Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I didnt know Lars could swim!

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
heh.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm not really up on the history of Metallica. I just know that they made three of my favorite songs. Whereever I May Roam, Unforgiven, and No Leaf Clover. Are those post-Justice or pre-Justice?

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
I think Pariah just proved our point!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
Lars is a fuckhole. Metallica lost their shit when Cliff Burton died.

Yes....

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:

Quote:

Pariah said:
Are those post-Justice or pre-Justice?

300+ posts
300+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

Quote:

Pariah said:
Are those post-Justice or pre-Justice?

All those songs are post-Justice and given their obvious contempt for your musical tastes, they are inferring that Metallica post-Justic (prob. post-"master of puppets") is xxxxxx (xxxxxx = the most disgusting type of animal excretion imaginable).

I am a man with needs. Rack JLA!!!
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
if Pariah really wants to experience Metallica I suggest he d/l Fade To Black, feel free to act it out as well!

300+ posts
300+ posts
Quote:

if Pariah really wants to experience Metallica I suggest he d/l Fade To Black, feel free to act it out as well!

That's harsh, but also hillarious!

300+ posts
300+ posts
OK I'm drunk again, so fuck y'all! I humbled myself and admitted some of the short commings of the GREATEST METAL BAND EVER!!! But, ya'll continued to hate; dare ya to name a metal song greater than "Seek and Destroy," "Master of Puppets," "One," or "Enter Sandman."

BTW..... did I mention that I am drunk!

BTW.... I bring this up own to spur to discussion rather than to start a fight. I mean for Christ-sakes this is a discussion baord after all!!!

BTW.... Did I mention that I am really fucking drunk tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Okay so I listened to the three albums before Justice, then compared them to the songs I like after justice and I find almost no difference between the two aside from their 80s stuff being less lyrical than their 90s material.

And Flagg: Enter Sandman sucked.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

Randal_Flagg said:
OK I'm drunk again, so fuck y'all! I humbled myself and admitted some of the short commings of the GREATEST METAL BAND EVER!!! But, ya'll continued to hate; dare ya to name a metal song greater than "Seek and Destroy," "Master of Puppets," "One," or "Enter Sandman."

BTW..... did I mention that I am drunk!

BTW.... I bring this up own to spur to discussion rather than to start a fight. I mean for Christ-sakes this is a discussion baord after all!!!

BTW.... Did I mention that I am really fucking drunk tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you "Seek and Destroy."

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Okay so I listened to the three albums before Justice, then compared them to the songs I like after justice and I find almost no difference between the two aside from their 80s stuff being less lyrical than their 90s material.

And once again you show they you are tone deaf if you hear no difference.
Also if you think they are less lyrical, then you have no idea what you are listening to!

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Fade to Black is prolly one of the best lyrical metal songs ever, in pariah's defense its prolly hard for him to hear with g-mans dick in his ear....

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
well I guess G-man took his youth and gave it all away.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Fade to Black is prolly one of the best lyrical metal songs ever, in pariah's defense its prolly hard for him to hear with g-mans dick in his ear....

Even songs like Creeping Death are more lyrical than he gives them credit for!
Now if he'd said melodic, then I'd have understood as they were a thrash metal band back then.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
if anything i think the newer stuff is less lyrical and more "catchy"....

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I don't see it...Or hear it rather.

The point is, I only see one difference between the two, and that is one emphasizes instrumental over lyrics moreso than the other. Aside from that, everything sounds the same....Except for St. Anger. I listened to some of that a couple hours ago and I thought my ears were bleeding.

What's bugging you guys so much? The subject matter of the songs? The tunes? The band members?

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Quote:

Randal_Flagg said:
I usually try to be diplomatic, but you guys are outta your fucking skulls!!!

I have been a die-hard Metallica fan since I saw the "One" video at age ten; its the song that got me into metal in the first place. Now, I will grant that "St. Anger" leaves something to be desired, but I still think it has some great tracks on it ("St. Anger," "Frantic," and "Some Kind of Monster"). I hope that on their next album they will go back to basics instead of trying to by "heavy" or "trendy."

I will also grant that watching "Some Kind of Monster" is painful, but naturally dealing with the bullshit and self-destructive behavior that has built up over twenty years is going to look like a train wreck.

However, I think it is asinine to suggest that they have "sold out" every time they take the band in a new direction. People have been saying that about the band since their first power ballad appeared on "Ride the Lightening," i.e. "Fade to Black."

I still remember back in '96 when "Load" was released and people were talking shit about their haircuts. Honestely, I was concerned, but the songs grew on me and I can now say that several of my favortie Metallica songs come from this album (e.g. "Bleeding Me," "The Outlaw Torn," "Mamma Said," in fact the more I think about it, I don't think there is a single track on the album that I don't like).

But, any apprehension that I may have had about the band's "heaviness" was annihilated when Kaz, Fused, and I went to seem them perform at Lollapalloza that summer. We were ten feet away from the stage, losing are minds in the mosh pit, and I can vividly remember how the crowd went insane when Jason Newstead started the bass line to "King Nothing." It was the greatest concert experience of my life and one of the best experience of my life.

So I am sorry if I take it personal when people start hating on my favorite band, but after years of hearing the same bullshit some times a get a little pissed off. Either you like their music or you don't, and that's fine with me.

But, give the guys a break! Addiction and abuse take their toll and you have to give the band room to evolve. They are in their forties now, some of them have kids; trying to be the loudest, or fastest, or whatever would be cliche. I mean look at other bands that are still doing the same thing they were doing twenty years ago (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, AC/DC etc). I respect the hell out of those bands, but the same old shit gets boring.

I know I am going to get flamed for this post, but I won't apologize for being a loyal fan of THE GREATEST METAL BAND EVER! If the guys in Metallica want to release an album where they fart into a microphone for 45 minutes they've earned it. I'm out!

Jaburg can back me up on this when I say. that I was the BIGGEST Metallica Fan.

IMHO Metallica just Sucks now...

I own every album they have ever put out, Including some bootleg stuff and rare albums. I can understand people's arguments about Justice being where it all started to go wrong.... In part they are right. It all started to go wrong the moment Cliff was tossed from the boss as it flipped and it rolled over him. Combine that with the Signing of Bob Rock as thier producer and it was all over. Bob Rock took them from one of the Greatest Metal Bands to just some Pop Rock metal band that was more interested in there own image there thier music.

And you thinking St.Anger is a good album just shows how little you know about good music. I am ashamed to admit it but I bought that album the day it came out. I have listened to it a Handful of times. I can't get past the Hetfield Vocals that sounds like he's strangling a cat. And Lars's Beating on a Garbage Can Drum kit thing he had going.

They band Got the Balls of the Genius that was Kirk Hammet by not letting him break into his Solo's which was Signature Metallica.

The only good thing the Band had going for it was Rob Trujillo (Spelling?) laying down Bass Tracks. And I don't even think a lot of his work made the Album. If I remember Correctly they didn't get Rob until they went on tour. I think it was Bob Rock doing a lot of the Bass work.

Metallica should do the Metal world a Favor and Just retire.

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:

What's bugging you guys so much? The subject matter of the songs? The tunes? The band members?

you can catch up on what we dont like about them by reading this thread http://www.rkmbs.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/708654/an/0/page/0#708654

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I can see that much, but all I'm hearing is that their music started sucking at a certain and that-that Lars dude is unrighteous or something.

I'm just confuzzled cuz' the music doesn't sound much different pre or post justice.

Is it lyrics or sound or both?

300+ posts
300+ posts
Quote:

Balloon Knot said:
Jaburg can back me up on this when I say. that I was the BIGGEST Metallica Fan.

IMHO Metallica just Sucks now...

I own every album they have ever put out, Including some bootleg stuff and rare albums. I can understand people's arguments about Justice being where it all started to go wrong.... In part they are right. It all started to go wrong the moment Cliff was tossed from the boss as it flipped and it rolled over him. Combine that with the Signing of Bob Rock as thier producer and it was all over. Bob Rock took them from one of the Greatest Metal Bands to just some Pop Rock metal band that was more interested in there own image there thier music.

And you thinking St.Anger is a good album just shows how little you know about good music. I am ashamed to admit it but I bought that album the day it came out. I have listened to it a Handful of times. I can't get past the Hetfield Vocals that sounds like he's strangling a cat. And Lars's Beating on a Garbage Can Drum kit thing he had going.

They band Got the Balls of the Genius that was Kirk Hammet by not letting him break into his Solo's which was Signature Metallica.

The only good thing the Band had going for it was Rob Trujillo (Spelling?) laying down Bass Tracks. And I don't even think a lot of his work made the Album. If I remember Correctly they didn't get Rob until they went on tour. I think it was Bob Rock doing a lot of the Bass work.

Metallica should do the Metal world a Favor and Just retire.

Hey man, what's with the hostility here! I apologized for my more inflamatory comments.... did I mention that I was drunk? I actually agree with you on most of the comments that you are making, albeit I am not as negative about things.

I never said that "St. Anger" was a good album, I just said that it has a few great tracks. I totally agree that they need to unleash Kirk Hammet on the next record and despite the fact that I believe Jason Newstead was the member that kept them "grounded," I like Rob T's presence in the band.

Hopefully, "St. Anger" is a transitional record... you know kida like a rebuilding year with a sports team. Obviously, they were going through a lot of bullshit as individuals and as a band which shows up on the record. I am praying that with this album out of their system, there next few records might be better. But, like my grandad said, "Try praying with one hand and shitting in the other... see which one fills up first."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard