Next Thread
Print Thread
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

TNA President, Dixie Carter was interviewed by the Sun in Great Britain about a number of different topics. Highlights are below:

Kurt Angle's Health:

"Kurt did have a lot of health problems, but that's because he was not given the time off to rehab. When you're not given that you pop your body full of pain medicine to get by. Then you're not given time off to get off the pain medicine and you get caught in this vicious circle. The only way he could break that was to get out of that environment. Again that's where we differ as a company. I am doing everything in my power to protect Kurt's health and if needs time off then he can take it. He is pursuing Mixed Martial Arts and I am also supporting him fully in doing that. I am not frightened for our guys to have success outside of the TNA world."

The "Fire Vince Russo" chant at Destination X:

"I love the passion of wrestling fans but there is just so much that they get wrong, that they perceive to be one way when it's not. It's interesting that at our last PPV during the Sting v Abyss match they started that chant. First of all that match was something Vince had absolutely nothing to do with. Second of all it wasn't 120 seconds later that the crowd were jumping up and down screaming 'holy s***' and 'TNA'. Vince is human, and has one of the best hearts in this business, so I am sure the chants hurt him. They hurt me for him. But it's amazing how off the mark these folks are. One thing they blame him for is that we sometimes try and cram too much into our TV shows, as we only have 42 minutes, but Vince has actually been a big part of helping me slow that down and make positive changes. But the hardcore fans don't see it and there's no telling them any different."

On Bill Goldberg's Comments Regarding Signing With TNA and The Money Issue:

"There is a lot more to being happy and successful than just a pay day. If that's where Mr Goldberg's happiness lies then he is missing the boat on a whole lot of other big issues."

To be honest, I find those comments about Angle to be quite laughable.
The fact Dixie says Angle was never given time is true while he was in WWE is actually pretty true, but the fact his release was agreed to help him take time off to heal, and Angle and TNA rushed him back into the spotlight kinda goes against what they are saying about they give him the time off if he needs it.

If he needed time off when he was in WWE, and he hasnt taken time off since leaving, how does that make TNA any better than WWE?

Also, Dixie then says that TNA supports him in his attempts to get into MMA!
I mean, thats really good for his health isnt it!

I used to think that TNA was a much better company than WWE, but with the shit they have been serving up recently and the comments they are making, they are currently no better than WWE and its shite!

ROH looks better and better each day!

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Did you gorget TNA films all of their TV for the month in one day? Angle going on the road on Saturday to get to Florida then filming some stuff Manday and heading back hom is a helluva lit easier than the WWE schedule.

If Angle is healed up now and wants to go into MMA I think it's great that TNA supports that, the WWE tells all their "independent contractors" what movies, commercials, book signings ect they are allowed to pursue, again if Angle isnt healed up by now he aint gunna....

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
the lighter schedule is the primary factor. although they are beginning to tour some.

I believe Angle's stated his interest in MMA, is only a part time thing. he only wants to do two or three MMA matches a year. much less grueling than if he were doing it full time. and leaves plenty of time for TNA stuff.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i would be willing to bet fighting in MMA full time is alot easier on your body than touring in the WWE full time....

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I would think so, too. as they fight much less often and have a lot more time to heal up.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
I'm interested in Dixie's take on the fire Russo chants. Personally, I'd say Russo is producing some good stuff at the moment.

OOK OOK ACK EEK!
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
After all, he hasn't done anything truly ridiculous, like a sequel to the Judy Bagwell On a Pole Match....

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Link Copied to Clipboard