Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Cuz this forum is all about that ladies...

iVillage

Love & Sex

10 Things He's Afraid to Hear You Say

Ever wonder what guys talk about when we're not around? Here's your chance to eavesdrop. iVillage and AskMen.com have joined forces to reveal what's really on guys' minds ‑- and just how bluntly they discuss it. Welcome inside the men's locker room.

Ever wonder what guys talk about when we're not around? Here's your chance to eavesdrop. iVillage and AskMen.com have joined forces to reveal what's really on guys' minds ‑- and just how bluntly they discuss it. Welcome inside the men's locker room.

10. I've been thinking...

If she actually tells you she's been thinking, it's serious. And you can bet it involves marriage, cohabitation or the bitter end. It can take many forms, such as: "Why do you love me?" and "Have you ever thought about the future?" Again, have a brilliant exit plan at hand. A severed finger, for instance.

9. Be a man.

Nothing is quite as injurious as having your very manhood questioned. You could give in to her shame tactics and do what she wants, or deflect it by saying, "How about you be a woman and quit nagging?"

8. My parents want to meet you.

This means two things:

* The relationship has crossed an important milestone of seriousness.
    * You're about to be psychologically cavity-searched under the family microscope.

All you can do is hope her father doesn't mention that he has some rusty wire cutters he wants to put to use.

7. I have a headache.

That means no action for you tonight, buddy. But you can beat her to it. If you sense she's particularly tired when you're horny, give her an unsolicited aspirin and hope for the best.

6. That's not the way my ex did it.

You never talk about your ex in front of her. So you obviously weren't prepared for this. Now you're being measured against the man she dumped. Ouch. Defend yourself, quickly.

5. What are you thinking about?

Women are curious. They need to know your every thought, feeling, hunch and inkling. Men, on the other hand, don't like to discuss and explore everything; we're content to keep quiet.

4. Do you find her pretty?

She already caught you looking at that mind-blowing blonde that walked by, no matter how covert your glance. So if you say "no," she'll know you're lying and an argument will ensue. This is the time for very artful tact, such as, "Kind of, her ass is huge." Now pray.

3. Do you notice anything different about me?

You know you're in trouble if you don't. And the longer you take to answer, the more frustrated she'll become, which makes you more frantic. And when you finally bellow, "Oh, you got a new haircut!" she storms out, throwing her new earrings on the floor.

2. My friend is pregnant/engaged.

This seems harmless enough, until you catch that thinly veiled hint of disappointment in her voice. At this point, you know she really means, "When will we be engaged/pregnant?" Be prepared with an expert diversion at this point, such as faking a seizure. Unfortunately, nothing will help you when she comes at you with the even more chilling, "I'm pregnant." Good luck, buddy.

1. We need to talk.

What everyone should know about these words is that no good news ever follows. These four ominous words signal a problem with the relationship. Expect a breakup, or at the very least a long talk about how you're not meeting her needs. Either way, it's not pleasant. And there is little you can do to avoid it. And though this one is a real bruiser, nothing is quite as caustic, as savage, as utterly cataclysmic as, "Do you think I'm fat?" You're on your own.

A rite of passage

While no man likes to hear any of the aforementioned phrases, every man will, at some point, endure them. The best you can do is be prepared.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I agree with the content, but personally I'd reorder the list.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Some of its true.

That last one though - "we need to talk" - is bad no matter who says it.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Yah. "we need to talk" is always bad and usually the end.

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
Yeah

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I'm so used to "We need to talk" that it doesn't bother me as much as comparing me with the ex while still in the relationship. That irks the shit outta me.

He fixes the cable?
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Ok, seriously, that's one of the things I raised my eyebrow at. Who the fuck does really does that? That's a fuckin' moron, right there.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Ok, seriously, that's one of the things I raised my eyebrow at. Who the fuck does really does that? That's a fuckin' moron, right there.

wqe need to talk.....or comparing?

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
The comparing one. Everyone has uttered "we need to talk" - that's, like, the universal heads up that you're gonna dump someone.

The other one, the comparison one that TK mentioned - only an absolute asshole would do that - you may think it - but to utter such stupidity outloud is another thing entirely. If a bf ever compared me negatively to an ex, there would be fuckin' hell to pay - and its no better if a woman does it to a man.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
yeah no good comes out of it.....the other person can always say "then go be with that person"

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
That's what I did! "Then you go be with fucking Kyle... what the fuck."

He fixes the cable?
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Prezacatly

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Is that the name of some new form of birth control?

He fixes the cable?
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Oh, you know what i was trying to say, don't bust my chops over this...

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I'll bust on you wherever I please!

He fixes the cable?
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts

He fixes the cable?
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
"I'm gonna cut your penis."

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Stuff like this makes me happy to be gay!

Fair play!
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:

Because most gay men are twice as bitchy?

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:

Daaaaaamn.... lol

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:

I forget. I'm lucky that my boyfriend & I are not like most couples, whatever their orientation.

Fair play!
I'm transginger
25+ posts
I'm transginger
25+ posts
Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
"I'm gonna cut your penis."

Fireman! You're supposed to call it a fireman or Drzsmith's gonna spank you!

Kaz Offline
500+ posts
500+ posts
How the hell does "I'm pregnant" not get top billing?

Holy shit...

Bob Burden said: Pie for the pirates, wine for the dogs.
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Because that's not scary at all. At least not to me, or Pariah or Snarf.

Last edited by McGurk; 2005-10-08 5:00 AM.

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Well, Pariah's gay, so that part makes sense...

200+ posts
200+ posts
The scariest thing I could ever hear a woman say is "Son, you have to move out of the basement."

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
How about, "I was born a man."

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Rex would shit himself if his girlfriend said anything to him.
I think we would all shit ourselves if our socks started speaking though!

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
it's true!

Evan "Wallace"
25+ posts
Evan "Wallace"
25+ posts
The key is to be armed with "I'm glad to hear you say that, because I am not a millionaire."

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
it's true!

Its damn true!

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
i liked this article! good job!

Link Copied to Clipboard