1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Quote:

From USA Today
'South Park'-Scientology battle rages
NEW YORK (AP) — Comedy Central's South Park has declared war on Scientology.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun!" Parker and Stone said Friday.
By Ann Johansson, AP

Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the animated satire, are digging in against the celebrity-endorsed religion after a controversial episode mocking outspoken Scientologist Tom Cruise was yanked abruptly from the schedule Wednesday — with Internet rumors it was covert warfare by Cruise that led to its departure.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun!" the South Park creators said in a statement Friday in Daily Variety. "Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies... You have obsructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail!"

Internet bloggers accused Cruise of threatening to not promote Mission Impossible 3, a surefire summer blockbuster, if the offending episode ran. Comedy Central is owned by Viacom, as is Paramount, which is putting out MI:3.

But Cruise's representative, Arnold Robinson, told The Associated Press Friday that the mega-star made no such demands.

"Not true," Robinson said. "I can tell you that he never said that."

A call by The Associated Press to a Paramount representative was not returned Friday.

The episode in question, Trapped in the Closet, which first aired last November, shows Scientology leaders hailing Stan, one of the show's four devilish fourth graders, as a savior. A cartoon Cruise locks himself in a closet and won't come out. An animated John Travolta, another famous Scientologist, enters the closet to try to get him out.

In another dig at the famously secretive religion, the credits at show's end are filled with names like "John Smith" and "Jane Smith."

The battle began in earnest earlier this week when Isaac Hayes, another celebrity Scientologist and longtime show member — voicing the ladies' man Chef — quit the show, saying he could no longer tolerate its religious "intolerance and bigotry."

Stone and Parker didn't buy that either.

On Monday, Stone told The Associated Press, "This is 100% having to do with his faith in Scientology...He has no problem — and he's cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians."

A Comedy Central spokesman said Friday that the network pulled the controversial episode to make room for two shows featuring Hayes.

"In light of the events of earlier this week, we wanted to give Chef an appropriate tribute by airing two episodes he is most known for," the spokesman said.

Yeah I realize this topic has been posted before, but its a funny story.

Bow ties are coool.
I'm transginger
25+ posts
I'm transginger
25+ posts
What bullcrap about Stan being devilish! He whined like the little wuss he is the same night I found out my father was John Elway. It's just a hospital, I see the same crap that I always see when I shut my eyes.

Nobody notices what I have in my front pocket: A little surprise for them all. We'll find out today at recess, won't we?
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

It's so....scary....that there are people out there that actually...you know...believe this stuff. I mean, fucking Trekkies are the most normal beings in existence compared to this...

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
...and we believe in God.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yeah!

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
I don't believe in God.

Don't you press you faggy religon shit on me

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
That's just Thetan talk...

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
not only is god dead, he was also very short.

this IS the golden age of xenu!!!!!!!!

Bacontwat!!
100+ posts
Bacontwat!!
100+ posts
This is cockgay!!!

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

'South Park'-Scientology battle rages
NEW YORK (AP) — Comedy Central's South Park has declared war on Scientology.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun!" Parker and Stone said Friday.
By Ann Johansson, AP

Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the animated satire, are digging in against the celebrity-endorsed religion after a controversial episode mocking outspoken Scientologist Tom Cruise was yanked abruptly from the schedule Wednesday — with Internet rumors it was covert warfare by Cruise that led to its departure.

Heh.

Kooky superstar Tom Cruise has gotten the boot from Viacom chief Sumner Redstone, who abruptly cut ties with the uber-star's production company because of his bizarro behavior off-camera.

Redstone's firm owns Paramount Pictures, which has had a 14-year relationship with Cruise/Wagner Productions.

Redstone believes that the sometimes maniac megastar of such Paramount flicks as "Mission: Impossible" and "Top Gun" actually hurt box-office receipts for his latest "Mission" installment, whose take was considerably below expectations, the paper said.

A poll released in May, around the same time as the movie, showed that half of those surveyed had an "unfavorable" opinion of the star.

Many suggested that the new dad occasionally seems off his rocker over his Church of Scientology beliefs and rants against the use of antidepressants.

Cruise reportedly turned bully this past spring and threatened to refuse to promote "Mission: Impossible III" after one of Viacom's other holdings, Comedy Central, was set to air an episode of the controversial cartoon "South Park" in which it poked fun at Scientology.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20060823/115635876000.html
Quote:

Godzilla vs. "South Park" Guys

Godzilla is going to be getting the Tom Cruise treatment from Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

The crass cut-ups behind Comedy Central's South Park, have clinched a deal with Paramount Pictures to develop two live-action features, their first outings with flesh-and-blood actors in nearly a decade. The first project will be a high school comedy titled My All-American; the second, a spoofy homage to rubber-suited, Tokyo-leveling beasties, Giant Monsters Attack Japan! (The latter recalls South Park's first-season-ending episode, "Mecha Streisand," in which Barbara Streisand transforms into a Godzilla-like creature to battle the Cure's Robert Smith.)

According to Variety, My All-American will be written by Jeff Roda and Giant Monsters by Under Seige scribe J.F. Lawton.

Parker will helm both pics, while Stone will produce through the pair's newly renamed Important Pictures shingle. They will also collaborate with the two screenwriters in honing the stories. While South Park remains a small-screen hit, and its 1999 movie version was a critical success and did solid business, the two have had trouble translating their comic sensibilities to the big screen. Parker's previous live-action directing credits include the little-seen Cannibal: The Musical! (1996) and Orgazmo (1997); the pair also wrote and starred in the live-action 1998 bomb BASEketball, which was directed by David Zucker. Additionally, they codirected, cowrote and provided many of the voices for 2004's marionette-based spoof Team America: World Police, which also failed to spark much interest at the box office.

"We learned from the last two films that these can't all be self-generated," Stone told the trade paper. "Trey and I are script whores, so we'll be very involved in shaping these projects. We've averaged a movie every five years. We'd like to make more and produce films that give other directors a chance."

Monsters will also be supervised veteran producer Sean Daniels and Nickelodeon Movies, which earlier this month released the animated comedy Barnyard and last year's The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.

There's no word on casting. "Neither of these movies feel like vehicles for big stars, but this will be our opportunity to find out if there are any actors left who want to work with us," Stone said in Variety.

As they've done for the past 10 years, Parker and Stone will work on the films during their hiatus from South Park, which is currently in the midst of its 10th envelope-pushing, Kenny-killing season. Last fall, the cartoon masterminds signed a new pact with Comedy Central that will keep Cartman and the gang on the air for at least another three years.

That relationship turned rocky for a time when Comedy Central refused to rebroadcast their Cruise-skewering episode "Trapped in the Closet," after reportedly fielding pressure from the star (Camp Cruise denied the allegation). Parker and Stone recently told reporters at the Television Critics Association's annual press tour that they thought about not doing any movies with the cable network's parent company if they continued to ban the episode. Comedy Central placed "Trapped" back in the rerun rotation after it garnered an Emmy nomination earlier this summer (the show lost out last weekend to The Simpsons).

They also weren't too happy when network bosses censored the image of Mohammed from April's special two-part cliffhanger, "Cartoon Wars," and initially balked on reairing "Bloody Mary," about a Virgin Mary statue bleeding from its rear end, last December after complaints from the Catholic League.

If all goes according to plan, My All-American High will start shooting in the first half of 2007 and production on Giant Monsters will most likely get rolling in 2008.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Tom Cruise just keeps becoming a bigger asshole at an exponential rate. In 2 more years, His asshole - ness will fill up our entire solar system; in 6 years, our entire galaxy.

In another 10 years, the ENTIRE universe will become filled with his asshole - ness.

This is bad.....

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Not just any asshole-ness, but real asshole-ness.

500+ posts
500+ posts
Wow, that's the worst kind.

On the path to real assholeness.
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
That stinks.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

His reaction is creepy, you can see him physically holding the guy there to lecture him.

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Tom Cruise said:

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
That video of Tom Cruise was creepy. And why was he holding that guy's hand??

That was very gay.

and creepy.

But mostly creepy.

( And very gay! )

life." - Tuvok.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
It's weird - up until two years ago or so, Cruise was a god in Hollywood and now he's just considered bizarre.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
He brought it all on himself..I think he let stardom go to his head, and he thinks he's a God among men.

life." - Tuvok.

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
I just think he's a nutjob

few posts
few posts
Quote:

Wednesday said:
...and we believe in God.

Personally this makes more sense if you said;...and we believe in Religions.

Ultimately the very defination what God is has been distorted because of Religion. I rather not think of God as being a Superdominant being, but just the creator of what is. Whether that creator is just the "Big Bang" or something even greator, we will never know, but regardless it is what was and without it we wouldn't even be here.

Now Religion, this is trully what jacks people up, sure they all have some good qualities but for the most part its all the same. Muslims, Evangelicals, Jews, Scientologist, etc...etc.. any type of extremism is what causes plenty of the worlds problems.

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
The guy was rude, but Cruise's line: "You're a jerk!" was hilarious.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:
The guy was rude, but Cruise's line: "You're a jerk!" was hilarious.

on some level though i think certain celebrities ask for it. Tom Cruise acts in a way that challenges people to take him down a peg. Its no different than giving crap to the office jerk.

Bow ties are coool.
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Cruise asks for it by acting like a damned fool on live television. He took himself down a peg with the way he treated Brooke Shields. I don't see him as the office jerk at all, he's a nut.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Iroc Camaro said:

Ultimately the very defination what God is has been distorted because of Religion. I rather not think of God as being a Superdominant being, but just the creator of what is. Whether that creator is just the "Big Bang" or something even greator, we will never know, but regardless it is what was and without it we wouldn't even be here.

Now Religion, this is trully what jacks people up, sure they all have some good qualities but for the most part its all the same. Muslims, Evangelicals, Jews, Scientologist, etc...etc.. any type of extremism is what causes plenty of the worlds problems.

......You're an idiot.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Cruise asks for it by acting like a damned fool on live television. He took himself down a peg with the way he treated Brooke Shields. I don't see him as the office jerk at all, he's a nut.

i actually had an office jerk once who acted like tom cruise in his insanity.
it was actually fun to get him annoyed.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
What's all this about Brooke Shields?

fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
I think we can all agree that Tom Cruise takes himself and his retard cult a little too serious

Racks be to MisterJLA
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

Iroc Camaro said:

......You're an idiot.

Spoken like a true Christian...

500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Cruise asks for it by acting like a damned fool on live television. He took himself down a peg with the way he treated Brooke Shields.

Between the initial meltdown on Oprah, ragging on Shields, getting prissy-hissy with a guy holding a squirt-microphone, and then being an asshole to Matt Lauer, he dug his own grave.

Even if he was straight, people would think he was nuts.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
I really don't have much to say. I just wanted to insult Pariah's Christian faith by corresponding with a tard who at least has something bad to say about religion, no matter how stupid or non-sensical it is.

Link Copied to Clipboard