Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
conversation taken from this thread: Bonds began using steroids, vast array of other drugs, in 1998

Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:

barry? ... well... he's really just a cock muncher most of the time

Was that reference, "cock muncher," really necessary, Robbo?

This harkens back to Pro's recent Rant. There's no call for a gay-ish slur to indicate that you dislike the guy, think little of him.

If your girl friend sucks you off, that makes her a cock muncher, but i'm better you have a better opinion of her, right?

We all wear a green carnation.
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
RACK JJ.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Yeah Rob!

NOT COOL!

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Was that reference, "cock muncher," really necessary, Robbo?
This harkens back to Pro's recent Rant. There's no call for a gay-ish slur to indicate that you dislike the guy, think little of him. If your girl friend sucks you off, that makes her a cock muncher, but i'm better you have a better opinion of her, right?

the phrase in question is an insult that has no direct, literal homosexual bashing within. similarly, i was not being negative to my girlfriend or any other female for also being a "cock muncher" -- nor do i imagine any of them being upset about any possible connection to the statement.

hell, there are a lot of homosexual men that aren't "cock munchers" (insert actual gay joke here) so would this insult only target specific homosexuals to bash?

if i called him a "bastard" does that speak poorly on those born out of wedlock? or if i called him a "psycho", would that unfairly slur those with mental handicaps?

c'mon, jimothy.

(and lets move this elsewhere, hmm?)

giant picture
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
is there room for one more!

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
You could be right, Robbo. But in this particular forum, I just get damned tired of all the gay-ish slurs.

"That's gay"

"Cock muncher"

Pariah's little "pedophia=gay" shit.

BSAMS calling G-Man "gay" as though it's a bad thing.

It's like Pro noted in his Rant. Enough already!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm guilty of this, too.

It's all in good fun when I do it. My "gay" jokes don't have the bile and hatred that Rob's do.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
"That's gay"

"Cock muncher"

i think those are two different cases. with the former, i agree with your thoughts, though i am sure i am guilty of overusing the term.

with the latter, i disagree, as its not really specific towards any grouping.

giant picture
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Does anyone actually understand anything Rob has posted?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
jim jackson = fag

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
In all seriousness, I try to be aware of what I say, but I admit I slip every now and then and use it in a derogatory sense. I also make my share of "Rob is gay" comments.I've never used the word "fag" to insult somebody though. I think that's stupid(I feel similarly about using the word "retarded", which is also overused).

I'm one of the, if not the most outspoken straight defender of gay rights, and I will continue to be so. That being said, I am also human and prone to mistakes. I feel that the whole "Rob is gay" thing has passed the realm of inside joke and entered the territory of tradition. I'll try not to do it as much(and I promise that I'll never intend it as a serious insult), but it's become such a source of comradery here that I really think stopping it altogether would squash one of the best things about this forum: that this is a place where you can come for some good-natured ribbing and not worry about people being oversensitive or taking offense.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
This thread is gay.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Sulu is gay.

few posts
few posts
Oh my.

Don't call me tiny.
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Indeed.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
SULU!!!!

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
I'm genuinely trying not to be overly sensitive about this. But if a str8 guy like Pro begins to grow tired of it, too...

Yeah, fine, "Rob is gay" is tradition.

Maybe the "________ is gay" thing isn't such a big deal. But "cock muncher"? There was no need for that and don't give me that "it wasn't aimed at any group specifically" crap.

And hey rex, I'll take being a fag any day over being a cottonfucker janitor who lives with mommy.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Me too Jim......me too!

and Rob was wrong to say the things he said to you. he should be embarassed. he should make you a mod of Deep Thoughts or MediaX to make it up to you.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Me too Jim......me too!

and Rob was wrong to say the things he said to you. he should be embarassed. he should make you a mod of Deep Thoughts or The New MediaX to make it up to you.

there, fixed it for you, the old media x forum sucks. the ot media x rules

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Rob is just being a hypocrite!
Saying cock muncher is not calling someone gay is fucking laughable!

I aint no homophobe but calling someone gay, who isnt, will always be an insult to a straight person no matter how you cut it.

Sorry if it irks people, but thats just the way it is!

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
I WOULD HAVE USED THE "IT'S TRUE, DAMN TRUE" GRAEMLIN, BUT, IT'S NOT THERE

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Y'know Jim I find your use of the term "Jesus Christ" as a curse word offensive. Are you prepared bend over backwards to cater to my sensitivities as you seem to expect everyone here to do for you? Serious question.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Y'know Jim I find your use of the term "Jesus Christ" as a curse word offensive. Are you prepared bend over backwards to cater to my sensitivities as you seem to expect everyone here to do for you? Serious question.

I never asked for my sensitivities to be catered to.

"_______ is gay" occur far more often here than me saying "Jesus Christ."

Your wife cheated on you. How would you like it if I constantly made derogatory references to somebody being a cuckolded husband?

"Man, what a cuckold that guy was."

"Yep, he's a cuck all right."

Kinda hits ya where you live, doesn't it?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I live in NJ. A great place to live and work.

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
Well good for fucking you

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.
2,506,410.81 CAD Rack points

6000+ posts
OP Offline
6000+ posts
It's good for fucking him? Jesus Christ!

I think I'm going to say "that's Christian" if I think something is bad or negative.

Man, that's a Christian thing to say, sneak! You naughty girl!

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
23 skidooo!

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.
2,506,410.81 CAD Rack points

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

It's a little different, considering that usage has no negative connotations. Not in my experience, at least. I've never heard anyone insult another person by calling them Jesus Christ.

I was always complimented when people called me Jesus.

25+ posts
25+ posts
me too.

My Dad can beat up your Dad! --------- "That boy has abs like Brian A. Ortiz." - Virtually everyone who's seen my midsection
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Jesus and I go way back. The 60's were a wild time. Me, Disco Steve, Mxy, Gerald, Jesus, and that crazy tourbus we followed the Beatles around in.

Those were the good ol' days, to be sure.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Are you prepared bend over backwards

more gay insults!!

Quote:

Nowhereman said:

Quote:

Nowhereman said:
calling someone gay, who isnt, will always be an insult to a straight person

wow!

Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Maybe the "________ is gay" thing isn't such a big deal. But "cock muncher"? There was no need for that and don't give me that "it wasn't aimed at any group specifically" crap.

ok, so... calling someone who is straight a "cock muncher" is insulting to gay people. but calling a straight person "gay" as an insult is ... not insulting to gay people?

thats just silly to me (and, just as a heads up, i dont mean that as offensive to other silly people)

if you're going to be hyper sensitive, at least have some consistancy!

giant picture
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
as a silly person, I thank you for clarifying.

but screw you for not putting the OT mods in the secret forum.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Your wife cheated on you. How would you like it if I constantly made derogatory references to somebody being a cuckolded husband?

"Man, what a cuckold that guy was."

"Yep, he's a cuck all right."

Kinda hits ya where you live, doesn't it?

No, acctually it doesn't, for one being under the age of 40 I had to look the term up, but now that I do know what it is I'm still not offended. I'm not sure why you're going out of your way to find something that hits home to offend me because I allready told you what offended me. There are alot of things that relate to me.... I never knew my father, but I don't get offended when people call each other bastards, nor will I get offended when people use the word cuck, now that I know what it means. I do get offended when people use teh object of my religion which I most identify with as a curse. My question wasn't to wether you could find something that offended me, it was wether or not you would change your behavior based on what I made clear does offend me.

For the record I have acctually made a concious effort to refrain from using "gay" as a derogitory term on these message boards for the specific purpouse of not offending you Klint or others. I'm sure I've slipped, but the effort is being made and not because anyone asked me to. I'm just pointing out the hypocracy that you complain about things being said that are insensitive to you, but when I tell you sincerily what offends me you write it off, joke about it, then make a point to do it ad nausium. I think perhaps you should worry more about your own behavior rather than complaining about others because I don't know anyone here less guilty than you. If you want a change to be made then lead by example not by bitching.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
as a silly person, I thank you for clarifying.

but screw you for not putting the OT mods in the secret forum.

and Nowhereman.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Are you prepared bend over backwards

more gay insults!!

Quote:

Nowhereman said:

Quote:

Nowhereman said:
calling someone gay, who isnt, will always be an insult to a straight person no matter how you cut it.

wow!

Quote:

Jim Jackson said:

ok, so... calling someone who is straight a "cock muncher" is insulting to gay people. but calling a straight person "gay" as an insult is ... not insulting to gay people?

thats just silly to me (and, just as a heads up, i dont mean that as offensive to other silly people)

if you're going to be hyper sensitive, at least have some consistancy!

Didnt say calling a straight person gay is not an insult to gay people, I said that you think cock muncher is not insulting gay people is laughable!
At least be fucking honest Rob!
You made a gay insult, just like most of us do here, but then unlike most of us, you backtracked & came up with the flimsiest of defences!

I know every time I call a straight person gay, its an insult to both the guy its aimed at, and the gay community.
Just as its insulting to both parties if you call some one a retard, something I am sure I have seen Jim call rex!

I am not trying to defend my own actions, or jump to Jims defence, I am saying that too many people here preach double standards!

I am not gonna stop calling people gay, or retard or any other insult that might also effect a minority grouping, but at least I am fucking honest about it!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
CC forgot to say......................

Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick the gay out of rob!

Oh, and "Fuck off!"

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
My signature said that for me!

Its true!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Uhhh...yes you did. First post of this thread.

Quote:

Jim Jackson said:

So? It's not about how often it occurs.

wbam's right. You do tend to say "Jesus Christ!" as an exclamation. Without stretch, any Christian could see that as taking the Lord's name in vain, and thus offensive. If he's offended by it, he has just as much right to ask you to stop as you do to ask people to stop using the term "gay" in a derogatory way.

And if you didn't either stop saying it, well, that would be downright Isaac-Hayesical.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

...that would be downright Isaac-Hayesical.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard