Print Thread
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
http://www.onvideo.org/calendar/dvd_05i.htm#Sep20

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D (2005) Dir.: Robert Rodriguez; Taylor Lautner, Taylor Dooley, Cayden Boyd, George Lopez, David Arquette, Kristin Davis. Includes both 2-D and 3-D versions; packaged with four 3-D glasses. (Dimension).

My nephews think this is the greatest movie of all time.

After Midnight (1989) Marg Helgenberger, Marc McClure, Alan Rosenberg, Pamela Segall, Nadine Van der Velde, Ramy Zada. (MGM/Sony).

An Angel at My Table (1990) Dir.: Jane Campion; Kerry Fox, Alexia Keogh, Karen Fergusson, Iris Churn, Jessie Mune, Kevin J. Wilson. Extras: Commentary by Campion and director of photography Stuart Dryburgh; documentary about the making of the film; a 1983 audio interview with New Zealand's most distinguished author, Janet Frame, the subject of the film; trailer; more. (The Criterion Collection).

Battlestar Galactica: Season One (2004--2005) All 13 episodes, $59.98. Extras: Commentary, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurette. (Universal).

Blue Demon (2004) Dedee Pfeiffer, Randall Batinkoff, Danny Woodburn, Jeff Fahey. (First Look Home Entertainment).

Born Into Brothels (2004) Documentary. Extras: Commentary by directors Ross Kauffman and Zana Briski, deleted scenes, "Reflections" update reel, commentary by the children, photo gallery, more. (ThinkFilm).

Brothers (2005 -- Denmark) Connie Nielsen, Ulrich Thomsen, Nikolaj Lie Kaas, Bent Mejding. (Universal).

The Carter Family: Will the Circle Be Unbroken (2005) PBS documentary narrated by Robert Duvall. Extras: Featurettes: "The Guitar in American Music," "The Carter Scratch and Mother Maybelle's Guitar," "The Carter Family Fold: A Wholesome Family Experience." (Paramount).

Dead Women in Lingerie (1991) John Romo, Maura Tierney, Dennis Christopher, June Lockhart, Laura Harring, Jerry Orbach. (MTI Home Video).

Desperate Housewives: The Complete First Season Six-disc set with 24 episodes, $59.99. Extras: Season One finale alternate ending, unrated extended episodes, deleted scenes, making-of featurettes, commentaries, a documentary on the series' popularity, Wisteria Lane Fashion show, more. (Buena Vista).

I watched the first couple episodes, then missed a couple, then I had no idea what was going on anymore. This is one of those shows you almost have to watch on DVD.

Die, Monster, Die!/The Dunwich Horror Double Feature (1965) "Die, Monster, Die!" starring Boris Karloff, Nick Adams and Patrick Magee; (1970) "The Dunwich Horror" starring Sandra Dee, Dean Stockwell, Ed Begley, Lloyd Bochner and Sam Jaffe. $14.95. (MGM/Sony).

Dolls (1987) Stephen Lee, Guy Rolfe, Hilary Mason, Ian Patrick Williams, Carolyn Purdy-Gordon, Cassie Stuart, Bunty Baily, Carrie Lorraine. (MGM/Sony).

Don't Be a Menace Special Edition (1996) Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Tracey Cherelle, Vivian Smallwood, Helen Martin, Vivica Fox. Extras: Featurette, the Wayans Brothers behind-the-scenes, TV spots, commentary, deleted scenes. (Miramax).

From a Whisper to a Scream (aka The Offspring) (1987) Vincent Price, Clu Gulager, Terry Kiser, Harry Caesar, Rosalind Cash, Cameron Mitchell, Susan Tyrrell. (MGM/Sony).

From the Earth to the Moon: The Signature Edition (1998) HBO minseries. DTS sound. Four-disc set, $99.98. Extras: Special effects featurette, 30-minute HBO first look featurette, virtual tour of the solar system, Kennedy's historic speech, timeline of the space missions, the history of the moon, more. (HBO).

Grimm (2003 -- Netherlands) Dir.: Alex van Warmerdam; Teresa Berganza, Johan Leysen, Halina Reijn, Jacob Derwig. Extras: Selected scene commentary by director Alex van Warmerdam; interview with van Warmerdam; galleries of original artwork by van Warmerdam; "Painting" (1986): Animated Short Film by van Warmerdam; liner notes by film critic Edward E. Crouse. (Home Vision Entertainment).

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, 20th Anniversary Special Edition (1986) Dir.: John McNaughton; Michael Rooker, Tom Towles, Tracy Arnold. Two-disc set includes more than 100 minutes of bonus material; new high definition transfer from original 16mm film negatives, supervised by director John McNaughton; original 1.33:1 aspect ratio presentation; digitally remastered 2.0 stereo. Extras: Commentary by McNaughton; deleted scenes and outtakes; "Portrait: The Making of Henry," all-new 52-minute documentary by David Gregory featuring "Henry" cast and crew; "The Serial Killers": Henry Lee Lucas documentary; original "Henry" theatrical trailer; still gallery; storyboards; reversible doubled-sided cover art, featuring banned artwork by renowned artist Joe Coleman. (Dark Sky Films/MPI Home Video).

Hogan's Heroes -- The Second Season (1966--1967) Five-disc set with 30 episodes, $39.99. Extras: Rare 8mm home movies filmed on "Hogan's" set; blooper/gag reel edited by Bob Crane; Patricia and Bob Crane wedding footage; special guest appearances: Bob Crane on "The Lucy Show" and the entire "Hogan's" cast on "The Leslie Uggams Show"; commentaries on selected episodes; original CBS network promos; commercials featuring the "Hogan's" cast; 1967 Armed Forces Radio Christmas Show; photo gallery. (Paramount).

The House Where Evil Dwells (1982) Edward Albert, Susan George, Doug McClure. (MGM/Sony).

Inside Deep Throat (2005) Documentary; narrated by Dennis Hopper. R-rated and NC-17 versions. Extras: Three featurettes examining the legal impact of the film: "The Binghamton Trial: Cliterally Speaking," about a small-town obscenity trial that deemed the film not obscene; "Quincy House: Poison Ivy League," about the 1980 events surrounding Harvard screenings of the film; "Beverly Hills: Holly Gets Wood," about a trial in which the jury went to Hollywood's Pussycat Theatre to view the film. NC-17 exclusive extras: "The Last Word for Now" featurette in which celebrities and commentators discuss sex and its place in society today; "The Zen of Deep Throat" with Xaviera Hollander and Marilyn Chambers discuss deep throat; "Linda Does Hollywood" feature about star Linda Lovelace's success; "The Legends of Erotica: Remembering Linda," about Linda and the film. (Universal).

In the Year of the Pig (1968) Dir.: Emile de Antonio. Documentary on the Vietnam War, chronicling the war's historical roots. Extras: Commentary with director Emile de Antonio composed from archival sources; interview with Emile de Antonio; liner notes by de Antonio scholar Douglas Kellner. (Home Vision Entertainment).

It's All Gone Pete Tong (2005) Paul Kaye, Mike Wilmot, Beatriz Batarda, Kate Magowan. Extras: Four featurettes: "The Rise of Pete Tong," "The Fall of Pete Tong," "The Redemption of Pete Tony" and making-of featurette. (Sony).

James Dean: Forever Young (2005) Documentary, narrated by Martin Sheen; $19.97. (Warner).

James Dean: Sense Memories (2005) American Masters documentary; $14.97. (Warner).

The Lady in White Director's Cut (1988) Lukas Haas, Len Cariou, Alex Rocco, Katherine Helmond. Extras: Commentary by director Frank Laloggia, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes footage and photo montage. (MGM/Sony).

The Longest Yard (2005) Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Burt Reynolds, James Cromwell, Walter Williamson, Michael Irvin, Nelly, Nicholas Turturro. Extras: Featurettes: "First Down & Twenty-Five to Life: The Making of the Longest Yard," "Extra Points: Visual Effects," "The Care & Feeding of Pro Athletes," "Lights, Camera -- Touchdown!" "Here Comes the Boom," "Fumbles and Stumbles"; deleted/extended/alternate scenes; music video: "Errtime" by Nelly. (Paramount).

I still haven't seen this. I might rent it.

Major Dundee (Extended Cut) (1965) Dir.: Sam Peckinpah; Richard Harris, Charlton Heston, Jim Hutton, James Coburn, Warren Oates, Slim Pickens. Extras: Commentary by Peckinpah historians, deleted scenes, featurettes, photo gallery with production stills and posters. (Sony).

Mallrats 10th Anniversary Extended Edition (1995) Dir.: Kevin Smith; Shannen Doherty, Jeremy London, Jason Lee, Claire Forlani, Ben Affleck, Joey Lauren Adams, Jason Mewes. (Universal).

I will be buying this. My favorite Kevin Smith movie.

Masculin, feminin (1966) Dir.: Jean-Luc Godard; Jean-Pierre Leaud, Chantal Goya, Marlene Jobert, Michel Debord. Extras: New interviews with Goya, cinematographer Willy Kurant, and Godard collaborator Jean-Pierre Gorin; Swedish TV footage of Godard directing the film; more. (The Criterion Collection).

Naked (1993) Dir.: Mike Leigh; David Thewlis, Lesley Sharp, Katrin Cartlidge, Greg Cruttwell, Claire Skinner. Two-disc set. Extras: Commentary by Leigh, Thewlis and Cartlidge; exclusive new video introduction by filmmaker Neil LaBute; "The Conversation," a BBC program with author Will Self interviewing Leigh; trailer; more. (The Criterion Collection).

Ned and Stacey: The First Season Three-disc set with 24 episodes, $39.95. Extras: A retrospective of the entire show featuring interviews with Debra Messing and Thomas Haden Church, commentary by the show's creator. (Sony).

Night Visitor (1989) Elliott Gould, Allen Garfield, Michael J. Pollard, Shannon Tweed, Derek Rydall, Richard Roundtree. (MGM/Sony).

No Direction Home: Bob Dylan Dir.: Martin Scorsese. Two-disc set. Two-part documentary focuses on the singer-songwriter's life and music from 1961-66, includes never-before-seen performance footage and interviews with artists and musicians whose lives intertwined with Dylan's during that time. Dylan performances: "Blowin' in the Wind" live on TV: March 1963; "Girl of the North Country" from unaired Canadian TV special "Quest": February 1964; "Man of Constant Sorry" live on TV: March 1964; "Mr. Tambourine Man" Newport Folk Festival: July 26, 1964; "Love Minus Zero/No Limit" London, England: May 1965; "Like a Rolling Stone" live in Newcastle, England: May 21, 1966; "One Too Many Mornings" live in Liverpool, England: May 1, 1966. Guest performances of Bob Dylan songs: "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" by Mavis Staples; "Girl From the North Country" by Liam Clancy; "Love Is Just a Four-letter Word" by Joan Baez; "Lord, Protect My Child" by Maria Muldaur. (Paramount).

The Outsiders: The Complete Novel (1983) Dir.: Francis Ford Coppola; C. Thomas Howell, Matt Dillon, Diane Lane, Ralph Macchio, Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez, Tom Cruise, Leif Garrett. Two-disc set. All-new digital transfer from restored picture elements. Coppola added 22 minutes, including a new beginning and an ending which is more true to the book and enriches the characters' relationships; new rock 'n' roll soundtrack with six songs from Elvis Presley and from Van Morrison, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, The Marketts, Sandy Nelson and others; soundtrack score remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1. Extras: "Watch The Outsiders: The Complete Novel With Francis Ford Coppola" new introduction and commentary by Coppola; "Watch The Outsiders: The Complete Novel With the Greasers and a Soc" new introduction and commentary by C. Thomas Howell, Matt Dillon, Diane Lane, Ralph Macchio, Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze; "Staying Gold" look back at "The Outsiders"; "S.E. Hinton on Location in Tulsa"; "The Casting of The Outsiders"; "Readings": Seven cast members do readings of Hinton's descriptions of the characters they played; deleted scenes; "The Outsiders Started by Student Petition" filmed segment from NBC's "The Today Show" featuring librarian Jo Ellen Misakian and many of the students from the Lone Star school, plus coverage of a special Fresno student screening attended by some of the film's cast; original theatrical trailer; new 2005 trailer. (Warner).

Over the Edge (1979) Michael Eric Kramer, Pamela Ludwig, Matt Dillon, Vincent Spano, Tom Fergus, Harry Northup, Andy Romano, Ellen Geer. Extras: Commentary by Director Jonathan Kaplan, screenwriters Charlie Haas and Tim Hunter and producer George Litto.(Warner).

Panic In Year Zero!/The Last Man On Earth Double Feature (1962) "Panic In Year Zero!" starring Ray Milland, Jean Hagen and Frankie Avalon; (1964) "The Last Man On Earth" starring Vincent Price, Franca Bettoia, Emma Danieli and Giacomo Rossi-Stuart. $14.95. (MGM/Sony).

The Parent Trap Collection Two-disc set with "The Parent Trap" (1961) and new-to-DVD TV sequel "The Parent Trap II" (1986), both starring Hayley Mills. Extras: Original theatrical animated short "Donald's Double Trouble"; "Caught in the Act: The Making of the Parent Trap"; interview with songwriters the Sherman Brothers; "Let's Get Together" music video montage from the film; "Lost Treasures: Who's the Twin?" -- meet the actress who played Hayley Mill's twin in many of "The Parent Trap's" scenes; production archives; photo galleries; audio archives; trailers; TV spots; Hayley Mills featurette; filmmaker featurette; 1961 Disney studio album. (Disney).

I like the first one. I know that makes me gay.

The Ren & Stimpy Show -- Seasons Five & Some More of Four Three-disc set with 17 episodes, $39.99. (Paramount).

Ring of Fire: The Emile Griffith Story (2005) Acclaimed film about the six-time world boxing champ who in 1962 killed his opponent, Benny "The Kid" Paret, in the ring, on live television. (Anchor Bay).

Round Trip (2004 -- Israel) Anat Waxman, Eyal Rozales, Nathati Moshesh. (Wolfe Video)

Scary Movie 3.5 (2003) Dir.: David Zucker; Anna Faris, Pamela Anderson, Jenny McCarthy, Marny Eng, Charlie Sheen, Simon Rex, Jianna Ballard, Jeremy Piven, Timothy Stack. Special unrated edition of the hit film "Scary Movie 3." Extras: Commentary by director David Zucker, producer Robert K. Weiss, and writers Craig Mazin and Pat Proft; new deleted and extended scenes with optional commentary from Zucker, Weiss, Mazin and Proft; "Making Scary Movie 3" behind the scenes with the cast and crew; "Making Scary Movie 3 ... For Real" cast and crew spoof on the "making of" bonus feature; outtakes and bloopers; alternate ending; "Hulk vs. Aliens" behind the scenes of the alternate ending. (Dimension).

The first two were hilarious. This one was horrible.

See Arnold Run (2005 -- TV) Jurgen Prochnow, Nicole DeHuff, Roland Kickinger, Nora Dunn, Mariel Hemingway. (Paramount).

Shackles (2005) D.L Hughley, Jose Pablo Cantillo, Barry Shabaka Henley. (Sony).

Siblings (2004) Sarah Polley, Alex Campbell, Sarah Gadon, Adam Chalmers, Samantha Weinstein. (Monarch Home Video).

The Sixties: The Years That Shaped a Generation (2005) PBS documentary traces the events of one of the most turbulent and influential periods of political and cultural change in the 20th century and the powerful impact forced on an entire generation. (Paramount).

A documentary on the worst decade ever.

The Snurks (aka Back to Gaya) (2004) Animated. Voices of Patrick Stewart, Emily Watson. (First Look Home Entertainment).

Species Trilogy Three-disc set with "Species," "Species II" and "Species III," $39.95. Extras: Alternate ending for the first film, "HR Giger at Work" documentary, four featurettes: "The Origin," "The Concept," "The Discovery" and "Designing a Hybrid." (MGM/Sony).

SpongeBob SquarePants: Absorbing Favorites Five episodes, $16.99. (Paramount).

Tales of Terror/Twice Told Tales Double Feature (1962) "Tales Of Terror" starring Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Basil Rathbone, Debra Paget and Joyce Jameson; (1963) "Twice Told Tales" starring Vincent Price, Sebastian Cabot, Brett Halsey, Beverly Garland, Richard Denning and Joyce Taylor. $14.95. (MGM/Sony).

Turtles Can Fly (2005 -- Iran/Iraq) Soran Ebrahim, Avaz Latif, Saddam Hossein Feysal. (Sony).

Voodoo Island/The Four Skulls Of Jonathan Drake Double Feature (1957) "Voodoo Island" starring Boris Karloff, Beverly Tyler, Murvyn Vye, Elisha Cook, Rhodes Reason, Jean Engstrom and Frederich Ledebur; (1960) "The Four Skulls Of Jonathan Drake" starring Eduard Franz, Valerie French, Grant Richards and Henry Daniell. $14.95. (MGM/Sony).

Voyages (1999 -- France) Shulamit Adar, Liliane Rovere, Esther Gorintin, Natan Cogan, Mosko Alkalai. Extras: Extras: "Esther's Voyage" featurette. (New Yorker).

Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures Three short films starring Wallace and his ever faithful dog Gromit: Oscar-winners "A Close Shave" and "The Wrong Trousers" as well as Academy Award-nominee "A Grand Day Out." Extras: "Cracking Contraptions," 10 clay-animated mini-shorts never-before-released in the United States, showcasing many of Wallace's most hilariously ill-conceived inventions, plus a behind-the-scenes look at how the filmmakers brought the plasticine pair to life; sneak peek of the September 30 theatrical film, "Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit," with a behind-the-scenes featurette that includes outtakes from the film, along with interviews with Wallace & Gromit creator and two-time Academy Award-winning writer and director Nick Park ("Chicken Run," "The Adventures of Wallace & Gromit"). $19.99. (DreamWorks).

War Gods of the Deep/At the Earth's Core Double Feature (1965) "War Gods of the Deep" starring Vincent Price, Tab Hunter, Susan Hart and David Tomlinson; (1976) "At the Earth's Core" starring Doug McClure, Peter Cushing, Caroline Munro and Cy Grant. $14.95). (MGM/Sony).

Widow on the Hill/Lies My Mother Told Me Lifetime Original Movie Double Feature with two telefilms in a two-disc set for $14.95. "Widow on the Hill" (2005), starring Natasha Henstridge and James Brolin; "Lies My Mother Told Me" (2005), starring Joely Richardson and Hayden Panettiere. (Warner).

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
From a Whisper to a Scream (aka The Offspring) (1987) Vincent Price, Clu Gulager, Terry Kiser, Harry Caesar, Rosalind Cash, Cameron Mitchell, Susan Tyrrell. (MGM/Sony).

A Vincent Price flick that I haven't seen? I will own this!

Quote:

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, 20th Anniversary Special Edition (1986) Dir.: John McNaughton; Michael Rooker, Tom Towles, Tracy Arnold. Two-disc set includes more than 100 minutes of bonus material; new high definition transfer from original 16mm film negatives, supervised by director John McNaughton; original 1.33:1 aspect ratio presentation; digitally remastered 2.0 stereo. Extras: Commentary by McNaughton; deleted scenes and outtakes; "Portrait: The Making of Henry," all-new 52-minute documentary by David Gregory featuring "Henry" cast and crew; "The Serial Killers": Henry Lee Lucas documentary; original "Henry" theatrical trailer; still gallery; storyboards; reversible doubled-sided cover art, featuring banned artwork by renowned artist Joe Coleman. (Dark Sky Films/MPI Home Video).

I remember, when this movie came out, that it got almost as much flack and controversy as Silent Night Deadly Night when it was released. I may check this out just to see what all the hubbub is about.

Quote:

The Longest Yard (2005) Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Burt Reynolds, James Cromwell, Walter Williamson, Michael Irvin, Nelly, Nicholas Turturro. Extras: Featurettes: "First Down & Twenty-Five to Life: The Making of the Longest Yard," "Extra Points: Visual Effects," "The Care & Feeding of Pro Athletes," "Lights, Camera -- Touchdown!" "Here Comes the Boom," "Fumbles and Stumbles"; deleted/extended/alternate scenes; music video: "Errtime" by Nelly. (Paramount).

I still haven't seen this. I might rent it.

Let me save you some money. Buy the original, which is great, and rent this if you absolutely NEED to see it.

Quote:

Mallrats 10th Anniversary Extended Edition (1995) Dir.: Kevin Smith; Shannen Doherty, Jeremy London, Jason Lee, Claire Forlani, Ben Affleck, Joey Lauren Adams, Jason Mewes. (Universal).

I will be buying this. My favorite Kevin Smith movie.

Me too, though I know that Smith will just gouge us with the 15th anniversary DVD...and the 20th anniversary...and the...

Quote:

The Parent Trap Collection Two-disc set with "The Parent Trap" (1961) and new-to-DVD TV sequel "The Parent Trap II" (1986), both starring Hayley Mills. Extras: Original theatrical animated short "Donald's Double Trouble"; "Caught in the Act: The Making of the Parent Trap"; interview with songwriters the Sherman Brothers; "Let's Get Together" music video montage from the film; "Lost Treasures: Who's the Twin?" -- meet the actress who played Hayley Mill's twin in many of "The Parent Trap's" scenes; production archives; photo galleries; audio archives; trailers; TV spots; Hayley Mills featurette; filmmaker featurette; 1961 Disney studio album. (Disney).

I like the first one. I know that makes me gay.

Not really. I've said several times that I had a crush on young Hayley Mills when I was a wee lad. That said, buy just the original if you can. The second one was made in the 80s, went direct to the Disney Channel (or the Wonderful World Of Disney), and sucked. Hard. And not in the good way.

Uschi said:
I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

[Linked Image from i6.photobucket.com]
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
The first Parent Trap was re-released last year as a two disk special edition. Thats the one I saw.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Inside Deep Throat (2005) Documentary; narrated by Dennis Hopper. R-rated and NC-17 versions. Extras: Three featurettes examining the legal impact of the film: "The Binghamton Trial: Cliterally Speaking," about a small-town obscenity trial that deemed the film not obscene; "Quincy House: Poison Ivy League," about the 1980 events surrounding Harvard screenings of the film; "Beverly Hills: Holly Gets Wood," about a trial in which the jury went to Hollywood's Pussycat Theatre to view the film. NC-17 exclusive extras: "The Last Word for Now" featurette in which celebrities and commentators discuss sex and its place in society today; "The Zen of Deep Throat" with Xaviera Hollander and Marilyn Chambers discuss deep throat; "Linda Does Hollywood" feature about star Linda Lovelace's success; "The Legends of Erotica: Remembering Linda," about Linda and the film. (Universal).

when i read the title and that there were different versions, I thought it was a Watergate film and the NC-17 version had the Nixon Kissinger sunbathing scenes.

Bow ties are coool.
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

rex said:

when i read the title and that there were different versions, I thought it was a Watergate film and the NC-17 version had the Nixon Kissinger sunbathing scenes.

By "thought" you meant "hoped"...

Uschi said:
I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

[Linked Image from i6.photobucket.com]
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Don't Be a Menace Special Edition (1996) Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Tracey Cherelle, Vivian Smallwood, Helen Martin, Vivica Fox. Extras: Featurette, the Wayans Brothers behind-the-scenes, TV spots, commentary, deleted scenes. (Miramax).

Classic.

Quote:

From the Earth to the Moon: The Signature Edition (1998) HBO minseries. DTS sound. Four-disc set, $99.98. Extras: Special effects featurette, 30-minute HBO first look featurette, virtual tour of the solar system, Kennedy's historic speech, timeline of the space missions, the history of the moon, more. (HBO).

I'd get it, but these HBO DVD's are always overpriced.

Quote:

A really cool flick. I liked it a lot more than Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's terrifying simply because it's so plausible, whereas TCM is more "set up" seeming.

Quote:

The original was not a comedy, according to Nowhereman.

Quote:

Masculin, feminin (1966) Dir.: Jean-Luc Godard; Jean-Pierre Leaud, Chantal Goya, Marlene Jobert, Michel Debord. Extras: New interviews with Goya, cinematographer Willy Kurant, and Godard collaborator Jean-Pierre Gorin; Swedish TV footage of Godard directing the film; more. (The Criterion Collection).

Not one of Godard's better movies, in my opinion. I'm assuming Breathless and/or Pierrot le fou have already gotten the Criterion treatment.

Quote:

Ned and Stacey: The First Season Three-disc set with 24 episodes, $39.95. Extras: A retrospective of the entire show featuring interviews with Debra Messing and Thomas Haden Church, commentary by the show's creator. (Sony).

They replaced Thomas Hayden Church with a gay guy and had a hit comedy. Too bad. Charlie Kaufman was one of the writers on this show, apparently.

Quote:

Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures Three short films starring Wallace and his ever faithful dog Gromit: Oscar-winners "A Close Shave" and "The Wrong Trousers" as well as Academy Award-nominee "A Grand Day Out." Extras: "Cracking Contraptions," 10 clay-animated mini-shorts never-before-released in the United States, showcasing many of Wallace's most hilariously ill-conceived inventions, plus a behind-the-scenes look at how the filmmakers brought the plasticine pair to life; sneak peek of the September 30 theatrical film, "Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit," with a behind-the-scenes featurette that includes outtakes from the film, along with interviews with Wallace & Gromit creator and two-time Academy Award-winning writer and director Nick Park ("Chicken Run," "The Adventures of Wallace & Gromit"). $19.99. (DreamWorks).

Wallace and Gromit are finally getting their own feature film, and they market as "from the creators of Chicken Run".

Ridiculous.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Frustrated! . . . with kids!
2500+ posts
Frustrated! . . . with kids!
2500+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Battlestar Galactica: Season One (2004--2005) All 13 episodes, $59.98. Extras: Commentary, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurette. (Universal).

$60 for 13 episodes and extras?

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

Bianca & Patrick ~ September 30, 2006

Link Copied to Clipboard