat Pudding and Hold hands

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
The whole Mask of Zorro angle only came later to acknowledge that Kane/Finger lifted a lot of aspects from that movie for Bat-man.
They also used Der Fladermous (which is what the paper said the opera was) as a reference point.

And I didn't think they were saying Ras was responsible for the Wayne's deaths directly, he just brought about the depression in Gotham that caused the crime.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
They played Mahler in Star Wars : Episode 3. I love it when classical music is used in movies.

Am tentitively going to see BatMan Begins on Saturday.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
The whole Mask of Zorro angle only came later to acknowledge that Kane/Finger lifted a lot of aspects from that movie for Bat-man.
They also used Der Fladermous (which is what the paper said the opera was) as a reference point.

And I didn't think they were saying Ras was responsible for the Wayne's deaths directly, he just brought about the depression in Gotham that caused the crime.

The paper is wrong. I got my info from DC.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Bianca said:
Christian Bale was unbelieveable! I haven't seen any film with him before so maybe I'm a bit naïve when it comes to what he can do, but he sure as hell impressed me. The fear and the pain that he conveys comes across quite well and to see him done the cape and cowl is very impressive. He's a mix of Michael Keaton & Kevin Conroy's Bruce Wayne, and almost all of Kevin Conroy's Batman. Yes, I know Conroy is just the voice, but he's what made Batman, Batman and somehow, Bale manages to do just that when he's behind the mask and there are times where it's scary as hell.

Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes was "okay" but I definately wasn't impressed. Other than a few instances of "headlights" poking through the her shirts you're doing to be disappointed boys. Sorry.

I enjoyed Michael Cane as Alfred and he had a bit more of the B:TAS in him than the previous Alfred from the movies. It was quite nice to see Alfred chastise Bruce for his "fun" a few times.

Morgan Freeman as Fox was fantastic. I really, really, really enjoyed seeing him and look forward to seeing more of him in the coming films.

Ken Watanabe was wasted Ra's Al Ghul. His screen time was incredibly short and totally "fluff." It was very disappointing. Very.

Gary Oldman was Gordon was an interesting choice. He's a Sargent in this movie, and moves up to Lieutenant by the end of the movie. You get to see a very quick glimpse of his family life (wife and child) and how he's very slightly connected with Bruce via the death of the Wayne's.

Liam Neeson as Ducard was interesting. I'm no expert on Ducard from the comics but a friend gave me a quick low-down and sufice it to say, he doesn't seem to share much with that Ducard but he's still an interesting character . . . right up to the very end which is surprising as hell. And, it must be the SW fan in me, but seeing Ducard teach Bruce just made me think of Qui-Gon Jinn. All the things he says to Bruce during their training on the ice (before they begin to fight) just screams Qui-Gon! It was insane. But, towards the end of the movie, you'll see that his Ducard is no Jedi but more like a Sith bent on cleansing the Earth of all the foul things.

I didn't know who Cillian Murphy was but he was an okay Scarecrow/Jonathan Crane. There were a few times, via camera angles, that I thought he'd make a great Joker but then changed my mind as the movie progressed.

It was a surprise to see Rutger Hauer in the movie but he played his part well. He didn't get the memo at the end.

The visuals in the movie are fantastic, as are the themes that are carried throughout. There were quite a few times where I just kind of went, "Ohhh!" at how they handled the "Fear Toxin" as seen through the eyes of the vicitms and when Crane sees Batman through the Toxin it's quite gruesome (almost reminds me of the Uruk-hai from LOTR).

The 1st chase scene through Gotham was quite good and turned out better than I thought, if just a wee bit "over the top" with the number of vehicles that fliped over. But over all, it was pretty good.

The next to last scene, with Batman going after Ra's Al Ghul to stop his plan came out beautifully. It reminded me of the No Man's Land arc where they cut off the island from the rest of Gotham. All the inmates from Arkham have been set free and the Toxin is filling the air... The Police Chief says to Gordon, "The Riot Squad is there with you already, there's no one left to help you now," and then you see the Batmobile race across and jump the river and into the mess and end up just feet from Gordon. It was nicely done.

Overall, the film was great. I definately want to see it again and they very nicely set up the next movie with a new baddie who likes to leave his calling card at the scene.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is pretty much exactly how I felt. I really liked the Bale Batman voice. I don't think they'd really shown much of it in the previews so to see him so intense was a surprise in of itself, and quite thrilling overall. Using different voices is actually Bale's calling card, almost. He's said that he uses a completely different accent in all of his movies(many of which I recommend if you haven't seen them).

I was worried about the way they'd handle the Wayne aspect of Batman, and amazed at just how well they pulled it off. One of the millions of things that the Schumacher films got so wrong was not exploring the dichotomy between Bruce Wayne and Batman. It's crucial to the character. Bruce Wayne is supposed to be everything Batman isn't: a self-absorbed, millionaire playboy and generally a complete buffoon. Sort of like how the Chris Reeves early Clark Kent was Superman's opposite: a clumsy, embarrasingly awkward dork. Nobody's going to think those guys go around fighting criminals and saving lives in their spare time.

I was stunned at how many great actors they packed into this movie. Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, Rutger Hauer. I didn't even realize Tom Wilkinson(who was superb, he nearly stole the show) was in it until they got to his part. Oldman was certainly more than fine as Gordon, but I have to admit a part of me wanted to see him as a badguy. He just does them so damn well. Freeman and Caine were great, I think I could watch Freeman in just about any movie and enjoy him.

I was also a bit surprised at how short Watanabe's on-screen time was, though if he had delivered all his lines the way he did his first ones, I think I would have been worn out by him quickly. Either way, Neeson was fantastic in his place. He's in tremendous shape for a guy who turns 53 next month.

I guess I was slightly underwhelmed by Scarecrow. The only thing I'd seen Cilian Murphy in was 28 days later(quite a different character), so I did know who he was, but I wasn't blown away by him. I loved the way Nolan handled the fear gas, though. Superb use of special effects. The scene where Batman uses it on Crane was incredible.

Katie Holmes's character wasn't quite as useless as many previous comic book movie female leads, but overall it was pretty much the same story. They stand around, look pretty, get in trouble, are saved by the hero, then leave. Honestly, the only thing I think I liked about the character(other than it seemed like she hadn't been introduced to the concept of a bra), was the fact that in the end she realized she couldn't be with him, because Bruce Wayne had become the mask, and Batman was the face he wore under it.

I had a major geekout moment at the end with the Joker card.

While overall I enjoyed the movie tremendously, there were a few tiny things I thought could have been better.

-I thought they could have given Ra's Al Ghul something(a weapon, something) to make the final battle more believable. With the suit and the gadgets, the fight really shouldn't have lasted long. Ghul had a what, a sword and a chest-protector?

-I realize that it really had to be this way because of how much story there was to pack in, but some of the pacing of the movie bothered me a little. They spent a good chunk of time on the training, which was cool, but significantly less time on the Wayne family and on Crane.

-The army couldn't find a use for the Tumbler? Are you kidding me? And in the same vein, why did a huge multinational corporation like Wayne Enterprises have one guy(one guy!) in charge of an entire warehouse of super high tech weaponry?

-This is so nitpicky but I can't help myself: why, when Bruce Wayne went down into the cave(a cave, mind you), could he see most of what was around him? This is a cave, right? Where bats live?

Like I said, though, overall, the movie was great. More than enough to satisfy one of the more cynical comic fans out there. I think I'd need a bit more seperation from the actual experience of watching the film to really rank it. When you've just seen a movie you really like it's hard not to go "that was the best movie ever!" I definitely thought it was better than both of the Spidercrap movies.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
I also think Katie Holmes would have been put to better use if she played Talia or something somehow. Was that Rachel character written in just for the screenplay?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard