I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Brad Lee said:
You are misinterpreting the Bible on slavery, murder for minor indiscretions, and etc. What is a minor discretion that gets the death penalty. Further, please allow me to explain how the death penalty handed out. Two, not one, but two knowledgeable people have to actually see the discretion as it happens. Not only that, but they have to worn the person of the act he is about to commit. What does that mean? It means they have to make sure the person not only understands what he is doing is wrong, but why it's wrong, and what the punishment is. Now, how often does it happen that witnesses can do that? The death penalty is therefore nearly impossible to hand out.

Instead of typing stuff out, I'll let a good actor explain the biblical sins we no longer consider serious.

Quote:

As for living a life of torture, what's the point of living a life of poor health? Not all medical issues are treatable, believe me, I know from personal experience. What is the point in my painful existence? I'll tell what I believe. I believe this is what I need to purify my soul so that it can move on the world to come (yes, I do believe in reincarnation, and that we keep coming back until we get it right). I have physical problems, other people have internal problems. For example, former president Bill Clinton has a problem being a faithful husband. That is his problem to work on in this world. He could not act on his feelings, which would have saved him the embarrassment of impeachment, or he could act on those feelings, which he did. I do believe it is that simple, and that there is a higher purpose to our personal problems in life.

You equate homosexuality with doing something wrong though. The bible is an old book. Even if you believe in Jesus, the bible wasn't written by him, it was written years after the fact so at best its hearsay.
Personally I don't believe in the concept of god giving us a rulebook. I don't believe in the concept of god creating an entire race of people so that they can serve and worship it. I don't believe in god creating humans to feel "wrong" just so they can overcome that and be unhappy but "right."
It makes no sense and makes your god out to be a real asshole who likes to torture people.
I think the best analogy would be feeling that you have a calling as an artist, but living in a household of lawyers and being pressured to follow in their footsteps . So the artist can be an artist and be happy, or he can live his whole life miserable as a lawyer simply because that's what is expected.
Makes god seem rather petty. I would like to think that if their was a god, he'd be much more together as a being than the jealous, pissy, selfish god christians and muslims present him as.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Oh and for the record....elsia and you started trouble with me, not the other way around. You guys just didn't like it when a mirror was held up to your faces.

Now that we have derailed this thread let's get back to talking about gay babies!

Bow ties are coool.
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
Quoting the Talmud as equal to the Bible is wrong ('do not add nor take away from scripture...yadda yadda').

If he's referencing the Torah as a source, then he's speaking more as a Jew than as a Christian. So it's not very fair to say that his generalization of the Bible's argument is unsuitable for his use since the Bible does include the Old Testament.

On that note, I think Brad made the best argument regarding this issue at the beginning of the thread in regards to a person's perseverance. For the sake of one's spiritual well-being, a person should be able to forego their more detrimental urges even if it buys them a temporary happiness. I say this while keeping in mind that people can be "happy" for a lot of different reasons, good and bad. Even if a person thinks or feels the reason is good, that doesn't mean it qualifies as such. As I've pointed out repeatedly throughout my RKMB career, I think the homosexual community is what most suffers from this delusion. The way they regularly reason carrying out their urges is a detriment to their health and other people's as well. What confuses me is why they'd feel the need to do what they do; last I checked, the sincerest demonstration of love was companionship, not simply physical action that damages your body. I just don't see how that can be passed off as affection.

Anywho, even if I were to believe that homosexuals were designed homosexual, I see that as more of a test of physical and spiritual attrition than I do as something natural and normal. Because so many people here would cry foul, I usually choose not to use this kind of reasoning, but I feel it has merit none the less. It reminds of a person I met at a cloister adjacent to my church. There's a priest there who was diagnosed as a socio-path and he admits to having trouble sorting out the right and the wrong of the world even though he does believe in the Catholic philosophy. He admitted once that it's because he was raised with that philosophy that he was able to stave off urges of harming others. While his impulses don't revolve around murder, when he thinks about that kind of subject it's hard for him to find wrong in it.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
well written pariah...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Pariah is full of shit. His little diatribe was not well written. It was written from the standpoint that being gay is wrong and he was offering some pseudo-intellectual argument.

Quote:

As I've pointed out repeatedly throughout my RKMB career, I think the homosexual community is what most suffers from this delusion. The way they regularly reason carrying out their urges is a detriment to their health and other people's as well. What confuses me is why they'd feel the need to do what they do; last I checked, the sincerest demonstration of love was companionship, not simply physical action that damages your body. I just don't see how that can be passed off as affection.

Right. Gay people only pursue physical release and not at all companionship.

With attitudes like this, I swear to whatever there is out there I do not know anymore why I stick around a place that harbors even a handful of people who support this kind of position.

Jesus fucking Christ!

We all wear a green carnation.
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
jim, that sounded a little gay....

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Jesus would never do that.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Right. Gay people only pursue physical release and not at all companionship.

My entire point, Jim, is that homosexuals who participate in sodomy feel that their relationship only applies as a real relationship if they penetrate eachother somehow. That kind of mindset is rather stupid--Especially considering their body's weren't designed for such a thing. There's such a thing as companionship without being connected at the rear.

I admit that it's a problem for pre-marital straight couples as well, but you can't compare sodomy to sex (unless the straight couple is participating in sodomy as well; in which case they're just as careless).

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Pariah, dear boy, I feel so, so, so sorry for you, going through life with such an ill-informed viewpoint.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Live a little more before you act like you do.

500+ posts
500+ posts

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Pariah, dear boy, I feel so, so, so sorry for you, going through life with such an ill-informed viewpoint.

So for the record: You believe a relationship isn't a relationship without sex.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
For the record, do you believe that gay people can and do have relationships that go beyond sex?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yes. There's a few of them who go to my parish. As Catholics, they recognize the act of sodomy to be an abomination. They also recognize, even if you don't agree with them, that their attractions aren't normal.

Just because someone finds it too difficult to want to spend time with a member of the opposite sex, that doesn't mean they have to. But this doesn't mean that they should associate having strong feelings for the person he or she does stay close to with manipulating eachother in ways that defy logic. And the ones I've met in the circles I'm in realize that.

In the Canadian Same Sex Marriage thread, MEM brought up a Biblical reference in an attempt to show that the scripture housed a positive story about a gay relationship--He failed of course. This is because he tried to apply past displays of affection with the standards of the modern day status quo. If he just tried to demonstrate an acceptable form of a loving relationship between two men, he would have had more success, but he had to go the extra mile:

Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Gay or not gay?

1 Samuel 18
1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
2 And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house.
3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

Later on Saul gets a bit pissed about this "friendship" that his son is in.

30 Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness?
31 For as long as the son of Jesse liveth upon the ground, thou shalt not be established, nor thy kingdom. Wherefore now send and fetch him unto me, for he shall surely die.

They even kiss at some point in there. Friends or Lovers?

Truth be told, he actually does make a very good point about the influence of the two different eras. In this day and age, Saul and Jonathon's presence of love for eachother would encourage them to act out like a couple of greased up leather-clad San Francisco fuck buddies. However, because they were actually sane enough to realize that doing such things to express love towards eachother was silly, we don't see any of that nonsense fold out. I mean, kissing is fine, but that's kissing.

So you see Jim, it's rather difficult for me to understand why you'd make such a point of advertizing your sexual interests by dubbing yourself a "homosexual" instead of just loving your closest friend. I mean, not only is hearing abour what gets you off none of my business, but it's also really sick.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I'm not forcing you to hear anything.

And as regarding how "sick" you think I and other gays are, I wouldn't swap my life for your ostensibly str8 one any day of the week.

And as I've also said before, why don't you grow up a little and experience life before you start making grand proclamations about what the state of the universe actually is?

This will probably mark our last interaction. You're officially on my Ignore list.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Don't let the terrorists win Jim!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
str8

faggot

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
And as regarding how "sick" you think I and other gays are, I wouldn't swap my life for your ostensibly str8 one any day of the week.

On the contrary Jim, it's not gays that I think are sick. It's the things they choose to do as a way of showing affection.

Could someone please quote this so Jim can see it? Thanks.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

I'm quoting Pariah because ignore is rather juvenile and I'm amused by the potential shitstorm this thread represents:
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:

On the contrary Jim, it's not gays that I think are sick. It's the things they choose to do as a way of showing affection.

Could someone please quote this so Jim can see it? Thanks.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
I mean, not only is hearing abour what gets you off none of my business, but it's also really sick.

Says the guy with hentai transsexual fetish.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I feel I should comment on this thread but there is very little I could offer up new that isn't already on other gay themed threads. Quick summary, I know what is in my own heart & the feelings that I have towards my boyfriend are the good sappy kind. It's just that simple.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That was never in dispute.

Quote:

thedoctor said:
Says the guy with hentai transsexual fetish.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Stop hating yourself, Pary.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard