Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Heck, you're using an ad hominem argument right now.

Whoring the ad hominem implies that it's in over-abundance within his posts, and that's exactly the reality of Whomodian postography.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
"If Ed Koch had said what Ralph Nader said, we'd be marching," Sharpton noted. "This [scolding] doesn't rise to the level of a march. It rises to the level of a wrist slap."

Not only does Koch support gay rights, he is also a Jew. So, of course, Sharpton hates him.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
25+ posts
25+ posts
Shoot Just execute Nader, be better off with out him

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

General Zod said:
Shoot Just execute Nader, be better off with out him

Or send Nader to the phantom zone?

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
A few things: I don't care who I offend as long as I have good intent. With that, I ask: What's the difference between Nader calling himself a nigger and Bush calling someone an asshole at a baseball game? Is one less accepted because it is a definite group of people, whereas an asshole is any number of things, depending on one's opinion?

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
ass-hole is a swear word while n****r is a racist epithet.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
In 1995, Sharpton marched besides picketers protesting a Jewish-owned business in Harlem as they shouted "blood-sucking Jews" and "Jew bastards." That little exercise in brotherhood resulted in eight deaths, when a protester rushed into the store and started shooting employees.

At times Sharpton does hit me as someone in the Jesse Jackson mold(having principles shaped entirely by whatever circumstances they're faced with), but the "blood-sucking Jew" incident happened a decade ago, and is something he's said numerous times that he regrets. While it's one thing to say that, if you look at his promotional tactics from then compared to now, his regret does seem sincere. Much in the way Malcom X mellowed from a staunch anti-white propagandist in his early days, I think Sharpton has also moderated his views with age.

I'm still not overly fond of the guy, but I've warmed up to him a lot more than I would have expected myself to in recent years. Not that I'd consider this grounds for election or anything, but I found his SNL episode endearing, especially as he displayed a willingness to make fun of himself and even some of his former buddies(like Michael Jackson). Plus, he was/is a frequent guest on several of my favorite light-hearted "political" talk shows, like the now-cancelled Dennis Miller Show and the Daily Show.

Would I vote for him? No. But, I think he's a better guy than some of his past mistakes would suggest.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
People tend to remember things the way they want to as opposed to how things really unfolded. If they dislike someone, they'll clutch a "blood-sucking Jew" as an example of their ills. For the people whom Sharpton has helped as a preacher and politician (thin line there), they will recall with tear-filled eyes how he assisted their family during a time of genuine need.

The truth is, Sharpton is both.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
ass-hole is a swear word while nigger is a racist epithet.

True, but, maybe an asshole is some unheard-of species.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
...har...har...?

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Sue me. I argue for the sake of arguing. I'm kind of wierd like that.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Shut up newbtard.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quit inventing words just because my intellect [chuckle] threatens you.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Shut up newbtard.

Rex, you just earned yourself a Rack.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

PCG342 said:
Quit inventing words just because my intellect [chuckle] threatens you.

A newbie cut to look like Lana Turner is still just a newbie

Bow ties are coool.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:

At times Sharpton does hit me as someone in the Jesse Jackson mold (having principles shaped entirely by whatever circumstances they're faced with), but the "blood-sucking Jew" incident happened a decade ago, and is something he's said numerous times that he regrets. While it's one thing to say that, if you look at his promotional tactics from then compared to now, his regret does seem sincere. Much in the way Malcom X mellowed from a staunch anti-white propagandist in his early days, I think Sharpton has also moderated his views with age.

I'm still not overly fond of the guy, but I've warmed up to him a lot more than I would have expected myself to in recent years. Not that I'd consider this grounds for election or anything, but I found his SNL episode endearing, especially as he displayed a willingness to make fun of himself and even some of his former buddies(like Michael Jackson). Plus, he was/is a frequent guest on several of my favorite light-hearted "political" talk shows, like the now-cancelled Dennis Miller Show and the Daily Show.

Would I vote for him? No. But, I think he's a better guy than some of his past mistakes would suggest.

While that's certainly possible, it does seem...odd...that his repentance came about at approximately the same time he decided to move from local to state and national politics.

And, even if he has "repented," that's a little like asking everyone to forget George Wallace standing in the schoolhouse door, just because he became a nicer guy after getting shot.

You're right, however, that he is clearly a witty guy who knows how to play a charmer on TV. I'm just not sure we need MORE of those in politics in either party.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Essayist Stanley Crouch weighs in, and shares his thoughts in a column for the NY Daily News:

Nader is a great man who has made enormous contributions to our culture by calling the corporate world out when he has found its customers and our environment suffering from irresponsible or ruthless business policies. Let us salute him.

But that does not mean Nader should not be chastised for presenting himself as irresponsibly as a gangster rapper - someone who has learned the neat college trick of claiming their thoughtless use of an insult is actually intended to sanitize the word.

That shallow idea has not persuaded racists to stop using the so-called N-word. They have not thrown it aside in favor of another more effective term for dehumanization. Any footage from a meeting of white racists proves that.

And rap has not sanitized the word. Again, Lenny Bruce is proven wrong.

The problem is not a simple one, and it will not be addressed by speech codes that assume there is but one way to handle difficult terms. There should be freedoms of speech and there should be artistic license when one is attempting to realistically render the speech of a given group of people. But beyond that, the overall answer is the question of taste.

Rap is essentially tasteless, and that which is tasteless cannot be a measure for the appropriate use of anything.

If we are to demand anything of our public personalities, it should not be that they adhere to some poorly thought-out speech code. It should be adhering to a real sense of taste that does not set aside the sting of the street, which after all can be summoned as much by subtle implication as by thoughtless recourse.

Yes, there are places and ways in which whites can use the now forbidden "N-word." One is to quote someone else, another is to make a character more real in his speech, the last is in a discussion of insults and how they came to be.

Beyond that, one runs the risk of sinking down into the hole of tastelessness, where one can be sure neither he nor she will feel alone. Not in times like these.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
What makes your "N-word" so bad? you do, my friends. Yeah, I know, I answered my own question. shoot me.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
It's one thing to have mean thoughts and feelings about a person, a group of people or an entire race....

It's quite another thing entirely to give those feelings a voice in public, with intent to harm the feelings of another.

Of course, the best policy is not to harbor such feelings in the first place, as our thoughts do influence our actions.

Being human as we are, this is often more something to aspire to, than to be actually achieved.

It is the struggle itself to better ourselves that is most important. Though we do not reach our ultimate goal, the effort itself yields it's own rewards.

life." - Tuvok.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I guess I'm late to the party. I've read the thread from the beginning to the end and the things that really jump out at me are the ways you deal with racisim almost exclusivly in the abstract. The only concrete example given attention is blacks on Jews which G-man keeps alive.

I think it's fair to say most off us here are college educated white guys who are too wisened to practice racism ourselves and it is something only the great unwashed masses are subject to. But America is a racist society. Most of us can't escape from it's subtle effects. It's not something that is done on a conscious and deliberate basis. It affects our thinking in subtle ways.

My thoughts come from personal experience. I am racist. I don't know how it took hold on me but I suspect I learned it from my culture. I was 9 when the Watts riots happened in South-Central LA. I can remember my parents repeating rumors that rioters from the city were driving out to the 'burbs where we lived to 'get whitey'. While my parents were liberal Democrats, the family has long roots in the South that go back to colonial times. In my mind I was free of all that. I liked Martin Luther King and the fight against Jim Crow. How could I be racist? When I was in my 20s I began to notice subtle things in my thinking that were disturbing. Why was I upset when I heard of mixed race weddings? Why was I suspicious of black men? It was then I recognized the subtle form of racism that had taken hold of me. I'm not proud of this and I fight against it constantly. But it's there and I'll probably take it to my grave.

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." John Stuart Mill America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. Oscar Wilde He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay38 said:
I guess I'm late to the party. I've read the thread from the beginning to the end and the things that really jump out at me are the ways you deal with racisim almost exclusivly in the abstract. The only concrete example given attention is blacks on Jews which G-man keeps alive.

I think it's fair to say most off us here are college educated white guys who are too wisened to practice racism ourselves and it is something only the great unwashed masses are subject to. But America is a racist society. Most of us can't escape from it's subtle effects. It's not something that is done on a conscious and deliberate basis. It affects our thinking in subtle ways.

My thoughts come from personal experience. I am racist. I don't know how it took hold on me but I suspect I learned it from my culture. I was 9 when the Watts riots happened in South-Central LA. I can remember my parents repeating rumors that rioters from the city were driving out to the 'burbs where we lived to 'get whitey'. While my parents were liberal Democrats, the family has long roots in the South that go back to colonial times. In my mind I was free of all that. I liked Martin Luther King and the fight against Jim Crow. How could I be racist? When I was in my 20s I began to notice subtle things in my thinking that were disturbing. Why was I upset when I heard of mixed race weddings? Why was I suspicious of black men? It was then I recognized the subtle form of racism that had taken hold of me. I'm not proud of this and I fight against it constantly. But it's there and I'll probably take it to my grave.

I date black men. I like very much that there is a gay interracial couple on the HBO series, " Six Feet Under. "

I get very distressed when I see a movie or show about racism. It's sad that such a group as the KKK can exist, along side cell phones, computers, etc.

I wonder how long it will be, if EVER, that we begin to advance as much as our technology?

Magic Jay, this is not aimed at you, as I believe you are a good person with a conscience, rather it is intended at the ones who voice their unreasoning hate in public, and continue violent acts against those who are a diffrerent race than they are.

life." - Tuvok.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

PCG342 said:
shoot me.

Someone give me a gun.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

I date black men. I like very much that there is a gay interracial couple on the HBO series, " Six Feet Under. "

I get very distressed when I see a movie or show about racism. It's sad that such a group as the KKK can exist, along side cell phones, computers, etc.

I wonder how long it will be, if EVER, that we begin to advance as much as our technology?

Magic Jay, this is not aimed at you, as I believe you are a good person with a conscience, rather it is intended at the ones who voice their unreasoning hate in public, and continue violent acts against those who are a diffrerent race than they are.

Thank you, Beardguy. I try to be a good person. The point I was making was how insidious racism is. I've been with black men, too. Where it comes out is being on a dark city street, and a man approaches from the opposite direction. Do you feel different if it's a black guy or a white guy? We percieve blacks as more likely to be criminals than whites. We have prison statistics to back up that belief. What's not shown in the prison statistics is that blacks are policed much more stringently than whites. Are you familiar with the DWB pullover? And the criminal justice system deals far more harshly with blacks than whites. The Night Riders are still in existance. Now they're called the the local PD.

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." John Stuart Mill America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. Oscar Wilde He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
ALL strangers on the street make me a bit nervous. People being as they are, you never really can tell who might give you a hard time.

Sometimes, a young 20 something black guy on the street at night makes me a little bit jumpy, but it really depends on how he carries himself, the way he walks, the feeling I get from him.

Gangs of teen age boys of any race make me very wary.
They might do something to a passer by, just to look and feel like a bigshot.

I tend to take people at a person by person basis. There's good and bad folks of all races.

I have black friends who say it makes them feel upset when white people give them uneasy looks.

A friend who is black visited me, and left late at night. He was stopped by a cop who said he had failed to stop at a stop sign and got a ticket, but my friend swears he came to a complete stop. He told me the cop was a big white guy with a smart ass attitude. I can only imagine how bad it must feel to be treated like that.

As for the criminal justice system, I believe it gives tougher sentences to blacks than to white who commit the same crime. It's very biased and extremely unfair.

life." - Tuvok.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
See, when they're carrying a damn handgun, you can't help but be a bit nervous. Hell, I don't wander the streets anymore without at least a knife, just to be safe.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Sometimes, a young 20 something black guy on the street at night makes me a little bit jumpy

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

PCG342 said:
See, when they're carrying a damn handgun, you can't help but be a bit nervous. Hell, I don't wander the streets anymore without at least a knife, just to be safe.

Talk about fucking up! You bring a knife to a gun fight?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Sometimes, a young 20 something black guy on the street at night makes me a little bit jumpy

I'm a small guy, and due to arthritis, I only have one good arm. Strange black OR white young men, on a dark street in the city at night give me cause for concern, as I have been attacked on the streets a few times. Thus, I don't go out late at night alone any more.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay38 said:
Quote:

PCG342 said:

Talk about fucking up! You bring a knife to a gun fight?

Fuck the knife AND the gun! I want a working Light Saber!

life." - Tuvok.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Mixed marriages don't bother me(I suppose I take notice of them more than I would a marriage of similar ethnic groups, as they aren't yet incredibly common, but I certainly wouldn't say that I'm "bothered" by them), but I suspect many of the same involuntary kneejerk racist reactions and thoughts that magicjay mentioned permeate my subconscious, as well.

It's really just learned behavior. This is in no way meant as an indictment of black/hispanic people as a whole, but it's simply a fact that the largest percentage of petty crimes are committed by poor minorities. A middle class white kid like me can't help but be aware of this. So, for example, if I'm in a dark parking lot late at night and a black guy in a t-shirt and baggy pants approaches me, there will be something, in the back of my head, telling me to be ready to defend myself. I can do and have done as much as I can to quell that thought, but I don't think it's possible to eliminate it completely. It will always be there. I will say, however, that if there was a black guy dressed in a nice suit and white guy in dirty clothes and not clean shaven, I'm certainly wouldn't be worried about the black guy.

I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with the actual topic, but there it is.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I have good aim, and can throw well. 'nuff said. Besides, they always get in your face when they pull a gun.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
You're paid by the word, aren't you?

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
i had an italian friend in high school and college that would use the n word all the time and he said to me you can call anyone that word because the real definition of it is someone or something that is ignorant. I dont know how true that is cuz i never looked it up but even if its true it's just a really hurtful word.

I dont like it in songs,I dont't like it when black people use it though when they do I roll my eyes at their ignorance... but I'm shocked when i hear other races use it. I think how could they?!

Interacial marriages /pairings don't bother me because voila... i'm a product!

There's probablly not going to be any change or anything positively done by using the word so i choose not to use it ever!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
You're paid by the word, aren't you?

I don't follow you, mate.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Then how did you get outside my window?

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
dunno.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
New York Daily News

claiming the N-word is actually a friendly greeting - is back again, this time by a Queens teen who used the epithet to address a cop during a Halloween melee.

Patrick Rich, 17, says he invoked the term to address a black police officer, but meant no offense.

"I didn't mean n----r in that way, that's just the way I talk," Rich told cops, according to papers filed in Queens Criminal Court yesterday. "I meant it in a friendly way."

Queens prosecutors yesterday added bias charges against Rich; his mother, Patricia Rich, 44; cousin Robert Glade, 22, and family friend Nicholas Stack, 16.

The four were already facing charges of resisting arrest as well as other charges stemming from an Oct. 31 fracas in Broad Channel that began after someone threw an egg at an unmarked police car. They have denied making any of the statements and claim it was Detective Marques Stewart who went wild.

"That [officer] was full of hate and anger," said Patricia Rich after yesterday's hearing before Queens Criminal Court Judge Gene Lopez. "I was trying to help."

Patrick Rich held up a rap music CD he said shows his affinity toward blacks and denied making any of the statements. "They put words in my mouth," he said. "I'm not racist, I have blacks in my family .... Do you think I'm that stupid to make those statements?"

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
And yet those damn zombassists get off with a slap on the wrist!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
New York Daily News

claiming the N-word is actually a friendly greeting - is back again, this time by a Queens teen who used the epithet to address a cop during a Halloween melee.

Patrick Rich, 17, says he invoked the term to address a black police officer, but meant no offense.

"I didn't mean n----r in that way, that's just the way I talk," Rich told cops, according to papers filed in Queens Criminal Court yesterday. "I meant it in a friendly way."

Queens prosecutors yesterday added bias charges against Rich; his mother, Patricia Rich, 44; cousin Robert Glade, 22, and family friend Nicholas Stack, 16.

The four were already facing charges of resisting arrest as well as other charges stemming from an Oct. 31 fracas in Broad Channel that began after someone threw an egg at an unmarked police car. They have denied making any of the statements and claim it was Detective Marques Stewart who went wild.

"That [officer] was full of hate and anger," said Patricia Rich after yesterday's hearing before Queens Criminal Court Judge Gene Lopez. "I was trying to help."

Patrick Rich held up a rap music CD he said shows his affinity toward blacks and denied making any of the statements. "They put words in my mouth," he said. "I'm not racist, I have blacks in my family .... Do you think I'm that stupid to make those statements?"

A ) Some kids today think that listening to black music and having black friends makes them black, but it does not. Only being born black makes you black.

B ) No one should use the N word, black, white, or whoever you are. If the kid really does have " Blacks in his family" as he claimed, he ought to be a hell of a lot more sensitive on this issue. I have black friends and I do not use the N word, niether do they.

C ) Using the N word to a black cop when you are a white person is especially stupid. The guy says he used it in a friendly way? The cop was not his friend. In the officer's capacity of being "Not his friend", the kid used very bad judgement. Being white, myself, I can only imagine how hurtful it would be to be black and have a white person say that word to my face.

D ) I was not there and do not know the whole story. Only those directly involved do, but it sounds to me like the kid, his mother, cousin, and friend were being assholes.

life." - Tuvok.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Say the N-Word and You'll Pay

If one Texas mayor gets his way, uttering the 'N-word' will cost residents $500 a pop under proposed city ordinance

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard