Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
10000+ posts
OP Offline
10000+ posts
Seahawks' Alexander out indefinitely with foot fracture:

Quote:

The Seahawks lost reigning MVP Shaun Alexander indefinitely after X-rays revealed a small crack in his left foot.

Alexander missed two days of practice last week because of the foot injury believed to have been sustained during a tackle in the Arizona Cardinals game in Week 2. Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who announced the injury Monday, wasn't sure which part of Sunday's game against the Giants that Alexander suffered further injury to the foot.

Holmgren said he isn't sure how long Alexander will be out but it's possible he could miss a month. Holmgren said Alexander's injury is a non-displaced fracture of the foot.

"You lose the MVP for a while, it's a hit," Holmgren said. "Let's face it, he's the MVP. We're not going to sugarcoat it."

Maurice Morris will be the starter in Alexander's absence. The Seahawks have a bye week following Sunday's game against the Bears in a matchup of 3-0 teams.

Alexander rushed for 47 yards and a touchdown in Seattle's 42-30 victory over the New York Giants.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
I have gas.
2000+ posts
I have gas.
2000+ posts
A blessing in disguise. With LG Steve Hutchinson in Minnesota, the addition of Deion Branch and now Maurice Morris starting, the offense is completely different from last year. And Morris might be the better back, because he just looks for whatever hole the O-Line gives him and plows ahead whereas Alexander tends to go side-to-side waiting until a huge gap forms and heads towards the biggest crease so he can get some huge gain. Coach Holmgren has often compared Morris to former Seahawk RB Ricky Watters. So I'm thinking this is a good thing.

"You kind of get tired giving the other team credit. At some point you've got to look in the mirror and say 'I sucked.'"

Alex Rodriguez, after the NY Yankees were eliminated from the 2006 ALDS by the Detroit Tigers.
I have gas.
2000+ posts
I have gas.
2000+ posts
Oh, I'm kidding. I firmly believe in that damned curse! MOTHER******!!!!!!!!

"You kind of get tired giving the other team credit. At some point you've got to look in the mirror and say 'I sucked.'"

Alex Rodriguez, after the NY Yankees were eliminated from the 2006 ALDS by the Detroit Tigers.
10000+ posts
OP Offline
10000+ posts
If resting can heal him, then you might say it is a good thing, because Alexander was averaging under three yards a carry up to this point. That's terrible, and if he's not a lot better when he comes back, Seattle won't go very far.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.

Link Copied to Clipboard