Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#568734 2005-09-12 1:27 AM
1 post
OP Offline
1 post
I have a good (male) friend who recently decided to stop denying his attraction to other males because in the end there's nothing to be ashamed of in recognising beauty in another man's body. But the problem is he knows his family wouldn't accept his sexuality, even if it's honest and real and my only chance of finding true love.

I know there's other homosexuals in this forum. What are your experiences coming out of the closet (specifically, to your family)? What can you advise my friend to do? He loves his parents very much but he knows they won't accept him.

A wise man will listen and will increase knowledge; A man of understanding shall seek unto wise council. - Proverbs 1:5 "That boy has abs like Jesus." - Virtually everyone who's seen my midsection THAT WAS THE BEST 60 SECONDS OF MY LIFE! Well, time for bed. - Spongebob Squarepants Final Analysis: Work Is For Suckers. - Robot Jones You can change, you can adapt, you can make it so that you don't ever have to feel this way again. - The quote that sums up my feelings on "love," loss, and heartbreak.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
You have this friend...........sure JQ,sure!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
ahem.....well Brian the first thing you need to do...I mean your friend needs to do is talk with his parents. Then you I mean your friend may see they won't hate you I mean him. Your parents ....shit... I mean his parents will be upset but they will come around. Plus this will explain why you I mean him can never close the deal with hot chicks and why you are so into male bodies (Jesus's abs for example)......maybe now you will tell everyone the truth that Jesus is the cute little puerto rican boy who does landscaping with his shirt off......and not the mesiah.

Anyhow be honest with yourself and maybe talk to some of the gay members here...... they could give you advice. And thank you for this thread it will make me laugh for many weeks to come.

25+ posts
25+ posts
that was pretty fucking gay Brian.

My Dad can beat up your Dad! --------- "That boy has abs like Brian A. Ortiz." - Virtually everyone who's seen my midsection
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:
I have a good (male) friend who recently decided to stop denying his attraction to other males because in the end there's nothing to be ashamed of in recognising beauty in another man's body. But the problem is he knows his family wouldn't accept his sexuality, even if it's honest and real and my only chance of finding true love.

I know there's other homosexuals in this forum. What are your experiences coming out of the closet (specifically, to your family)? What can you advise my friend to do? He loves his parents very much but he knows they won't accept him.

Was that my some kind of slip?

Anyway....as far as coming out to family...I'll admit it....I haven't. My mom doesn't know, neither does my sister. Frankly, I cannot imagine telling them.

I will tell my children when I deem them ready for it.

But my experience and remarks are going to be different than most other gay men: I have gotten married and fathered children. I don't need to come out to my parents or sibling in any sort of overt way. They live in another state and aren't going to "wonder" about me if I don't end up with a woman. So them knowing isn't an issue for me, really.

So, I'm not sure my remarks or experience is going to be very helpful.

We all wear a green carnation.
Translation Bot
100+ posts
Translation Bot
100+ posts
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:

Quote:

i am another coming out of the closet clone just like the joe mama clone cause i can not think of anything new to say

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
The Translator is good.

This was your Spandex Monkey Man announcement. Thankyou!

OOK OOK ACK EEK!
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
the assmonkeys have taken over.

1 post
OP Offline
1 post
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:

Anyway....as far as coming out to family...I'll admit it....I haven't. My mom doesn't know, neither does my sister. Frankly, I cannot imagine telling them.

But my experience and remarks are going to be different than most other gay men: I have gotten married and fathered children. I don't need to come out to my parents or sibling in any sort of overt way. They live in another state and aren't going to "wonder" about me if I don't end up with a woman. So them knowing isn't an issue for me, really.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience Jim. My friend felt he wasn't being consequent with his choice by not coming out to his family, but like yours his family lives in another state so there's really no rush to tell them about it (it will happen when the time is right).

There's a more immediate problem that concerns him now. What about his friends? It's inevitable that his real life friends coworkers and classmates learn about his sexuality since he has no intention of dating undercover (and in fact there is a male classmate he's been dying to ask out for more than a year), that would be silly. But what about his online friends? My friend is part of a massive online community and like in every community there's plenty of rotten apples but also plenty of respectful and loving people that care about him. The difference with his real life friends is that he has the choice of coming out to them or not. On one hand, he knows his friends there would be much more open minded than his family (and right now he could use their support), but on the other the "rotten apples" I mentioned would tease him more than they already do if he confessed his homosexuality.

This is a tough decision he has had in his mind for weeks now. Any advice would be appreciated greatly.

A wise man will listen and will increase knowledge; A man of understanding shall seek unto wise council. - Proverbs 1:5 "That boy has abs like Jesus." - Virtually everyone who's seen my midsection THAT WAS THE BEST 60 SECONDS OF MY LIFE! Well, time for bed. - Spongebob Squarepants Final Analysis: Work Is For Suckers. - Robot Jones You can change, you can adapt, you can make it so that you don't ever have to feel this way again. - The quote that sums up my feelings on "love," loss, and heartbreak.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience Jim. My friend felt he wasn't being consequent with his choice by not coming out to his family, but like yours his family lives in another state so there's really no rush to tell them about it (it will happen when the time is right).

There's a more immediate problem that concerns him now. What about his friends? It's inevitable that his real life friends coworkers and classmates learn about his sexuality since he has no intention of dating undercover (and in fact there is a male classmate he's been dying to ask out for more than a year), that would be silly. But what about his online friends? My friend is part of a massive online community and like in every community there's plenty of rotten apples but also plenty of respectful and loving people that care about him. The difference with his real life friends is that he has the choice of coming out to them or not. On one hand, he knows his friends there would be much more open minded than his family (and right now he could use their support), but on the other the "rotten apples" I mentioned would tease him more than they already do if he confessed his homosexuality.

This is a tough decision he has had in his mind for weeks now. Any advice would be appreciated greatly.

First......get the cock out of your mouth.....second ....confess already and get it over with.

Evan "Wallace"
25+ posts
Evan "Wallace"
25+ posts
And confess before the series finalé or you'll go out of your mind.

I don't have fifty million dollars.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Tell your friend to go out and have oodles and oodles of gay sex and not to worry about what others think. Sheesh! Most people are only 4 or 5 beers away from having gay sex themselves!

-----once over and twice twisted---------
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Well they certainly are when LLance is about!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:

I know there's other homosexuals in this forum.

Now there's an understatement!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:

I still think we're in the minority here.

We all wear a green carnation.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
wednsday has a name dammit!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

Brian A. Ortiz said:

I still think we're in the minority here.

Nicely done.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]

Link Copied to Clipboard